Author Topic: [GB]Revo RJ kit hhkb layout custom(waiting to ship out)  (Read 258832 times)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
Re: [GB]Revo RJ kit hhkb layout custom(in production)
« Reply #450 on: Fri, 16 June 2017, 22:51:02 »
Let me know if anyone is looking to sell their spot. Been away for a bit but would love to get one of these.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Good Luck,mate

I like this center comma
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #451 on: Wed, 21 June 2017, 00:43:53 »
Can not wait for this. Sooooo stoked.

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #452 on: Wed, 21 June 2017, 09:53:16 »
Transfer is open and all transfer should go through me. Btw,You guys have to make up your mind of the colors now. No color change after 1st July.

Thanks guys ;D

Offline smittysteve

• Tea > Coffee. Clack > Thwock.
« Reply #453 on: Wed, 21 June 2017, 09:57:45 »
Getting excited to meet RJ, Raymond!

The Revo numpad went up on Massdrop today. Can you please tell us how close of a match that will be (size and colors) to the RJ?

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #454 on: Wed, 21 June 2017, 10:28:46 »

The Revo numpad went up on Massdrop today. Can you please tell us how close of a match that will be (size and colors) to the RJ?

Well, that keypad is not designed to pair with RJ. And the color is different. Size is also very different,the keypad is better pair with a TKL. Also it used another CNC and anode factory,so it's quite different. But i think black silver are very close.

I know i am not suppose to say dont buy it. But if you want to pair with RJ it's not a perfect choice. However your questions makes me thinking about doing one keypad to pair with RJ. We can have a small buy if there's demand.

Have a good one,steve

Offline N0GLUT0N

« Reply #455 on: Wed, 21 June 2017, 10:32:04 »

Well, that keypad is not designed to pair with RJ. And the color is different. Size is also very different,the keypad is better pair with a TKL. Also it used another CNC and anode factory,so it's quite different. But i think black silver are very close.

I know i am not suppose to say dont buy it. But if you want to pair with RJ it's not a perfect choice. However your questions makes me thinking about doing one keypad to pair with RJ. We can have a small buy if there's demand.

Have a good one,steve

+1 for keypad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Jedi

Offline smittysteve

« Reply #457 on: Wed, 21 June 2017, 11:08:20 »

Have a good one,steve

+1 for keypad

Thanks Raymond! Should have noticed that, of course the dimensions are closer to Dr. D than RJ.

I'd definitely be down for a matching RJ keypad. That combination would be pretty tough to get off my desk... RJ for daily love and some numbers to bust out for the delightfulness that is quarter end.

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #458 on: Wed, 21 June 2017, 11:14:29 »

Thanks Raymond! Should have noticed that, of course the dimensions are closer to Dr. D than RJ.

I'd definitely be down for a matching RJ keypad. That combination would be pretty tough to get off my desk... RJ for daily love and some numbers to bust out for the delightfulness that is quarter end.

Well anyway it have to wait till RJ is finished and all. I am thinking something really small right now. Maybe just for RJ's buyer as well. One small run within RJ's GB.

But right now, i am hoping my keypad doing good on Massdrop. Haha

Going to bed, talk later my friend. :D

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #459 on: Wed, 21 June 2017, 16:12:47 »
Transfer is open and all transfer should go through me. Btw,You guys have to make up your mind of the colors now. No color change after 1st July.

Thanks guys ;D
Oh man... I THINK I may happy with my color haha

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline gnmar2723

« Reply #460 on: Wed, 21 June 2017, 20:20:27 »
I think a smaller numpad/macropad would be very cool! (only 5 rows tall instead of six)

Also, PM'D about a color change.

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #461 on: Wed, 21 June 2017, 21:11:37 »
I think a smaller numpad/macropad would be very cool! (only 5 rows tall instead of six)

I have got your PM. will you please send it again,sir?

If i am doing a pad to pair RJ,it will be small. 5 rows like you said.

Offline gnmar2723

« Reply #462 on: Wed, 21 June 2017, 21:32:47 »

I have got your PM. will you please send it again,sir?

If i am doing a pad to pair RJ,it will be small. 5 rows like you said.

Super!! Can't wait for the pad! I just sent the PM now; it took me a little bit to write since I got side tracked.

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #463 on: Wed, 21 June 2017, 21:36:30 »

Super!! Can't wait for the pad! I just sent the PM now; it took me a little bit to write since I got side tracked.

Pad will have to wait,my friend. Now my priority is making RJ worth the money you guys spend on it.

Btw,your color change is not a problem. I have replied your pm.

Offline Fausuto

« Reply #464 on: Wed, 21 June 2017, 23:02:49 »
Somebody want to sell their spot? So I can get in on the pad! :P

Offline midnight2903

« Reply #465 on: Wed, 21 June 2017, 23:25:35 »
So excited now! BTW I pm'd you about a color change haha XD

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #466 on: Wed, 21 June 2017, 23:32:36 »
So excited now! BTW I pm'd you about a color change haha XD
Got it ;D ;D ;D

Offline midnight2903

« Reply #467 on: Wed, 21 June 2017, 23:33:32 »

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #468 on: Sun, 02 July 2017, 11:28:26 »
Hi Everyone

A little update here. We have finished the CNC for RJ. But there will be a delay because we have made a decision to use a improved polish shop.

This is something new we just tried and this polish is really good. Although this will cost more money than excepted but we just want to use the best we could.Anyway i won't charge you guys anything but unfortunately this is done by hands so there will be a delay. I am not sure how long at this moment,i assume it will be a month at top.

Here are some pictures of a sample we tried. All RJ kits will be polished like this:
172097-0
172099-1

If you have any question about this you can always send me a pm. I may not post in this thread that often but i am always on GH.

Offline smittysteve

« Reply #469 on: Sun, 02 July 2017, 11:43:20 »
Hi Everyone

A little update here. We have finished the CNC for RJ. But there will be a delay because we have made a decision to use a improved polish shop.

This is something new we just tried and this polish is really good. Although this will cost more money than excepted but we just want to use the best we could.Anyway i won't charge you guys anything but unfortunately this is done by hands so there will be a delay. I am not sure how long at this moment,i assume it will be a month at top.

Here are some pictures of a sample we tried. All RJ kits will be polished like this:
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

If you have any question about this you can always send me a pm. I may not post in this thread that often but i am always on GH.

Dang, Raymond- you never cease to amaze!! That polished finish looks amazing. Thanks for the update and for always thinking of quality first. No doubts about this being phenomenal when all is said and done.

My only question is what the colors will look like with the polish finish...? Of course, looks sick on silver, but can't quite picture a mirror finish on black or pink. Any samples of that?

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #470 on: Sun, 02 July 2017, 12:02:54 »

Dang, Raymond- you never cease to amaze!! That polished finish looks amazing. Thanks for the update and for always thinking of quality first. No doubts about this being phenomenal when all is said and done.

My only question is what the colors will look like with the polish finish...? Of course, looks sick on silver, but can't quite picture a mirror finish on black or pink. Any samples of that?

I am not quite understand your question. As for the colors, this wont change the colors. This just give us the ability to use smaller sand and make the anode layer even more smoother and better looking. So it's like a better surface for the board. And this doesnt influence the coloring procedure so the color will be the same.
Hope this is can help you my friend. And have a good one. Haha :p

Offline smittysteve

« Reply #471 on: Sun, 02 July 2017, 12:09:03 »

I am not quite understand your question. As for the colors, this wont change the colors. This just give us the ability to use smaller sand and make the anode layer even more smoother and better looking. So it's like a better surface for the board. And this doesnt influence the coloring procedure so the color will be the same.
Hope this is can help you my friend. And have a good one. Haha :p

Sorry- didn't ask that very well.

Just wondering if it will be a shiny mirror finish and smooth feeling over the colors (think new red Ferrari) instead of the more matte feel and slightly rough finish we are all used to with standard ano processing.

Thank you too, my friend! Have a great weekend.

Offline LDobler

« Reply #472 on: Sun, 02 July 2017, 12:09:12 »
Wow! I'm impressed!

Looking forward to get my hands on this board :eek:

Apple anode quality AND a polished finish 😍

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #473 on: Sun, 02 July 2017, 12:31:36 »

Just wondering if it will be a shiny mirror finish and smooth feeling over the colors (think new red Ferrari) instead of the more matte feel and slightly rough finish we are all used to with standard ano processing.

I still need to improve my English is all. But if you are thinking a new red Ferrari,this is not that case. I think cars have a paint layer on top of the anode layer but keyboards dont have it(i am not sure about it,i dont know how cars are made). We still need to sandblast it so you will still see the sand,just smaller than usual.This will definitely lose all the machine marks so this can have a perfect surface. Normally we just roughly polish it and sandblast can cover most of the machine marks but sometimes you can see some of those. This mirror like polish will get rid of all the machine marks.
I am not sure if i explain this clearly,but ask me anything you dont understand
Btw, we are trying something new about the Alu coating,maybe you'll like it. Stay tuned.
Have a nice weekend!

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #474 on: Sun, 02 July 2017, 12:32:35 »
Wow! I'm impressed!

Looking forward to get my hands on this board :eek:

Apple anode quality AND a polished finish 😍

Thank you,sir
I hope i can get it done sooner. Thank you for your patience.

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #475 on: Sun, 02 July 2017, 12:33:40 »
I am going to bed now,It's 1:31 here. Will answer all the questions tomorrow. Have a good day everyone!

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #476 on: Sun, 02 July 2017, 12:47:09 »
Hi Everyone

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Is that a brass weight on the bottom?

Offline theillumedpanda

• Don't point that gun at me - I'm an unpaid intern!
« Reply #477 on: Sun, 02 July 2017, 12:56:54 »
Revo, please say that there are people out there, who have yet to pay and I can jump on the hype train. I really like how much effort you put into RJ.

Offline Perfex

« Reply #478 on: Sun, 02 July 2017, 13:12:15 »

Well anyway it have to wait till RJ is finished and all. I am thinking something really small right now. Maybe just for RJ's buyer as well. One small run within RJ's GB.

But right now, i am hoping my keypad doing good on Massdrop. Haha

Going to bed, talk later my friend. :D

I will be definitely down for a matching num pad, I really can't imagine that anyone who purchased this board would not be :D

Offline smittysteve

« Reply #479 on: Sun, 02 July 2017, 13:12:22 »

I still need to improve my English is all. But if you are thinking a new red Ferrari,this is not that case. I think cars have a paint layer on top of the anode layer but keyboards dont have it(i am not sure about it,i dont know how cars are made). We still need to sandblast it so you will still see the sand,just smaller than usual.This will definitely lose all the machine marks so this can have a perfect surface. Normally we just roughly polish it and sandblast can cover most of the machine marks but sometimes you can see some of those. This mirror like polish will get rid of all the machine marks.
I am not sure if i explain this clearly,but ask me anything you dont understand
Btw, we are trying something new about the Alu coating,maybe you'll like it. Stay tuned.
Have a nice weekend!

All good, I need to improve my English as well! :)

Sounds freaking brilliant. I cannot wait for this board to ship. 100% trust your artistic direction of this bad boy. Keep it up, my friend- RJ will be an instant classic.

Offline Perfex

« Reply #480 on: Sun, 02 July 2017, 13:15:41 »
Hi Everyone

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

That looks to be another case, pretty sure a weight was descussed during the interest check and decided against.

Offline Kafka

• i like clean things
« Reply #481 on: Sun, 02 July 2017, 13:16:48 »

The polish isn't for finish; think of it like sanding down wood before staining, or adding primer before painting something. It aids the annode in color reproduction, allows smaller beads for anode (smoother finish), and more consistency across the surface. The finish will be normal anode-like, not glossy. Hope that helps :thumb:

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #482 on: Sun, 02 July 2017, 13:18:06 »
Hi Everyone

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

That looks to be another case, pretty sure a weight was descussed during the interest check and decided against.
Ahh you are right. Looks like a 65% case. Must be a proto. Damn.. I got excited

Offline smittysteve

« Reply #483 on: Sun, 02 July 2017, 13:18:29 »

The polish isn't for finish; think of it like sanding down wood before staining, or adding primer before painting something. It aids the annode in color reproduction, allows smaller beads for anode (smoother finish), and more consistency across the surface. The finish will be normal anode-like, not glossy. Hope that helps :thumb:

Aah, that totally makes sense. Sounds like it will make for a wicked finish. Thanks for the input, appreciate it!! :)

Offline smittysteve

« Reply #484 on: Sun, 02 July 2017, 13:20:46 »
Hi Everyone

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Ahh you are right. Looks like a 65% case. Must be a proto. Damn.. I got excited

Its no joke though- that engraved brass weight looks deeeeeee-licious!!!

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #485 on: Sun, 02 July 2017, 21:29:13 »

It's another board. Maybe i will do a GB one day,or not. Anyway,stay tuned. I have to make RJ the best we ever made for now.

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #486 on: Sun, 02 July 2017, 21:30:18 »
Revo, please say that there are people out there, who have yet to pay and I can jump on the hype train. I really like how much effort you put into RJ.
I'll let you know if there is a spot opened. Right now there is no one want to transfer their spot.

Offline cherpalla

« Reply #487 on: Mon, 03 July 2017, 11:50:39 »
Put me on the waiting list, too, please!
c h e r

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #488 on: Mon, 03 July 2017, 12:00:20 »
I'll let you know if there is a spot opened. Right now there is no one want to transfer their spot.
Revo, did Originative.co order any extras to sell?

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #489 on: Mon, 03 July 2017, 22:18:14 »

Okay,you are on the waiting list now,sir.

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #490 on: Mon, 03 July 2017, 22:20:14 »
Revo, did Originative.co order any extras to sell?
No,there will 0 leftovers for sell.But he ordered one for himself. :D :D :D

Offline slushi

« Reply #491 on: Mon, 03 July 2017, 22:42:18 »

Me too please, kind sir.

HHKB Pro 2

Offline Robotical

« Reply #492 on: Mon, 03 July 2017, 22:42:37 »

Add me as well please!

Offline Fausuto

« Reply #493 on: Mon, 03 July 2017, 22:43:05 »
Me too!

Offline RevoTeam

• * Maker
« Reply #494 on: Mon, 03 July 2017, 23:06:33 »
Me too!

You are on! sir ;D

Add me as well please!

On it now,sir :D

Me too please, kind sir.

OK,You are on,good sir.

Offline AlexG

« Reply #495 on: Tue, 04 July 2017, 23:21:28 »
I'll pick up someones kit if they need to transfer it to anyone.

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #496 on: Wed, 12 July 2017, 12:00:56 »
Hi,Everyone

This is something we have all been waiting for.I am so hyped to say we are alive now!

Some of you may not familiar with this,see IC thread:                               
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=86279.0

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

MOQ:
50 kits in total

Features:
Aluminum 6063
Macbook level anode
ISO support
8 degree slope
Fully Programmable
Full LED backlighting

The kit will include:

Upper and lower case
Plate(one alu,one PC)
PCB
Acylic diffuser
Titanium Screws and rubber mat
Screw-in Stabs made by REVO(need 100 order or more)

Case Colors:
Black
SILVER
PINK
GRAY
BLUE-GRAY

Time-line:
Lead time: About 3 month.
GB and payment start 7th April and end in 21th April.
CNC start by the end of April and will be finish before June (color can be changed before anode)
Anode start in early June and finish in June.
Packing and shipping in July.
I can't promise it won't be delay,but i will do my best to avoid any kind of delay.

Price:
$350 each kit
Shipping:$50 for one kit( worldwide with tracking ) $85 for 2 kits,etc
Paypal fee:5%($20 for one kit,)

About payment: If someone can't pay it before GB ends.You can pm me and put down a $50 deposit(nonrefundable) and have 2 more weeks to pay. If you can't pay in one months then i will not refund the $50 deposit and sell your spot. There will be no way to transfer your spot if you just put down the deposit.

About the Apple anode. We use the factory that anode Macbook not iphone. And the color is not the same as Apple product. But i can say the quality is there.We are using the samething doing Macbook. Just want to make sure we don't have any problem. If you are looking for iphone level that nobody can do.

A special box will be made for this kit(if we can hit moq).
Screw-in stabs(Made by Revo) will be given if we hit 100 kits

Order here:
https://goo.gl/forms/NNMFcEth0FAM9Vlv2
North America buyer can go here to save some shipping cost: https://originative.co/products/revo-hhkb-rj-kit

So are you making fake versions of my work and posting it here?

https://geekhack.org/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=88750.0;attach=165096;image

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #497 on: Wed, 12 July 2017, 12:30:21 »
Hi,Everyone

This is something we have all been waiting for.I am so hyped to say we are alive now!

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

MOQ:
50 kits in total

Features:
Aluminum 6063
Macbook level anode
ISO support
8 degree slope
Fully Programmable
Full LED backlighting

The kit will include:

Upper and lower case
Plate(one alu,one PC)
PCB
Acylic diffuser

Case Colors:
Black
SILVER
PINK
GRAY
BLUE-GRAY

Time-line:
CNC start by the end of April and will be finish before June (color can be changed before anode)
I can't promise it won't be delay,but i will do my best to avoid any kind of delay.

Price:
$350 each kit

About payment: If someone can't pay it before GB ends.You can pm me and put down a $50 deposit(nonrefundable) and have 2 more weeks to pay. If you can't pay in one months then i will not refund the $50 deposit and sell your spot. There will be no way to transfer your spot if you just put down the deposit.

About the Apple anode. We use the factory that anode Macbook not iphone. And the color is not the same as Apple product. But i can say the quality is there.We are using the samething doing Macbook. Just want to make sure we don't have any problem. If you are looking for iphone level that nobody can do.

Order here:
North America buyer can go here to save some shipping cost: https://originative.co/products/revo-hhkb-rj-kit

https://geekhack.org/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=88750.0;attach=165096;image

Hold your horses there, bud.

Making accusations like that on a public thread doesn't do anything unless you're trying to stir up trouble.

That picture was not taken by Revo (Raymond), from what I recall it was someone who purchased his board via the original small group buy, and posted the pictures on a website.

Raymond is a pretty honest guy, in fact he tries his best to ensure his stuff isn't a replica of other things.

Apologies if my tone seems rude, I just can't believe how easily people attack each other before talking via pm. Especially Raymond of all people. He's a very upfront and honest person.

TLDR; He didn't copy your artisans, he doesn't make any.

*Edited a few things for clarity since I was in a rush.
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 July 2017, 12:36:12 by Unforgivable »

Offline smittysteve

« Reply #498 on: Wed, 12 July 2017, 12:33:39 »
Hi,Everyone

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

MOQ:
50 kits in total

Features:
Aluminum 6063
Macbook level anode
ISO support
8 degree slope
Fully Programmable
Full LED backlighting

The kit will include:

Upper and lower case
Plate(one alu,one PC)
PCB
Acylic diffuser

Case Colors:
Black
SILVER
PINK
GRAY
BLUE-GRAY

Time-line:

Price:
$350 each kit

Order here:

Making accusations like that on a public thread doesn't anything unless you're trying to start trouble.

That picture was not taken by Revo (Raymond), from what I recall it was someone who purchased his board via the original small group buy, and posted the pictures on a website.

Raymond is a pretty honest guy, in fact he tries his best to ensure his stuff isn't a replica of other things.

Apologies if my tone seems rude, I just can't believe how easily people attack each other on GeekHack. Especially Raymond of all people. He's a very upfront and honest person.

Well said, Unforgivable!!

Raymond is a stand up guy and I've never seen him offer any caps anywhere- only kick ass boards.

Offline Michael

• Formerly Bro Caps
  • * Maker
  • REEEeeeeEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee
« Reply #499 on: Wed, 12 July 2017, 12:40:12 »

Making accusations like that on a public thread doesn't do anything unless you're trying to stir up trouble.

Apologies if my tone seems rude, I just can't believe how easily people attack each other before talking via pm. Especially Raymond of all people. He's a very upfront and honest person.

TLDR; He didn't copy your artisans, he doesn't make any.

*Edited a few things for clarity since I was in a rush.

I think your horses are the ones that need holding, here. I am asking a question, openly. I know my own work, and I can spot a fake.
It's a valid question to ask, and should be asked openly. You are not the OP, so why don't you mind your business and let him answer my question.