Author Topic: Is silver possible?  (Read 3234 times)

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
Is silver possible?
« on: Fri, 11 August 2017, 18:46:04 »
Just a random thought. But can GMK or SP do something silvery?  Something medium gray with some shine in it?
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 August 2017, 18:49:56 by reececonrad »

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
Re: Is silver possible?
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 11 August 2017, 19:44:18 »

Offline clappingcactus

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 11 August 2017, 19:50:43 »
You should check out SA Chronicler.  :p

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 11 August 2017, 19:58:43 »
I'm looking for something that actually has a satin metalic look, and not just gray. 

I always find inspiration in my sons toys.

175657-0

Wouldn't blue on silver alphas with yellow on blue mods accented with blue on yellow look sweet?

Maybe I'll send an email to SP and see if they have any idea if they could achieve this effect?   I asked here just bc I don't know if anyone else has ever ventured down this path

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 13 August 2017, 22:00:48 »
They did, didn't they?

I have a silver keycap or two from an SP crap bag.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 13 August 2017, 22:31:54 »
They did, didn't they?

dunno.  Do you have a pic?

Offline Gajible

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 13 August 2017, 23:56:34 »
They did, didn't they?

SP does a load of neat stuff they don't outwardly disclose.. :(

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 14 August 2017, 21:45:40 »
They did, didn't they?

dunno.  Do you have a pic?

Not at the moment, but I've sent myself a reminder to take one and post it.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 19 August 2017, 19:06:45 »
The Esc key has been photographed next to some grey keycaps for comparison.

Although in good light it just looks more like a light grey, but anyway.

176383-0

176385-1

176387-2

176389-3

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 19 August 2017, 19:31:06 »
The Esc key has been photographed next to some grey keycaps for comparison.

Although in good light it just looks more like a light grey, but anyway.

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

That's really cool.  Thanks for uploading!  You can definitely tell it's silver from the underneath.  Awesome.  Okay, I'm gonna think through this one.