Author Topic: [GB] DSA LightCycle (again) - Shipping 100% complete  (Read 121364 times)

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
Re: [GB] DSA LightCycle (again) - Shipping 100% complete
« Reply #500 on: Sat, 12 August 2017, 10:20:25 »
So if I understand correctly if you buy Matias wires/stabilizer pack you don't have to do any wire surgery to get these to work?

No, you will still have to modify the stabilizers.  The problem is that the caps use cherry posts and they are further towards the main stem than alps stabilizer mounts.  You can certainly do it, just takes patience and two sets of good pliers, probably at least one of which should be rounded/needle nosed

Offline zslane

« Reply #501 on: Sat, 12 August 2017, 11:51:49 »
Matias stabilizer wires aren't a perfect fit, period. You'll have to do something to relieve the binding that the wires create due to their "arm" length. You will also need to jury rig a 2.75u stabilizer wire, probably from an extra spacebar wire.

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #502 on: Mon, 14 August 2017, 02:56:22 »
Were international orders declared at full value and had an invoice inside? I just want to make sure I don't look like an idiot when I'll have to pick it up.
Soooo, I'll probably have to go there today or tomorrow and it would be great if I knew what's the case.

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #503 on: Mon, 14 August 2017, 12:22:05 »
Were international orders declared at full value and had an invoice inside? I just want to make sure I don't look like an idiot when I'll have to pick it up.
Soooo, I'll probably have to go there today or tomorrow and it would be great if I knew what's the case.

full value, no invoice inside, only info is on the shipping label on the front

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #504 on: Mon, 14 August 2017, 12:28:50 »

Thanks for the info.

For future shipments to germany it would be great if you could include an invoice in the box or even better on the outside (in theses glue-on plastic bag thingies like switchtop does it).
Apparently they started caring about that a lot recently and I had to go to the customs office very often lately because of that.
If there is an invoice inside they sometimes open it and do the customs stuff right away so I can get it delivered and pay at the door, if not, I at least don't have to bring a physical copy of my PayPal confirmation.
If there is an invoice on the outside though it's basically guaranteed that they will do the customs stuff for me so I can get it delivered and pay at the door.

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #505 on: Mon, 14 August 2017, 13:38:02 »

Thanks for the info.

For future shipments to germany it would be great if you could include an invoice in the box or even better on the outside (in theses glue-on plastic bag thingies like switchtop does it).
Apparently they started caring about that a lot recently and I had to go to the customs office very often lately because of that.
If there is an invoice inside they sometimes open it and do the customs stuff right away so I can get it delivered and pay at the door, if not, I at least don't have to bring a physical copy of my PayPal confirmation.
If there is an invoice on the outside though it's basically guaranteed that they will do the customs stuff for me so I can get it delivered and pay at the door.

good to know, thanks for the info

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #506 on: Fri, 18 August 2017, 08:56:09 »
Just picked mine up from the customs office, apparently keycaps count as plastic parts and have to be taxed differently from keyboards which are free from extra taxes (other than VAT), this extra 40€ ($47 as of right now) kinda made this an insanely expensive keyset :(

Well, enough whining, I'm missing the 1.5u? "Disk" key, the one that's not crossed out here:

How would I go on about getting that (order #1907, btw)? Should I just shoot you an e-mail?

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #507 on: Fri, 18 August 2017, 15:12:04 »
Just picked mine up from the customs office, apparently keycaps count as plastic parts and have to be taxed differently from keyboards which are free from extra taxes (other than VAT), this extra 40€ ($47 as of right now) kinda made this an insanely expensive keyset :(

Well, enough whining, I'm missing the 1.5u? "Disk" key, the one that's not crossed out here:
Show Image

How would I go on about getting that (order #1907, btw)? Should I just shoot you an e-mail?

I'm not sure I understand the extra tax, is there anyway around it??

this key failed to be produced. The good news is that I have already contacted SP and they have produced that key and they are currently on the way to me. I will be shipping those out as soon as they arrive.

Offline FearsomeCubedWarrior

« Reply #508 on: Fri, 18 August 2017, 15:28:47 »
Ok, got it from my proxy and almost ready to finally finish that ALPS64 project that's been hanging around for almost a year.

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #509 on: Fri, 18 August 2017, 15:46:02 »

There are two legal ways. Either if it's combined with other keyboard parts and not as an extra point on the invoice, or if it was under 150€ using the conversion rate at the day I picked it up (shipping counts towards the taxed price btw.), it was at ~151€ though, so I had top notch luck once again. (See my luck continuing on my BananaSplit tracking http://puu.sh/xdxOX/353024c2f4.png can't wait to see how that turns out)

this key failed to be produced. The good news is that I have already contacted SP and they have produced that key and they are currently on the way to me. I will be shipping those out as soon as they arrive.

Got it, thanks for the answer :thumb:

Offline daaawooo

« Reply #510 on: Sat, 19 August 2017, 07:29:33 »
apparently keycaps count as plastic parts and have to be taxed differently from keyboards which are free from extra taxes
damn, that's bad news ... I still have a few keycap sets from MD in the cue.
was the LightCycle-shipping a plastic bag, a paper bag or a real box ?

if it's combined with other keyboard parts and not as an extra point on the invoice
so in the future the sender should include a cheap resistor or diode with the keycap set and state it as "kit of computer parts" on the invoice ;-)
Perixx PX-5200 BR, KBP-V60-MTS-Q, SS 6G V2

Offline Blazestorm

« Reply #511 on: Sat, 19 August 2017, 15:22:35 »

There are two legal ways. Either if it's combined with other keyboard parts and not as an extra point on the invoice, or if it was under 150€ using the conversion rate at the day I picked it up (shipping counts towards the taxed price btw.), it was at ~151€ though, so I had top notch luck once again. (See my luck continuing on my BananaSplit tracking http://puu.sh/xdxOX/353024c2f4.png can't wait to see how that turns out)

Got it, thanks for the answer :thumb:

Seems like you should be taxed on only the amount over $150, not just when you pass that threshold.

i.e. you'd pay the tax on $1, not $151.

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #512 on: Sat, 19 August 2017, 16:22:01 »
apparently keycaps count as plastic parts and have to be taxed differently from keyboards which are free from extra taxes
damn, that's bad news ... I still have a few keycap sets from MD in the cue.
was the LightCycle-shipping a plastic bag, a paper bag or a real box ?

Ziplock bag in a small cardboard box.

Seems like you should be taxed on only the amount over $150, not just when you pass that threshold.

i.e. you'd pay the tax on $1, not $151.

Not in germany, they gotta get that sweet money somehow.
It's just set that everything worth under 150€ only gets hit by VAT, but as soon as it's over 150€ they will also add the customs rates, if applicable.
The best thing is how the end fee is calculated:
(Final invoice price with shipping)*(customs rate)=customs charge
((Final invoice price with shipping)+(customs charge))*(VAT rate)=VAT charge
(Customs charge)+(VAT charge)=(amount you pay to get the package)
If it's shipped via DHL express, FedEx, UPS, (add a few more express services here) you'll also pay a handling fee or processing fee or stuff like that.
Great isn't it?

Offline daaawooo

« Reply #513 on: Sun, 20 August 2017, 14:41:55 »
cardboard box
I believe customs assumes the choice of a cardboard box speaks for higher value item inside.

With my last 2 shipments via DHL Express from China "German customs clearance" was done in china. An additional ad-hoc check maybe possible in Germany.
DHL Express did not open the shipment (one was a DHL-airliftbag with cardboard box inside, one a cardboard box) or even open the plastic envelope with customs form outside the parcel to check if value is below 150 EUR or 22 EUR.
For bigger products shipping via DHL Express is not much pricier.

But I always calculate the final price of an item with VAT and customs rate for me before buying and so it can only become cheaper if customs doesn't check it.
Perixx PX-5200 BR, KBP-V60-MTS-Q, SS 6G V2

« Reply #514 on: Sun, 20 August 2017, 15:15:24 »
Spent 2 hours sanding down the corners of the stems with dremel.
I don't understand two things: why there's opening in the middle of the stem that makes it more brittle and why corners are not rounded initially during casting. Stock keycaps are not reusable not only for Matias switches, but getting it off white SKCM is total PITA as well.
But that's SP issue. The colorway is perfectly designed and I love it. And my wife claimed that 60% KB I'm assembling for herself, so that does mean something.

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #515 on: Mon, 21 August 2017, 09:04:41 »
for anyone who ordered an Alps base set. I got the missing 1.5 disk keys from SP and have sent out to all but 9 orders which will be finished up tonight.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #516 on: Mon, 21 August 2017, 10:13:28 »
for anyone who ordered an Alps base set. I got the missing 1.5 disk keys from SP and have sent out to all but 9 orders which will be finished up tonight.

Offline CampAsAChamp

• Absolutely Nasty
« Reply #517 on: Mon, 21 August 2017, 18:17:51 »
Put the DSA Granite Alphas on my board, and I love the look of it currently. Gonna try my Decked Out set after.

Offline KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴
« Reply #518 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 09:16:17 »
Finally built my ALPS VE.A, and slapped dis dream set on  :p ~ careful for anyone that ordered ALPS -- I broke a 1.25u keycap when pulling it out :( I love the set though, thanks, evangs!

∴∵∴◇Time TKL--VE.A--F&T 1916--Cajal--Octagon v2◇∴∵∴

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #519 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 09:34:39 »
Finally built my ALPS VE.A, and slapped dis dream set on  :p ~ careful for anyone that ordered ALPS -- I broke a 1.25u keycap when pulling it out :( I love the set though, thanks, evangs!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

wow.  this looks quite amazing!

Offline Kavik

« Reply #520 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 10:24:50 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I think we have a winner! This is the best LightCycle keyboard I've seen.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴
« Reply #521 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 11:47:17 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

wow.  this looks quite amazing!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I think we have a winner! This is the best LightCycle keyboard I've seen.

awe thx fellas ~ it really is a nice pairing!  :thumb:
∴∵∴◇Time TKL--VE.A--F&T 1916--Cajal--Octagon v2◇∴∵∴

Offline poolside

« Reply #522 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 17:49:49 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Ouch, this does look very nice! I am saving these pictures to my personal keyboard archive.
A silver SATA cable would maybe make it perfect.

Offline Blazestorm

« Reply #523 on: Thu, 24 August 2017, 21:46:33 »

Got mine, Thanks =)

Offline TheEerieCold

« Reply #524 on: Sat, 26 August 2017, 16:18:06 »
As promised...

Matrix Abel+ Ver.Dark / Matrix 8XV2.0 (Red) / Matrix 8XV2.2 (Blue) / Matrix 8XV2.2 (Caustic Custom) / Matrix Noah / Matrix Abel X RX-178 Ver.CA / Matrix 8XV2.0 ADD (Silver) / Matrix Falcon (Nebula) / Matrix Vita (McFlurry) / Matrix ME SE (McFlurry)

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #525 on: Sat, 26 August 2017, 16:32:02 »
As promised...

Show Image

Show Image

Ohlord

Offline Blazestorm

« Reply #526 on: Sat, 26 August 2017, 22:39:28 »
Stuck my MX set on an AMJ40 I just built... I'm not very good at typing on a 40%, even though the main alphas are in the same spot my brain keeps shifting my right hand in the wrong spot.

And pictures are a little blurry, handheld...

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #527 on: Wed, 30 August 2017, 05:19:31 »
Finally got LightCycle today. My Ergodox is taken into the Grid. 

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #528 on: Wed, 30 August 2017, 07:09:00 »
Finally got LightCycle today. My Ergodox is taken into the Grid. 

Show Image

Looks good!

Offline Miotch92

« Reply #529 on: Sat, 09 September 2017, 02:55:58 »
I'm glad your set came to fruition!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Offline zslane

« Reply #530 on: Sat, 09 September 2017, 17:37:08 »
Out of curiosity, has anyone put LightCycle DSA onto a Filco Majestouch-2 full size keyboard?

Offline nightdriver

• life is like t. rex
« Reply #531 on: Tue, 12 September 2017, 13:35:32 »
Out of curiosity, has anyone put LightCycle DSA onto a Filco Majestouch-2 full size keyboard?

on my mj2 tkl.  why do you ask?

Offline zslane

« Reply #532 on: Tue, 12 September 2017, 15:50:47 »
Well, I am putting a LightCycle set on a full-size Majestouch-2 as a birthday gift for a friend, and I was wondering if it could be described as "one of a kind; the only one in the world," or not. :D

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #533 on: Wed, 13 September 2017, 00:45:06 »
If anyone has the ALPS set and can be willing to part with the numpad portion... please let me know!
I need it to build my roadkit!
-Dana

Offline Kavik

« Reply #534 on: Wed, 13 September 2017, 07:52:21 »
If anyone has the ALPS set and can be willing to part with the numpad portion... please let me know!

I don't think I need mine. I'll check on it after work and message you.

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #535 on: Wed, 13 September 2017, 14:47:07 »

That would be so awesome if you could spare selling it! Let me know. Happy to toss in some free stickers in thanks as well. :-*
-Dana

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #536 on: Wed, 13 September 2017, 16:09:57 »

That would be so awesome if you could spare selling it! Let me know. Happy to toss in some free stickers in thanks as well. :-*

I probably have numpad from the replacements kit if the deal above falls through.

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #537 on: Thu, 14 September 2017, 00:54:16 »

I probably have numpad from the replacements kit if the deal above falls through.

Oh sweet! Yeah if Kavik wants to pass i'll let you know. I needed to follow up with you on some info anyway so i'll check in this weekend.
Thanks!
-Dana

Offline Kavik

« Reply #538 on: Thu, 14 September 2017, 18:21:24 »

Oh sweet! Yeah if Kavik wants to pass i'll let you know. I needed to follow up with you on some info anyway so i'll check in this weekend.
Thanks!

Hey, sorry for the delay. I didn't get a chance to sort through my caps yesterday. I've sent you a PM.

« Reply #539 on: Thu, 07 December 2017, 13:05:14 »
Slowpoke submission.

Offline Kavik

« Reply #540 on: Thu, 07 December 2017, 14:19:17 »
Slowpoke submission.

Show Image

Wow, the color of that case is perfect for these! It reminds me of my ice blue Game Boy Pocket.

Offline bovineblitz

« Reply #541 on: Mon, 05 February 2018, 15:33:25 »
Ah man I just committed to building an ALPS Neutrino.  If anyone has an extra ALPs set they'd like to unload, let me know.
Magicforce 68 with speed coppers
Custom TKL with ergo clears
Das Model S
TKL with Outemu blues
In progress: Click-modded cream ALPS Neutrino build

Offline Kavik

« Reply #542 on: Mon, 05 February 2018, 18:59:10 »
Ah man I just committed to building an ALPS Neutrino.  If anyone has an extra ALPs set they'd like to unload, let me know.

You might send a PM to Evangs. I believe he had ordered some extra ALPs sets in case anyone needed replacements. Since it's several months later, those may be up for grabs now. I could be entirely wrong though.

Offline bovineblitz

« Reply #543 on: Mon, 05 February 2018, 19:47:24 »

You might send a PM to Evangs. I believe he had ordered some extra ALPs sets in case anyone needed replacements. Since it's several months later, those may be up for grabs now. I could be entirely wrong though.

I'll give it a shot, thanks!

Edit: No such luck, can't say I'm surprised given how nice it looks
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 February 2018, 03:07:37 by bovineblitz »
Magicforce 68 with speed coppers
Custom TKL with ergo clears
Das Model S
TKL with Outemu blues
In progress: Click-modded cream ALPS Neutrino build

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #544 on: Thu, 22 February 2018, 21:09:26 »
Might be of interest to people with the Alps version of these caps:

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=45456.msg2565594#msg2565594

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
« Reply #545 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 02:36:12 »

Wait but the whole point is that it converts from alps to cherry. Wouldn't they need the cherry keycaps. 

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #546 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 07:58:51 »

Wait but the whole point is that it converts from alps to cherry. Wouldn't they need the cherry keycaps.

I was referring to the stabilizer inserts. Sorry, should have made that more clear