Author Topic: [IC] Artisan Hayate (Carbon edition)  (Read 7756 times)

Offline T0mb3ry

• https://www.instagram.com/t0mb3ry_gh/
    • Flickr
[IC] Artisan Hayate (Carbon edition)
« on: Tue, 01 August 2017, 18:16:56 »
Hey everyone!

Some of you might remember i made an IC for mouse pad and a mouse speicial editions which matches your keyset. Say mice and mouse pad which suit the style of the keyset - be it Nautilus, Hyperfuse or what ever the popular keyset is. Though the keysets were taken just as examples but i hope if this here succeeds to see mouse pads also for these awesome keysets. As the title says we are talking here about the Carbon version of the Artisan Hayate Large size (420 x 330 x 4 mm) mouse pad. Link: https://www.artisan-jp.com/item_hayate_mid_eng.html

Anyway we did some progress and we got in contact with Artisan. Someone might know him but most probably the majority does not know Artisan. Well Artisan is manufacturer of high quality Mouse pads and his mouse pads are regarded to be one of the best. Artisan mouse pads do cost quite high (around 45$ for large Hayate version) but they are worth every cent.

The MOQ for the mouse pads is 300 for one color. Thus i will represent you some versions and gather your feedback. In the end i will do a poll to choose the best suitable for the community version.

Just in case Artisan does prints only in the corners and full surface print is not possible but also full print does not make sense, since its wise to keep the surface clean and in one color to keep sensor work as intended.

Versions.
Gray 2

Gray 3

Gray 4

I will take any constructive feedback and suggestion into consideration. After that i will post an poll to choose the version.

Just in case the logos are also sugestions. I can do also for example warning signs etc. Just leave your feedack and i will figure out how to please the majority.
« Last Edit: Thu, 03 August 2017, 13:30:06 by T0mb3ry »

Offline thad

Re: [IC] Artisan Hayate (Carbon edition)
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 01 August 2017, 18:21:58 »
Grey 2 is nice. I have been looking for a new mouse pad. This may be the one.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline Shados

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 01 August 2017, 18:49:42 »
Grey 2 and beige are both pretty nice.

Offline poolside

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 01 August 2017, 18:50:48 »
Yes, grey 2 looks good!

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 01 August 2017, 19:25:32 »
Beige. I'd want it to be desk-wide, though (not super tall as some are, just extended to either side so my keyboard can be on top of it too).

Offline breusch91

• * Maker
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 01 August 2017, 20:06:27 »
Beige. I'd want it to be desk-wide, though (not super tall as some are, just extended to either side so my keyboard can be on top of it too).
!
Agreed on size, I love carbon and would love to be a part of this but im a desk mat user. Current mat i use is 36" x 11" = 914mm x 279.4mm
'

Offline RedSuns

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 01 August 2017, 20:17:08 »
Beige and Gray 2 looks best, imo.

Offline aznreaper

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 01 August 2017, 22:11:22 »
Beige and grey 2 look the best, grey 2 might work better for most peoples set ups and sell better though

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 01 August 2017, 22:18:26 »
Given the MOQ I think Grey 2 would be the best choice since I think more people would actually buy a grey mousepad vs beige.  By the way why the regular Hayate rather than the Otsu?  From what I can gather the Otsu seems to be an updated/better version.  Also I think you might give some consideration to the Soft version since it's in the middle of the three options despite the name.
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 August 2017, 22:20:51 by a_ak57 »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 01 August 2017, 23:50:56 »
i like the cream one but think of the dirt
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 00:13:26 »
Seems like i dont even need to make a poll and its obvious gray 2 is the way to go.   :))

I dont think Artisan could make deskmats. Though we'll ask him. But lets asume even if Artisan cant make deskmats people should keep in mind that its the material and the coating of artisans mouse pads which stands out compared to the other mouse pads and definitely all the usuall available desk mats.

Given the MOQ I think Grey 2 would be the best choice since I think more people would actually buy a grey mousepad vs beige.  By the way why the regular Hayate rather than the Otsu?  From what I can gather the Otsu seems to be an updated/better version.  Also I think you might give some consideration to the Soft version since it's in the middle of the three options despite the name.

I will check the Otsu version.
In case of soft being the middle version. I would appreciate if you could share a source of this info. I got the middle version of hayate. Just to explain for people: we are talking here about softness of the mouse pad. Right now there is middle and soft versions available.

Offline Aeccestane

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 05:26:44 »
Grey 2&Orange  :thumb: :thumb:

Offline diqkiq

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 08:28:45 »
I like Gray 2

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Filco Majestouch TKL, Noppoo Choc Mini, Realforce 87 55g, Model M TKL, Ducky Shine 3 TKL, KC60, Planck.

Offline megaforce

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 09:25:59 »
In for one of the grays!
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline Robotical

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 09:29:40 »
I'm interested in Gray 2!

Offline Cas

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 12:58:42 »
Grey 2 and orange also

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 17:58:25 »
Beige and grey2...

Also, the logo a bit bigger and some small warning signs on the bottom right ;)

Sent from my DREA100 using Tapatalk

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 21:53:32 »
In case of soft being the middle version. I would appreciate if you could share a source of this info. I got the middle version of hayate. Just to explain for people: we are talking here about softness of the mouse pad. Right now there is middle and soft versions available.

On the link you gave, above and to the right of the mousepad pic you can select from three different hardnesses, X-Soft, Soft and Mid.  I guess they thought if they put a "hard" option people would think it's a typical hard pad, so they opted to use those indicators for their mousepads.  Though really I think any of the options would be fine, I used to have a Hien X-Soft and didn't have any issue with its compression.
« Last Edit: Wed, 02 August 2017, 21:56:18 by a_ak57 »

Offline AlexAtPanc

• Panc Interactive
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 21:55:05 »
Gotta agree that grey 2 is a hit.

Offline omegafivethreefive

« Reply #19 on: Wed, 02 August 2017, 23:16:42 »
grey 2 vnays

Offline bbrotha

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 00:08:30 »
Grey 2 for me too.
Norbaforce 87U 45g  -- HHKB Type S Blanks-- Kira Keyboard -- M65-A -- Novatouch

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 13:32:30 »
Ok still checking if it can be the size of a desk mat.

Anyway Gray 2 is the clear winner from that i have suggested before.
Thought also about these versions here. Front page has been updated...
Gray 2 (as the winner of previous suggestions)

Gray 3

Gray 4

On the link you gave, above and to the right of the mousepad pic you can select from three different hardnesses, X-Soft, Soft and Mid.  I guess they thought if they put a "hard" option people would think it's a typical hard pad, so they opted to use those indicators for their mousepads.  Though really I think any of the options would be fine, I used to have a Hien X-Soft and didn't have any issue with its compression.
Ah i see thank you for the clarification. I ordered my year ago and forgot about this small detail of hardness. Though i've the soft version then.
« Last Edit: Thu, 03 August 2017, 13:36:09 by T0mb3ry »

Offline Robotical

« Reply #22 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 13:35:41 »
Still fully on board with Gray 2, but if I had to pick a second, it would be gray 4.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #23 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 14:30:17 »
In case of deskmat: which size would you prefer? And could you imagine a deskmat from Artisan? Though it will be quite costly but you get that you pay for like always.

Still fully on board with Gray 2, but if I had to pick a second, it would be gray 4.

Appreciate it. The gray 2 is my second favorite. My first fav was beige but if people want gray 2 so be it :)

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 15:19:59 »

Show Image

Gray 3
Show Image

Gray 4
Show Image

Ah i see thank you for the clarification. I ordered my year ago and forgot about this small detail of hardness. Though i've the soft version then.
Ok, gray 2 with the updated bigger logo and the gray 3 signs in bottom right corner :)

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 15:52:20 »

Show Image

Gray 3
Show Image

Gray 4
Show Image

Ok, gray 2 with the updated bigger logo and the gray 3 signs in bottom right corner :)

Well that is good possible :) Though i think i will do a poll in the end. Need just to figure out some details.

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #26 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 15:56:42 »
Love all the designs tbh. xD

If deskmat size is possible I'm definitely down. <3

Offline RedSuns

« Reply #27 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 18:12:52 »
Maybe you could shrink the main logo and spread it throughout the mousepad like watermarks.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #28 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 18:33:50 »
Maybe you could shrink the main logo and spread it throughout the mousepad like watermarks.

Prints are possible only in the corners and are limited in size. Also the mouse sensor may sturggle with tracking on multi color surface. For best functionality its always better to use monocolor surface. On the side note the prints do change the surface slightly. They have purely cosmetical purpose and it should be avoided to use mouse other those prints. Thats why i did not made the logo that big. Again i am aiming here at highest quality mouse pad/deskmat with highest offer of functionallity over the flashines. It should provide best possible environment for your mouse to function. Since Artisans are made only in black color this one here is actually a custom edition. Plus the carbon flair sweetens the whole. Hope someday we could offer a proper mouse with Carbon flair to complete a desk set.

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #29 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 19:15:04 »
A deskpad would be neat, but I feel like that given the price of their normal pads it'd be priced so high that only a few people would actually put down the money.  Most people already think their current prices are too much for a mouse pad.

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #30 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 19:31:24 »
A deskpad would be neat, but I feel like that given the price of their normal pads it'd be priced so high that only a few people would actually put down the money.  Most people already think their current prices are too much for a mouse pad.
You are right. I think we should try first making just the mouse pad. If it goes well, we could think about a deskmat.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9195 mit Tapatalk

Offline RedSuns

« Reply #31 on: Fri, 04 August 2017, 00:31:36 »

Prints are possible only in the corners and are limited in size. Also the mouse sensor may sturggle with tracking on multi color surface. For best functionality its always better to use monocolor surface. On the side note the prints do change the surface slightly. They have purely cosmetical purpose and it should be avoided to use mouse other those prints. Thats why i did not made the logo that big. Again i am aiming here at highest quality mouse pad/deskmat with highest offer of functionallity over the flashines. It should provide best possible environment for your mouse to function. Since Artisans are made only in black color this one here is actually a custom edition. Plus the carbon flair sweetens the whole. Hope someday we could offer a proper mouse with Carbon flair to complete a desk set.

Then I would stick with Gray 2 with the logo on the bottom corner, if possible. If you move your mouse over to the top left, it looks like the sensor would touch some of the icons for Gray 3 and 4. Also, the spacing between the icons for Gray 3 and 4 isn't aligned properly and as a whole it looks a bit bare. As for the mouse, hopefully it's comparable to the gaming mice out there with an optical sensor, two programmable buttons on the side, and rubber side grips. Then it would be a hard choice whether you want it to have a ergonomic shape or not.

Offline ReadmeDotTxt

« Reply #32 on: Sun, 06 August 2017, 03:09:54 »
Grey 2 still looks the best to me. I like the clean look.

Offline t4n6

« Reply #33 on: Mon, 21 August 2017, 18:02:20 »
Definitely Grey 2, although I'd be down to get a deskmat later on if you end up selling them too.

Any idea what the schedule for this would be/where it would be run? Massdrop?

Offline T0mb3ry

• Flickr
« Reply #34 on: Tue, 22 August 2017, 00:05:54 »
Definitely Grey 2, although I'd be down to get a deskmat later on if you end up selling them too.

Any idea what the schedule for this would be/where it would be run? Massdrop?

Yeah its going to drop on Massdrop, if everything is fine. For now i dont have any date for a possible drop...