Author Topic: [IC] DSA Run (Kits reworked)  (Read 28856 times)

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
[IC] DSA Run (Kits reworked)
« on: Tue, 15 November 2016, 05:28:18 »

DSA Run is a keyset inspired by the NMD OG PK sneakers with its signature black, red, blue colours. I designed this set in DSA as I think the uniform look works well with the profile, and the queue is not as far as I know packed.
Unfortunately I've come to the decision to include the Japanese characters as BoW instead, firstly to better stand in contrast to the existing BoW alphas, but also to streamline the process since reverse dye-sub is still not a process SP can provide.

Colour codes (doubleshot ABS):
white: WA
blue: BE
red: RAC
black: NN

JP Alphas (PBT dye sub):
black: GSF
white: WAN

Updates:

23 August 2017:
Kits will be sent in a few hours to SP for quotes, time to get in some last minute things.

Google form to keep track: https://docs.google.com/forms/u/0/d/e/1FAIpQLSfOBlwajYohQYsqJKDHHbISd7FZsnKfIaphPWqLp6s9T0n6YA/viewform?usp=sf_link

14 August 2017:
I have streamlined the set to just 2 kits. As of now, it is highly likely I will have to run the GB instead. I will leave the kits up for a bit for any feedback, and will get back after a new quote is given by SP.

Kits not included will probably be dropped.

DSA Run Base Kit:

DSA Run Addon Kit:

Do leave your comments, cheers.

Old stuff:
More
As of now I'm looking to run this via Massdrop, and so do sign in and vote in the poll, every vote matters!
Have a suggestion? Do let me know and I'll see what we can do about it.
As of now the NMD novelty is still in the process of being simplified,
but if it's still complex I'm looking to have some NMD stickers done as well, possibly shipped out first :)

Render:

Interest Check:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfOBlwajYohQYsqJKDHHbISd7FZsnKfIaphPWqLp6s9T0n6YA/viewform?usp=sf_link

Poll Link: https://www.massdrop.com/vote/DSA-Run?utm_source=linkshare&referer=H2XT3K

UPDATE 04 July 2017:
Quote from SP received, waiting on slots and stuff. Will not be on MD but probably through a community vendor. Stay tuned!

UPDATE 08 March 2017:

Firstly, thanks for all the feedback given, I've taken into account possible MOQ numbers and other considerations before making these changes, so hopefully this update brings about more compatibility options.

As of now there are 5 updates:

40s Kit:

I've taken a look at the other 40s kit offered in  various popular keysets and ported/copied the keys over. I have to say I don't have a 40 key keyboard available, nor have I seen one in person so I've tried to make sure I've included enough caps in this kit. If you're a user do let me know if I've missed out on this, rest assured there's only 1 ESC key now. Thanks /u/chief_wrench for the reminder!

JP Alphas Kit:

Unfortunately I've decided to forgo the JIS layout and instead use DSA Otaku's somewhat frankensteined(?) approach to putting those legends on the kit. I hope it still does well, and once again thanks to /u/cadent**** for working out the keys for a layout on KLE. I've used parts of his work here.

OS Keys:

Added 1.25u and 1.5u keys. As of now I'm looking to have them in one set, subject to the pricing tiers SP will come out with. Thanks to /u/KD1011 for spotting my mistake of having 2 rows of 1u keys!

Spacebar Kit:

Added a 3u key to complement the 6.25u and 7u keys

Colevrak Kit!

/u/thesiscamper convinced me to come up with this one. I don't use such layouts and am therefore not too familiar with them, so if any Colevrak users spot some missing keys/errors do let me know so that I can fix em'. Keys are all homing, of course. Thanks to /u/danilo_dk , /u/ricyuyc and /u/_lenty for showing your support for this kit.

NMD Sneaker Novelty/Sticker:

As of now I'm still working on this, work has been crazy since I was working during the weekend as well. I really want to bring the iconic NMD to life through the Novelty Kit, so stay tuned. I'm also interested in doing NMD Sneaker stickers, so if you're interested in that do let me know! Probably gonna have it as a separate Google Form GB at a very low cost. Get it to put the NMD on yo NMD!

MD Poll:

As of now the poll has hit about the halfway mark at about 220ish votes. Do vote as it really helps us all bring this IC to its next stage. Thanks again to those who too the time to vote! And if you've not, do vote now!

Thanks again all, and do let me know what ya think. The KLE renders (2D) are the updated kits, the rest are from the last update 4 days ago. Special thanks to /u/jchan94 , /u/thesiscamper and /u/kingrama !

TKL Kit:

Alphas Kit:

JP Alphas Kit:

Compatibility Kit:

ISO Kit:

40s Kit:

Egodox Kit:

Numpad Kit:

Novelties:

OS Kit:

Spacebars Kit:

Sticker (TBC):

The stickers will probably be done as a separate mini GB if the NMD design doesn't go through, since the current design is a tad too detailed for a keycap. If I do end up doing this as a sticker there will be an updated version with transparent background and/or white. Here's the current look:

To-do:
- Update status of NMD novelty

Special thanks to jchan for his help, and thesiscamper for the renders and advice along the way, and to those who have given me suggestions either through PMs/GH/Reddit, appreciate the love!

More

Hey guys,

After a month of hiatus, back with a more refined (hopefully!) version of a NMD inspired keyset. Decided to go with DSA as the current SA queue is pretty much swamped, and the profile seems to blend well with the set and what I aim to achieve. I chose these colours as I thought they would provide a nice accent and let one experience a subtle experience  :p

Base Kit:

Alternate Alpha Kit (JP Black)

Numpad

Novelties

Colour codes

I'll be adding the following in the next few days:
  • ISO Kit
  • Compatibility Kits
  • Additional Novelties (about 3 more)
  • Renders
Lemme know what you guys think, I'm more than happy to hear suggestions  :thumb:

More
OLD:
Hey guys,

A keyset inspired by the ever popular NMD OG

Show Image

I bring you: OG (profile tbd)

Some 2D renders so far:

1) OG Dark Alphas
Show Image

2) OG Dark Alphas Alternate
Show Image

3) OG White Alphas
Show Image

4) OG White Alphas Alternate
Show Image

I'll be looking at rendering these in 3D in the following days and of course add some novelties. What are some keyboard profiles you guys would like? Let me know in the comments :)

Enter the poll!
http://www.strawpoll.me/11656483

log:
15.11.16 Changed name from OG to Hypebeast
« Last Edit: Tue, 22 August 2017, 11:24:24 by beamingrobot »
http://monokei.co

Jane v2 | Jane v2 CE | Police | EXENT | KFE | KFE CE | Singa R1 | Jaguar | HHKB | Custom G80-3000 | Dalco 959mini | Haus | Kei | Hiro | Hidari | Tomo | Neko | Prophet | MXSS | TKL One | RS

Offline wodan

Re: [IC] OG (SA/DSA)
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 15 November 2016, 05:31:49 »
The term "OG" already has a very established meaning. You will have a hard time establishing a brand/scheme with that same name. When people hear "OG" they will be instantly thinking "Cherry ABS doubleshots in classic beige"

Offline losskutleboys

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 15 November 2016, 06:01:03 »
The term "OG" already has a very established meaning. You will have a hard time establishing a brand/scheme with that same name. When people hear "OG" they will be instantly thinking "Cherry ABS doubleshots in classic beige"

maybe "Hypebeast"  :p
My comfort food is instant ramen

Offline thad

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 15 November 2016, 06:06:26 »
I like the dark alphas. I have never been a fan of light colored caps (gotta clean them to often)

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 15 November 2016, 07:03:20 »

Using this now! Thanks for the suggestion heh

Jane v2 | Jane v2 CE | Police | EXENT | KFE | KFE CE | Singa R1 | Jaguar | HHKB | Custom G80-3000 | Dalco 959mini | Haus | Kei | Hiro | Hidari | Tomo | Neko | Prophet | MXSS | TKL One | RS

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 15 November 2016, 07:10:35 »

Strange, every time I hear OG I think about this dude:

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
Re: [IC] Hypebeast (SA/DSA)
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 15 November 2016, 07:18:48 »

Thanks! Changed the name up :)

I like the dark alphas. I have never been a fan of light colored caps (gotta clean them to often)
Yeap, looking for something darker this time around  :D

Offline losskutleboys

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 15 November 2016, 09:06:08 »

Careful about copyright tho !
My comfort food is instant ramen

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 15 November 2016, 09:31:02 »

Careful about copyright tho !

Placeholder for now, gonna work on the name. But thanks for the heads up!

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
Re: [IC] DSA Run
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 08:34:19 »
Updated! 08.01.2017  :D

Offline majordookie

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 08:56:10 »
I like the NMD's. I like the keys. I'm definitely interested in these.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 08:57:41 »
I prefer the black keys with white legends shown in the JP set.

Edit: I just saw the legends. Please no.
« Last Edit: Sun, 08 January 2017, 15:04:04 by xondat »

Offline testplsignore

• I am one with the Cup Rubber...
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 09:39:42 »

+1 for this

Would like to see what different font choices might look like, are we locked in to existing SP fonts?

Realforce 10AE 45g Type-S & 55g    HHKB BT & Type-S    Realforce RGB Hype-S    FC980C    FC660C    Filco BT TKL

Offline kiwi99

• that's a gnarly dookie
  • authentic church of halverson member
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 15:14:33 »
I really don't get the choice to have supreme on the winkey legend as it has nothing to do with adidas or the OG colourway, if you were going for a more hypebeast themed keyset it would make sense but just as-is with the theme its out of place imo, a custom 3 stripe legend or something ( not sure if this is against copyright or something) would be better suited.

also +1 for black alphas.

Offline majordookie

« Reply #14 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 15:20:55 »
I really don't get the choice to have supreme on the winkey legend as it has nothing to do with adidas or the OG colourway, if you were going for a more hypebeast themed keyset it would make sense but just as-is with the theme its out of place imo, a custom 3 stripe legend or something ( not sure if this is against copyright or something) would be better suited.

I'm kinda with you on this one, I think that the winkey legend should have the text that is on the heeltab of the NMDs.

Offline kiwi99

• that's a gnarly dookie
« Reply #15 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 15:31:44 »

I'm kinda with you on this one, I think that the winkey legend should have the text that is on the heeltab of the NMDs.
Well the pull tables text is random in which language is prevalent, and I think its the saying "the brand with three stripes" repeated like it says on the sole so having this as a single key legend would be hard as well. if you wanted the Japanese aesthetics "three" in Japanese is three lines I think, but also its sort of funny that the set is so japanese-centric since Adidas is a German brand, but I understand the choice to choose to focus on Japanese text and stuff because hype stuff always has the Japanese aesthetics.

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #16 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 16:49:44 »

+1 for this

Would like to see what different font choices might look like, are we locked in to existing SP fonts?

Hey guys, just gonna do a consolidated reply!

1. Fonts:
As of now I'm sticking to SP fonts due to extra fees for molds, but I can explore this further.

2. Regarding the legends/win key:
To be honest it was a tongue in cheek last minute change ( I changed it from the usual SUPER key ) just 10 minutes before I uploaded it to gauge the reactions. I'm quite happy that most people don't like that, didn't want to end up with a rather awkward SUPREME key that didn't fit :P As kiwi mentioned the pull tabs are literally 'the company with three stripes' in Japanese, so I'd probably either revert to something usual like SUPER, or the Japanese term for the word 'Run'. I did consider having a 3 strike legend but as of now I don't wanna tempt the copy right gods. Instead I'm looking to include a vector side view of the NMDs but no promises as I'm still working on that in illustrator :p

3. Alphas:

So far the consensus on the colour of the alphas would be black keys with white legends, even for the base kit. That was the original design so I'm looking to revert back to it, it's just that I'm a sucker for BoW  :p

Keep the comments coming! It helps me narrow down the options and refine the set  :thumb:

Offline e_l_tang

« Reply #17 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 20:08:42 »

+1 for this

Hey guys, just gonna do a consolidated reply!

1. Fonts:
As of now I'm sticking to SP fonts due to extra fees for molds, but I can explore this further.

2. Regarding the legends/win key:
To be honest it was a tongue in cheek last minute change ( I changed it from the usual SUPER key ) just 10 minutes before I uploaded it to gauge the reactions. I'm quite happy that most people don't like that, didn't want to end up with a rather awkward SUPREME key that didn't fit :P As kiwi mentioned the pull tabs are literally 'the company with three stripes' in Japanese, so I'd probably either revert to something usual like SUPER, or the Japanese term for the word 'Run'. I did consider having a 3 strike legend but as of now I don't wanna tempt the copy right gods. Instead I'm looking to include a vector side view of the NMDs but no promises as I'm still working on that in illustrator :p

3. Alphas:

So far the consensus on the colour of the alphas would be black keys with white legends, even for the base kit. That was the original design so I'm looking to revert back to it, it's just that I'm a sucker for BoW  :p

Keep the comments coming! It helps me narrow down the options and refine the set  :thumb:
SP has the molds for those Japanese characters? I did not know that.

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #18 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 20:38:58 »

I'm basing it on the fact that they've done DSA Otaku, but that might be dye-sub. I'll be looking into whether it is feasible to have them doubleshot, or tweaking my legends so that they're not WA but something else that can be dye-subbed.

Offline e_l_tang

« Reply #19 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 21:00:03 »

I'm basing it on the fact that they've done DSA Otaku, but that might be dye-sub. I'll be looking into whether it is feasible to have them doubleshot, or tweaking my legends so that they're not WA but something else that can be dye-subbed.
No color of dye can remain visible after being sublimated into black plastic. You will have to pay for new molds if you want characters of any color on black keycaps.

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #20 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 21:02:20 »

No color of dye can remain visible after being sublimated into black plastic. You will have to pay for new molds if you want white characters on black keycaps.

Yeap thesiscamper just told me that, I'm sending SP an email and see how the quote goes, if not I'll be tweaking colours again.

Offline Arallu

« Reply #21 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 21:15:53 »
It's $50-70 per mold last i saw

Offline kiwi99

• that's a gnarly dookie
« Reply #22 on: Sun, 08 January 2017, 21:17:50 »

I'm not that great at stuff but if you need help its pretty easy to do simple vector stuff like this only took a few minutes in cs6

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #23 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 01:52:01 »
It's $50-70 per mold last i saw

That is correct AFAIK, and in the worst case scenario the JP kit will be BoW or something to that effect in order to save costs

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #24 on: Mon, 09 January 2017, 01:52:51 »
Show Image

I'm not that great at stuff but if you need help its pretty easy to do simple vector stuff like this only took a few minutes in cs6
'

Yeap it's quite straightforward, the only thing is time as this week is particularly crazy for me! Definitely gonna have something similar Kiwi  :thumb:

Offline aikilink

« Reply #25 on: Tue, 10 January 2017, 14:50:17 »
Definitely interested in the kana set!

Offline Liar

« Reply #26 on: Tue, 10 January 2017, 15:11:01 »

No color of dye can remain visible after being sublimated into black plastic. You will have to pay for new molds if you want characters of any color on black keycaps.

Can't they take a White keycap and dyesub everything but the letter?

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #27 on: Tue, 10 January 2017, 17:09:27 »

That's probably reverse dye sub and AFAIK it's still a process that's very much in the works.

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #28 on: Tue, 10 January 2017, 19:10:09 »

That's probably reverse dye sub and AFAIK it's still a process that's very much in the works.

Yup, there was a planned group buy for some but the samples that arrived appeared to still need some work.  Last I recall it was on hold pending quality improvements in the process.

Offline hanoipho

« Reply #29 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 09:46:53 »
Looks great!  :thumb:

Offline Clemence

« Reply #30 on: Wed, 11 January 2017, 13:18:25 »
GMK presto mids when?

Haha, in all serious this seems like a great idea, but I'm curious. Does SP already have the japanese molds?

Offline e_l_tang

« Reply #31 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 03:22:57 »

Yup, there was a planned group buy for some but the samples that arrived appeared to still need some work.  Last I recall it was on hold pending quality improvements in the process.
Can you provide a link to the source?

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #32 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 16:39:22 »

Can you provide a link to the source?

As a matter of fact, yes.  Should be PBT Magenta, if I'm not mistaken.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=82848.0

Offline zslane

« Reply #33 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 16:54:22 »
Decided to go with DSA as the current SA queue is pretty much swamped...

Double-shot DSA will be stuck in the same swamp as double-shot SA. The mistake everyone seems to make is in thinking that the backlog is strictly due to the use of SA molds, when the primary bottleneck at SP is the use of the two-shot process.

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #34 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 19:43:29 »
Decided to go with DSA as the current SA queue is pretty much swamped...

Double-shot DSA will be stuck in the same swamp as double-shot SA. The mistake everyone seems to make is in thinking that the backlog is strictly due to the use of SA molds, when the primary bottleneck at SP is the use of the two-shot process.

That's a good point but with the colours in the set atm doubleshot is pretty much my best shot (heh) at getting it to turn out like the KLE version.

Offline zslane

« Reply #35 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 19:51:00 »
I completely agree.

I just don't want you to be disappointed when you discover the place you get in SP's manufacturing queue.

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #36 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 20:19:06 »
Lead times per the PMK site.  Looks like DSA might be okay for now.  I think the problem may be that a lot of buys switch over to DSA and load it up as well.

http://pimpmykeyboard.com/whats-new/

DSA and DCS two-shot sets - 8 to 10 weeks depending on the size.
SA two-shot sets - currently booked through October 2017.
DSA and SA sublimated sets - 5 to 6 weeks, depending on the size.
Stock blank sets - within 3 business days from receipt of order.
Stock sublimated sets - within 1 week from receipt of order.

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #37 on: Thu, 12 January 2017, 22:47:11 »
I completely agree.

I just don't want you to be disappointed when you discover the place you get in SP's manufacturing queue.

Yeap thanks for the heads-up  :thumb:

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
Re: [IC] DSA Run (Renders on the way!)
« Reply #38 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 06:04:05 »
Something's brewing  :thumb:

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
  • Please email jchan@keyclack.com. PMs are disabled
    • KeyClack
« Reply #39 on: Tue, 28 February 2017, 19:32:57 »
Honestly, this might be the only DSA set I'm ever interested in personally.

Will most likely join  :thumb:
Support Email: support@keyclack.com

Did you miss something from us?

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #40 on: Sat, 04 March 2017, 07:52:23 »
Honestly, this might be the only DSA set I'm ever interested in personally.

Will most likely join  :thumb:

Thanks man!

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
Re: [IC] DSA Run (Kits & Renders Up!)
« Reply #41 on: Sat, 04 March 2017, 07:52:34 »
Kits and Renders updated!

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #42 on: Sat, 04 March 2017, 08:37:26 »

If I only wanted TKL and JP kits, I'd be missing the Esc key. My suggestion is to remove the Esc from the Alphas kit and just include it in the TKL kit.

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #43 on: Sat, 04 March 2017, 09:22:26 »

If I only wanted TKL and JP kits, I'd be missing the Esc key. My suggestion is to remove the Esc from the Alphas kit and just include it in the TKL kit.

Thanks for the heads-up, updated!

Offline MungFuSensei

« Reply #44 on: Sat, 04 March 2017, 11:46:05 »

Or it'd be easier to include the esc key in the JP kit, so that other people don't need to buy a TKL kit.

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #45 on: Sat, 04 March 2017, 20:34:49 »
Absolutely 100% need this. Especially for the M65! Make it happen man !! :)

Edit: posted on my FB page, hope you don't mind :) https://www.facebook.com/ramaworks/posts/652913134909033
« Last Edit: Sat, 04 March 2017, 20:41:41 by KingRama »
Didn't notice my personal messages have been disabled for those thinking you have been blocked - to contact please reach out through Facebook messages or support email!
WEB: https://rama.works/
STORE: https://ramaworks.store/
INSTA: @ramaworks
FB: ramaworks

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #46 on: Sat, 04 March 2017, 21:35:37 »

Or it'd be easier to include the esc key in the JP kit, so that other people don't need to buy a TKL kit.

The JP set is undergoing revisions as well, but I'll still keep the ESC with TKL

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #47 on: Sat, 04 March 2017, 21:36:08 »

Edit: posted on my FB page, hope you don't mind :) https://www.facebook.com/ramaworks/posts/652913134909033
Thanks! <3 would really love to see this on my M65 ;)

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #48 on: Sat, 04 March 2017, 22:48:06 »

Thanks! <3 would really love to see this on my M65 ;)

Same here mate!! <3
Didn't notice my personal messages have been disabled for those thinking you have been blocked - to contact please reach out through Facebook messages or support email!
WEB: https://rama.works/
STORE: https://ramaworks.store/
INSTA: @ramaworks
FB: ramaworks

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #49 on: Sat, 04 March 2017, 23:12:43 »

Yeaaaaaaaaa... gonna be needing one of these. Or ten.

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 07:44:35 »
Added Colemak, Dvorak kits and updated a few of the current kits. :thumb:

Offline yohanskee

• * Maker
  • There is no escape from enemy who lives within
    • Alpha Keycaps Instagram
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 15 March 2017, 21:24:49 »
Dayum it's awesome. Hope this will be a reality as soon as possible. 10/10 for color selection.
TGR 910 CE | Singa R1 | HHKB Pro 2 | IBM Model M

Alpha Keycaps - Making Stuff Thread
Alpha Keycaps - Sale Thread

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #52 on: Mon, 03 July 2017, 09:37:22 »
Abandoned??
keyboards.

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #53 on: Mon, 03 July 2017, 10:28:42 »
Waiting on the vendor, hopefully there will be news soon :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline LiamOS

« Reply #54 on: Mon, 03 July 2017, 19:14:25 »
I live for the day we get Japanese characters on a set that fits on an actual Japanese board. :D

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #55 on: Mon, 03 July 2017, 19:51:51 »
I live for the day we get Japanese characters on a set that fits on an actual Japanese board. :D

That was my consideration until I realised that most people want it on an ANSI/ISO board :( and I don't think a JIS kit will do well unfortunately  :(

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
Re: [IC] DSA Run (Quote received)
« Reply #56 on: Tue, 04 July 2017, 00:30:40 »
Didn't go through the entire thread but I saw it was mentioned once regarding the 5 ESC keys in the 40s key, there are quite a bunch of keys that need to be killed off since this is a DSA set with uniform profile.

- I would add 1u |\ to both of the alpha kits and remove it from any of the other kits (Compat, ISO, 40s). in Compat and 40s there are currently two of them anyways so thats odd? Or was it ment to be black and white?
- Add a white Return key to the ISO kit so you got both colorways covered, also what is the 1u ENTER for?
- There are 3x red META keys in Compat, need only 2
- Remove all copies of INS/HOME/PAGE UP/DEL/END/PAGE DOWN from Compat and 40s kit, since this is DSA the ones from TKL will do just fine
- The thumb cluser on Ergodox has one too many 1u blue keys (the ones above the red 2U keys)
- I think DSA actually has a 6u spacebar? Could be useful for HHKB peeps
- 40s kit seems more like a Planck kit, there is quite a lot of stuff missing for 40% keebs, check out the kit for it on Carbon R2 drop
- Homing keys for japanese Alphas?
- 1.75u blue BACKSPACE to act as COLEMAK support. Maybe as part of TKL kit? Otherwise Compat kit, but thats a tad much for someone to buy for just one key

GL with the set!
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 July 2017, 01:08:09 by Oblotzky »

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #57 on: Tue, 04 July 2017, 07:46:49 »
Thanks for your valuable feedback @Oblotzky! Unfortunately the files are with the vendor, so I'll forward your suggestions and see how it goes, glad to have had your help!

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #58 on: Tue, 04 July 2017, 08:07:44 »
Thanks for your valuable feedback @Oblotzky! Unfortunately the files are with the vendor, so I'll forward your suggestions and see how it goes, glad to have had your help!

Ah damn, sorry for being so late to the party. Is it going to be a GB? If so, I guess fixes can still be made as long as the GB didn't launch yet. The vendor was not yet announced right?

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #59 on: Tue, 04 July 2017, 10:15:25 »
Yeap GB has not launched, gotta wait for other things to be ready, I've forwarded your suggestions :D

Offline Hazzula

« Reply #60 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 11:23:00 »
Awww man I was looking for a BoW dsa set and I can not believe I missed this! Im sooo hoping I have cash when this pushes through!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #61 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 12:17:01 »
Awww man I was looking for a BoW dsa set and I can not believe I missed this! Im sooo hoping I have cash when this pushes through!

Yeap GB has not launched, gotta wait for other things to be ready, I've forwarded your suggestions :D

GB has not launched

not launched

Offline Marutks

« Reply #62 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 14:03:03 »
nice keycaps,    is that 2.25 size shift in Compatibility Kit?

Offline PotatoTM

« Reply #63 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 15:57:28 »
Not the keyset for me but NMDs are my grails so I'd definitely be in for the stickers :P

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #64 on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 18:15:40 »
nice keycaps,    is that 2.25 size shift in Compatibility Kit?

ye

GB has not launched

not launched

GB has not launched, IC form is up, so do register your interest again :D

Offline Marutks

« Reply #65 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 04:34:23 »
I submitted your form

Offline heliar_mk

« Reply #66 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 08:00:19 »
Any new for these kits?

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #67 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 20:57:21 »
I'm still waiting on the vendor, apologies for the long wait but it is really out of my hands and dependent on their schedule. I'll continue to request for updates, hopefully we can run it soon.

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #68 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 02:29:57 »
Will probably pick up a JP alphas kit :)

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline flyingalbatross1

« Reply #69 on: Tue, 18 July 2017, 15:21:06 »
Standard enter is red but ISO enter is black. Could you make the colourways match more consistently? Red ISO enter, cheers

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #70 on: Wed, 19 July 2017, 20:49:19 »
Standard enter is red but ISO enter is black. Could you make the colourways match more consistently? Red ISO enter, cheers

Gotcha  :thumb:

Offline flyingalbatross1

« Reply #71 on: Sat, 22 July 2017, 08:45:00 »

Gotcha  :thumb:
Smashing

Loving this colourway. I don't like the look of the SA profile so I'm up to try DSA, and don't like most of the plain 'dolch' stuff floating around. Probably going to be in for this and XDA godspeed!

What's the time scale like?

Offline ChitownM2

« Reply #72 on: Sat, 22 July 2017, 14:22:22 »
Really like this colorway, but I hope I hope we can cut down on the duplicate keys and the reorganization Luke oblotzky suggested. That should help lower the cost of the kits.

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #73 on: Tue, 25 July 2017, 02:11:11 »
Set is put on hold, possibly cancelled at this moment since I've not received any comms from the vendor for about a month. Will update OP if I decide to continue and ****.

Offline heliar_mk

« Reply #74 on: Thu, 27 July 2017, 00:55:58 »
Don't give up with these kits,please :-X

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #75 on: Thu, 27 July 2017, 17:26:57 »
I'm really hoping this comes to fruition. This kit needs to be on me.. i mean i want it.. this.
-Dana

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
Re: [IC] DSA Run (Kits reworked)
« Reply #76 on: Sun, 13 August 2017, 11:48:02 »
14 August 2017:
I have streamlined the set to just 2 kits. As of now, it is highly likely I will have to run the GB instead. I will leave the kits up for a bit for any feedback, and will get back after a new quote is given by SP.

Kits not included will probably be dropped.

OP updated.

Offline ullr

« Reply #77 on: Sun, 13 August 2017, 14:47:11 »
The JP kit is perfect, except that it is missing a 1u ‘む’ key (necessary for doing ISO/JIS). Other than that it looks great.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #78 on: Sun, 13 August 2017, 20:16:38 »
Could you add optional blue "| /"  and "~" keys for symmetry?

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #79 on: Mon, 14 August 2017, 02:28:04 »
14 August 2017

Updated some keys, some additional keys will not be added, sorry  :( OP will be updated with the correct images in a few hours.

Base Kit:

Add Ons Kit:

Files sent to SP, awaiting new quote. All keys are doubleshot ABS, with the exception of the JP alphas which will be dye subbed PBT for obvious financial reasons  :p

I'm looking at the proverbial calendar and am trying to see where I can fit in the GB so that we won't lose all our monies with so many other great sets coming up. If you like DSA, do consider chipping in your support in the midst of the SA and GMK onslaught :D
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 August 2017, 02:31:40 by beamingrobot »

Offline ullr

« Reply #80 on: Mon, 14 August 2017, 06:48:57 »
Perfect, have you given much thought to the font for the kana set?

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #81 on: Mon, 14 August 2017, 07:57:59 »
We will likely have the same font as DSA Otaku, unless you have some suggestions? :)

Offline TLExile

« Reply #82 on: Thu, 17 August 2017, 01:41:05 »
If the addon kit is dyesub pbt then whats the colour code for it? you only mentioned the abs white being WA

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #83 on: Sat, 19 August 2017, 07:48:19 »
Do we have Dvorak kit support? Maybe an Extra-Homing kit?

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #84 on: Tue, 22 August 2017, 11:19:05 »
Final Update before SP's new quote:

Base:

Addon:

We're targeting a MOQ of 100 for the base, and 50 for the addon kit. Anything lower would mean a cancellation of the buy, more info to come soon on that.

I've linked a Google form where you can include your email and comments so that I can notify you once this goes live, just in case you're someone who doesn't check as much, and with the amount of GBs coming up, this will be one way to keep you guys informed.

GOOGLE FORM:
https://docs.google.com/forms/u/0/d/e/1FAIpQLSfOBlwajYohQYsqJKDHHbISd7FZsnKfIaphPWqLp6s9T0n6YA/viewform?usp=sf_link
« Last Edit: Tue, 22 August 2017, 11:24:51 by beamingrobot »

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #85 on: Tue, 22 August 2017, 11:20:34 »
Do we have Dvorak kit support? Maybe an Extra-Homing kit?
Probably not.

If the addon kit is dyesub pbt then whats the colour code for it? you only mentioned the abs white being WA
GSF on WAN. I'm pushing for doubleshot ABS for the novelties. I'll update the rest of the colour codes on the main page  :thumb:

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #86 on: Wed, 30 August 2017, 22:01:35 »
Nice to receive the email notification that the GB is on. Is there a estimated production/shipment day?

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #87 on: Wed, 30 August 2017, 23:15:10 »
Nice to receive the email notification that the GB is on. Is there a estimated production/shipment day?

On where exactly, if you don't mind my asking? I haven't gotten the email yet it seems.

Found it - https://monokei.us/
« Last Edit: Wed, 30 August 2017, 23:16:56 by Vigrith »

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #88 on: Wed, 30 August 2017, 23:25:56 »
Yea sorry I've been wrangling with shopify's support so I've not had time to update GH. GB thread is awaiting approval, as of now the kits are:

Base: $144
Addons: $75

I know many of us are expecting something cheaper, unfortunately SP's prices are slightly high as well. Hopefully we'll meet the MOQ :)

Oh, KeyForge will be releasing a Orochi and Shishi pair as well which will be raffled separately for two lucky winners :)

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #89 on: Wed, 30 August 2017, 23:27:19 »
Production for DSA is booked till mid OCT from SP's last email. Hopefully we can fit in and have the set with us before Christmas, but I'm not holding my breath. I've been quoted an estimated 6 weeks for production but I foresee it going up to 8 :)

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #90 on: Thu, 31 August 2017, 06:04:17 »
Production for DSA is booked till mid OCT from SP's last email. Hopefully we can fit in and have the set with us before Christmas, but I'm not holding my breath. I've been quoted an estimated 6 weeks for production but I foresee it going up to 8 :)

Nice to know the prices are lower than what they are earlier listed on monokei.us. The timeline seems good to me. It's better to add these timeline info into monokei.us.

Offline flyingalbatross1

« Reply #91 on: Thu, 31 August 2017, 14:54:59 »
How long will the GB page be open for?

Offline beamingrobot

• * Vendor
  • もうけい
    • monokei
« Reply #92 on: Thu, 31 August 2017, 23:57:48 »
hey ya'll GB will be open till the 13th, there's actually way more info on the website, but for some reason it's malfucntioning and the shopify tech team is having trouble working it out. i'll send out another email once it's back to its usual self, thanks for the support so far and i'm still waiting for the GB page to be approved  :p

Offline Moderation Team

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #93 on: Fri, 01 September 2017, 00:28:49 »
GB Thread has been approved:  https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=91338.0

Please continue discussion there.

GLWGB! :thumb: :thumb: