Author Topic: [GB] GMK Yuri  (Read 95819 times)

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
[GB] GMK Yuri
« on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 10:18:02 »
Some nice renders from RevoTeam. Yuri on Dr.D keyboard.

Following render are done by Thesiscamper.
G80-3000 by Cherry

Kira by Thesiscamper

M65 by RAMA

« Last Edit: Wed, 17 May 2017, 14:58:05 by T0mb3ry »

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
Re: [GB] GMK Yuri
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 10:23:50 »
Reserved.

Offline packman86

• Morning Coffee
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 11:02:11 »
Order made for Base, Ergo, and Spacebars. Cannot wait to get this set!
Keyboard Collection:

More

TGR Jane V2 | TGR Jane V2 CE | TGR Alice | TGR Dolice | TGR 910 | TGR x Singa UNIKORN 60 | Matrix 8XV 2.0 Korea Version | Matrix 8XV 2.0add | LZ CLS s h x | Duck Jetfire | TX-CP | QXP | Noxary X65 | RAMA M60-A | Model F62 "Kishsaver"

Offline digisax

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 11:28:21 »
I'm in for the Cyrillics, Icon Mods, Ergodox kit, Glorious kit. and the Novelties. Can't wait for this set.
niu mini - R2 T1s, MT3 Dev/TTY

Offline mr scooty

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 11:52:44 »
Is there no 1u backspace in the base kit? I only see one in the icon mods..  :'(

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 12:47:52 »
Base and glorious kits have tipped already.

Is there no 1u backspace in the base kit? I only see one in the icon mods..  :'(
1u Del is supposed to be the backspace key. The rule for base set is to have icon + word or only word. Not single icon. For only icons look for icon mods.

Offline tinyprawn

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 12:48:27 »
Ordered as many R4c things as I could get. Totally not enough and way too many extra keys BUT I love the look and need to support more R4c caps so we get 2.75, 2.25, 1.75, 1.5 and 1.25 molds In the coming years.

Great job on the design and everything.

Offline mr scooty

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 13:19:35 »
Base and glorious kits have tipped already.

1u Del is supposed to be the backspace key. The rule for base set is to have icon + word or only word. Not single icon. For only icons look for icon mods.

Gotcha, that makes sense

Offline Theconejo

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 14:08:04 »
Do you get frequent updates on kits sold? Or just when it tips?

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 14:33:23 »

From my experience I'd say we should expect one every 24h~ hours, potentially every 48 if not much is happening with it (unlikely with Yuri, clearly).

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 14:42:51 »
The MOQ spreadsheet has been updated for those who are curious.

Icon mods and cyrillics will made it definitely.

No i dont get any updates. Was just discussing the drop with Yanbo and sure i've asked for kits which have tipped.

Offline PotatoTM

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 14:44:52 »
Bless the Glorious kit!

Offline ojrask

• juuh elikkäs
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 15:56:40 »
Will be joining once my paycheck arrives by the end of the week. Thanks and congratulations T0mb3ry for making this far with Yuri! :)
Current:
    Ducky DK9008P [MX Blues] | WASD V2 TKL [MX Blues] | r63 (Satan 60% DIY) [Gateron Browns] | BananaSplit 60% [Gateron Greens] | UK78 [67g Zealios] | Infinity ErgoDox [MX Clears] | Pearl 40% [78g Zealios] | G81-3000
Coming up:
    DZ60/SKB60-WKL [100g MX Silent Blacks] | G81-3000 [Box Navies] Handwire
IC/GB:
    GMK Strogg | G81/80-3000 MX metal plate

Offline e_l_tang

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 16:10:06 »
May I ask where the curved part of the Э legend came from? I saw a guy complaining about that and the Я and Х legends. Despite his bad attitude he pretty much has to be familiar with Cyrillic, so I decided to compare them with those of old Soviet keyboards. I cannot find anything wrong with the Я and Х legends, but I do have a concern about the Э legend. As far as I can tell, the Э legend is usually just the C legend backwards with a line added in the middle, but this doesn't seem to be the case with Yuri's.
« Last Edit: Wed, 17 May 2017, 16:21:57 by e_l_tang »

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 16:26:27 »
May I ask where the curved part of the Э legend came from? I saw a guy complaining about that and the Я and Х legends. Despite his bad attitude he pretty much has to be familiar with Cyrillic, so I decided to compare them with those of old Soviet keyboards. I cannot find anything wrong with the Я and Х legends, but I do have a concern about the Э legend. As far as I can tell, the Э legend is usually just the C legend backwards with a line added in the middle, but this doesn't seem to be the case with Yuri's.

There is nothing wrong with Э legend. That guy was just spitting hate for that ever reason.

This is not the first troll and not the last. Last time i was trolled about JaMods. There was a troll who told me i should use only colors from jamaican flag. And yes he told me also he comes from Jamaica. Yadayadayada.
« Last Edit: Wed, 17 May 2017, 16:31:21 by T0mb3ry »

Offline Sissy

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 20:53:49 »
Glad its finally happening, gonna look so nice on my Mira.

Offline Theconejo

« Reply #16 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 20:54:21 »
Any idea if DC kit is going to tip? I haven't bought in yet just waiting on something else.

Offline need

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 21:36:02 »
which ones in the short spacebar pack are gonna be convex?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 21:44:54 »

I'd imagine the "R4c" caps.

Offline need

« Reply #19 on: Wed, 17 May 2017, 21:58:20 »

I'd imagine the "R4c" caps.

Oh so that's what the "c" means, cheers! Those 1u convex in the ergo kit are gonna be interesting.

Offline Janzzze

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 18 May 2017, 04:49:13 »
It does not mention what colors are gonna be used any where that I can find.
Totally new custom colors? Or some preexisting gmk colors?

Offline poolside

« Reply #21 on: Thu, 18 May 2017, 07:05:35 »
It does not mention what colors are gonna be used any where that I can find.
Totally new custom colors? Or some preexisting gmk colors?

The GMK renders posted in the IC thread show the colors: BL2, BL3 and OR2. Those are custom colors. You can see the regular ones here: http://i.imgur.com/4HansnG.jpg.

Offline Meitachi

• Je sui prest
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 18 May 2017, 13:16:34 »

There is nothing wrong with Э legend. That guy was just spitting hate for that ever reason.

This is not the first troll and not the last. Last time i was trolled about JaMods. There was a troll who told me i should use only colors from jamaican flag. And yes he told me also he comes from Jamaica. Yadayadayada.

Yeah T0mb3ry, glad to see you don't let it get to you. You're doing a great job, and the designs is great!  :thumb: Just tell them it's an artistic interpretation or something, lol

Offline diiiP

« Reply #23 on: Thu, 18 May 2017, 16:30:29 »
Will the Kits who dont reach the min. breakpoint going to produced anyway?
Ofc still a long time to go, but I remember the strugle of the internation kit with gmk carbon...

Offline Theconejo

« Reply #24 on: Thu, 18 May 2017, 17:03:13 »
Will the Kits who dont reach the min. breakpoint going to produced anyway?
Ofc still a long time to go, but I remember the strugle of the internation kit with gmk carbon...

massdrop and gmk worked together to make plum's international kit go through. Who knows though as one incident doesn't always mean that will be the norm.

Offline diiiP

« Reply #25 on: Thu, 18 May 2017, 17:33:47 »
Carbon International was the same...
Hope Massdrop & GMK help out again :)

Offline nightdriver

• life is like t. rex
« Reply #26 on: Thu, 18 May 2017, 23:27:36 »
between this and the norbauer cases i am spending way too much on keyboards lately, but i can't help myself!

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #27 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 09:45:35 »
I'm not currently in for Cyrillic, gotta check funds, but if DC kit doesn't tip then I'll defo get the Cyrillic cos I might as well just use it like blanks. But I mean, if DC doesn't tip that'll be well depressing. Not just for Yuri but for future GMK sets as well. Come on everyone, switch to an alt layout! It feels great!

Offline elfick

• Can I get Colemak and a side of fries with that?
« Reply #28 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 10:12:20 »
I'm not currently in for Cyrillic, gotta check funds, but if DC kit doesn't tip then I'll defo get the Cyrillic cos I might as well just use it like blanks. But I mean, if DC doesn't tip that'll be well depressing. Not just for Yuri but for future GMK sets as well. Come on everyone, switch to an alt layout! It feels great!
Yah, I've been debating what I'm going to do if DC doesn't tip. I've even considered ordering a second DC kit just to help nudge the count, but right now I'm thinking I may just drop my order if DC doesn't tip.

Offline Theconejo

« Reply #29 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 10:48:49 »
Dropping the order all together is extreme for me, considering if you get the cyrillics you won't know what you are typing on anyway. In this case the DC kit wouldn't matter.

I will be disappointed as this is the first gmk set offering a DC kit.

Offline smt

• I like keyboards
    • smt.io
« Reply #30 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 22:44:03 »

Same. I would looooove to have a DC kit. What makes the likelihood that it won't tip even more annoying is all the people (it seems like a lot, anyway) who complain about GMK not supporting DC, but then don't show up to support Yuri, the one set that tries to offer it. And I'm afraid future GMK buys will observe this, and continue to not offer a DC kit.
HHKB Pro 2 | FC660C | Clueboards | MOD-M Custom | MiniVan | Preonic | Planck | Let's Split | Anne Pro | WASD CODE TKL

Offline digisax

« Reply #31 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 22:53:33 »

Same. I would looooove to have a DC kit. What makes the likelihood that it won't tip even more annoying is all the people (it seems like a lot, anyway) who complain about GMK not supporting DC, but then don't show up to support Yuri, the one set that tries to offer it. And I'm afraid future GMK buys will observe this, and continue to not offer a DC kit.

Considering how many people use alt layouts I wouldn't be surprised if pretty much all the people who complain did get Yuri for it. I mean it is a pretty vocal group. But it would be a good thing if it reached MOQ

Offline smt

• I like keyboards
    • smt.io
« Reply #32 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 23:15:24 »
Considering how many people use alt layouts I wouldn't be surprised if pretty much all the people who complain did get Yuri for it. I mean it is a pretty vocal group. But it would be a good thing if it reached MOQ

I quite agree. I'd order more than one if I could afford to.
HHKB Pro 2 | FC660C | Clueboards | MOD-M Custom | MiniVan | Preonic | Planck | Let's Split | Anne Pro | WASD CODE TKL

Offline elfick

• Can I get Colemak and a side of fries with that?
« Reply #33 on: Tue, 23 May 2017, 10:06:37 »

I'm one of the complainers/shills for DC. I wasn't going to get Yuri until it was pointed out that it supports DC. Now I'm in for a base and DC kit just to show support for DC. If the DC doesn't tip I'm going to cancel my order though as there are other sets on the horizon that I like more. Sets for which I wouldn't hesitate to buy multiple DC kits just to help it tip.

However, I don't think it's GMK that decides whether a DC kit is offered or not, it's up to the GB/drop runner/designer. I'm guessing they'll be happy to make it as long as someone pays for it.

Offline smt

• I like keyboards
    • smt.io
« Reply #34 on: Tue, 23 May 2017, 16:04:49 »
I'm one of the complainers/shills for DC. I wasn't going to get Yuri until it was pointed out that it supports DC. Now I'm in for a base and DC kit just to show support for DC. If the DC doesn't tip I'm going to cancel my order though as there are other sets on the horizon that I like more. Sets for which I wouldn't hesitate to buy multiple DC kits just to help it tip.

I'm glad you're supporting it. I'm in a similar boat, although I will probably stick with the base set even if DC doesn't make it. Moreso if it hits the $109 drop.

However, I don't think it's GMK that decides whether a DC kit is offered or not, it's up to the GB/drop runner/designer. I'm guessing they'll be happy to make it as long as someone pays for it.

Good distinction, thanks for the correction.  :thumb:

Offline Sempre

« Reply #35 on: Wed, 24 May 2017, 18:34:01 »
I also joined the DC kit. Gotta keep in mind that if this tips then there will be more DC GMK kits since the mold will already be available. Would love to have Colemak on my Dolch and Classic beige sets.

Offline e_l_tang

« Reply #36 on: Wed, 24 May 2017, 19:03:59 »
I also joined the DC kit. Gotta keep in mind that if this tips then there will be more DC GMK kits since the mold will already be available. Would love to have Colemak on my Dolch and Classic beige sets.
The molds have always existed. It's just that not all designers are as forward-looking as Yuri's.

Offline Sempre

« Reply #37 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 04:37:47 »
The molds have always existed. It's just that not all designers are as forward-looking as Yuri's.

I didn't know that. If that's the case then it's a shame we didn't see these kits in previous GMK buys. Maybe it was related to moq concerns.

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #38 on: Thu, 25 May 2017, 08:06:11 »
I'll be in for a DC kit, too.

Offline Shiftshape

« Reply #39 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 11:39:46 »
So it appears this month is going to wreak havoc on my wallet...  :thumb:

Offline Meitachi

• Je sui prest
« Reply #40 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 12:52:50 »
I'm already picking up the base+icon mods+cyrillics+spacebar kit.  I've been wrestling with myself on whether I should pick up the Glorious and/or novelties. Decisions decisions...

Offline digisax

« Reply #41 on: Fri, 26 May 2017, 12:57:44 »
I'm already picking up the base+icon mods+cyrillics+spacebar kit.  I've been wrestling with myself on whether I should pick up the Glorious and/or novelties. Decisions decisions...

I couldn't justify getting anything if I didn't get the Glorious and Novelties. The Cosmonaut keys are just too awesome to pass up.

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #42 on: Sat, 27 May 2017, 05:01:34 »

Yes, Nautilus will not offer a DC kit if Yuri fails to tip its DC kit. We may have the DC kits in later GMK keyset only if Yuri does it. It seems not good that the sold number is still below half of MOQ. But, I ordered it and will stick til the end anyway.

Hope MD would declare that "every kit is going to happen"!

Offline TanHin

« Reply #43 on: Sat, 27 May 2017, 13:45:10 »
I need find non-standard spacebar row, what is alpha and modifier color?

Offline Meitachi

• Je sui prest
« Reply #44 on: Tue, 30 May 2017, 13:36:02 »

I couldn't justify getting anything if I didn't get the Glorious and Novelties. The Cosmonaut keys are just too awesome to pass up.

Ah screw it, I'm gonna pick up a set of both as well. I wanted to eat cardboard the rest of this month anyways.

Offline Sempre

« Reply #45 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 07:35:15 »
I have been charged for the DC kit so hopefully that means it's successful.

Offline tinyprawn

« Reply #46 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 08:17:17 »
I can't believe it got to 935 base kits! Awesome stuff!!!

Offline Theconejo

« Reply #47 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 09:49:22 »

Yeah! There has been a few comments saying the same thing so I'm thinking it got pushed through which is great news!

Offline smt

• I like keyboards
    • smt.io
« Reply #48 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 12:27:02 »

Yeah! There has been a few comments saying the same thing so I'm thinking it got pushed through which is great news!

Huzzah! Hopefully. I was charged as well, which seems to be a good sign.

Offline jcc04

« Reply #49 on: Wed, 31 May 2017, 17:00:33 »
I can't believe it got to 935 base kits! Awesome stuff!!!

Same!