Author Topic: Hello! Longtime lurker, longtime clacker, first time poster!  (Read 1689 times)

Offline xtianyves

• YvesDrop
Hello! Longtime lurker, longtime clacker, first time poster!
« on: Fri, 28 July 2017, 19:56:10 »
Hi GH! I'm a longtime lurker but a longtime clacker (clacking since 2014!).

My first "real" mechanical keyboard was a Ducky Shine TKL with Cherry MX Browns. From there I moved to a Filco Majestouch with Cherry MX Blues, to a pair of Vortex Poker II's -- a white one with Cherry MX Browns, a grey one with Cherry MX Blues. Naturally I moved to a POK3R with Cherry MX Clears which I loved to death until I started to miss having dedicated arrow keys.

Which brings me to today: I just finished building an XD60/XD64 keyboard with R6 67g Zealios and I have to say I absolutely love their smoothness and tactility compared to MX Clears!

I've got a mechmini on the way which will be my first 40% and if I end up liking it I'll probably get another one to install my stickered Gateron Greens onto and put into a nice anodized case.

Here's a quick shot of my XD60/XD64 which I just finished installing LEDs into last week. I didn't get a plate for the keyboard because I played around with the layout and have finally settled on this 2u LShift layout even though it's going to be a pain to find keycaps for.

Please forgive the lack of an interesting keycap set. I had everything from DSA Granite to SA Jukebox, Dolch, etc. but I ended up selling them to fund gear for my work (photography) which is another money pit on its own.

I'll probably grab a GMK set or SA Industrial soon. Thanks for reading!

Here are some photos:

174469-0
174471-1
174473-2

Offline raxander

Re: Hello! Longtime lurker, longtime clacker, first time poster!
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 31 July 2017, 14:31:21 »
Great keyboard. I love that layout, tempted to try something like that for my next build.

Offline xtianyves

• YvesDrop
Re: Hello! Longtime lurker, longtime clacker, first time poster!
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 01 August 2017, 18:12:26 »
Thanks. I'm really enjoying it though maybe because I was so used to using WASD on my POK3R I find I am not really using the bottom right arrow cluster as much as I thought I would be.

Perhaps it's time to try another layout once again!