Author Topic: Filco Majestouch with OSX — fully working?  (Read 11398 times)

Offline benfrain

• benfrain.com
Filco Majestouch with OSX — fully working?
« on: Tue, 03 October 2017, 11:27:31 »
Any users with a Filco Majestouch on OSX? Could you confirm that out of the box, or with Karibiner (https://pqrs.org/osx/karabiner/) you have been able to get all keys working?

I'm thinking specifically of mapping the Windows application key and 'pageUp' and 'pageDown' for volume, Windows application key and 'del' or 'end' to skip tracks etc?

Is all that possible? I have a WASD keyboard at work but importing them is quite costly. I'd like something similar for home and can get a Filco for around half the price, hence the question.

Offline Riverman

Re: Filco Majestouch with OSX — fully working?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 09 October 2017, 16:48:59 »
I've used an original Majestouch and a Majestouch 2 on my iMac running OS X.  They both work fine with Karabiner if you want to reassign the function keys.  I bought a set of WASD's Mac function keycaps, so I used Karabiner's preset F-key remapping.

Offline xtianyves

• YvesDrop
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 10 October 2017, 11:51:39 »
Worked great for me switching back and forth with Windows and mac OS using both a Majestouch and Majestouch 2.

For me though I don't remap any other keys besides switching Win and Alt to be Option and Command which is easy to do in the keyboard preferences pane. Just switch Option to Command and vice versa.

Offline Riverman

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 10 October 2017, 13:54:59 »
One thing to watch out for if you use Karabiner is that it overrides OS X's keyboard preference pane and its option to switch the Windows, Alt, and Control keys.  It took me a while to figure that out.

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 10 October 2017, 18:06:24 »
I've always used Karabiner, works great. It also remembers, so when you plug in your board again it remembers and uses the same settings again.
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline xtianyves

• YvesDrop
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 11 October 2017, 18:33:57 »
One thing to watch out for if you use Karabiner is that it overrides OS X's keyboard preference pane and its option to switch the Windows, Alt, and Control keys.  It took me a while to figure that out.

This is a great tip. Easy to forget!