Author Topic: [IC] Pulse SA - Round 3  (Read 28227 times)

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
[IC] Pulse SA - Round 3
« on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 13:31:47 »

Alphas

Three distinct selections to pick from – regular legends, inverse color scheme and nordic runes – Dieter Rams kit from Canvas XDA.

Modifiers

Two different options – classic text or exclusive Micons convention modifiers from Canvas/Godspeed XDA, also the standalone numpad.

Hobbyist & Exotic

The Hobbyist kits are standalone kits for 60% keyboards and extension for TKL form factors and above. The Exotic kit is an extension for odd & snowflakey layouts.

Ortholinear & 40%

These are standalone modifier kits for ortholinear and 40% keyboards, such as OLKB Planck & Preonic, Vortexgear Core and several others.

Split

Available in two different options – blanks & legended, these are standalone modifier kits for split keyboards such as Infinity ErgoDox, Kinesis and others.

Languages & Systems

Extension kits for international users, different languages, efficiency layouts and operating systems.

Decoration

These kits provide the user with alternate options for keyboard ornamentation. There are logos from Nico Tzogalis in opaque and translucent options. The classic megaphone, printer and trash can designs made a return from the previous rounds, with the addition of the Cyan Cross. The Arrows kit comes with bold and ergonomic arrow options. There are communities coats of arms and also a monolegend number row, for a minimalistic look.

Spacebars

Extra spacebars to substitute shine or complement Alphas/Zambs/Rams, depending on the specific layout and kits selected. Also a small selection of Blanks to act as spacebars for Planck, etc.

Mitolet

This exclusive monokit is designed in the 2.2.3.3.3.3 spherical profile configuration from Signature Plastics, for those who find the 1.1.2.3.4.3 configuration too aggressive. Similarly to what I’ve done with Godspeed SA.

It features a custom recipe for the shade of violet with the resin pigmentation fine tuned by me – result of Legacy DSA & Laser GMK sampling phases.

The Mitolet monokit is designed to provide adequate layout coverage for some 40% keyboards and the vast majority of ANSI and WKL 60%, 65% and standard TKL keyboards – such as Vortexgear Core & Poker, Tokyo 60, Rama M60A, Tada 68, KBD 75, Keycool 87 and plenty of others.

Merchandise & Comissions

From custom merchandising, sleeves, hand made artisan keycaps to stickers and other keyboard items, if you are interested in contributing with your talents and know-how, please drop me a message (mito.rmk@gmail.com) – I would love to hear your ideas and help you bring your vision to reality. Lots of community members got involved in the Laser GMK project, hopefully we can work together!

Render Gallery

• Due to the amount of renders and different options, please visit - mitormk.com/pulse and check them out.

Show Support

Code: [Select]
[url=https://mitormk.com/pulse/][img]https://i.imgur.com/r4jVsvv.png[/img][/url]
1. Select and copy the code;

2. Go to the "Profile" tab;

3. Press "Forum Profile";

4. Paste the code into the "Signature" box;

5. Press "Save" and you are done!

Thank you very much for looking, I'd like to know if there's enough interest to make this run happen!

Let me know if you have specific requests to make.
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 March 2018, 17:50:55 by MiTo »

Offline MikeTheTiger

Re: [IC] Pulse SA - Round 3
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 13:34:24 »
Yes!!

Offline Fluffypupper22

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 13:36:24 »
I've been waiting. Thank you for bringing back the set that got me into this hobby.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 13:38:42 »
HYPE, time to double my PuLSE collection

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 13:42:32 »
i like the idea of the monokit, but i don't understand why it's a part of this GB and not it's own thing

also why is it kaps with a k, not with a c

that's weird

GMK pulse when
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 13:43:44 »
Already have plenty of PuLSE, myself, but...nice!

I might need those minibars or a 40% kit
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Shell058

• sheep sheep sheep
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 13:45:40 »
So excited to add more to my PuLSE collection! This is the set that hooked me. <3

Offline Valaris

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 13:51:59 »
I love Mitolet. So much purple coming out lately!

Offline Koobaczech

• Don't forget to smile :)
    • Pearlboards
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 14:02:54 »
Pulse all the way! Great job Mito!

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 14:04:16 »
Show Image

najs one!
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Koobaczech

• Don't forget to smile :)
    • Pearlboards
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 14:05:45 »
najs one!
Lmao! Shoutout to my boy JD Carpe

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 14:08:26 »

Offline foxlive

• The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 14:16:33 »
Show Image

Ahahahah! This totally sum up my feelings write now! I want pulse so bad

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 14:17:47 »

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 14:20:28 »
Oh damn, I've been waiting for this one!

Offline kevinzavier

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 14:24:00 »
yes!

Offline BobCarltheThird

« Reply #16 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 14:28:24 »
Looks like I need to sell some of my stuff :))
***loads of Vaseline for my meme TMO50 -- Acereconkeys

Offline M

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 14:33:34 »
Mitolet looks sick! Gonna have to save up for this one...

Offline dsaf

« Reply #18 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 14:34:21 »
Let me know if you have specific requests to make.

Yes, please:

1) Please add back the missing novelties:

2) An F-row color flex-kit would be great!
« Last Edit: Wed, 07 March 2018, 14:36:28 by dsaf »

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 14:35:25 »
Love the Mitolet set. Would be wonderful if it could have homing T and N for Colemak, although I understand there's probably a whole bunch of other keys people would want added for compat before you start servicing the tiny subset of Colemak users... but I had to ask anyway.

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #20 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 14:37:14 »
Show Image

And it’s people like Oblotzky that make a thread a million times better, lol. Thank you for the laugh!!

@Mito,

I love Mitolet, but would be happy if it included the needed HHKB/Winkeyless keycaps. (R1 1u |\, 1.5 CTRL/ALT, 7u Spacebar, etc.)

I’d honestly prefer (1.1.2.3.4.3) as well.

+1 for CAPS, instead of KAPS.

Just my 2 cents!
« Last Edit: Wed, 07 March 2018, 14:43:31 by Unforgivable »

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #21 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 14:38:37 »
Maybe I just didn't notice it, but it seems none of the kits have the R1 1u |\ key for HHKB style layouts.  Was that R2 one in the exotic kit supposed to be R1?

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #22 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 14:40:09 »
i like the idea of the monokit, but i don't understand why it's a part of this GB and not it's own thing

that's weird

GMK pulse when

Massively agree with caps not kaps. Kinda ruins it a little for me.

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #23 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 14:43:03 »

1) Please add back the missing novelties:

Show Image

+1 Please roll the community keys into novelty and add DT back into the mix.

Woah, that image got edited before I posted. Were the community keys originally in the novelties, and was a DT key produced?
« Last Edit: Wed, 07 March 2018, 14:44:56 by Techno Trousers »

Offline dsaf

« Reply #24 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 14:49:14 »
+1 Please roll the community keys into novelty and add DT back into the mix.

Woah, that image got edited before I posted. Were the community keys originally in the novelties, and was a DT key produced?

Sorry, I was after Home, End, Page Up/Down etc...

Offline Data

« Reply #25 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 14:55:22 »
I can't not buy this again.

Take my money.   :rolleyes:

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #26 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 14:55:45 »
Okay, looks like a DT key was produced. Please include it in the communities set! And +1 for the alternate image keys for insert/delete, home/end, PageUp/PageDown. Maybe they could go into the "arrows" kit if they don't belong in novelties any longer?

Offline cijanzen

« Reply #27 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 14:57:01 »
This looks really good and refreshed enough with some new ideas to definitely warrant a rerun. I'd love to see the Mitolet in sculpted profile! Great job.

Offline RealLaugh

« Reply #28 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 15:02:10 »
hyped for alphas, 40s and spacebars kits

...and also Mitolet!!!! got me drooling!!!

Would be great to maybe see how the Mitolet set works with turquoise modifiers in case one would like to mix. Of course it is <3 on it's own  :D

Offline gutsack

« Reply #29 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 15:17:29 »
What year will this ship? I have a five year-old, will SP produce this in time for him to see it before he goes off to college?

Still, though, interested. Especially in the runics. Agree with others that Mitolet seems like it should be a separate thing.

Offline d0thead

« Reply #30 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 15:34:12 »
Just make it happen already! Black Dieter rams look so good!

Offline hamilton

« Reply #31 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 16:05:00 »
Yes, I've been waiting for this

Offline zslane

« Reply #32 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 16:27:47 »
Is there a row3 1.25u FN key anywhere? I don't see one.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #33 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 16:44:19 »
Sorry but why was this moved? It's going to highly impair the thread's success and by association the hype generated around the set because no one ever reads this sub-forum when compared to IC. Which is what this is, an interest check, regardless of whether or not it's affiliated with Massdrop.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #34 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 17:05:58 »
Sorry but why was this moved? It's going to highly impair the thread's success and by association the hype generated around the set because no one ever reads this sub-forum when compared to IC. Which is what this is, an interest check, regardless of whether or not it's affiliated with Massdrop.

Agreed.  I guess he torpedoed himself when he linked to the MD IC?

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #35 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 17:09:22 »
Maybe I just didn't notice it, but it seems none of the kits have the R1 1u |\ key for HHKB style layouts.  Was that R2 one in the exotic kit supposed to be R1?

I think it was  supposed to be the  one in Exotics, but he marked it r2 instead of r1.

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #36 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 18:01:38 »

+1, this is an IC and should therefor stay in IC forum. Once the GB has launched this thread would be closed and a GB thread can be opened here in the MD forum.

Offline azachhh

« Reply #37 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 18:38:19 »

+1, this is an IC and should therefor stay in IC forum. Once the GB has launched this thread would be closed and a GB thread can be opened here in the MD forum.

+1

Offline BobCarltheThird

« Reply #38 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 19:16:58 »

+1
I'm aware that geekhack isn't a democracy but still, I'mma put my +1 vote in
***loads of Vaseline for my meme TMO50 -- Acereconkeys

Offline Fallakin

« Reply #39 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 19:37:30 »
+1

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #40 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 20:01:10 »
Addressing to some of the input that has been provided, thank you all so much for the feedback! Will adress the other messages soon, too.

Yes!!

<3

I've been waiting. Thank you for bringing back the set that got me into this hobby.

At your service, hope you enjoy the stay in this hobby and it brings you lots of satisfaction and joy. We love keyboards!

HYPE, time to double my PuLSE collection

Thank you very much for the support ⚡️1️⃣1️⃣, I hope the keycaps exceed your expectations and you enjoy the new things!

that's weird

GMK pulse when

Thank you very much for the input Puddsy, really appreciate it. The idea for the monokit was to bring something unique and a bit exclusive to the project, in order to offer the Cockpit setup variation for those who don't like the usual 112343. I don't exactly see why we would need all kits done with that, I'm under the impression that everything I envisioned for it is already covered - will add a couple 1.5u's and of course the 7u SPC. This way we will cover a lot of people without having a solo buy, a huge kit or expensive kits broken down. It' just an extra flavor, to offer a cool new product.

As for KAPS, I thought it would be funny to have a stylish keycap like that. KAPS as a reference for KeycAPS because let's be honest - who really needs a proper CAPS LOCK anyway? Double word modifier, rarely used keycap... Let's add some style there, make something unique! As for Pulse GMK, things are shaping nicely for that, I think we gonna have a very dope version on the profile, once it's all ready and figured out the way I like it to be. We are concluding the Laser stuff, too.

I love Mitolet. So much purple coming out lately!

💜 ~> this is a purple heart emoji, I swear.

Already have plenty of PuLSE, myself, but...nice!

I might need those minibars or a 40% kit

Thank you very much for the interest JD, you know it.

So excited to add more to my PuLSE collection! This is the set that hooked me. <3

I love the artwork you've got man, Krytone such a beast. At your service, immense honor that you enjoy the project, can't even put it into words. Hope you enjoy the hobby as much as possible and keep being happy and positive!

Show Image

At your service Koob! You've got the Koob Keeb suited up! Hope you like the renders on the page, anything you need or a specific config just let me know!

Offline get_weird

« Reply #41 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 21:40:53 »
Any chance for nav cluster novelties like the first set?

Offline ruhe

« Reply #42 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 22:16:56 »
I know it might be going out on a limb... but is there a possibility the ErgoDox/ErgoPro kit could be done with icon mods instead of text mods?

I know Ergo caps with legends are difficult because everyone has their keys mapped differently, but I feel like the icons are artistic and abstract enough that it wouldn't matter how the keys were technically labeled because the presentation would be so good.

That aside, it's a great set and I'm in!

Offline Fallakin

« Reply #43 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 22:18:41 »
Probably also going out on a limb....

Any chance for a 6.5u Spacebar for those of us using corsair keyboards?  :-[

Offline Hokabuki

« Reply #44 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 22:24:38 »

Poor Corsair users never have a chance. Would the stabs even allow for it?

Offline Jedi

« Reply #45 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 23:06:03 »
I would really like to ask if Mitolets be in the same SA fully sculpted keyset.  It's difficult to do flat perfectly with greater than a 60% which is why I keep godspeed all blue. I do have the cockpit kit too but sculpted just fits custom boards so much more nicely and is easier to get compatibility with the Extras kits. I get the desire to offer an alternate for ortho and ergodox users but the loss is felt harder on all the other keyboards and keyboard customs that would go with the colorway. I am really loving that designers have shifted toward keeping a "common" fully sculpted keyset (seen that positive change take place over the last two years) and that really makes it more possible to be more creative with mixing sets as opposed to only having one style possible because two designers used different SA profiles. Sets are expensive as it is not to mention the time to production so it would be nice to consider this if the community supports it.

If anyone else agrees, please speak up in the IC.

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #46 on: Wed, 07 March 2018, 23:16:34 »

Signature Plastics does not have a mold for this Spacebar size.

Offline euphxenos

« Reply #47 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 00:11:15 »
In the Text Hobbyist kit, I suspect the 1U R4 PgUp was supposed to be a PgDn.

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #48 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 04:56:57 »
Love the Mitolet set. Would be wonderful if it could have homing T and N for Colemak, although I understand there's probably a whole bunch of other keys people would want added for compat before you start servicing the tiny subset of Colemak users... but I had to ask anyway.

yes! Please this!

Offline foxlive

• The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
« Reply #49 on: Thu, 08 March 2018, 04:59:42 »
I would really like to ask if Mitolets be in the same SA fully sculpted keyset.  It's difficult to do flat perfectly with greater than a 60% which is why I keep godspeed all blue. I do have the cockpit kit too but sculpted just fits custom boards so much more nicely and is easier to get compatibility with the Extras kits. I get the desire to offer an alternate for ortho and ergodox users but the loss is felt harder on all the other keyboards and keyboard customs that would go with the colorway. I am really loving that designers have shifted toward keeping a "common" fully sculpted keyset (seen that positive change take place over the last two years) and that really makes it more possible to be more creative with mixing sets as opposed to only having one style possible because two designers used different SA profiles. Sets are expensive as it is not to mention the time to production so it would be nice to consider this if the community supports it.

If anyone else agrees, please speak up in the IC.

Agreed on this, I would really like the Mitolets in same SA fully sculpted profile :D