Author Topic: [GB] Cherry MX Silent Black Switches - Shipping Update  (Read 110466 times)

Offline Fnzzy

Re: [GB] Cherry MX Silent Black Switches - Closing soon!
« Reply #100 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 04:04:04 »
I got 5 silent blacks in for testing. I think they are pretty smooth out of the box, lubing should not be required :p Can't wait to get switches for a full board.

Offline zacheadams

• Friendly Neighborhood Keyboard Enthusiast
« Reply #101 on: Fri, 25 August 2017, 07:31:13 »
Wish I had seen this sooner, trying to sort silent reds and this would be the next best thing.

I saw you guys ended up buying some extras for NK in the US?  If so, any way I could get my grubby little hands on a pack?

You can buy plate mount ones from Mehkee and DoyuStudio, both of which are not groupbuys but normal retail.

Offline VicareyG

• Vendor - Optic Boards
    • Optic Boards
« Reply #102 on: Sat, 26 August 2017, 15:31:41 »
Hey guys, apologies for the radio silence. I've been super busy. I had to wait for payments to clear through PayPal and Stripe, then for payment from NovelKeys to come through, about 11 days total. I am now ating on order confirmation from the distributor although things are somewhat slowed by my contact being on annual leave. I will get updates to you ASAP and have a full update via email GH Reddit etc... once the order has been processed and payment received.

Offline Prelim

« Reply #103 on: Thu, 31 August 2017, 05:08:24 »
are we going to received this before Christmas?
2x GH60 revC - lubed Linjärs 65g / lubed H1s 65g with SPRIT 5mm acrylic plate | Dolch PAC - Cherry housing / Gateron sliders 65g and QMK clips | Raptor K1 G80-1890 stock 
Floating on Cherry/GMK caps - White on Black, Classic Beige, Dolch, Olivetti, Alcatel MMK, Hellgrau

Offline VicareyG

• Vendor - Optic Boards
    • Optic Boards
« Reply #104 on: Thu, 31 August 2017, 07:33:22 »
are we going to received this before Christmas?

Hopefully! I can't give a concrete delivery estimate until I've had the order confirmed as being processed and produced. I do understand this can be frustrating having to wait so long for something, I will try my best to keep you all updated as and when there are updates to be had, and all I can do is promise to not let the same teething problems affect any further Cherry MX group buys.

Offline WNovizar

Re: [GB] Cherry MX Silent Black Switches - Order Processing!
« Reply #105 on: Wed, 06 September 2017, 00:59:12 »
Can I still join the GB? I really forgot ordering this.....
I like mechanical keyboards

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #106 on: Wed, 06 September 2017, 01:02:51 »
Can I still join the GB? I really forgot ordering this.....
I think there would be extras, but if not, depending on where you're located, I could get a pack to you at cost + shipping once they come out.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Offline WNovizar

« Reply #107 on: Wed, 06 September 2017, 01:13:01 »
Well if you compare your Location to mine, we're literally days apart.

Weirdly enough, I still can "Add to Cart" from the website -> https://opticboards.com/group-buys/mx-silent-black

But feel free to PM me to if you still want to process my request. I want 2 packs of these switches. Thank you
I like mechanical keyboards

Offline VicareyG

• Vendor - Optic Boards
    • Optic Boards
« Reply #108 on: Wed, 06 September 2017, 12:06:18 »
Well if you compare your Location to mine, we're literally days apart.

Weirdly enough, I still can "Add to Cart" from the website -> https://opticboards.com/group-buys/mx-silent-black

But feel free to PM me to if you still want to process my request. I want 2 packs of these switches. Thank you

I have plenty of extras (close to 10,000). Those who missed out and have asked nicely, have been allowed to order some at GB pricing. I've put two in stock for you to order if you wish. I will also be releasing the extras available to pre-order at a slightly increased price SooonTM. Just waiting on the distributor to finish providing me with hoops to jump through, it has been a nightmare just ordering these. Full explanation coming once I have some good news to give. :D

Offline VicareyG

• Vendor - Optic Boards
    • Optic Boards
« Reply #109 on: Thu, 07 September 2017, 06:53:39 »
It's been three weeks since the Group Buy ended. There haven't been many updates because, there hasn't been much to update you with. Now there is.   

Long story short ... I ****ed up.

When working out how much to charge for this group buy, I took the quoted price rounded up to make sure I wouldn't lose money on this GB and then quoted that price to everyone. I missed one crucial step ... accounting for VAT (Value Added Tax) for those of you outside of the EU, VAT for switches is 20%! Which amounts to roughly £3,500 for this order of 96,000 switches. This adds up to £4 per pack of 120, that I should have added to the price of the switches. So rather than being £26 I should have charged £30. The fact of the matter is that I don't just have £3,500 to fix my mistake. If I had it I would, this is mainly sue to the fact that I'll be buying 10,000 switches myself.

My solution to this right now is to offer everyone the chance of paying for the VAT.

You can do so here: https://opticboards.com/group-buys/silent-black-vat
This £4 will cover the VAT for a single pack of switches.

---

**Why did it take 3 weeks to find this out?** 
Because there were a literaral myriad of hoops that I had to jump through for the distributor to allow them to send me a pro-former invoice, which came through today. There slow response did not help either, sometimes 6 days between my email and theirs!

---

I am so sorry that this Group Buy has turned into such a disaster. I want to get all of you your switches.

I have opened up the GB again, with 50 more packs, which will help greatly if anyoen still wanted to purchase some!
Here: https://opticboards.com/group-buys/mx-silent-black

All participants will receive an email.

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #110 on: Thu, 07 September 2017, 07:00:27 »
So I've ordered three more packs for myself and 5 VAT packs for the ones I had already purchased. Please confirm that should cover all the VAT for the eight total packs I got.

Also, would you please merge my orders together?
230 and 319 were already merged and my new order number is 409.

Thank you.
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline ramnes

• T fou, mec?
« Reply #111 on: Thu, 07 September 2017, 07:08:46 »
It seems I just can't do anything on the website, is it being DDoS'd by people ordering VAT? ^-^
23h18 - photekq: hhkb with silenced realforce sliders and lubricated well is
23h18 - photekq: the best switch i've used

Offline dorf

• divine creator
« Reply #112 on: Thu, 07 September 2017, 07:10:09 »
VAT purchased and paid for.

Offline Prelim

« Reply #113 on: Thu, 07 September 2017, 07:11:22 »
so what if people start cancelling their orders or not paying the VAT now? wouldn't be better to restart de GB again?
2x GH60 revC - lubed Linjärs 65g / lubed H1s 65g with SPRIT 5mm acrylic plate | Dolch PAC - Cherry housing / Gateron sliders 65g and QMK clips | Raptor K1 G80-1890 stock 
Floating on Cherry/GMK caps - White on Black, Classic Beige, Dolch, Olivetti, Alcatel MMK, Hellgrau

Offline ramnes

• T fou, mec?
« Reply #114 on: Thu, 07 September 2017, 07:25:32 »
so what if people start cancelling their orders or not paying the VAT now? wouldn't be better to restart de GB again?

I have to admit that it would sound like a more secure way of handling this.
23h18 - photekq: hhkb with silenced realforce sliders and lubricated well is
23h18 - photekq: the best switch i've used

Offline twk

« Reply #115 on: Thu, 07 September 2017, 07:31:40 »
**** happens! I have payed the VAT!

Offline kawasaki161

« Reply #116 on: Thu, 07 September 2017, 08:08:36 »
Just paid VAT for #00252 order number for the VAT thingy is #00430.
I also realized that something ****ed up my address in the first order (leaving out the house number, LUL), the billing address on the VAT order is the correct address, or just add a note that the house number is 22 on your side or whatever works  :thumb:

Offline Felion

« Reply #117 on: Thu, 07 September 2017, 08:19:15 »
Still cheap!
(VAT paid for my previous orders... *hmm*.. perhaps I should order a few more switches *ponders*)
FC660c|RF88UB|HHKB pro2 type-s|GH60 Satans|Model M|Novatouch Alu-Chassi, "type -s"|Whitefox|RSII|V60|Plum84|RC930-87|Ducky3|Minivan|Planck|GH60revC|Pok3r|MF68|Ducky Mini|and more|Likör47 - GeekHack KotM March 2017

Offline VicareyG

• Vendor - Optic Boards
    • Optic Boards
« Reply #118 on: Thu, 07 September 2017, 08:23:54 »
So I've ordered three more packs for myself and 5 VAT packs for the ones I had already purchased. Please confirm that should cover all the VAT for the eight total packs I got.

Also, would you please merge my orders together?
230 and 319 were already merged and my new order number is 409.

Thank you.

Thank you so much! It's a great help! There has been such a great response from everyone!

Offline VicareyG

• Vendor - Optic Boards
    • Optic Boards
« Reply #119 on: Thu, 07 September 2017, 08:24:38 »
Just paid VAT for #00252 order number for the VAT thingy is #00430.
I also realized that something ****ed up my address in the first order (leaving out the house number, LUL), the billing address on the VAT order is the correct address, or just add a note that the house number is 22 on your side or whatever works  :thumb:

Cheers! I'll sort the address problem out!

Offline Chromatrope

• Tortures arrows, murders Lshift, doesn't press X
« Reply #120 on: Thu, 07 September 2017, 08:28:09 »
Paid for both my packs because what's 8 quid in the grand scheme of things. I hope this doesn't bellyflop entirely, and the buy can resume somewhat speedily.

VAT order is #00473, original 2 packs were #00243
I dance significantly better through bullet patterns than the alphanumerics. Known to cause heart failure in touch typists on sight.

Offline VicareyG

• Vendor - Optic Boards
    • Optic Boards
« Reply #121 on: Thu, 07 September 2017, 08:32:55 »
Paid for both my packs because what's 8 quid in the grand scheme of things. I hope this doesn't bellyflop entirely, and the buy can resume somewhat speedily.

VAT order is #00473, original 2 packs were #00243

Thanks! I hope so too!

Offline kokokoy

« Reply #122 on: Thu, 07 September 2017, 08:47:06 »
VAT paid  :)

Offline Chromatrope

« Reply #123 on: Thu, 07 September 2017, 09:03:42 »
Small thought: in the perhaps somewhat unlikely event that there will be a lot of refunds, like a truly massive amount, have you considered the possibility of scaling the buy down to the original 48000?

Edit: Depending on how I have interpreted things, this may or may not be a very dumb question. Let it be known I am at least aware it may be.  :blank:
« Last Edit: Thu, 07 September 2017, 09:05:36 by Chromatrope »
I dance significantly better through bullet patterns than the alphanumerics. Known to cause heart failure in touch typists on sight.

Offline VicareyG

• Vendor - Optic Boards
    • Optic Boards
« Reply #124 on: Thu, 07 September 2017, 09:10:10 »
Small thought: in the perhaps somewhat unlikely event that there will be a lot of refunds, like a truly massive amount, have you considered the possibility of scaling the buy down to the original 48000?

Edit: Depending on how I have interpreted things, this may or may not be a very dumb question. Let it be known I am at least aware it may be.  :blank:

It is a possibility, it is also a very complicated task to figure out who are in the original 48,000

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #125 on: Thu, 07 September 2017, 09:18:45 »
Did you not have to pay VAT in your previous group buys or does it depend on country of origin for the product?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline VicareyG

• Vendor - Optic Boards
    • Optic Boards
« Reply #126 on: Thu, 07 September 2017, 09:32:48 »
Did you not have to pay VAT in your previous group buys or does it depend on country of origin for the product?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Every other GB has been from China so I've calculated in IMPORT/VAT when figuring out the price. I overlooked it this time since the goods are coming from a supplier here in the UK. I should have known the quoted price was excluding VAT rather than just taking that as the final price.

Offline Chromatrope

« Reply #127 on: Thu, 07 September 2017, 09:46:00 »

It is a possibility, it is also a very complicated task to figure out who are in the original 48,000

With the VAT price increase, people from the original 48000 may refund as well. The idea in my mind was that if the total amount of orders shrinks to where the big 'filler' purchases are more than the difference between 48000 and the total number (not that I think that's very likely), the filler purchases could be adjusted to fit.

Offline xantiema

« Reply #128 on: Thu, 07 September 2017, 09:48:20 »
So the missing VAT is for U.S. customers I presume?

Edit: Nvm, seems I misunderstood from the clumsy writing
« Last Edit: Thu, 07 September 2017, 09:50:52 by xantiema »

Offline VicareyG

• Vendor - Optic Boards
    • Optic Boards
« Reply #129 on: Thu, 07 September 2017, 10:00:04 »

Clumsy writing indeed.

I'll give it another shot.

I under priced the switches. I thought they would cost me £26 per 120, but in reality they cost £30 per 120. Due to this huge pricing error I can't afford to buy the 96,000 switches because I am £3,500 short of the invoice total from my supplier. The reason for this is that I didn't account for the VAT that I would be charged. The added £4 is not VAT to be paid by my customers it is just to make up the difference due to my pricing error. This only affects those who bought through Optic Boards not customers of NovelKeys.

Does that explain this in a clearer way?

Offline DreLLin

« Reply #130 on: Thu, 07 September 2017, 10:32:51 »
Also paid the VAT for my initial order #00272. VAT order # is 00448.

Offline Hokabuki

« Reply #131 on: Thu, 07 September 2017, 10:48:16 »

Clumsy writing indeed.

I'll give it another shot.

I under priced the switches. I thought they would cost me £26 per 120, but in reality they cost £30 per 120. Due to this huge pricing error I can't afford to buy the 96,000 switches because I am £3,500 short of the invoice total from my supplier. The reason for this is that I didn't account for the VAT that I would be charged. The added £4 is not VAT to be paid by my customers it is just to make up the difference due to my pricing error. This only affects those who bought through Optic Boards not customers of NovelKeys.

Does that explain this in a clearer way?
Thank you for clarifying that NovelKeys customers are not affected. I was just about to ask

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
« Reply #132 on: Thu, 07 September 2017, 12:47:39 »
VAT paid good sir!  :thumb:

Offline VicareyG

• Vendor - Optic Boards
    • Optic Boards
« Reply #133 on: Thu, 07 September 2017, 13:21:47 »

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #134 on: Thu, 07 September 2017, 15:44:36 »
Well, that's too bad... 3.5k is a lot money. Hopefully everybody reads the message and pays quickly. I paid just now.

I didn't mention my GB order number though, is that a problem?

Good luck with getting this issue fixed but it's almost thocking 100k of switches so I truly believe even the smallest issue is quite cumbersome.
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline VicareyG

• Vendor - Optic Boards
    • Optic Boards
« Reply #135 on: Thu, 07 September 2017, 15:59:32 »
Well, that's too bad... 3.5k is a lot money. Hopefully everybody reads the message and pays quickly. I paid just now.

I didn't mention my GB order number though, is that a problem?

Good luck with getting this issue fixed but it's almost thocking 100k of switches so I truly believe even the smallest issue is quite cumbersome.

No need for order number, I'll be using name/email address/mailing address to match orders. So far 24% of the packs ordered through Optic Boards have had the extra £4 paid. Well on the way to covering the 3.5K along with 6 more packs being ordered.

Thanks for paying!

Offline Atredl

« Reply #136 on: Fri, 08 September 2017, 00:18:49 »
How about those of us that ordered through Novelkeys? Should we also pay for the VAT on Opticboards?

Offline Chromatrope

« Reply #137 on: Fri, 08 September 2017, 00:22:36 »
How about those of us that ordered through Novelkeys? Should we also pay for the VAT on Opticboards?

You're covered by Novelkeys, though a helping hand couldn't hurt  ;)

Offline Mechboards

• * Vendor
  • Mechboards UK
    • Mechboards
« Reply #138 on: Fri, 08 September 2017, 06:33:37 »
Even though we didn't buy any I've just paid for 5 x VAT charges to help.

Offline VicareyG

• Vendor - Optic Boards
    • Optic Boards
« Reply #139 on: Fri, 08 September 2017, 13:34:15 »
Even though we didn't buy any I've just paid for 5 x VAT charges to help.

You legend! Thank you!

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #140 on: Fri, 08 September 2017, 20:32:05 »
Chucked in my VAT stuff, let's get this on the road!
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline ctrlX

« Reply #141 on: Sat, 09 September 2017, 02:56:13 »
VAT paid

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Offline darthzero

« Reply #142 on: Sat, 09 September 2017, 13:45:36 »
Damn, didn't saw the email and just found out about it while browsing gh. Just paid for my two packs, do you need the numbers or do you figure it out yourself? :D

Discord: kuno#0600 
Reddit: u/darthzero

Offline VicareyG

• Vendor - Optic Boards
    • Optic Boards
« Reply #143 on: Sun, 10 September 2017, 14:07:01 »
Damn, didn't saw the email and just found out about it while browsing gh. Just paid for my two packs, do you need the numbers or do you figure it out yourself? :D

I'll figure it out :) Thanks!

Offline feediko

« Reply #144 on: Wed, 13 September 2017, 17:42:14 »
VAT paid, sorry for the delay.

Offline TLExile

« Reply #145 on: Thu, 14 September 2017, 20:16:12 »
So is it an honor system? Whats going to happen to all the orders that don't pay the VAT? this doesn't seem like the best way to handle this

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #146 on: Fri, 15 September 2017, 03:35:44 »
So is it an honor system? Whats going to happen to all the orders that don't pay the VAT?
If it's a honour system everyone is getting their orders, regardless of VAT.

Offline VicareyG

• Vendor - Optic Boards
    • Optic Boards
« Reply #147 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 14:24:35 »
So is it an honor system? Whats going to happen to all the orders that don't pay the VAT?
If it's a honour system everyone is getting their orders, regardless of VAT.

That's the spirit entirely. I won't chastise anyone for the fact that I made a mistake. Every contribution is appreciated!

Now for the good news!

The order has been paid in full!

I have sent payment to the supplier yesterday. The order has now been action'd by the supplier meaning that they will submit the order to Cherry and Cherry will start manufacturing the switches. Once Cherry confirms this I will get an accurate delivery estimate. As of right now the delivery estimate is still 16 weeks. Roughly January 10th 2018. This has taken a lot longer than I would have liked and I really appreciate how kind and forgiving the community have been about this mistake. Thank you all for being awesome! I hope to make it up to all of you with more awesome GBs in the future.

Here's to a successful rest of the GB!

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #148 on: Wed, 20 September 2017, 14:39:04 »
Looking forward to it. Good job.

Offline ctrlX

« Reply #149 on: Thu, 21 September 2017, 01:02:17 »
Awesome! Good job besides the minor hiccups. Can't wait putting them in my first linear board which will be LSv3 :)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk