Author Topic: [GB] Duck Jetfire Kustom Keyboard - GB Closed - All Shipped!  (Read 120259 times)

Offline superdoedoe

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Re: [GB] Duck Jetfire Kustom Keyboard
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 25 November 2017, 00:22:34 »
lol is one guy on the list 4 times?

Offline rippor

« Reply #51 on: Sat, 25 November 2017, 00:23:43 »
Invoices gone out? I haven't got mine yet?

Offline unmuscular_michael

« Reply #52 on: Sat, 25 November 2017, 00:35:19 »
Holy ****, I made it just under the wire. #97.

Offline TechieWeirdo

« Reply #53 on: Sat, 25 November 2017, 00:38:31 »
Number 86! Hell yea!
b o a r d s

Offline YiZZo

« Reply #54 on: Sat, 25 November 2017, 00:40:50 »
woot! I made it also, #89  ;D

Offline o2.luck

« Reply #55 on: Sat, 25 November 2017, 00:48:08 »
Dear Eltron,

I made a dupplicate. Already email to you.

Thank you!

Offline mmontess

« Reply #56 on: Sat, 25 November 2017, 01:58:35 »
Number 97, holy wow I feel lucky

Offline spaztikolon

« Reply #57 on: Sat, 25 November 2017, 02:04:47 »
Holy Smokes! I was so mad at myself after waking up late and seeing that I had set my alarm for the wrong day. So ecstatic to see that I just barely made it at #100!!!

« Reply #58 on: Sat, 25 November 2017, 05:49:09 »
Lucky #13

Offline Petch

« Reply #59 on: Sat, 25 November 2017, 07:07:49 »
Not quite the 2 minute sell out like LSv3 then

Offline Shoah

« Reply #60 on: Sat, 25 November 2017, 07:08:24 »
Do we know how long it took to be sold out?

Offline Undrcontrl

« Reply #61 on: Sat, 25 November 2017, 07:48:50 »

I would say, based on comments of some users, that it might have filled within the first hour but there are people who made the list that made mention here 2 hours after it opened that they just signed. Based on that info, I would say this list has people up to about the 2.5 hour mark.

Offline Shoah

« Reply #62 on: Sat, 25 November 2017, 07:49:37 »

I would say, based on comments of some users, that it might have filled within the first hour but there are people who made the list that made mention here 2 hours after it opened that they just signed. Based on that info, I would say this list has people up to about the 2.5 hour mark.
Thats quite along time. I wonder why there wasnt more demand.

Offline q1w2e3r4t5z

« Reply #63 on: Sat, 25 November 2017, 07:51:27 »
I filled out the form approx. 3h into the GB, so not the "usual" flash sale

Offline Petch

« Reply #64 on: Sat, 25 November 2017, 08:39:18 »
Are there any picture/renders of a silver top/black base?

« Reply #65 on: Sat, 25 November 2017, 08:43:34 »
I filled out the form approx. 3h into the GB, so not the "usual" flash sale
Not sure if it was just me but this one seemed to happen real quick an there wasn't much light shed on the GB, maybe I'm wrong though... Only way i knew of JF was from following the LSv3 thread an ducks IG.. But I usually browse GH on mobile so new ICs sometimes are not even seen.

Offline q1w2e3r4t5z

« Reply #66 on: Sat, 25 November 2017, 09:10:23 »
Same here, just saw a crosspost over at Reddit and then I filled out the form 'cause it was still open. Let's see, I saw at least one announcement IIRC, I think the same that you saw

Offline Undrcontrl

« Reply #67 on: Sat, 25 November 2017, 09:23:46 »

My thoughts are this:

1. As mentioned below, there was not as much lead up to this one. If you weren't really paying attention to GH or other threads, it kind of snuck up on you.

2. The market is SATURATED with numerous boards/sets/artisans right now so people are reeling from what to get on board. MD has multiple sets like Laser and other popular boards right now, numerous GBs for other nice boards out there, just finishing halloween artisan sales, etc.

3. The cost for this board is pricey out the gate. ~450 to even step to the plate isn't easy for everyone to swallow. Then you have choices of adding plate/pcb for spare, shipping, PP fees...some of us are over 600 into this GB alone. (Still worth it)

4. Black Friday/Xmas buying. A LOT of people have joined secret santas that they have to buy for, have family to start shopping for, traveling for holidays...then Black Friday was yesterday, the day of the GB, so a lot of people were picking up whatever deals they wanted to on those sales that are not mech related and might have either missed, thought they didn't have a chance, or simply couldn't cough up here as well.

Just my 2 cents.
« Last Edit: Sat, 25 November 2017, 09:31:44 by Undrcontrl »

Offline rmendis

• Artisan addict
« Reply #68 on: Sat, 25 November 2017, 10:30:19 »

My thoughts are this:

1. As mentioned below, there was not as much lead up to this one. If you weren't really paying attention to GH or other threads, it kind of snuck up on you.

2. The market is SATURATED with numerous boards/sets/artisans right now so people are reeling from what to get on board. MD has multiple sets like Laser and other popular boards right now, numerous GBs for other nice boards out there, just finishing halloween artisan sales, etc.

3. The cost for this board is pricey out the gate. ~450 to even step to the plate isn't easy for everyone to swallow. Then you have choices of adding plate/pcb for spare, shipping, PP fees...some of us are over 600 into this GB alone. (Still worth it)

4. Black Friday/Xmas buying. A LOT of people have joined secret santas that they have to buy for, have family to start shopping for, traveling for holidays...then Black Friday was yesterday, the day of the GB, so a lot of people were picking up whatever deals they wanted to on those sales that are not mech related and might have either missed, thought they didn't have a chance, or simply couldn't cough up here as well.

Just my 2 cents.

All valid points. I would also add...

5. Generally speaking, compact or TKL layouts tend to be more popular.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #69 on: Sat, 25 November 2017, 10:34:37 »
This is traditionally a bad time of year for GBs. $450+ is a lot of Christmas presents.

January and March-May is usually the best time to run a GB, since people have holiday money, or tax return money.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

« Reply #70 on: Sat, 25 November 2017, 11:51:42 »
This is traditionally a bad time of year for GBs. $450+ is a lot of Christmas presents.

January and March-May is usually the best time to run a GB, since people have holiday money, or tax return money.
Yeah $600USD (all in) in Canadian pesos is about $800, which is probably 4x some people's full Xmas budget lol.. When my bro and gf heard that I was spending that on a keeb with no caps and no switches... When I already have other keebs... An decently priced one, coming in the mail lol.. We probably had the funniest conversation about keyboards (ie. What's wrong with the ones you have here type of convo), let's just say that they think I have a serious problem.

Offline boo

« Reply #71 on: Sat, 25 November 2017, 13:52:43 »

My thoughts are this:

Just my 2 cents.

It was especially difficult for west coast people. Had to be up by 6am right after thanksgiving. That alone was pretty difficult, especially if you had couple drinks with friends and family over the holiday.

Still worth the trouble tho

Offline DillonHightower

• Formerly DillonHighsmith
« Reply #72 on: Sat, 25 November 2017, 21:39:27 »
Well hot dam, I made it in. I did not expect that .. very cool.

Offline rippor

« Reply #74 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 00:39:33 »

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #75 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 02:43:16 »
Just wondering why jet fire costs alot more than lsv3 and eagle, viper? Price keep rasing up  :(

Offline Shoah

« Reply #76 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 02:52:12 »
Just wondering why jet fire costs alot more than lsv3 and eagle, viper? Price keep rasing up  :(
Because its bigger and requires way more material probably.

Offline yookwh

« Reply #77 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 08:42:40 »
Lol I put in an entry hours after the form came up... Didn't expect to get in with how Lightsaver went. Surprised I made it in.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #78 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 11:30:57 »

Also, supply and demand
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline elton5354

« Reply #79 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 12:07:42 »
I've opened the form again - I've received a number of cancellations. I'm also in the process of updating all changes - the form will be live again tonight.

Offline Shoah

« Reply #81 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 14:22:38 »
The people who didn't cancel their order will not have to fill in the form again?
No that would make no sense, from what I understand he is just accepting a few more ppl to get up to the 100 orders again.

Offline ihalatch

« Reply #82 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 14:23:58 »
The people who didn't cancel their order will not have to fill in the form again?
No that would make no sense, from what I understand he is just accepting a few more ppl to get up to the 100 orders again.
Oh, that's good.

Offline Petch

« Reply #83 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 16:56:59 »

Also, supply and demand

You're saying they put the price up because of popularity?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #84 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 17:36:20 »

Also, supply and demand

Every other GB runner does it, duck is late to the party.

Offline OracleKev

« Reply #85 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 21:10:38 »

Also, supply and demand

I highly doubt that is the primary driver.

My understanding is Duck had this design done something like a couple of years ago, but the project was put on hold because the factory didn't want to do it due to fabrication complexity (translates into time, $).  The factory apparently signed up after much prodding and negotiating.

This board is significantly bigger and far more complex than LSV3.  Considering that, I don't see much room for "supply and demand" increase in the 16% price change which I thought reasonable.

This also is the first full layout board by Duck, which I think is a big deal.

« Reply #86 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 21:14:11 »

Also, supply and demand

I highly doubt that is the primary driver.

My understanding is Duck had this design done something like a couple of years ago, but the project was put on hold because the factory didn't want to do it due to fabrication complexity (translates into time, $).  The factory apparently signed up after much prodding and negotiating.

This board is significantly bigger and far more complex than LSV3.  Considering that, I don't see much room for "supply and demand" increase in the 16% price change which I thought reasonable.

This also is the first full layout board by Duck, which I think is a big deal.
Exactly this, the bottom an both top plate have that much more detail an complication, lsv3 shines the led from the sides on your table where as the jf has a full bottom, then the top plate vs lsv3 top plate is a whole nother story. There's that much more cnc work an aluminum on the case. Makes sense to me...

Offline avid

« Reply #87 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 21:34:04 »
Agree with OracleKev, price is not bad considering the complexity and size.

Only thing i wonder, is there any plans for bags, simular to kins? Fantastic both for transportation and storage when not in use. I know i would love a Duck-bag and would happily pay extra for that!

Offline ihalatch

« Reply #88 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 21:34:50 »
Elton, can you please send us the invoices? I mean the people who haven't cancelled their orders can pay their invoices now. Thanks.

Offline ihalatch

« Reply #89 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 21:38:42 »

Only thing i wonder, is there any plans for bags, simular to kins? Fantastic both for transportation and storage when not in use. I know i would love a Duck-bag and would happily pay extra for that!

+1

« Reply #90 on: Mon, 27 November 2017, 21:40:00 »

+1

+2 on the duckbag

Offline heckenjoni

« Reply #91 on: Tue, 28 November 2017, 12:28:37 »
is it normal that the google sopreadsheet is not working anymore ?

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #92 on: Tue, 28 November 2017, 12:38:46 »

+1

+2 on the duckbag

Chill its christmas season and there were a lot of GB ran for the past few weeks. People are recovering so take a break for another week or so

Offline q1w2e3r4t5z

« Reply #93 on: Tue, 28 November 2017, 15:41:18 »
is it normal that the google sopreadsheet is not working anymore ?

I've opened the form again - I've received a number of cancellations. I'm also in the process of updating all changes - the form will be live again tonight.

Basically this

Offline elton5354

« Reply #94 on: Tue, 28 November 2017, 18:25:41 »
I'm going to start sending some of the invoices now. I have reopened the spreadsheet.

Offline Petch

« Reply #95 on: Tue, 28 November 2017, 18:45:32 »
I'm going to start sending some of the invoices now. I have reopened the spreadsheet.
When's the deadline? Payday in a few days  ;)

Any chance of black bottom.silver top render/photo from duck also?

Offline sroop

« Reply #96 on: Tue, 28 November 2017, 18:50:07 »
When's the deadline? Payday in a few days  ;)

Any chance of black bottom.silver top render/photo from duck also?

The 14th unless I'm reading this wrong..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
« Reply #97 on: Tue, 28 November 2017, 18:59:20 »
How come the my deadline is 11/28/17 thats like due by today? That will be wayy to fast :(

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #98 on: Tue, 28 November 2017, 19:00:26 »
How come the my deadline is 11/28/17 thats like due by today? That will be wayy to fast :(

PayPal's default invoice deadline is the current day, most people don't change them. The invoice does not cancel after this date.

« Reply #99 on: Tue, 28 November 2017, 19:15:58 »
PAID! Damn Canadian Pesos.