Author Topic: New member near Philly  (Read 1525 times)

Offline raxander

New member near Philly
« on: Fri, 23 June 2017, 11:04:57 »
Hi All!  I've been suffering from a low-grade chronic keyboard illness for some years, but recently it's flared up and now I'm afraid it's quite debilitating!  Every day I'm researching key profiles, switches, keycap materials, and thinking about the right layout that I want.  Right now I have a Filco TKL with lacquered kobo frame, GMK dolch keycaps, cherry mx brown switches, and I've got the Pexon Filco cable mod on order.

I've ordered the Input Club K-Type with Halo Clears, really looking forward to that board - don't care about the LEDs but the swappable switches is just what I need right now - eager to try lots of switches to see exactly what I like best.

Layout-wise, the 75% seems to make the most sense to me, but I'm just getting started. I might pick up a used 60% to see if I can get used to it.

Anyway, you guys are great!  I've learned a ton from geekhack and reddit posts.  I'm planning to stop by Keycon tomorrow to ogle your keyboards a bit if that's ok!  I'll bring my 8y/o son - he's an expert keycap swapper with a burgeoning interest in keyboards.

Offline stoic-lemon

Re: New member near Philly
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 26 June 2017, 23:57:28 »
Yeah, you've got it bad. There'll be no cure, but we can manage your symptoms. Hope you enjoyed Keycon.

Offline KACHAKEYS

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 27 June 2017, 01:41:52 »
did we meet at Keycon?

Offline raxander

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 27 June 2017, 21:38:35 »
I was there just briefly with my son around noon, then he was hungry so we left :(  Wish I could've stayed for the presentations!  But at least I got to see the boards, oh man some incredible works!  My son really likes the ergo layouts with bright colors.  The best part for me was getting to try all the different switches.  My goodness the Pandas and Zealios feel amazing.  Can't wait to try the halos when they ship, and then hopefully people will stop inventing new switches so I can settle on something.

Offline KACHAKEYS

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 27 June 2017, 21:52:57 »
Darn I think I may have missed you, but my other half was there at our boards.
We had the QFR with Terminal mx green , Pok3r with sa jukebox and mx clears, and Pok3r mx browns with DSA otaku.
And of course our keycaps for sale! Glad to hear you enjoyed it.