Author Topic: The Vape Thread!  (Read 458864 times)

Offline GenKaan

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Mer caps, mindre käbbel
Re: The Vape Thread!
« Reply #1250 on: Wed, 08 June 2016, 07:44:42 »
So Iva had the Griffin 25 for a while now running dual clapton coils and I cant seem to get it just right. Amazing flavor and clouds but it always leaking. Its a spray like leak coming out of the air hole, very fine so it takes about two full tanks to really notice it
Ive tried a lot and very little cotton, have it sit on the top of the ring and just slightly under it. I tried packing it hard and keeping as lose as possible with out getting juice to flow through it. Any suggestions?

Vaping high VG juices (70-80%), 0.25ohm at around 30-40w in a 200w Subbox
|| @Home:: Shine 3 TKL (Mx Red / Deep Space)  || @Work:: G2Pro (Mx Clear / Dye Sub PBT) ||
@Reserve:: HHKB (Topre 45g / Mixed PBT) // Das v3 (Mx Brown / Blank PBT)

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #1251 on: Wed, 08 June 2016, 08:12:01 »
Been on the mech mod band wagon for a bit now, it is different from my DNA200

AVBatch 1 Copper  TimeKeeper with 24mm cooper Kennedy and HMM wide bore.
(and a ton of scorpion pepper seeds :D )

"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #1252 on: Wed, 08 June 2016, 09:01:01 »
https://www.instagram.com/p/BGXk33wG6Rx/

Kennedy is finally going to unveil his new RDA this Friday it will have different sizes but the one he's been posting is a 25mm. I was hoping he would concentrate on a flavor oriented Atty instead of increasing the size but through pms he has stated that one is on the way. Its a new deck and he stated it is not a velocity. I hope its not a simple 2 post but a newly designed clamp style deck. I love the Goon and have 2 of them so fingers are crossed !

In other news I have been using the new Mage RTA which is amazing the Kayfun v5 also amazing the Ijoy limitless rdta , the Goon,the Hobo Drifter and last but not least the Petri v2 with cloud cap. There is a **** ton of really great RTAs that have come out recently and if anyone's looking I will list some more that you can't go wrong with

Billow v3 and v3 plus

Ijoy limitless rdta (its freaking amazing and is one of the nest vapes I have ever had)

Ijoy tornado

Sigelei Moonshot and moonshot 24

Wotofo Serpent mini (single coil but super flavorful)

Avocado 24 (it truly is a great little flavor machine unfortunately the ijoy limitless rdta does everything the avocado does but much better)

Aromamizer supreme 7ml & 4ml (flavor and clouds Brah both are great however I prefer the smaller one because of the reduced size)

Augvape Boreas which is a lot like the supreme super flavorful cloudy Vape

Also affordable awesome authentic rda's under $50

Tsunami 22&24mm I really want to like these rdas they are good for the price but with the builds I use they get so freaking hot and with the 22mm there is not much room for wicking material. However they are pretty damn good for the price and deserve to be on this list.

Wotofo troll v2 I was very very surprised on how well this vapes. Side AFC deep juice well, velocity deck and clouds bro clouds the big suprise was the flavor which was pretty amazing for what at first seemed to be a cloud chucker. Drfinetely kick ass

Cigreen Gear RDA its a Huge (25mm) well built rda with velocity deck and some really unique airflow. Its basically leak proof unless you turn it upside down and has great vapor production and flavor.

Aeolus lite
Amazing top airflow 22mm flavor Atty. 4post deck so its not the Easiest to build but much better then a 3 post and for the price has some of the Best flavor I have tasted out of an RDA

Goon RDA this is a 24mm RDA and I'm only including this because on vapenw.com you can pick up the SS version for $50. Normally the price is $60-$70 but it has a unique clamping deck that will take any build you throw at it and ask for more. Side AFC very cloudy and suprisngly tasty for a larger RDA

Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #1253 on: Wed, 08 June 2016, 21:24:23 »
Jeez Sed8! Lots of info there, so thank you  :thumb:

Offline YoungMichael88

• HHKB Wannabe
  • * Elevated Elder
  • After all, music soothes even the savage beast
« Reply #1254 on: Thu, 19 January 2017, 22:17:04 »
Accidental matching

Too Soon™          LZ-GH       Full Metal Poker

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #1255 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 23:12:35 »
It's been quiet lately here, what's everyone using now?

I'm hooked on RDTAs like the griffin and limitless xl

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #1256 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 23:51:18 »

It has been rather dead here lately. I'm still rocking my Lush RDA on my custom build. It's been like forever since I've rebuilt one of my mech's or did a clapton build at this point... I should get one that!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #1257 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 12:49:03 »
I'm hooked on MTL vapes old school kayfun lite plus v2 kayfunmini v3, merlin mini with airflow restrictor, rose v3, Hussar with single coil deck

for RDAs I have been using Narda RDA squonker, Hadaly RDA squonker, o atty RDA squonker, apocalypse RDA  and the new Csmnt RDA is amazing

for RDTAs limitless classic and hobo driftank

regular RTAs serpent alto ,aromamizer plus 30mm Dotmod Petri RTA, obs engine nano,ijoy EXO RTA,geekvape ammit

for GTAs I have been using the new troll GTA and the mage GTA
« Last Edit: Wed, 01 February 2017, 05:04:35 by Sed8op8 »
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline happylacquer

• BS Apologist
    • BHOBuds
« Reply #1258 on: Wed, 01 February 2017, 04:37:54 »
Any recommendations for a better TC mod than RX200? I don't need all that power either, I limit the output to 28-30w.

Offline Skull_Angel

« Reply #1259 on: Fri, 24 February 2017, 00:27:03 »
Been a while since I've been here!

Any recommendations for a better TC mod than RX200? I don't need all that power either, I limit the output to 28-30w.

Not sure what you're willing to pay, but I've been using a Yihi SX mini ML class since they released and have to say I'm very happy with it; it's simple yet quite customizable. I have been considering getting the dual-battery Q class for multi-coil builds, but I really only run with a Wotofo Serpent mini atm; on the tighter side of direct lung and can do mtl decently, good flavor, decent vapor. With this setup I normally run 3.5mm 0.5ohm ss316l coils using rayon wick, really tastes clean and takes a good while to gunk up with 70%vg (I only vape ~6+ml/day, though).

Edit; Oops! My recommendation would be for the Yihi SX mini Q class. Awesome size and features, but it's pricy.
« Last Edit: Fri, 24 February 2017, 00:31:05 by Skull_Angel »

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #1260 on: Fri, 24 February 2017, 11:39:30 »

Check out the smaller RX, either the mini or the 75.  Or go with a dna75 device

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #1261 on: Thu, 02 March 2017, 13:05:17 »

Still using my Evic VT with black Crown tank.  Though I am considering picking up a Big Baby Beast tank from smok and possibly an Alien 220. Any other dual battery mods you guys could recommend?  I don't plan on using a than 45 Watts of so using the X4 coils.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #1262 on: Thu, 02 March 2017, 13:54:25 »
Been vaping this stuff: https://www.adirondackvapor.com/products/sagamore

is very najs

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #1263 on: Thu, 02 March 2017, 13:58:52 »

Still using my Evic VT with black Crown tank.  Though I am considering picking up a Big Baby Beast tank from smok and possibly an Alien 220. Any other dual battery mods you guys could recommend?  I don't plan on using a than 45 Watts of so using the X4 coils.

I wouldn't get the baby beast, honestly.  I didn't like the flavor as much as the crown, crown 2 or herakles plus.  The alien is ok, I just don't like the UI, I'd recommend ipv-8, rxmini, snowwolf mini, wait for the wismec predator 228 or a dna75 device (if you want to spend some money).

Offline Chronnoisseur

« Reply #1264 on: Thu, 09 March 2017, 23:11:46 »
One of my old setups.  Vapoflask

Offline skybbc

« Reply #1265 on: Fri, 24 March 2017, 03:56:11 »

JUST got my newest vape pen smok stick v8 rain bow color
« Last Edit: Thu, 30 August 2018, 21:30:50 by skybbc »

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #1266 on: Sat, 25 March 2017, 09:40:06 »
My current obsession -

« Reply #1267 on: Sun, 26 March 2017, 13:50:26 »
My current mod and tank, Wismec 200S with SMOK Baby Beast TFV8 .15ohm coil. The thing burns through juice like crazy but its worth refilling it every 10 minutes. [ Specified attachment is not available ]
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 March 2017, 13:53:24 by thevapester31337 »

Offline m3ll3n

« Reply #1268 on: Mon, 27 March 2017, 18:44:44 »
lovin my serpent mini rta  :thumb:

Offline Skull_Angel

« Reply #1269 on: Tue, 04 April 2017, 02:53:16 »
While I'm loving the Serpent Mini, I've been thinking of picking up what's now being called a GTA style tank (genesis style; wick extending into the tank) a-la "Figi GTA" by Digiflavor.

Anyone have feedback on these new tanks? I hear they wick juice like nothing.
I'm looking for a single coil setup (direct lung), under 25mm preferable since the platform on the SX mini seems to be 24mm (22 at bezel), something on the shorter size as well for a pocket buddy, haha.

Offline william760

• High Class Vape Co
« Reply #1270 on: Tue, 06 June 2017, 17:34:00 »

Offline totoloco

« Reply #1271 on: Thu, 08 June 2017, 17:59:52 »
Been vaping on this http://highclassvapeco.com/vapor-liquid/brands/bombshell-by-high-class/bombshell-60ml-marilyn.html my new ADV.

Show Image

Dang that sounds good. I can't get enough of Gummy Glu right now. I add a bit of menthol to spice it up and I seriously could live off that.

Offline Mike Crispin

« Reply #1272 on: Mon, 12 June 2017, 03:27:55 »
All of my friends, who vape in a company of smokers (both of my brothers included), in the end help themselves to a cigarette, because "these pipes aren't quite the same". So my guess is that vaping is only for non-smoking crowds. Or for those with mighty self-control  :))
Non-smoker myself, just an observation.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #1273 on: Mon, 12 June 2017, 05:35:57 »
All of my friends, who vape in a company of smokers (both of my brothers included), in the end help themselves to a cigarette, because "these pipes aren't quite the same". So my guess is that vaping is only for non-smoking crowds. Or for those with mighty self-control  :))

I haven't had a cigarette in over 5 years.
For me vaping did make it easier to quit.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #1274 on: Mon, 12 June 2017, 06:55:11 »

I switched from cigs to vape a few years ago. When I first started I still smoked, but a lot less. And after a few months, 100% vape.

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #1275 on: Mon, 12 June 2017, 11:00:26 »

October will be 4 years without a cigarette for me - vaping definitely made it easy to never go back.
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline totoloco

« Reply #1276 on: Fri, 16 June 2017, 17:33:20 »

What kind of MOD/tanks are they using? I can understand if smokers are put off by straight to lung cloud chasing tanks, but I think if they tried something like the Nautilus that would give them a similar sensation to smoking and would help ween them off.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #1277 on: Sat, 17 June 2017, 02:10:35 »

October will be 4 years without a cigarette for me - vaping definitely made it easy to never go back.

July will be my 4 years. I haven't vaped in nearly three years though. Smoktech The Natural kicked with basic bottom coil tanks. Fun times

Offline totoloco

« Reply #1278 on: Fri, 14 July 2017, 18:27:58 »
I started with the Nautilus from Aspire to initially get me off cigs. After a while, I needed a little more oomph, so I moved on to the Cleito and finally found perfection with the Beast line of tanks from Smok. I picked up a Smok TFV8 Cloud Beast and TFV8 Baby Beast and haven't looked back since. These guys have them for an insanely low price. Highly recommended!

Offline mdaissafe

« Reply #1279 on: Tue, 10 October 2017, 14:16:32 »
Does anyone know of any reputable USA eliquid companies that sell to consumers at wholesale pricing? I have been trying to get eLiquid at wholesale pricing so I can travel to Turkey with it in my suitcase and flip it to the vape shops over there. A Turkish buddy of mine has been taking a couple gallons of e-juice with him in his carry on when he flies into Istanbul and he sells it for 2x what he bought it for. I have found a few bulk ejuice comapnies like onehitwondereliquid.com but I am not sure if they will sell in bulk to me if I do not have a sellers permit/business license. I put in an inquiry a few hours ago on their wholesale website wholesale.onehitwondereliquid.com but would like to hit up a handful of other companies as well. Does anyone have any experience doing this or have any other brands to recommend?

Offline Shapey Fiend

« Reply #1280 on: Fri, 08 December 2017, 04:58:48 »
Hey guys I'm using a Smok TFV8 X-Baby Baby Beast Brother and an Alien mod. Love the tank. The paint is all peeling off the mod and it looks kind of ugly now though.

What's a half way decent sub-ohm mod that is hard wearing enough to sit in a pocket with keys and not get scuffed to bits in a couple of months? I don't typically vape at over 60W or so, so it doesn't need to be 200W or whatever.
« Last Edit: Fri, 08 December 2017, 05:00:59 by Shapey Fiend »

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #1281 on: Sun, 10 December 2017, 01:01:55 »
Hey guys I'm using a Smok TFV8 X-Baby Baby Beast Brother and an Alien mod. Love the tank. The paint is all peeling off the mod and it looks kind of ugly now though.

What's a half way decent sub-ohm mod that is hard wearing enough to sit in a pocket with keys and not get scuffed to bits in a couple of months? I don't typically vape at over 60W or so, so it doesn't need to be 200W or whatever.
Dude my Smok Alien was kind of a POS IMO - put it in a silicon case and the paint sill peeled and looked ****ty af within a month. Dropped it once and the top screws sheared all the (plastic) threads holding things together - straight into the trash.

Got the Geek Vape Aegis and I love it, it's clumsy proof for idiots like me, and I can pretty much get through a full day on one 26650.
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline Skull_Angel

« Reply #1282 on: Tue, 26 December 2017, 03:47:27 »

No paint issues with the YiHi mods I've gotten, but they're pricey. The ML mini's been dropped on the concrete a few times and it's gotten chewed up, but the paint hasn't peeled and it hasn't worn from living in my pocket. On the Q mini there is a little wear on the bottom from rubbing on the desktop, but no sign of peeling. It's hard to tell if they're anodized or powder coated, but the paint stands up to ordinary wear easily.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #1283 on: Mon, 15 January 2018, 18:02:33 »
So, you guys vape! I love that word: vape. It's very much like keeb. I assume many of you guys vape and keeb at the same time, which is even better.

Speaking of which, did you know you can use plain book matches to make people's keyboards emit smoke when they start typing on them?:

How To Make a Smoker Keyboard for Make Joke

Of course this would destroy some domes and ruin the keeb.  Who knows—the keeb may actually burst into flames. Dunno, I've never tried it.

Alternatively, maybe you could connect a small, inconspicuous tube to the keeb and, when the person started typing, you could vape through it.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline typo

« Reply #1284 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 03:36:36 »
I have been vaping since the beginning like the clearos with the wicks. I have many Mods, RDA,RBA etc. This will blow your mind. I have advanced Parkinson's and a top DR. in the world told me to use a nic patch or vape high nic! It may be why it has not actually "advanced". I am not even close to crippled 8 years later but I am shaky. Why I often miss the Caps key.

So here is why I am bummed today. Yesterday came the Vicious Ant SX550J. It was $700. I have other Stabwood Mods too. It has 3 tiny hairline cracks. So they said that is normal and they will not replace it! I have read it often happens in like 5 years but brand new? The heck with them for this. I mean tbh it is barely noticeable but for $700 I expected perfection. They said natural wood subjected to a chemical process is rarely perfect. That's their answer and will not replace it.

So the motto is, do you really want that high end Stabwood mod? To be fair overall it is much nicer than like a Therion. Well, it is much nicer than my other Stabwoods but it is still stinking cracked!

Am I being too Anal or do I deserve perfection for my $700? I don't mind whichever you say.

Oh, do not Vape and Keeb together. Seriously. Spill into that $1,000 Korean custom blows.   

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #1285 on: Thu, 25 January 2018, 11:25:27 »
I have been vaping since the beginning like the clearos with the wicks. I have many Mods, RDA,RBA etc. This will blow your mind. I have advanced Parkinson's and a top DR. in the world told me to use a nic patch or vape high nic! It may be why it has not actually "advanced". I am not even close to crippled 8 years later but I am shaky.

Hrrmm..  Recent revelations pertaining to diet and neuological health points at fatty congestion in the brain leading to wide spread micro-strokes.

Parkinson / Alzheimer,  neither of these diseases have an absolute objective test, like a blood test or brain scan.

They're almost idiopathic.. if you forget stuff, you got it, if you tremble, you got it.. But what if you're just cold, and you don't sleep, do you have it ??

The point is,  we're FINALLY understanding the cause and the RISE of Alzheimer/Parkinson cases,  and the Majority of people with the diagnosis don't actually have it.

It has become apparent, that many sufferers with symptoms of the above disease is actually suffering from arteriosclerosis of the micro-vasculature of the brain.

It happens very often to americans and first world nations,  because we have a diet very high in fats.

Here we typically eat 50 to 100grams a day.

This is enough to cause problems,  the current TESTED maximum, whereby it has reversed heart disease is  22grams of fats maximum per day.

This was done for heart-disease, where the arteriosclerosis in the coronary artery was reversed..  The testing did not evaluate brain health.

However, Fats clogging the brain-vasculature is a verified phenomenon in nearly ALL heart disease patients.. if it can clog the Large pipes in ones body, it Much more easily clogs the Small ones.

Vaping, is chemical stimulation, and i would say sure, that helps similar to Magnetic resonance stimulation.  It gets the current set of working neurons an extra voltage boost essentially.

But it is NOT a solution. because it does not treat the cause..

The only thing that might save you,  is to eat 100% plant-based.. and minimize fat consumption to 22grams per day.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #1286 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 11:46:53 »
Don't want nicotine? Then buy liquid without nicotine, or mix your own. My older bro and I quit the combustion stuff with the use of ecigs. Vaping sure beats the darn heck out of a baconless diet.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1287 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 14:32:41 »
Hey friends, I've just started vaping about two weeks ago as i started properly smoking again so I had to stop myself somehow.

I bought myself a Smok T-Priv starter kit from a site in the UK and so far I'm loving it. My only problem I had is my first coil that was included with my kit started to leak, and a friend at work who just bought the same kit had the same problem. I tightened it all up and yet it still leaked, while my spare that was also included didn't. Bit weird.

Anyway, I'm using it at about 40W at the moment even though the coils are meant to be used at between 55 and 65W, so I'm not sure what affect that will have on the coils in the long term. I've been using the same one for two weeks and it's lasted like 4000 puffs or something so I guess it's okay?

I'm finally accepting my fate that i'm a vaper ;)
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline Corgi Butts

« Reply #1288 on: Fri, 26 January 2018, 14:47:30 »
Hey friends, I've just started vaping about two weeks ago as i started properly smoking again so I had to stop myself somehow.

I bought myself a Smok T-Priv starter kit from a site in the UK and so far I'm loving it. My only problem I had is my first coil that was included with my kit started to leak, and a friend at work who just bought the same kit had the same problem. I tightened it all up and yet it still leaked, while my spare that was also included didn't. Bit weird.

Anyway, I'm using it at about 40W at the moment even though the coils are meant to be used at between 55 and 65W, so I'm not sure what affect that will have on the coils in the long term. I've been using the same one for two weeks and it's lasted like 4000 puffs or something so I guess it's okay?

I just build my own coils in a dripper or my Moonshot if I want a tank.  After screwing around with prebuilt coils that spit and leak, I finally just said **** it and build my own.  They last for a loooong time, I just swap out the cotton after it gets gunky or I want to change flavors.  And it's cheap as **** compared to buying premade coils.

Offline Skull_Angel

« Reply #1289 on: Sat, 27 January 2018, 01:19:42 »

I've notice this happened with a lot of cartridge-based sub-ohm tanks when I first started vaping. Seems to be an inherent problem where the cartridges just can't handle the heat and the seals weaken/deform causing either weeping or straight leaks.

I ended up moving to rebuildables that had good reddit reviews with the least mentions of leaking; many times it's due to human error, so take any review with a grain of salt. I can tell you the Wotofo Serpent mini (direct-lung) and Digiflavor Siren 2 24mm (mouth to lung) are simple to build on, have good flavor output, inexpensive for the quality, and I haven't experienced any leaking that I didn't cause.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1290 on: Sat, 27 January 2018, 08:20:04 »
I've notice this happened with a lot of cartridge-based sub-ohm tanks when I first started vaping. Seems to be an inherent problem where the cartridges just can't handle the heat and the seals weaken/deform causing either weeping or straight leaks.

I ended up moving to rebuildables that had good reddit reviews with the least mentions of leaking; many times it's due to human error, so take any review with a grain of salt. I can tell you the Wotofo Serpent mini (direct-lung) and Digiflavor Siren 2 24mm (mouth to lung) are simple to build on, have good flavor output, inexpensive for the quality, and I haven't experienced any leaking that I didn't cause.

Well I hadn't done anything with the coil at all when it started leaking, it was brand new. I hadn't taken more than two puffs through it before it started leaking so IDK what it could be.

I think I will stick to regular ones for now, building my own I think is a step too far at the moment, I will stick with pre built coils until I have any more problems as my second one has been totally fine. I get three coils for like £13 and if they last me 2+ weeks each I would say that's a good deal, I dunno.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #1291 on: Sat, 27 January 2018, 14:16:26 »
The liquid in my cheapo bottom coil tanks would leak out when they weren't in use. My favorite cheapo cartomizers were EGO megas. I don't know if I wasn't looking hard enough or if EGO Megas were OP back in 2013. They suited my price point at the time though. These days I would be more worried about a nasty dry hit; 3.7v dry hits were painful if memory serves me... but, 5v+ .. ouch.

Offline typo

« Reply #1292 on: Sun, 28 January 2018, 03:02:44 »
As usual good insight tp but you know I have been a Vegan like forever. They are sure I have it. It is also true things like vaping are just a band aide but there is no cure.

I did not see what you guy's discussed print too small. I think it was tanks leaking? tanks leak period. Try to get a RDA.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #1293 on: Sun, 28 January 2018, 08:12:40 »
Now I remember lol. RBAs were OP back when I was using the impossible to clean EGO Megas cartos.

Offline gak1234

[pwnd by Massdrop]
« Reply #1294 on: Wed, 31 January 2018, 11:22:49 »
[pwnd by Massdrop]
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 July 2018, 08:07:45 by gak1234 »

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1295 on: Sun, 04 February 2018, 17:51:43 »
So my first proper coil lasted around 5,000 puffs. My second only lasted about 1000. Annoying, but glad I bought three spares.

Might have to look into making my own...

Offline Skull_Angel

« Reply #1296 on: Mon, 05 February 2018, 16:57:28 »
So my first proper coil lasted around 5,000 puffs. My second only lasted about 1000. Annoying, but glad I bought three spares.

It's really simple and there's a lot of video tutorials out there. Best suggestions are to do a little research on atomizers that are easy to build on and have the least complaints (usually ones noted as beginner friendly), go with something that's single-coil unless you don't mind fidgeting with multi-coils (can get annoying matching the resistance/getting even heating), and get a Coilmaster (just makes wrapping super simple).

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #1297 on: Mon, 05 February 2018, 17:19:29 »

That's annoying. I definitely recommend building your own coils, it's easy and much cheaper. Plus you never have to wait on shipping.

This is the coilmaster that Skull_Angel was talking about. I got a generic one from Lightning Vapes. It really makes building coils a breeze. I did them by hand with a screwdriver before >_<

Also, I'd highly recommend getting an ohm reader so you know your not overdrawing. http://www.steam-engine.org/ has a convenient Ohm calculator which is good for estimating your current and resistance.

Are you using an RDA or a tank. If it's an RDA I'd definitely recommend a deck that supports dual coils. I just hate single coil builds (but that's just me). You can always just build it with a single coil if two is getting annoying.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1298 on: Mon, 05 February 2018, 18:22:30 »
That looks complicated as **** hahaha

My rig actually has an ohm readout that says how much is going through the coil when I inhale, and I don't think it goes above the recommended level for the tank. Unless you're talking about when you build your own one.

Also, looking at that Coil Master, it's got a crazy double twisted wire but the tanks I use only have one single coiled wire inside.

So guessing on how it works, if your coil goes then you just pull the coil and cotton out from inside, then you wrap a wire yourself, put new cotton in, and then put the wire in and you're done? Can you get it from most vape supply places? I'm in the UK so I don't know how easy it will be to get stuff from the US over to me.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #1299 on: Tue, 06 February 2018, 17:19:12 »
Okay, so i'm looking to get a new tank. The rubber seal along the top of the SMOK TFV8 Big baby keeps popping out whenever I open the top cover, and NEVER goes back in without a fight. I was given a spare with the kit and that falls out as well. It's annoying as ****.

Anybody recommend any tanks I could try? Due to the shape of the top I'm limited to 25mm ones. Not too bothered about looks but i'd prefer a fairly large opening on top due to the size and weight of the rest of the mod.

I have literally no idea where to start, but this is pretty much the range I have to go on and the site I've been using -> https://www.gosmokefree.co.uk/clearomizers/

Oh and I use my vape at about 40-50W so something with low optimum operating coils that are readily available would be a plus.
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 February 2018, 17:32:30 by katushkin »