Author Topic: Mistel Barocco spacebars?  (Read 7332 times)

Offline MTK4355

Mistel Barocco spacebars?
« on: Sun, 16 July 2017, 23:48:46 »
Anyone know of a key cap set that would have spacekeys available to fit the Mistel, or am I stuck with a DIY situation? 

I'd like to use an SA profile on it, but the cost of any failed attempt at modifying a standard spacebar goes up considerably down that road. I'd feelbetter about compromising on my vision for the board if there was a decent readymade set available.
"As a Software Engineer, I am a professional computer operator. You don't question why a professional golfer has high end clubs or a professional racecar driver requires top of the line vehicles, do you? I spend more time with a keyboard under my hands than anything else in this world, why shouldn't it be a source of joy?" MTK

Offline Tom_Kazansky

• Oblivion Knight
Re: Mistel Barocco spacebars?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 00:02:05 »
SP does have SA 3u (http://pimpmykeyboard.com/sa-3-space/)

3.25u space, sorry but afaik, there is no readymade keycap for this size,

maybe you should try 3D printing it?

Offline MTK4355

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 08:09:57 »
That's what I came up with as well.. I got a couple of extra SA spacebars from pmk to practice cutting and joining them at the right length, but I'm afraid the join will be too obvious.

The last time I saw anything 3d printed it came out fairly rough, have the printers improved that much in the last few years?

As a last resort, I suppose I could create a mold of the SA profile space keys I cut to the proper length and cast an acrylic artisan pad on top of the space keys the board ships with.

Need to make sure Mistel offers replacements before I try that though!  :)

Thanks for taking the time to reply!
"As a Software Engineer, I am a professional computer operator. You don't question why a professional golfer has high end clubs or a professional racecar driver requires top of the line vehicles, do you? I spend more time with a keyboard under my hands than anything else in this world, why shouldn't it be a source of joy?" MTK

Offline punkonjunk

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 09:02:53 »
Acetone smoothing of ABS can make it look nearly manufactured. Bonus, it'd be shiny like SP, ha!

However, it looks like you'd have to build the model yourself unless someone around here has it.

The lack of 3.25u keys available for the mistel is why I haven't picked it up yet. they really should have crammed a 3u in t here on both sides.

Offline MTK4355

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 10:19:42 »
Yeah, they really weren't thinking when they made that choice. That extra 1/4 u is probably a deal breaker for a lot of folks.

Who actually leaves the stock keycaps on a keyboard?

Offline mkozlows

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 23 March 2018, 00:06:13 »
So given that the spacebar is basically unreplaceable -- what profiles would it be a reasonable match for, if one were to swap every other key, but leave the spacebar intact?

Offline thebennies

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 26 March 2018, 11:05:50 »
i'm using OEM and cherry profile.