Author Topic: qrowdbuy.com  (Read 2531 times)

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
qrowdbuy.com
« on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 04:41:34 »
www.qrowdbuy.com

Ive launched a small site which im hoping will help to improve our groupbuy experience. It works like this:

One or more individuals seek to buy something which are generally considered too expensive to buy in a store. So they decide to call the manufacturer to see what prices they can get at greater quantities.

First step
The organizer Calls the manufacturer, to ask for quotes for certain prices,quantities and lead times. For example:

If you buy 10 shirts, you pay 100$ per shirt
If you buy 20 shirts, you pay 90$ per shirt
If you buy 30 shirts, you pay 80$ per shirt
If you buy 10 pair of shoes, you pay 90$ per pair of shoes
If you buy 20 pair of shoes, you pay 80$ per pair of shoes
If you buy 30 pair of shoes, you pay 70$ per pair of shoes
Will take 3 months to fullfill after order.

Second step
The organizer creates the products in qrowdbuy he intends to sell and ship, when all products have been created and all information has been provided, the organizer can create a Interest check which will be open to the public, the public can then provide a hint to the organizer if his product(s) will be popular enough.

Third step
When the Interest has peaked to the interest numbers requested, the organizer unlocks the option to create a Buy. Now for a buy to happen, it must reach the MOQ, which have been provided by the organizer. The buy is active under a certain period, where people are able to commit to buy the products. When the buy period finnishes, its participants are bound to pay using PayPal. The organizer will send out to the users paypal addresses. After everyone has paid, the organizer places a order to the manfucturer.

Fourth step
The organizer receives all the buys products, the organizer is then bound to distribute the products to the buys participants.

All steps descrbed in the description is how the software works. I am open to letting some groupbuy organizers try this out, if you would be interested.

Right now im just putting myself out there :)

There are some things in the pipes which i will start working on shortly:
  • Shipping calculator
  • Automatic invoicing to buy participants
Amongst other things.

As this is basically the first time for me launching anything, this site is bound to have some bugs :), please be kind and report the bugs if you find any.

Lets have an open discussion, id love to get me some feedback :)

xpost from the mst subforum

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
Re: qrowdbuy.com
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 16:58:57 »
I feel like it's not clear yet how this service is better to how things currently work already. Care to expand on the benefits?

Offline THRILLHOIAF

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 24 October 2017, 17:14:43 »
I feel like it's not clear yet how this service is better to how things currently work already. Care to expand on the benefits?

"Qrowdbuy is aware that people have both, a left hand AND a right hand! as such our first groubuy will be for Ergodox pcbs/cases"

from their website   ...probably

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 25 October 2017, 02:24:04 »

"Qrowdbuy is aware that people have both, a left hand AND a right hand! as such our first groubuy will be for Ergodox pcbs/cases"

from their website   ...probably

From the beginning, my idea popped up during the issues with the Ivan GBs, that my site would work as a proxy and make groupbuys more safe by enforcing to use the paypal protection. And later on holding runaway organizers accountable by law(Havent got a clue about this as im simply a average programmer and not a Law dude  :)).

The site is also meant to ease the workload off off organizers by automatic invoicing(In the pipeline) and proper overview of gbs both for organizers and its joiners.

But what i hope is the biggest benefit is reaching out to a bigger crowd similar to massdrop which has users buying keyboards and keysets(and other cool stuff, knives etc) which have never sat foot in any of the categorized forums.

And the biggest difference beeing that we keep the Groupbuy format that we love by having people coming up with ideas and running the groupbuy themselves on the platform rather than having a company take money(and sometimes credit) from their original ideas.

So about the ergodox... Maybe you want to run it and try out the site? :)