Author Topic: [IC] SA ASTRO | Small Update | 10/22/2017  (Read 37236 times)

Offline ticktwo

• -kbdfan
Re: [IC] SA NASA (Renders Coming Soon!)
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 18 January 2017, 19:53:35 »
white and blue is good combination , interesting

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

HHKB | Leopold FC750R | Mech27 (soon) | TX-75 (soon)

Offline OCloudNine

« Reply #52 on: Thu, 19 January 2017, 16:33:15 »
so... alphas, keypad, and 4 sets of mods all in SA sculpted profile. got it.

That's what we're going for at the moment, almost certainly we will not have 4 sets of modifiers in the group buy, we will leave you guys the community to decide upon what modifiers you want with the set and the keys you would like to see on them. We picked SA as a profile to try and stay as close as we could to the roots in which this set is based off of.

Offline OCloudNine

« Reply #53 on: Thu, 19 January 2017, 19:35:21 »
Renders up 1/19/2017

Offline afrokobe

Re: [IC] SA NASA (Renders Out - 1/19/2017)
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 19 January 2017, 19:55:22 »
That looks awesome

Offline drakeonyou

• facebook
Re: [IC] SA NASA - Renders 1/19/2017
« Reply #55 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 00:44:20 »
Renders look amazing.

Is this on reddit?

Offline __

• Cartel
« Reply #56 on: Fri, 20 January 2017, 04:01:24 »
Renders look amazing.

Is this on reddit?

Not yet, I'm managing the reddit side of this IC and will be posting the renders when I post the new kits and the next poll (hopefully fri-sat it will happen)

Offline alps_ftw

« Reply #57 on: Sat, 21 January 2017, 12:57:56 »
Looks really good. I'm in.

Offline neon_tom

« Reply #58 on: Sat, 21 January 2017, 18:02:55 »
These look really great. Any plans for any compatibility kits? Tsangan/1800/65%/75%?

Offline OCloudNine

« Reply #59 on: Sat, 21 January 2017, 19:48:15 »
These look really great. Any plans for any compatibility kits? Tsangan/1800/65%/75%?

Update coming out in about an hour, should answer all your questions  :thumb:

Offline neon_tom

« Reply #60 on: Sat, 21 January 2017, 21:54:25 »

Update coming out in about an hour, should answer all your questions  :thumb:

Exactly what I wanted to hear ;-)

Offline OCloudNine

Re: [IC] SA NASA Phase II - 1/21/2017
« Reply #61 on: Sat, 21 January 2017, 22:06:18 »
Phase II Update - 1/21/2017

Offline drakeonyou

• facebook
« Reply #62 on: Sat, 21 January 2017, 22:52:29 »
Finished the poll

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #63 on: Sun, 22 January 2017, 10:16:12 »
A bit out of topic: what's the font used for the scribble annotations? The one in blue that looks like handwriting. It's beautiful!

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #64 on: Sun, 22 January 2017, 10:22:26 »
Did you actually talk to SP about creating molds for all those space bars?  I don't know all of the ones don't exist off the top of my head, but for instance I do know that they don't have any 6u SA molds.  Honestly I'd be surprised if they have 5.5u and 6.5u as well.

If you're actually going to get them to create any missing molds then I'll be in just to support that, otherwise you should probably remove those options.

Offline aptivaboy

« Reply #65 on: Sun, 22 January 2017, 13:35:19 »
I will buy this.

Thank you for including the various Mercury, Gemini and Apollo design keys. I love the Gemini logo and will get that!

Bob

Offline __

• Cartel
« Reply #66 on: Sun, 22 January 2017, 14:56:20 »
Did you actually talk to SP about creating molds for all those space bars?  I don't know all of the ones don't exist off the top of my head, but for instance I do know that they don't have any 6u SA molds.  Honestly I'd be surprised if they have 5.5u and 6.5u as well.

If you're actually going to get them to create any missing molds then I'll be in just to support that, otherwise you should probably remove those options.

Yeah, if we have to pull 6u and 5.5u we will - at this point it looks like we'll be pulling them no matter what in fact, they just aren't being represented in a way that suggests they'd reach MOQ, based on the polled feedback so far.

Offline __

• Cartel
« Reply #67 on: Sun, 22 January 2017, 15:01:25 »
A bit out of topic: what's the font used for the scribble annotations? The one in blue that looks like handwriting. It's beautiful!

I used three different fonts for that!

All are available on dafont.com and are in the public domain; links are setup with preview text to reflect the text they were used for on SA NASA mockups:

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #68 on: Mon, 23 January 2017, 12:14:18 »
well, ****. that is a ton more caps. not sure what i am gonna do about these spacebar/blank kits... too many color options and too many keys. i dont think i would ever use all the keys in one of those kits, but definitely need the shorty spacebars for VE.A

Offline OCloudNine

« Reply #69 on: Mon, 23 January 2017, 14:42:07 »
well, ****. that is a ton more caps. not sure what i am gonna do about these spacebar/blank kits... too many color options and too many keys. i dont think i would ever use all the keys in one of those kits, but definitely need the shorty spacebars for VE.A

Hahaha, I know where you're coming from, the pole can be quite overwhelming, vote for your favorites and we will see how things turn out in Phase III!

Thanks for your support - Cloud

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #70 on: Mon, 23 January 2017, 15:01:00 »

Hahaha, I know where you're coming from, the pole can be quite overwhelming, vote for your favorites and we will see how things turn out in Phase III!

really, my problem is that i'm a completionist. it would bug me to just buy a tkl kit when there is so much more available here. i mean, some of these colorways are very hard to find in SA, but would look great with parts of other sets also!

january was a big month for GMK, but i'm sure that i will spend just as much on SA this year...

Offline __

• Cartel
« Reply #71 on: Mon, 23 January 2017, 18:57:56 »

really, my problem is that i'm a completionist. it would bug me to just buy a tkl kit when there is so much more available here. i mean, some of these colorways are very hard to find in SA, but would look great with parts of other sets also!

january was a big month for GMK, but i'm sure that i will spend just as much on SA this year...

Our goal is to make things more manageable for all kinds of buyers, including completionists (speaking as one). We're going to cut down the sets based on the poll's results. So vote for what you think you'd realistically buy/use. Once we wrap up the poll, we're going to extrapolate the vote count to a realistic-ish number of potential buyers/orders and start dropping everything that wouldn't reach an MOQ based on those numbers. From there, we'll take stock of what survived, show the community in a Phase III set of mockups, and build proper order kits to show SP (and possibly other SA manufacturers) to get MOQ pricing for.

Offline lithopedion

« Reply #72 on: Thu, 02 February 2017, 10:41:24 »
Renders look wonderful! Count me in.

Offline m1kehonch0

« Reply #73 on: Thu, 02 February 2017, 12:46:55 »
This is a really cool looking set.

I would get in touch with Signature Plastics. I asked them about a color way yesterday and looks like the SA tooling is booked up for a very long time.

Offline AgilePJ

« Reply #74 on: Thu, 02 February 2017, 12:54:08 »
I read that it was at least a year...seeing as we would have to wait that long anyway, how about red JPL logo as one of the modifiers? 

Offline __

• Cartel
« Reply #75 on: Thu, 02 February 2017, 16:50:35 »
I read that it was at least a year...seeing as we would have to wait that long anyway, how about red JPL logo as one of the modifiers?

That may be a possibility for more unfortunate reasons (we may be losing the NASA Meatball and Worm logos due to NASA Legal not feeling what we're doing.). But we cannot modify the keyset while waiting on our SP place in the queue. Once we do the GB and get in that queue, the set is set.

However, we're trying to get NASA to come around, otherwise we will be swapping out those novelties with some new ones to help make up for the loss and keep the strong tie to NASA.

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #76 on: Thu, 02 February 2017, 16:55:39 »

That may be a possibility for more unfortunate reasons (we may be losing the NASA Meatball and Worm logos due to NASA Legal not feeling what we're doing.). But we cannot modify the keyset while waiting on our SP place in the queue. Once we do the GB and get in that queue, the set is set.

However, we're trying to get NASA to come around, otherwise we will be swapping out those novelties with some new ones to help make up for the loss and keep the strong tie to NASA.

Nooooo! why NASA hope those logos dont fall through...

Offline breusch91

• * Maker
« Reply #77 on: Thu, 02 February 2017, 19:51:45 »

Hey question! Do the white alphas have black legends? If so I'll definitely be in for a set if so since besides SA Round 6b (which has no date) there are no other fully sculpted black on white alphas.

Second thing. Have you thought about propositioning them with a "donation" for the use of the logo? Say each person throws in $10 for every novelty set (don't think that breaks the bank) then that money is donated to NASA. Might get them to come around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline poolside

« Reply #78 on: Fri, 03 February 2017, 16:40:45 »

Hey question! Do the white alphas have black legends? If so I'll definitely be in for a set if so since besides SA Round 6b (which has no date) there are no other fully sculpted black on white alphas.

Second thing. Have you thought about propositioning them with a "donation" for the use of the logo? Say each person throws in $10 for every novelty set (don't think that breaks the bank) then that money is donated to NASA. Might get them to come around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or the Mira logo?

Offline Valaris

« Reply #79 on: Thu, 02 March 2017, 20:55:21 »
How is the poll coming along?

Offline Komatoz

• Click Clackity Away~
    • Komatoz Kaps
« Reply #80 on: Sat, 04 March 2017, 04:22:43 »
Any update?

Im so stoked on this and this is the last bit I need to make my sister's end board!!
Reddit: /u/Komatoz

Offline OCloudNine

« Reply #81 on: Sun, 05 March 2017, 18:22:47 »
Any update?

Im so stoked on this and this is the last bit I need to make my sister's end board!!

Yea an update is coming along, we have been side tracked by college and work between the two of us, but we hope to have a finalized update out soon!  Stay tuned,

Thanks
- Cloud, End

Offline OCloudNine

« Reply #82 on: Sun, 05 March 2017, 18:23:11 »
Any update?

Yea an update is coming along, we have been side tracked by college and work between the two of us, but we hope to have a finalized update out soon!  Stay tuned,

Thanks
- Cloud, End

Offline Komatoz

• Click Clackity Away~
    • Komatoz Kaps
« Reply #83 on: Sun, 05 March 2017, 18:29:04 »
Any update?

Thanks
- Cloud, End

Sweet!!!! Looking forward to it!!!

Im gonna drop SOOOO MUCH MONEY on this keyset its gonna be almost stupid LOL

Offline OCloudNine

« Reply #84 on: Sun, 05 March 2017, 18:31:58 »
Any update?

Thanks
- Cloud, End

Hahaha, I'm in the same boat, the almost finalized sets we have now are beautiful, can't wait for you guys to get your hands on it!

Offline Komatoz

• Click Clackity Away~
    • Komatoz Kaps
« Reply #85 on: Sun, 05 March 2017, 18:43:58 »
Any update?

Thanks
- Cloud, End

Hahaha, I'm in the same boat, the almost finalized sets we have now are beautiful, can't wait for you guys to get your hands on it!
'

gaaahhh cant wait! :)

Offline mniels

« Reply #86 on: Wed, 05 April 2017, 14:02:18 »
This needs to happen, like, I don't know....now?

Offline sungwon

Re: [IC] SA NASA (Massive Update!)
« Reply #87 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 09:07:29 »
Are there any issues with getting this made, you know, with the real NASA?

That's a situation I'm prepping for. Mito was able to make Godspeed happen with a simplified but identifiable version of the NASA logo, so my hopes are we won't have any trouble with them either.

If we do though, then I'd like to at least move forward with the colorways. We can drop the logos if necessary. Of course, that depends on where the community interest would be without the Meatball and Worm keys.
A little bit of Wikipedia surfing revealed what I thought--that as a work of the U.S. government, the NASA logo is in the public domain. However, its use is restricted by 14 CFR 1221 (here: https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/14/1221.110). Paragraph (a)(c)(4) appears to require NASA's permission to use the logo in this way, although I don't know that SP would hold you to that.

Hey, Do you know what is your avatar?
[Imgur](http://i.imgur.com/yb76PD1.jpg)
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 April 2017, 09:10:47 by sungwon »

Offline cynviloq

« Reply #88 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 16:23:44 »

That's a situation I'm prepping for. Mito was able to make Godspeed happen with a simplified but identifiable version of the NASA logo, so my hopes are we won't have any trouble with them either.

If we do though, then I'd like to at least move forward with the colorways. We can drop the logos if necessary. Of course, that depends on where the community interest would be without the Meatball and Worm keys.
A little bit of Wikipedia surfing revealed what I thought--that as a work of the U.S. government, the NASA logo is in the public domain. However, its use is restricted by 14 CFR 1221 (here: https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/14/1221.110). Paragraph (a)(c)(4) appears to require NASA's permission to use the logo in this way, although I don't know that SP would hold you to that.

The rising sun flag is still utilized in modern days by both maritime and ground self-defense forces. I'm not sure what you're trying to start here...

Offline sungwon

« Reply #89 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 18:11:38 »

The rising sun flag is still utilized in modern days by both maritime and ground self-defense forces. I'm not sure what you're trying to start here...

that is the problem.
Germany banned Hakenkreuz, but Japanese never apologize and still use the flag.
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 April 2017, 19:02:56 by sungwon »

Offline atectatifern

« Reply #90 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 22:27:32 »
Edit: let's not get into political discussions. As mentioned, the symbol is used today and there's no ban of either the swastika or the rising sun in the United States, thanks to the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution.

Offline sungwon

« Reply #91 on: Fri, 07 April 2017, 23:42:39 »

Offline joelfong

« Reply #92 on: Sat, 08 April 2017, 11:45:33 »
Seems interesting. Looking forward for more updates!

Offline aptivaboy

« Reply #93 on: Mon, 10 April 2017, 23:02:46 »
That may be a possibility for more unfortunate reasons (we may be losing the NASA Meatball and Worm logos due to NASA Legal not feeling what we're doing.)

Obviously, those of us on the "outside" are not privy to the legal issues. But... As a suggestion, perhaps consider donating a portion of the sales to a NASA-related cause like the Space Shuttle Children's Trust Fund. There have been various charities established to aid the families of fallen astronauts and their dependents. There was talk of disestablishing the fund, which was founded after the deaths of heroes Grissom, White and Chaffee.

Then, Challenger struck.

Then, Columbia.

Even a token gesture along these lines might, just might, open some doors. Just something to think about. Perhaps add a donation link along with the purchase links on Massdrop or wherever. NASA respects it's history. A small thing like this might have an impact.

Thank you for listening.

Bob

Offline myoung34

« Reply #94 on: Thu, 13 April 2017, 09:48:30 »
Im in as soon as its live!

Offline OCloudNine

« Reply #95 on: Thu, 13 April 2017, 11:52:41 »

Offline TheHye

« Reply #96 on: Sun, 16 April 2017, 01:43:31 »
This is an awesome set man.

Offline breckstar

Offline OCloudNine

Re: [IC] SA NASA | Update is coming soon | 7/20/2017
« Reply #98 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 14:24:10 »
A short update from the team. Check Main page :)

Offline bciamny

Re: [IC] SA NASA | Update is coming soon | 7/20/2017
« Reply #99 on: Thu, 20 July 2017, 15:21:17 »
aw man, i'm so glad to see this moving forward :)