Author Topic: [IC]Maxkey Lime (GB live for EU and Taiwan,China)  (Read 44790 times)

Offline kingnestea

Re: [IC]Maxkey Lime (updated August 6th: information regarding GB)
« Reply #150 on: Wed, 09 August 2017, 11:04:29 »

kingnestea,
Please consider having the box/tray as an option. Maxkey Ashen shipped in these boxes, from Shanghai(zFrontier) to US west coast for $9, very reasonable I think.

That's what I'm considering, provide an option for shipped in tray with additional cost. Maxkey just confirmed they can ship that separately, a certain amount in bags and another in trays.
So I think that's probably what will happen. But we need jchan to confirm.

Edit: It's confirmed we will provide the option for shipped in tray with additional charge.
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 August 2017, 11:48:10 by kingnestea »

Offline daaawooo

« Reply #151 on: Thu, 10 August 2017, 07:28:55 »
still not up on keyclack.

on taobao it runs only till 2017/08/16.

strange ?
Perixx PX-5200 BR, KBP-V60-MTS-Q, SS 6G V2

« Reply #152 on: Thu, 10 August 2017, 07:43:18 »

strange ?

Keyclack has a lot going on right now so I'm not surprised.  JChan is a one man QC and shipping machine right now trying to wrap up the M65-A GB and I've seen him say in a few different places that the new storefront for the website is having a lot of problems which is why it hasn't launched yet.  I'm sure we'll get official word from JChan or Kingnestea but I doubt that they'd let the GB run out on the 16th without saying anything.

Offline lecorsair

« Reply #153 on: Thu, 10 August 2017, 11:37:38 »

kingnestea,
Please consider having the box/tray as an option. Maxkey Ashen shipped in these boxes, from Shanghai(zFrontier) to US west coast for $9, very reasonable I think.

That's what I'm considering, provide an option for shipped in tray with additional cost. Maxkey just confirmed they can ship that separately, a certain amount in bags and another in trays.
So I think that's probably what will happen. But we need jchan to confirm.

Edit: It's confirmed we will provide the option for shipped in tray with additional charge.

Thank you! Really appreciate the great work getting this set to fruition.

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #154 on: Thu, 10 August 2017, 19:59:31 »

strange ?

Keyclack has a lot going on right now so I'm not surprised.  JChan is a one man QC and shipping machine right now trying to wrap up the M65-A GB and I've seen him say in a few different places that the new storefront for the website is having a lot of problems which is why it hasn't launched yet.  I'm sure we'll get official word from JChan or Kingnestea but I doubt that they'd let the GB run out on the 16th without saying anything.

This is exactly what's happening, mainly, it's the problem of the keclack website that's holding the launch. But no worries, it will be on keyclack and you will have enough time to get on board.

Offline UTEster750

« Reply #155 on: Sat, 12 August 2017, 06:26:49 »

strange ?

This is exactly what's happening, mainly, it's the problem of the keclack website that's holding the launch. But no worries, it will be on keyclack and you will have enough time to get on board.

Take the time and get it all working, but can't wait for this to come along  ;D

Offline Kaleidoscope

• I need to get over this clack addiction.
« Reply #156 on: Sun, 13 August 2017, 00:40:39 »

strange ?

Good to hear. I really don't mind the extra wait considering the issues that are getting fixed this time around.

Offline Chromatrope

• Tortures arrows, murders Lshift, doesn't press X
« Reply #157 on: Sun, 13 August 2017, 07:05:33 »
Absolutely gorgeous set, I'm very interested, especially with the glossy finish. That way I don't have to worry about shine lol.
I dance significantly better through bullet patterns than the alphanumerics. Known to cause heart failure in touch typists on sight.

Offline darthzero

« Reply #158 on: Tue, 15 August 2017, 02:06:24 »
How does this https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/6tq5a0/news_keyclack_temp_store_coming_818_2pm_pdt/ affect the european part of the gb that you have put on hold until keyclack is ready? 
Also funny how maxkeys is putting out fixed sets for 78$ now https://en.zfrontier.com/collections/maxkey/products/maxkey-ashen (tbf they got 5 keys less).
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 August 2017, 02:11:06 by darthzero »
Discord: kuno#0600 
Reddit: u/darthzero

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #159 on: Tue, 15 August 2017, 05:17:55 »
How does this https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/6tq5a0/news_keyclack_temp_store_coming_818_2pm_pdt/ affect the european part of the gb that you have put on hold until keyclack is ready? 
Also funny how maxkeys is putting out fixed sets for 78$ now https://en.zfrontier.com/collections/maxkey/products/maxkey-ashen (tbf they got 5 keys less).

That temporary store of keyclack won't affect Lime actually, it's meant for in-stock sales. AFAIK, the current issue only affects GBs and pre-orders.
I've been talking to jchan last night, and he said the issue should be resolved within 2 weeks, Lime EU will wait for keyclack launch, despites I already have the google form ready for collecting orders.
And about Maxkey Ashen R2, that's what zfrontier has  been doing I guess? Launching tons of GBs to gain market share..
But yeah, that actually proofs what I've been telling ppl...and one thing for sure, the fixed molds will be available for future Maxkey sets.
I don't really have a problem with that, when we asked for more fixes than Maxkey was willing to do, we talked about paying for test molds for the fixes we wanted and own the molds for future keyclack GBs
But those molds are only limited to a production of ~800 sets, so for the good of this community and Maxkey's future production, we agreed with sharing the cost to fix them once and for all.
And since we're not the only party paying the cost, Maxkey is paying that as well, means these molds will be available for everyone.
If anyone is wondering why Lime is pricing at $100 while Ashen R2 is $78, I hope that they understand that we are also paying for novelties and text arrows which is pricy with Maxkey.

a minor update,
We've paid a deposit to Maxkey for the fixed molds and novelty molds, and they've already started the process of fixing molds and Lime novelties.
Hopefully they will finish that before keyclack and EU launch so that we can get you some pictures of the actual product, but I'll surely keep you guys updated if I hear anything from them about the fixes etc.
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 August 2017, 05:19:44 by kingnestea »

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #160 on: Tue, 15 August 2017, 08:41:54 »
Jchan said it would be available as a "pre-order" of sorts, but with "gb pricing".  sounds fine to me. 
keyboards.

Offline schoolbus

« Reply #161 on: Tue, 15 August 2017, 12:20:37 »
Jchan said it would be available as a "pre-order" of sorts, but with "gb pricing".  sounds fine to me.

That was in reference to GMK Muted, not this Maxkeys GB.
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline MeloDet

« Reply #162 on: Tue, 15 August 2017, 12:24:26 »

He did also mention that in regards to Lime in this post. https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/6tq5a0/news_keyclack_temp_store_coming_818_2pm_pdt/dlmqn20/

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #163 on: Tue, 15 August 2017, 18:01:21 »

He did also mention that in regards to Lime in this post. https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/6tq5a0/news_keyclack_temp_store_coming_818_2pm_pdt/dlmqn20/

I didn't catch up that. But I'll talk to jchan and see how we can arrange that GB ASAP, the best way to keep updated is to sign up the keyclack mail list

Offline Kaleidoscope

• I need to get over this clack addiction.
« Reply #164 on: Fri, 18 August 2017, 17:44:54 »
Any new updates on MaxKey Lime from Keyclack? Super excited for this keyset  🍋

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #165 on: Fri, 18 August 2017, 23:33:48 »
Any new updates on MaxKey Lime from Keyclack? Super excited for this keyset  🍋

Still waiting for jchan to confirm the launch date.
But one thing for sure, this delay of launch will not affect the estimated ship date because things are processing at Maxkey.
We're looking at Oct. - Nov. now.

Offline kingnestea

Re: [IC]Maxkey Lime (GB live for EU and Taiwan,China)
« Reply #166 on: Tue, 22 August 2017, 15:20:33 »
GB is now live for EU and Taiwan,China!:https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=91208.0