Author Topic: [GB] GMK 9009 2016 (FINALIZING)  (Read 296896 times)

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
Re: [GB] GMK 9009 2016 (Order closed!)
« Reply #150 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 11:14:13 »
awww, wth? been waiting for funds to come in... why was 150 listed as MOQ and not a capped limit?

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #151 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 11:16:37 »
awww, wth? been waiting for funds to come in... why was 150 listed as MOQ and not a capped limit?

150 is the new MOQ for GMK. Like Justnits has said before he would pay for the sets basically up front in order to insure quick turn around. Basically he capped it at 150 so he would hit MOQ and thus only had to sell 149 sets to reimburse himself.

It just so happened that Yuktsi bought out 50 sets of that 150.

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #152 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 11:23:56 »
yuktsi plz

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #153 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 11:43:51 »
Ouch... Almost put my order in last night but got interrupted by the family. Oh well.

Personally not too bothered but next time you should make it clear that there are ONLY 150 kits. There was no mention of a cap on the number of orders so a few people will rightfully be pissed off.

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
  • Colour my life with the chaos of trouble
« Reply #154 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 11:44:27 »
Does the group buy closing earlier mean that these will bit production sooner?

Also damn Yuktsi that is baller of you to buy 50 sets. I'm sure you will share though  ;)
I want to sell them at inflated price.
Just joking. I have only 1 set from Justin.
email: yuktsi@ttggrr.cc

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #155 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 11:46:24 »
Wait. How is this closed? Wasn't this just opened?

Crap...

Offline ATXTider

• I keep it playa while some choose to play it safe
« Reply #156 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 11:48:19 »
Ouch... Almost put my order in last night but got interrupted by the family. Oh well.

Personally not too bothered but next time you should make it clear that there are ONLY 150 kits. There was no mention of a cap on the number of orders so a few people will rightfully be pissed off.

It was more explicitly spelled out in the Cherry Logo Esc buy, but not in this one.  OP should probably just make a new term (or two new terms) to explain this (and to have folks ask 'what's this?' incessantly), like MaxOQ, to avoid all this in the future.

Very disappointing.

Offline ATXTider

« Reply #157 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 11:49:57 »
Or perhaps listing this as a 'Group Buy' is disingenuous.  This seems more like a vendor type transaction.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #158 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 12:08:24 »
Oh, this was a max OQ too? Wasn't aware of that. Bummer.

Offline ATXTider

« Reply #159 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 12:12:14 »
Oh, this was a max OQ too? Wasn't aware of that. Bummer.

Apparently :(

Offline justnits

« Reply #160 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 12:14:46 »
Alright, the reaction I get from you all are a bit unexpected, so I think I'll explain and clear it up.

First of all, yuktsi is not buying 50 sets and clobber up all the MOQ. Geez.

As radio_killah guessed it correctly, I wanted to "finalize" whatever order we have first and then make orders with GMK.
Seeing how the orders are quite slow, I am guessing probably due to the fact that the MKB community's trust in the forum GB style is at it's lowest point, no thanks to the Miami Night's drama.
So if I could get the proof of purchase from GMK early, and post it up, and then re-opens the GB, it'll regain the momentum from the community as there is valid proof to show that this GB will not go south and that this GMK 9009 set will happen.

The spacebar kits are probably just 20-30% ordered from the MOQ, but I really like the color of the spacebar and I don't want to disappoint you guys (I'm sorry that I have already make some of you felt disappointed from my announcement of the premature order closing.) who bought the spacebar kits, I will make sure the spacebar goes into production.

I will open up the GB again (no increase of price) after I have made payments to GMK next week.
Sorry again for causing the emotional turmoil :(
| | | |
Ducky DK9008 Shine 2 Gateron Red w/ Korean 55g gold lubed spring & custom LED | Ergodox with Aluminium top plate | IBM Model M SSK | GHPad | GON's Nerd TKL | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL MX Blue
[Sold]Keycool 87 PBT White Cherry MX Blue | [Sold]ikbc F-104 Cherry MX Brown

Offline Orca

« Reply #161 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 12:16:59 »
open soon plzzzz, got a shock when i saw the thread title lol~

regarding ivan, SMH
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 March 2016, 12:19:56 by Orca »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #162 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 12:27:40 »
Alright, the reaction I get from you all are a bit unexpected, so I think I'll explain and clear it up.

First of all, yuktsi is not buying 50 sets and clobber up all the MOQ. Geez.

As radio_killah guessed it correctly, I wanted to "finalize" whatever order we have first and then make orders with GMK.
Seeing how the orders are quite slow, I am guessing probably due to the fact that the MKB community's trust in the forum GB style is at it's lowest point, no thanks to the Miami Night's drama.
So if I could get the proof of purchase from GMK early, and post it up, and then re-opens the GB, it'll regain the momentum from the community as there is valid proof to show that this GB will not go south and that this GMK 9009 set will happen.

The spacebar kits are probably just 20-30% ordered from the MOQ, but I really like the color of the spacebar and I don't want to disappoint you guys (I'm sorry that I have already make some of you felt disappointed from my announcement of the premature order closing.) who bought the spacebar kits, I will make sure the spacebar goes into production.

I will open up the GB again (no increase of price) after I have made payments to GMK next week.

If you are going to limit the total number of orders, that really should be spelled out clearly in the OP.  I'm also not following why you have chosen to close it early.  If every order were made in the pre-order fashion by requirement (thus requiring more and more money to be fronted by yourself for each additional order), I could understand, but why not allow these people to enter at this point and pay in full?  There is no additional money required from yourself, only additional orders.  Can you please explain your reasoning in greater detail?

It is a fairly well-documented fact that the vast majority of orders for group buys come in during the first few days and last few days of the purchase window, so "slow" orders is not a good indicator of a lack of interest, just FYI.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
Re: [GB] GMK 9009 2016 (Sorry! GB will reopen after payment to GMK)
« Reply #163 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 12:48:41 »
I understand that it's maxoq now, but I didn't get that in the OP. I joined your previous buy, so I know that was max and was stated as such in the OP.

Either way, I'm joining when this reopens.

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #164 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 13:07:08 »
as long as orders are reopened in the future, i'm happy - i can pay up front or whatever.

Offline justnits

« Reply #165 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 13:26:10 »
If you are going to limit the total number of orders, that really should be spelled out clearly in the OP.  I'm also not following why you have chosen to close it early.  If every order were made in the pre-order fashion by requirement (thus requiring more and more money to be fronted by yourself for each additional order), I could understand, but why not allow these people to enter at this point and pay in full?  There is no additional money required from yourself, only additional orders.  Can you please explain your reasoning in greater detail?

It is a fairly well-documented fact that the vast majority of orders for group buys come in during the first few days and last few days of the purchase window, so "slow" orders is not a good indicator of a lack of interest, just FYI.

It's my bad for the confusing info about the MOQ in my OP.
There's definitely a limited number to produce, what I initially meant was that there's no need to worry about not hitting MOQ as I will top up the remaining to hit the MOQ of 150 (I personally feel 250 is a bit far-fetched at this period of time)

The GB for this doesn't quite follow the usual pre-order fashion that we are familiar with. I'm trying out something new, the deposit payment is something new, but it has it's pros and cons, kind of like a double-edged sword. At this point, it feels quite risky if people starts asking for refunds and wants out, that's why I wanted to "end" early and pay GMK with whatever funds I have received from the orders thus far to secure those orders.

Like you said, people will start ordering as it comes nearer to the end of the deadline, so I figured if I could "close" the order, and from there I can see how many more people are actually interested in it. Moreover I see some comments saying (not from this thread) that they won't ever join GB anymore or somewhere along that line. So that's why I thought about getting the proof of purchase from GMK early to gain back the trust from the community. By doing so, I get to secure the existing orders, get a peek to see if there's actually more interest in this keyset, get proof of purchase from GMK, get more orders, get our set made earlier seeing there's other GMK GB going on at the moment and one of my personal goal is to get the sets done with as little delay as possible. I didn't like to wait for almost a year or over a year for my keysets, and I certainly don't want my groupbuyers to wait that long either. Lead time from GMK will take about 2 months assuming if GMK don't have any other big orders in hand. If my orders reaches GMK late, there's a high chance it might be overtaken by other GB.

I didn't mean to cause so much frustration to the community, but I hope my reasoning and explanation here make sense as I am typing this at 2AM in my local time.  :-X

If there's any questions, I'll only be able to answer them tomorrow (my local time is +8 GMT) as I need my rest now.
| | | |
Ducky DK9008 Shine 2 Gateron Red w/ Korean 55g gold lubed spring & custom LED | Ergodox with Aluminium top plate | IBM Model M SSK | GHPad | GON's Nerd TKL | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL MX Blue

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #166 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 15:09:13 »
Damn I'm glad I got in. Phew.

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #167 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 15:11:54 »
So if I could get the proof of purchase from GMK early, and post it up, and then re-opens the GB,
I'm curious, how does ordering at GMK works?
You hit the 150 MOQ, then what? You'll place an order at the company for 150 sets and then add more later?
That confuses me.
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline LXXXIX

« Reply #168 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 15:23:51 »
So if I could get the proof of purchase from GMK early, and post it up, and then re-opens the GB,
You hit the 150 MOQ, then what? You'll place an order at the company for 150 sets and then add more later?
That confuses me.

I would assume it's just another order through GMK's eyes. Can't be too complicated right?

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #169 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 15:27:43 »
That confuses me.

I would assume it's just another order through GMK's eyes. Can't be too complicated right?
Wouldn't that greatly delay the productions of the second batch of sets? GMK would make the first 150 then run through their schedule (and I guess as a big company they don't just make keycaps for geekhackers), then eventually run another batch? There could be months in between.
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #170 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 15:49:30 »
That confuses me.

You order X amount of sets and they give you a price based on your quote for the key set that you desire. Then you pay. Justnits is saying that he only wanted to order 150 sets total which is GMK's minimum order quantity and no more.

He only got a quote for 150 sets total produced. So if he went over 150 he would need a revised quote.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #171 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 15:56:05 »
I hope I can still order when justnits opens it again.  :-X

Offline Quackles

« Reply #172 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 16:01:20 »
Well this is frustrating and less than ideal. Wanted to order while the Australian dollar was high. Wish we knew about this at the start instead of deciding to order later and still within the closing date that was given.

« Reply #173 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 16:16:17 »
Justnits,

You're doing great. And I think I speak for behalf of everyone involved in the GB, that we appreciate the time and effort you have put in to ensuring all possible scenarios, as well as trying your best to get us the sets quickly.

Like all things, this is definitely a learning experience - especially when you are testing out new modes of purchasing/delivery. So you are bound ot hit some hiccups along the way.

Keep up the great work and don't be discouraged! Everyone who is commenting here is either a, genuinely curious to understand your thought process (which you've now explained succinctly), b, is excited for their set, or c, is frustrated they did't get a chance at getting in on the buy - but their frustrations aren't targeted at you.. Just at missing the first (of what seems to be at least two) waves of this keyset.

Get some rest!

Offline rpeterclark

• RPTR ❌
« Reply #174 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 17:11:20 »
Ugh. I can't seem to catch a break with GMK classic beige. Back to waiting...

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #175 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 18:44:27 »

Definitely don't take orders from Giorgio, as he likes to do chargebacks without communicating with the buy organizers beforehand.

What? Is it still possible to join? It was stated that it was closing in ten days!
Thanks

The orders came in unexpectedly fast as I was quite busy over the weekends.

Will be submitting the orders to GMK by next week.

Don't lose hope, maybe we might have extras from drop outs or in classified.

Offline zennasyndroxx

• It's good to be back!
« Reply #176 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 19:10:33 »

Definitely don't take orders from Giorgio, as he likes to do chargebacks without communicating with the buy organizers beforehand.

What? Is it still possible to join? It was stated that it was closing in ten days!
Thanks

Which buy if you don't mind mentioning?

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #177 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 19:18:35 »

Which buy if you don't mind mentioning?

Our latest Bro Caps sale.

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #178 on: Mon, 21 March 2016, 19:34:09 »

Thanks

Also just not a cool dude overall.

I still remember the whole Signature Plastics fiasco.

Offline bianco

« Reply #179 on: Tue, 22 March 2016, 03:56:23 »
it was just a few days ago when i asked about the backspace... things have progressed quickly.  :-X

Offline skuko

« Reply #180 on: Tue, 22 March 2016, 04:05:36 »

Thanks

really? that is not cool at all, not cool.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #181 on: Tue, 22 March 2016, 04:27:14 »

Thanks

Yeah incredibly rude to me, he escalated his dispute to a claim, and wouldn't even reply to resolve

« Last Edit: Tue, 22 March 2016, 05:22:27 by BunnyLake »
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #182 on: Tue, 22 March 2016, 08:59:58 »
So I think the issue with so many people being upset is there was not a good reason to hard cap this sale at 150 sets. The original end date still gave plenty of time for a quick turnaround, if not safer because more people probably would have paid in full. The other reason is normally group buys don't care if they barely miss the next pricing cutoff. Sure it may be 150, 250, etc, but if 230 people want to get into the group buy why shouldn't they? The early cutoff at 150 conveys a "well I got mine ordered so who cares" attitude that is counterintuitive to the community effort that is a group buy.

Now if the group buy organizer did not want to ship more than around 150 orders then that should have been stated, or maybe that person should not be running a group buy and someone willing to do the work should. You can't piggyback off members to get what you want, then leave a bunch of other ready and willing members out in the cold. I appreciate what Justnits is doing, but you don't want to alienate or make sudden changes where the community is concerned.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline LXXXIX

[GB] GMK 9009 2016 (Sorry! GB will reopen after payment to GMK)
« Reply #183 on: Tue, 22 March 2016, 09:08:26 »
I will never understand why people feel entitled to something. If you liked the set and had the funds you should've joined then. If you think people need to cater to you however it pleases you I think you should take a step back and think again.

If any of the GB organizers feel like they have had enough than so be it. These people are not corporations where they get paid to send packages and organize. At the end of the day it's the organizers call to say when they need to stop. I'd rather the organizer do lots of small runs than 1 giant one that might take longer than the small ones.

While I agree this should've been stated in the OP for changes its still not your GB. Oh well move on. I don't mean to sound so rude, but some people feel entitled to have things work for them. Just my 2 cents.
« Last Edit: Tue, 22 March 2016, 09:10:25 by LXXXIX »

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #184 on: Tue, 22 March 2016, 09:19:35 »
I will never understand why people feel entitled to something. If you liked the set and had the funds you should've joined then. If you think people need to cater to you however it pleases you I think you should take a step back and think again.

If any of the GB organizers feel like they have had enough than so be it. These people are not corporations where they get paid to send packages and organize. At the end of the day it's the organizers call to say when they need to stop. I'd rather the organizer do lots of small runs than 1 giant one that might take longer than the small ones.

While I agree this should've been stated in the OP for changes its still not your GB. Oh well move on. I don't mean to sound so rude, but some people feel entitled to have things work for them. Just my 2 cents.

It isn't an entitlement idea, it is an end date was stated then with no notice the buy was closed early. I shouldn't be surprised you and others may feel this way considering the selfishness of this hobby. It is not like this buy was going to run for 2 or 3 months and happened to close a little early, it was going to run for a few weeks and closed in half that time. This might be the first "group buy" that wasn't really a group buy, and ended really early. Naturally people are surprised and upset in this new scenario.

There is still no reason orders can't be taken still. I don't see what difference reopening now will have over opening later. Are they going to order 150 sets now, reopen and then try and piggy back more orders in before production starts? Or are we going to be trying for a new MOQ of 150 and might fall short and others are left out?

Offline skuko

« Reply #185 on: Tue, 22 March 2016, 09:33:52 »
seeing all the upset people in this thread, i would actually not be surprised if justnits would just cancel the whole thing and refunded everyone and be done with trying to organize anything.

my personal opinion - if you didn't manage to get in, tough luck. it is up to the GB organizer to decide how it's organized, even though i think that it could have been more transparent from the get go in this case.

difference? what about the work of sorting out 150 sets instead of 300 sets? if he never dealt with that kind of thing, i couldn't blame him for wanting to start out smaller.

also, seeing all the drama around Ivan and his GBs and the general increase in distrust, i can't blame justnits for wanting to place the order and proof thereof ASAP.

edit:

moral of the story - no matter what you do or how you do it, there are still going to be dissatisfied people. don't let that discourage you, justnits.
« Last Edit: Tue, 22 March 2016, 09:48:14 by skuko »

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #186 on: Tue, 22 March 2016, 09:48:10 »
difference? what about the work of sorting out 150 sets instead of 300 sets? if he never dealt with that kind of thing, i couldn't blame him for wanting to start out smaller.

also, seeing all the dram around Ivan and his GBs and the general increase in distrust, i can't blame justnits for wanting to place the order and proof thereof ASAP.

He should have stated how many sets was the maximum he wanted to handle, and the chance that he may close early.

Also there is 180 day window with PayPal, he could show the order was placed after 90 days and everyone would still be happy. His rush to post this information sooner is literally making people upset and alienating members of the COMMUNITY. This is a community still right? With some peoples attitudes lately I'm not so sure anymore...

Hey people got theirs so everyone else is an entitled ******* amirite? Just imagine it closed one day before you got to order, put yourself in someone else's shoes if you are capable.

Offline skuko

« Reply #187 on: Tue, 22 March 2016, 09:53:22 »

also, seeing all the dram around Ivan and his GBs and the general increase in distrust, i can't blame justnits for wanting to place the order and proof thereof ASAP.

He should have stated how many sets was the maximum he wanted to handle, and the chance that he may close early.

Also there is 180 day window with PayPal, he could show the order was placed after 90 days and everyone would still be happy. His rush to post this information sooner is literally making people upset and alienating members of the COMMUNITY. This is a community still right? With some peoples attitudes lately I'm not so sure anymore...

Hey people got theirs so everyone else is an entitled ******* amirite? Just imagine it closed one day before you got to order, put yourself in someone else's shoes if you are capable.

you're blowing it way out of proportion, i think. i have the utmost respect for you daniel, but calling him out like he's trying to destroy this community is a tad far-fetched. i put my order in the same day it was posted.

i of course sympathize with the guys that were cut off, i'm in the same place with skidata+ albeit due to my own stupidity.

i think it should've been communicated way more clearly in the OP from the start, no doubt about it. if you want to convince justnits to reopen the GB and/or reason with him, i support you. but use a less accusatory tone please, just saying.
« Last Edit: Tue, 22 March 2016, 09:55:14 by skuko »

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #188 on: Tue, 22 March 2016, 10:06:42 »
I didn't say he is destroying the community, just that it seems he didn't take it into account like group buys normally do.

Offline GSimon

« Reply #189 on: Tue, 22 March 2016, 10:09:08 »
I'm in the 'I got mine' camp, escape pack that is. Would have been nice if there was a max OQ stated somewhere. That being said had people known there was max OQ beforehand I really like this approach to group buys where the money is collected quickly and production starts sooner than later. If all group buys could have as quick of turnover as billnye's GMK GBs and the latest cherry logo GMK GB it would game changing, 6+ months wait is way more than most can handle.

Offline Pieminister

« Reply #190 on: Tue, 22 March 2016, 10:29:22 »
Sorry guys, i  am not the sharpest tool in the shed. From what has been said I am not really sure of whether there will be a "round 2" and if that will also have to reach 150, or if it will just be added on to te existing order. Because I think this on a zz96 = kreygasm.

Offline ntw

« Reply #191 on: Tue, 22 March 2016, 10:30:47 »
pretty hyped about the early closure though. this shows that the amount of pre-orders are close to the tier 1 MOQ and I am keeping my fingers crossed that the relaunching of this groupbuy would bring good news such as going for tier 2 MOQ and lower price for all participants :p :p :p
Wishlist: Hungrkey, Creamsicle Skullthulhu, MDMAver Skullthulhu, Goo, Taka

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #192 on: Tue, 22 March 2016, 10:33:29 »
So if I've got it right justnits is buying 150 sets but pre-sold some sets (most likely enough to cover most of the initial cost of the caps) and will sell whatever is left of the 150 sets after payment has been made to GMK.

For those talking about adding to MOQ I've never heard of anyone doing that with GMK, once the order is placed that's usually it.

This doesn't really fit what most of us are used to calling a group buy but I supposed you get a quicker turn around and have less to worry about with sorting and shipping with fewer orders.

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
  • Colour my life with the chaos of trouble
« Reply #193 on: Tue, 22 March 2016, 10:48:33 »
Only 47 were sold for the base sets. I know because Justin is using my site. He told me that with his way, the sets will be delivered in June/July.

Seriously, he just doesn't want those who have paid to wait 5-6 months, or even more than a year. It's his first/second time running Groupbuy, please be nice to him.

« Last Edit: Tue, 22 March 2016, 10:50:35 by yuktsi »
email: yuktsi@ttggrr.cc

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #194 on: Tue, 22 March 2016, 11:15:56 »
I totally understand justnits position, but I hope he also understands that a lot of people wanted to order the set at a closer date to the deadline THAT HE SET.

After loosing almost $300 to the hands of Ivan, I think that it’s a great idea to keep the size of the order and total processing time down. I also love the idea of posting the proof of purchase from GMK ASAP. Like that people can get their money back, up to 180 days if no proof of purchase is given.

But as justnits said in the OP

I’m in that boat! And this is one of the reasons I had not placed an order yet. The other reason is because I KNEW (from justnits’s OP) that I still had time to make up my mind (and getting paid at the end of the month helps too).
No where did justnits say that he wanted to keep the maximum size of this GB a certain size or that the GB COULD close early.

Because justnits closed this early we’re not sure if:
A - justnits will be able to increase the order size after submitting the order to GMK
B - We’ll need to reach a new MOQ of 150 for a next round (and wait god knows how long)

So if we’re not able to reach another MOQ for a 2nd round, is it going to be too bad for us because we believed what justnits said in his OP?

justnits  wants to show good faith by sharing proof of the GMK order, but how can we put our trust in him if he doesn’t respect the dates he gave in the OP?

TL;DR posting the GMK order is a good idea, I want this set, and that justnits needs to work on his communication

Offline flabbergast

« Reply #195 on: Tue, 22 March 2016, 11:31:52 »
The communication could have been better - but I actually couldn't find any deadline in the first post, only
Quote from: justnits
The order will be placed with GMK by end of March.
Is this what you guys are referring to?

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #196 on: Tue, 22 March 2016, 11:33:09 »
The communication could have been better - but I actually couldn't find any deadline in the first post, only
Quote from: justnits
The order will be placed with GMK by end of March.
Is this what you guys are referring to?

« Last Edit: Mon, 21 March 2016, 19:23:24 by justnits »

OP was updated to remove the deadline

Offline justnits

« Reply #197 on: Tue, 22 March 2016, 11:34:19 »
Hi everyone. I am still relatively new to handling GB and this is a learning process for me to run a smoother GB in future. Just to let you all know that I really appreciate all the support and criticism in the same light, the supportive words gives me the strength to carry on, the criticism gives me good knowledge about what to do and what not to do in future. So far I only see constructive criticism in this thread, with a lot of emotions in it (which is understandable with the recent events). I would appreciate it further if everyone can be nice to each other and slowly purge out the negativity in this community. :thumb:

Again, I didn't have the intention of causing upset to those who missed out this GB (to be honest, I really didn't put in high expectations when I start this GB, hence I have in mind to run it at lower MOQ which I failed to convey that message across in the OP). I didn't expect the kind of reaction from so many people when I prematurely close the GB. In a sense, I am glad to see this kind of reaction, that people actually want to join this GB so badly that they are frustrated and upset (No, I am not a sadistic person) even though there's a breach of trust from a prominent member's GB.

I will try to answer more questions tomorrow, I don't think it's a good idea to answer questions when one is tired :))
| | | |

Offline kokokoy

« Reply #198 on: Tue, 22 March 2016, 11:48:16 »

But, if I understand this correct justnits would reopen the GB for the same price so people in doubt can jump in to this GB (w/ only i guess ~100 base sets available) when he present the invoice/receipt from GMK. So for those people who got cut out (upto ~100) they can still join in I believe? But do agree a bit that there should have been a fair warning at least. Anyway most GB here tend to follow this rule of "my GB my rules" (w/c I take it as no rules) anyway so I don't know what sets this apart.

I for one was not planning to join this as I'm done on community run GB due to my lost in Miami from a "reputable and respected member" but the deposit route, option to refund and proof of purchase (things I highly commend on this GB) made me decide to place my orders. For me this GB or justnits is trying to make changes for the good if there are faults along the way then I guess the next GB should pick from that. My 2 cents.

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #199 on: Tue, 22 March 2016, 11:50:28 »
i think you are doing a great job, and i applaud your determination to investigate better ways to do group buys. looks like we learned a lesson with this experiment. so many people, so many perspectives and assumptions, its really important to have all the facts in black and white up front. Also, I think you may have underestimated the power of GMK beige. :))

I am still hoping to get in a round 2 for this set. I dont care how long it will take to get, as long as i have my shot at getting a set.

keep up the great work