Author Topic: [SHIPPED] Nexus Alps slider, Nexus Top Housing  (Read 161312 times)

Offline tanvir175

Update:

We are now at 13,455 sliders and an amazing 10,100 top housings. We are officially at $0.80 per top housing, next price drop is another 2k away, if we manage to hit that I don't know what to say...I amazed how quickly this has grown in the last couple days, we have nearly doubled orders.

Congrats!

Offline Woovie

Just bought in because I just got an fk-2001, thanks for this GB!  :thumb:

Offline stoic-lemon

I've Tweeted it a couple of times, including today. My vast army of followers (or the handful that are interested in keyboards) will surely cause a late flurry of orders. :)

Offline notflipperdan420

• dalla dalla
sounds like a cool project  :thumb:
356L *2 | 356CL Gunmetal *3 | 356CL Black | 356.2 | 356CL DGE SE | 356mini v1 Military | 356mini v1 Black *2 | 356mini v1 Red *2 | 356mini v2 Red | 356N MK2 Silver *2 | 356N MK2 Red | 456GT Pink *3 | 356 Pad *2 | Brass Koala | Koala WK Black | FE Whale WKL | Whale v1 WKL Gunmetal | HHKB Type-S |  G80-5000HAMUS | G80-1838HPU NIB | G81-3000SAT NIB

Current Rotation: HeoK Dolch, HHKB Type-S, 456GT Pink

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
How well do these work with Blue Alps? Would love to be able to use them with modern keycaps but I'm afraid that it would ruin what makes the switches so nice.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline tanvir175

How well do these work with Blue Alps? Would love to be able to use them with modern keycaps but I'm afraid that it would ruin what makes the switches so nice.

I believe the goal was as little to no change to the key feel and sound of each switch and that goal was achieved from what I've been following.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• I design keyboards and stuff.
    • Viktus

They should barely affect the sound of blue alps, the little bump on them is there to prevent damage to the click leafs, and shortens travel of the leaf by about 0.2mm. Bottom out should sound the same as the geometry is basically identical, and the material is the same.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
Well I suppose here goes nothing. In for two sets.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline d.caminero

I am really excited to get these sliders.I've been waiting years for something like this. I hope this gets more attention to alps and we start seeing interesting things for them
Just wanted to share  :thumb: :thumb:

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
What I really want is for there to be more Alps-mount keycaps being made. They are obviously quite popular but other than the limited sets that Tai Hao has run, there's only been 2-3 group buys that I can think of for Alps keys.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
Reminder: 8 hours left to enter the GB, this will not be extended again, I only did that because the price drop happened so close to the deadline. Make sure to have the orders in as I will shut the form down at midnight central time.

Currently at 14705 sliders and 10705 top housings, lets try and hit 15k and 11k!!

Offline Anakey

I wonder how many are just going to wait until these are run again at a much lower pricing due to not having to cover the cost of the molds

Offline tanvir175

I wonder how many are just going to wait until these are run again at a much lower pricing due to not having to cover the cost of the molds

If they're run again.

To be honest, I'm spending more than I want to just to help reach MOQ and better price breaks for the housings. I wouldn't regret the purchase if this is run again in the future for much less, though.
Someone (read: everyone who joined) has to help fund the initial tooling.

Offline stoic-lemon

That's pretty much how I feel.

Offline midnight2903

Hopefully I wont regret not getting more  :-X

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
Hopefully I wont regret not getting more  :-X

....Do it...Dar-ling.

I kid. If you are debating about getting more, there may, no guarantees, be more rounds. Just have to wait a while before that can even be talked about without a big disclaimer.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
Reminder: You have just over 2 hours left to order, please make sure to have it in by then, there will be no extension past midnight. Form will close at midnight.

Thank you all for your orders!!

Offline tanvir175

Reminder: You have just over 2 hours left to order, please make sure to have it in by then, there will be no extension past midnight. Form will close at midnight.

Thank you all for your orders!!

900 more for the next price drop. Let's do it people!

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
REMINDER: Less than 7 minutes left to place your order!!!

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
GB has concluded, Thank you all for your orders!!!

We finished at an amazing 15,515 sliders, 11310 housings, and 181 stab insert sets!!!

I am amazed at how much this blew past my expectations, when I started this project I was going to be happy to get just 2k on order, as I didn't expect it to be popular. I am so happy I was wrong, and I made a product that was able to bring in so many people.

Tomorrow I will start to send out invoices and I hope to have them all out by the end of Thursday, which will be a tough time as I have 120 to send out... I will set the payment deadline to 4/5 to give everyone at least a week to pay. If you have any last questions or when you receive you invoice and there is an issue, Please let me know ASAP so I can correct it.

Also I have been working on making the stab inserts better as I have gained more Alps board recently and noticed that each spacebar size (6.25U, 6.5U and 7U) each have a different offset from cherry caps of the same unit size. This means I will be including 3 different sets of inserts for each size of spacebar, so you will actually receive 20 inserts instead of the original 16. So in total there are 4 different offsets, which has been a pain to make sure would work as expected. Final price will be $8 because of this change as it costs a bit more to make the extra types.

I think that is everything that needs to be said, If you have any questions please feel free to ask them!!

Offline tanvir175

GB has concluded, Thank you all for your orders!!!

We finished at an amazing 15,515 sliders, 11310 housings, and 181 stab insert sets!!!

I am amazed at how much this blew past my expectations, when I started this project I was going to be happy to get just 2k on order, as I didn't expect it to be popular. I am so happy I was wrong, and I made a product that was able to bring in so many people.

Tomorrow I will start to send out invoices and I hope to have them all out by the end of Thursday, which will be a tough time as I have 120 to send out... I will set the payment deadline to 4/5 to give everyone at least a week to pay. If you have any last questions or when you receive you invoice and there is an issue, Please let me know ASAP so I can correct it.

Also I have been working on making the stab inserts better as I have gained more Alps board recently and noticed that each spacebar size (6.25U, 6.5U and 7U) each have a different offset from cherry caps of the same unit size. This means I will be including 3 different sets of inserts for each size of spacebar, so you will actually receive 20 inserts instead of the original 16. So in total there are 4 different offsets, which has been a pain to make sure would work as expected. Final price will be $8 because of this change as it costs a bit more to make the extra types.

I think that is everything that needs to be said, If you have any questions please feel free to ask them!!

Congrats on the successful GB! Happy to have been a part of it :)

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus

Thank you!!! I really appreciate how active you have been and it has helped tremendously, sucks we couldn't make the next price drop to help save you that extra bit of money though. :P

Offline tanvir175

Thank you!!! I really appreciate how active you have been and it has helped tremendously, sucks we couldn't make the next price drop to help save you that extra bit of money though. :P

It was my pleasure :)

All's good. I've delved too deep into this hobby and have only myself to blame for going further into the rabbit hole. My wallet may suffer but, at least, my fingers, ears, and eyes thank me.

Offline stoic-lemon

Re: [GB] Nexus Alps slider, Nexus Top Housing [ORDERS CLOSED]
« Reply #173 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 01:13:50 »
Thanks for all the work so far. Glad it has gone well so far.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
Re: [INVOICING] Nexus Alps slider, Nexus Top Housing
« Reply #174 on: Wed, 28 March 2018, 19:00:23 »
Update:
I got the first half of the invoices sent out today, took a nice 8 hours to do...

Please check you invoice as there are quite a few people whose addresses didn't save properly, so it makes it harder for me to know what shipping is, as I sometimes can't even tell what country they are in.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #175 on: Thu, 29 March 2018, 19:50:45 »
Paid.  Interested to see how these work out.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #176 on: Thu, 29 March 2018, 21:20:33 »

Thank you!! I am as well, can't wait to have the final product in my hand after so many hours spent designing and testing.

Update:
All but 2 invoices have been sent out, if you haven't received one please check you messages as I don't have an address for you, so I can't figure shipping out.

Of those sent out only 68 remain unpaid, so just over half have been paid so far, some within minutes, which was awesome. Just remember you have until midnight 4/5 to pay.

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #177 on: Thu, 29 March 2018, 21:33:04 »

Thank you!! I am as well, can't wait to have the final product in my hand after so many hours spent designing and testing.

Update:
All but 2 invoices have been sent out, if you haven't received one please check you messages as I don't have an address for you, so I can't figure shipping out.

Of those sent out only 68 remain unpaid, so just over half have been paid so far, some within minutes, which was awesome. Just remember you have until midnight 4/5 to pay.

Paid! Very excited for these. Thanks for the note ;)

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #178 on: Thu, 29 March 2018, 21:42:04 »
Paid! Very excited for these. Thanks for the note ;)

Thank you!! And you are welcome!!

Offline stoic-lemon

Re: [PAYMENTS DUE 4/5] Nexus Alps slider, Nexus Top Housing
« Reply #179 on: Thu, 29 March 2018, 22:18:09 »
Paid. Address was correct. Cheers!

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #180 on: Thu, 29 March 2018, 22:24:24 »
Paid. Address was correct. Cheers!

Thank you!! That is good that the address was correct, had to learn how to format so many countries addresses, and wasn't sure with some of them.

Offline oluigenuma

« Reply #181 on: Fri, 30 March 2018, 03:49:36 »
Paid. Where are you shipping from?

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #182 on: Fri, 30 March 2018, 09:16:16 »

His mind. Didn't you read his profile location?

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #183 on: Fri, 30 March 2018, 10:24:00 »

I am shipping from Houston, Tx.

His mind. Didn't you read his profile location?

lol, thank you for this.

Offline monotux

• personal blog
« Reply #184 on: Sat, 31 March 2018, 03:23:13 »
I should have participated in this group buy, but managed to miss it somehow. Is there any hope of some leftovers that I can buy from someone? Pretty please. :)

Offline macclack

• Macclack
« Reply #185 on: Sun, 01 April 2018, 00:32:42 »
Paid. Thank you!

Offline Captainbuttmonkey

« Reply #186 on: Mon, 02 April 2018, 16:59:57 »
Sorry but I just wanted to check, is $23 shipping to the UK for 70 sliders correct?!

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #187 on: Mon, 02 April 2018, 17:19:52 »
Sorry but I just wanted to check, is $23 shipping to the UK for 70 sliders correct?!

Yes, That is correct. Shipping is done be weight but 1lb is the minimum weight for pricing. So almost all orders fall under the 1lb minimum, which is about 1300 sliders.

But that is way lower than every other shipping method I was able to find, most wanted 2 to 4 times that. And the shipping is 1-3 days, which is faster than the others as well.

« Reply #188 on: Mon, 02 April 2018, 17:31:37 »

Yes, That is correct. Shipping is done be weight but 1lb is the minimum weight for pricing. So almost all orders fall under the 1lb minimum, which is about 1300 sliders.

But that is way lower than every other shipping method I was able to find, most wanted 2 to 4 times that. And the shipping is 1-3 days, which is faster than the others as well.

I gotcha, no worries. I'm pretty sure I've found a cheaper method up for anything up to 8oz, just I've definitely paid less than 23 for similar stuff before. Have a look and let me know what you think =]...

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #189 on: Mon, 02 April 2018, 17:37:37 »

I gotcha, no worries. I'm pretty sure I've found a cheaper method up for anything up to 8oz, just I've definitely paid less than 23 for similar stuff before. Have a look and let me know what you think =]...

Show Image

USPS actually dropped First class international for non-documents earlier this year, so they basically removed the cheapest option out there.
If this was 2017, I would have been able to ship cheaper but times have changed for the worse in regards to international shipping.

« Reply #190 on: Mon, 02 April 2018, 17:42:12 »

Show Image

USPS actually dropped First class international for non-documents earlier this year, so they basically removed the cheapest option out there.
If this was 2017, I would have been able to ship cheaper but times have changed for the worse in regards to international shipping.

Yes but isn't that for first class mail international? The one I'm on about is first class package international?

EDIT: (Sorry I'm not trying to be argumentative, I'm just pretty sure I'm right =S)
« Last Edit: Mon, 02 April 2018, 17:49:19 by Captainbuttmonkey »

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #191 on: Mon, 02 April 2018, 18:03:51 »
Yes but isn't that for first class mail international? The one I'm on about is first class package international?
Hmm never knew USPS had both first class mail and first class package, irritating that they differ in name so little. It would change how I ship everyone packages though, even the ones in the US, as I am buying packaging in bulk, I have to use the same stuff for everyone otherwise it gets much more expensive.

EDIT: (Sorry I'm not trying to be argumentative, I'm just pretty sure I'm right =S)
:rolleyes: Uhuh, SUURE you aren't being argumentative. You are not allowed to be right damnit!!! ;D

Plus I am technically right that USPS even wanted more though, next option is ~$35, never saw the option for the first class package service though, so truce?. And shipping time is anywhere from 7-21 days, so much slower.

« Reply #192 on: Mon, 02 April 2018, 18:11:28 »
Hmm never knew USPS had both first class mail and first class package, irritating that they differ in name so little. It would change how I ship everyone packages though, even the ones in the US, as I am buying packaging in bulk, I have to use the same stuff for everyone otherwise it gets much more expensive.

:rolleyes: Uhuh, SUURE you aren't being argumentative. You are not allowed to be right damnit!!! ;D

Plus I am technically right that USPS even wanted more though, next option is ~$35, never saw the option for the first class package service though, so truce?. And shipping time is anywhere from 7-21 days, so much slower.

Haha no worries, yeh I agree it's not very clear =S. Ah ok, having the same for everyone makes sense. Only $10 more so hardly life and death, I'll pay my invoice now  :thumb:

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #193 on: Mon, 02 April 2018, 18:18:42 »

Haha no worries, yeh I agree it's not very clear =S. Ah ok, having the same for everyone makes sense. Only $10 more so hardly life and death, I'll pay my invoice now  :thumb:

Yeah and I don't feel comfortable with shipping that slow, something always seems to go wrong with those services.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #194 on: Tue, 03 April 2018, 15:59:06 »
Update:

Payment in Due on 4/5, if you haven't paid please do so soon. About 1/3 still haven't paid, so please make sure to have your invoice paid soon.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #195 on: Thu, 05 April 2018, 13:10:26 »
Update:

17 people still need to pay their invoices, if you are one of them, please make sure to pay it by midnight.

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #196 on: Thu, 05 April 2018, 14:44:28 »
Update:

17 people still need to pay their invoices, if you are one of them, please make sure to pay it by midnight.

I think PayPal might have a remind feature to send them another email about the invoice.

C'mon people, don't bail on paying after having joined the GB.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #197 on: Thu, 05 April 2018, 15:12:29 »
Update:

I think PayPal might have a remind feature to send them another email about the invoice.

I have been using that feature, if these people don't pay, then quantity drops quite a bit...and that is bad news. Some people just straight up ignored emails about messed up addresses so...Order count has dropped quite a bit from the end of orders to now. Will have to update tomorrow to see where we stand.

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #198 on: Thu, 05 April 2018, 15:32:26 »
Update:

I have been using that feature, if these people don't pay, then quantity drops quite a bit...and that is bad news. Some people just straight up ignored emails about messed up addresses so...Order count has dropped quite a bit from the end of orders to now. Will have to update tomorrow to see where we stand.

Ah, that sucks, I hope they pay it off today. Never understood why people join then bail. At least say you can no longer join through a PM while it's open.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #199 on: Thu, 05 April 2018, 15:51:53 »
Ah, that sucks, I hope they pay it off today. Never understood why people join then bail. At least say you can no longer join through a PM while it's open.

...and if all don't pay, I will actually have to open orders again to make up the lost quantity as I will lose enough to drop below the last price drop quantity or even further.

So tomorrow will be a fun day...