Author Topic: IBM 5251  (Read 2677 times)

Offline xueyao

IBM 5251
« on: Fri, 29 September 2017, 21:55:58 »
https://www.ebay.com/i/132344639311

The entire terminal including the keyboard. $700 shipped to entire conUS. Pretty decent deal considering the terminal is working. Maybe someone really keen on the beamspring could offer the seller about the beamspring.

Offline ekeppel

Re: IBM 5251
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 30 September 2017, 12:35:53 »
That guy's had that listing up for quite a while now, and keeps relisting it, lowering the price along the way.  When he first listed it, I contacted him about selling just the keyboard, and mentioned that it would save him a lot in shipping costs, but he said no and said that shipping such a large item was no big deal, lol.

I suppose that's somewhat true.  Shipping something like that is no big deal, but having that shipment arrive undamaged at its destination is often an entirely different story.   

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 30 September 2017, 15:57:33 »
I suppose that's somewhat true.  Shipping something like that is no big deal, but having that shipment arrive undamaged at its destination is often an entirely different story.

I've found it helps if you tape a note to the box that says:

"Hey, shipping guys, please be careful with this, will you? It's old computer stuff, and we all know how cool that is. I don't want to keep you from having fun, though, so free to bash around everyone else's packages. Thanks!"
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
  • on Buckling Springs since '88
    • http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 09:04:55 »
I've found it helps if you tape a note to the box that says:

"Hey, shipping guys, please be careful with this, will you? It's old computer stuff, and we all know how cool that is. I don't want to keep you from having fun, though, so free to bash around everyone else's packages. Thanks!"
I will have to try this!  :)) :))

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 17 October 2017, 19:23:45 »
It says this item is "no longer available".
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg