Author Topic: Hair Dryer Broke  (Read 5100 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Hair Dryer Broke
« on: Sun, 11 June 2017, 21:32:23 »
Dried my hair with my hitachi leaf blower.

Works way faster than hair dryer..   

Also leaves your hair smelling Manly.. // Fresh Gasoline //

Key-Note,   Don't breath the fumes ...  tape down the trigger, and stand in front of it..

WEAR safety Goggles.

Offline Gajible

Re: Hair Dryer Broke
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 11 June 2017, 21:55:10 »
Looks like you solved the tp4issue

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 11 June 2017, 22:40:00 »
But the real question is how is the quality of the dry compared to the hair dryer? Does it produce a gently windswept look, or more along the lines of 'drove to work with my head out the window'?
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline mrduul

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 11 June 2017, 23:13:05 »
Always use the power of the sun and wind.

Offline f32h80fsd08h34r5

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 12 June 2017, 00:29:30 »
I might have to give this a try, I get ready for things way too late, and my hairdryer doesn't dry my hair fast enough..   :thumb: thanks!

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 12 June 2017, 02:24:19 »
What man uses a hair dryer? Oo
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
Hair Dryer Broke
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 12 June 2017, 02:35:37 »
Didn't expect you to have that much hair. You always say you're old, what are you, a hippie?

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 12 June 2017, 05:53:53 »
Didn't expect you to have that much hair. You always say you're old, what are you, a hippie?
I had hair reaching to well below my shoulder blades, never needed a hair dryer.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 12 June 2017, 06:28:02 »
I had hair reaching to well below my shoulder blades, never needed a hair dryer.

I've heard the quicker your hair is dry, the less bacterial growth .

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 12 June 2017, 06:29:28 »
I might have to give this a try, I get ready for things way too late, and my hairdryer doesn't dry my hair fast enough..   :thumb: thanks!

wear goggles

don't stand too close, wind way too strong.

and also, be careful not to have objects being blown into you like, say a box of nails from the garage, or remove the concentrator tip if that falls off sometimes... hahahahahaha

Offline f32h80fsd08h34r5

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 12 June 2017, 07:00:48 »
What man uses a hair dryer? Oo

A man with long flowing hair!

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 12 June 2017, 07:01:33 »

Or just, you know, wash it :p .

Offline f32h80fsd08h34r5

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 12 June 2017, 07:02:58 »

wear goggles

don't stand too close, wind way too strong.

and also, be careful not to have objects being blown into you like, say a box of nails from the garage, or remove the concentrator tip if that falls off sometimes... hahahahahaha

Alright, thanks! I wouldn't have guessed the goggles part..

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 12 June 2017, 08:05:56 »
Getting more and more curious as to what you look like these days tp.
Such an enigma.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 12 June 2017, 08:54:45 »
Such an enigma.

170682-0

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 12 June 2017, 08:54:57 »
Such an enigma.
I always imagine people who never show their picture to be hideous, grotesque monsters :p .

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 12 June 2017, 09:14:50 »
Such an enigma.
I always imagine people who never show their picture to be hideous, grotesque monsters :p .

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 12 June 2017, 09:25:23 »
Such an enigma.

(Attachment Link)
I'm sure it's not all that bad tp. I'm ugly too!

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 12 June 2017, 17:41:55 »
If you wash it every day or so, there won't be enough bacterial growth to be concerned with and any that can manage to grow in that time will be there regardless of how you dry it.

However, excess heat, is TERRIBLE for hair. Women get away with it somewhat because their hair grows slightly faster, but also they spend more time and effort keeping it in good shape. That said, women with really long hair, do not use heat or use very little heat because once damaged, it stays that way. Also, many women's hair is actually not in that great of shape, they just use conditioners with lots of silicone to hide it*.

Personally, I get as much out as I can while still in the shower before drying off, then I use a towel or an old t-shirt and wrap my head in it to absorb excess water. After an hour or so, it's merely damp.

*Not only does it hide the damage from others, but also from you, causes buildup, and in some cases be hard on your houses plumbing.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 13 June 2017, 20:12:25 »

If you wash it every day or so, there won't be enough bacterial growth to be concerned with and any that can manage to grow in that time will be there regardless of how you dry it.

However, excess heat, is TERRIBLE for hair. Women get away with it somewhat because their hair grows slightly faster, but also they spend more time and effort keeping it in good shape. That said, women with really long hair, do not use heat or use very little heat because once damaged, it stays that way. Also, many women's hair is actually not in that great of shape, they just use conditioners with lots of silicone to hide it*.

Personally, I get as much out as I can while still in the shower before drying off, then I use a towel or an old t-shirt and wrap my head in it to absorb excess water. After an hour or so, it's merely damp.

*Not only does it hide the damage from others, but also from you, causes buildup, and in some cases be hard on your houses plumbing.

How do I know if the product uses silicone..  does it just say silicone  or is it another name.

Offline rarar

• moist booty seepage
« Reply #20 on: Tue, 13 June 2017, 21:03:26 »
leaf blowers are a bit much for me, I don't want my hair flying OFF!
Ỏ̷͖͈̞̩͎̻̫̫̜͉̠̫͕̭̭̫̫̹̗̹͈̼̠̖͍͚̥͈̮̼͕̠̤̯̻̥̬̗̼̳̤̳̬̪̹͚̞̼̠͕̼̠̦͚̫͔̯̹͉͉̘͎͕̼̣̝͙̱̟̹̩̟̳̦̭͉̮̖̭̣̣̞̙̗̜̺̭̻̥͚͙̝̦̲̱͉͖͉̰̦͎̫̣̼͎͍̠̮͓̹̹͉̤̰̗̙͕͇͔̱͕̭͈̳̗̭͔̘̖̺̮̜̠͖̘͓̳͕̟̠̱̫̤͓͔̘̰̲͙͍͇̙͎̣̼̗̖͙̯͉̠̟͈͍͕̪͓̝̩̦̖̹̼̠̘̮͚̟͉̺̜͍͓̯̳̱̻͕̣̳͉̻̭̭̱͍̪̩̭̺͕̺̼̥̪͖̦̟͎̻̰_Ỏ̷͖͈̞̩͎̻̫̫̜͉̠̫͕̭̭̫̫̹̗̹͈̼̠̖͍͚̥͈̮̼͕̠̤̯̻̥̬̗̼̳̤̳̬̪̹͚̞̼̠͕̼̠̦͚̫͔̯̹͉͉̘͎͕̼̣̝͙̱̟̹̩̟̳̦̭͉̮̖̭̣̣̞̙̗̜̺̭̻̥͚͙̝̦̲̱͉͖͉̰̦͎̫̣̼͎͍̠̮͓̹̹͉̤̰̗̙͕͇͔̱͕̭͈̳̗̭͔̘̖̺̮̜̠͖̘͓̳͕̟̠̱̫̤͓͔̘̰̲͙͍͇̙͎̣̼̗̖͙̯͉̠̟͈͍͕̪͓̝̩̦̖̹̼̠̘̮͚̟͉̺̜͍͓̯̳̱̻͕̣̳͉̻̭̭̱͍̪̩̭̺͕̺̼̥̪͖̦̟͎̻̰ ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็_ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 14 June 2017, 04:23:05 »
How do I know if the product uses silicone..  does it just say silicone  or is it another name.
Any ingredient that ends in "cone" is a silicone.
Dimethicone for example.
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 15 June 2017, 19:09:59 »
Quality gear like my grandmother's hair dryer won't give out on you after a few decades of use.

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 15 June 2017, 19:13:28 »
Quality gear like my grandmother's hair dryer won't give out on you after a few decades of use.

I think in this specific case,  it's probably because that hair dryer is only 215 watts..

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #24 on: Fri, 16 June 2017, 00:22:46 »
I think in this specific case,  it's probably because that hair dryer is only 215 watts..
More likely to electrocute you than dry your hair.  :))
More
More
| GMMK TKL
More
More
| Magicforce 68
More
More
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #25 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 17:27:30 »
I just stick my wet head out of the car window and let the breeze dry it. If you do this, it's also important to let your tongue hang out of your mouth like a dog.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg