Author Topic: [IC] SINGA 75, R2 April 2018. Photos of protos added. GB starting soon  (Read 55443 times)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
Re: [IC] SINGA 75, R2 in April 2018
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 02:03:49 »
I don't know if anyone has asked this yet or not:

In the first photo, the accent red keys (ESC and Enter)... are those from GMK Plum?  If so, they would be RO1 and seem to perfectly match the red of this case. 

Burgundy R2 is coming up... might have to sign up for both :)

Plum accents is correct, but they're not RO1
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline heckenjoni

« Reply #51 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 03:40:05 »
did you think about adding an acrylic layer for underglow support ?

Offline letze

• Here I am~
« Reply #52 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 06:21:01 »
The deep red color looks very much similar to the maroon one from GMK Camping, any chance we can compare these two color? If they are same, Camping would be dope on this  :D

Not too sure but maybe this will help
Show Image

This color perfectly match with SINGA animal characteristic 😀
HHKB Professional 2 Type S Stock | Topre RF 87U + Norbaforce + Mix BKE Heavy 60g/ Stock 55g + Silencing ring + Slight lubed with [Krytox GPL 105 housing] & [Krytox GPL 205 stab]

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #53 on: Wed, 10 January 2018, 07:57:12 »
I don't know if anyone has asked this yet or not:

In the first photo, the accent red keys (ESC and Enter)... are those from GMK Plum?  If so, they would be RO1 and seem to perfectly match the red of this case. 

Burgundy R2 is coming up... might have to sign up for both :)

Plum accents is correct, but they're not RO1

I see now.  Plum is #9c1a22 custom hex color.  Anyone have burgundy and plum that can show a side by side of their reds?

Offline catweewee

• SINGA | singakbd.com
  • * Vendor
  • Yellows
« Reply #54 on: Sun, 21 January 2018, 05:28:17 »
did you think about adding an acrylic layer for underglow support ?

hi!, actually no, I feel its kinda overdone, and also most importantly, it won't really match the theme and the design of the board.

The most important feature of the board is the sides and the Lion weight, I feel adding an underglow would just make it kinda tacky.

Offline Murrellz

Re: [IC] UPDATE! SINGA 75, R2 in April 2018
« Reply #55 on: Sun, 21 January 2018, 09:55:16 »
Just to clarify. Will brass weight be an option on this GB or is SS the only option? Really want to get in on this buy but I was a big fan of the brass weight!

Offline catweewee

• SINGA | singakbd.com
  • * Vendor
  • Yellows
« Reply #56 on: Sun, 21 January 2018, 10:24:56 »
Just to clarify. Will brass weight be an option on this GB or is SS the only option? Really want to get in on this buy but I was a big fan of the brass weight!

Only SS, unfortunately. Because r2 are all dark colours, SS would match perfectly. I want R1 and R2 to be different from each other, each with its own charm yet keeping the main feature which is the lion weight :). I didnt want to make the exact same copy of R1.

Hope youll still join tho! Renders and a prototype will come soon, maybe that will change your mind :)

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #57 on: Sun, 21 January 2018, 10:45:32 »
That's unfortunate that there won't be an option to choose between WK and WKL and between brass or SS options. This might be a deal breaker for me. :(

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Offline catweewee

• SINGA | singakbd.com
  • * Vendor
  • Yellows
« Reply #58 on: Sun, 21 January 2018, 10:56:12 »
That's unfortunate that there won't be an option to choose between WK and WKL and between brass or SS options. This might be a deal breaker for me. :(

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Maybe the prototype will change your mind

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #59 on: Sun, 21 January 2018, 11:23:42 »
Please reconsider your decision not to offer brass weights for R2. You have the option for a brass plate, which would not look right, in my opinion, with the stainless steel accents of the weights. Why the need to distinguish R1 from R2 with different weight material if it’s the same keyboard?

Looks great, for sure. Nice work!!
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #60 on: Sun, 21 January 2018, 11:32:57 »
Please reconsider your decision not to offer brass weights for R2. You have the option for a brass plate, which would not look right, in my opinion, with the stainless steel accents of the weights. Why the need to distinguish R1 from R2 with different weight material if it’s the same keyboard?

That's one of the thoughts I had regarding the brass weight as I would prefer a brass plate as well.

Secondly, I also prefer WK over WKL.

Offline catweewee

• SINGA | singakbd.com
  • * Vendor
  • Yellows
« Reply #61 on: Sun, 21 January 2018, 12:31:14 »

Actually, no brass plates offered this time too. Only SS and alu.

The Lion weight design remains the same but the inner weight is different. Renders are coming up, sorry for the confusion if it wasn't clear in the first post.

The decision not to offer brass weight again is exactly what you mean, I don't want an exact copy of R1, something similar but with its own difference. Hence, the different colours including the plates, and the different inner weight design.

R1 was a pet project of mine, to test my own ability to run a proper GB and get things right. And the results were exactly what I want. A quality board at not an exorbitant price :) It was private and only a small run of 30 units to friends.

I'll have renders up soon for R2.

Offline catweewee

• SINGA | singakbd.com
  • * Vendor
  • Yellows
« Reply #62 on: Sun, 21 January 2018, 12:34:58 »

That's one of the thoughts I had regarding the brass weight as I would prefer a brass plate as well.

Secondly, I also prefer WK over WKL.

I'm sorry :( during R1 when I offered both choices, the numbers for each version dictated the overall cost. Theres also one important thing, when anodizing, the volume/shape plays a factor in producing an even colour. So if you have 2 differing 'shapes', anodizing can go slightly off. This is what I learnt during R1.

I want to prioritize quality. Hope that make sense.

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #63 on: Sun, 21 January 2018, 12:38:01 »
I agree with those saying removal of the brass items isn't that great of an idea.  From the purchaser's point of view, it seems like you're purposefully producing an inferior board for the sake of differentiation and to make R1 more special.  I think a better option would be to tweak another aspect of the design slightly.   
keyboards.

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #64 on: Sun, 21 January 2018, 12:40:44 »

The Lion weight design remains the same but the inner weight is different. Renders are coming up, sorry for the confusion if it wasn't clear in the first post.

The decision not to offer brass weight again is exactly what you mean, I don't want an exact copy of R1, something similar but with its own difference. Hence, the different colours including the plates, and the different inner weight design.

R1 was a pet project of mine, to test my own ability to run a proper GB and get things right. And the results were exactly what I want. A quality board at not an exorbitant price :) It was private and only a small run of 30 units to friends.

Aww, I wanted to get one with a WKL anyway, but just to be sure, that beautiful dark red will still be an option for colors, right?

No brass plate/weight makes me a bit sad, I too hope that’s reconsidered, but I understand wanting to make the rounds different. It feels like a downgrade however. :(

Offline catweewee

• SINGA | singakbd.com
  • * Vendor
  • Yellows
« Reply #65 on: Sun, 21 January 2018, 12:45:42 »

Aww, I wanted to get one with a WKL anyway, but just to be sure, that beautiful dark red will still be an option for colors, right?

No brass plate/weight makes me a bit sad, I too hope that’s reconsidered, but I understand wanting to make the rounds different. It feels like a downgrade however. :(

Aw dont say that! I hope my renders and prototype will change your mind. But yes the red will remain. Its a gorgeous colour. The SS weight and plate will be sandblasted and TBH they're much more durable and won't dirty as easy. Brass will always patina.

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #66 on: Sun, 21 January 2018, 12:52:08 »

Aw dont say that! I hope my renders and prototype will change your mind. But yes the red will remain. Its a gorgeous colour. The SS weight and plate will be sandblasted and TBH they're much more durable and won't dirty as easy. Brass will always patina.

Sweet! Thank you so much for keeping that amazing dark red! I’m still in for sure, no worries. Looking forward to the renders/prototype. :)

Offline wixxzblu

« Reply #67 on: Sun, 21 January 2018, 16:29:03 »
I will wait for R3 to hopefully see brass weight/plate again and also spaced out F row in WK layout.

Offline catweewee

• SINGA | singakbd.com
  • * Vendor
  • Yellows
« Reply #68 on: Sun, 21 January 2018, 17:51:06 »
Quote from: wixxzblu link=topic=93398.msg2550675#msg2550675 date=
I will wait for R3 to hopefully see brass weight/plate again and also spaced out F row in WK layout.

I doubt I'll be doing R3 anytime soon. Got some collab projects and doing much travelling, R2 might be my last SINGA maybe!

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #69 on: Sun, 21 January 2018, 18:37:29 »
In the end, SS is only a little lighter than brass .. won't make mucb of a difference weight wise.
keyboards.

Offline catweewee

• SINGA | singakbd.com
  • * Vendor
  • Yellows
« Reply #70 on: Sun, 21 January 2018, 18:52:28 »
In the end, SS is only a little lighter than brass .. won't make mucb of a difference weight wise.

Yup 5-15% heavier depends. But its time for some sandblasted ssssssesss

Offline Minha

• I Don't Want To Die Like Cobain
« Reply #71 on: Sun, 21 January 2018, 20:50:46 »
can you have a pink option pls

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #72 on: Sun, 21 January 2018, 21:23:46 »

+1 I would pay extra for a brass lion (i could care less about the internal part of the weight) and WK (cause limited moq).

Offline catweewee

• SINGA | singakbd.com
  • * Vendor
  • Yellows
« Reply #73 on: Sat, 27 January 2018, 17:26:06 »

+1 I would pay extra for a brass lion (i could care less about the internal part of the weight) and WK (cause limited moq).

The reason I wanted to change to SS, was to make a difference to R2, and R2 buyers having something of their own while R1 buyers have something of their own.

By offering brass lions in r2, it'll feel like an overlap. The colours I chosen for R2 are also best matched with SS.

Hope that makes sense.

Offline catweewee

• SINGA | singakbd.com
  • * Vendor
  • Yellows
« Reply #74 on: Sat, 27 January 2018, 17:34:07 »
can you have a pink option pls

I had a pink option in R1, but only one sale :D, so yeah not much hype for pink.

R2 colours are listed in first post.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #75 on: Sat, 27 January 2018, 17:36:49 »
R2 colours are listed in first post.

All I saw was "4 new colours" ???

Champagne and Navy appear to be 2 of the 4...
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #76 on: Sat, 27 January 2018, 17:43:44 »
Only blocker tops are available?? :(
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline catweewee

• SINGA | singakbd.com
  • * Vendor
  • Yellows
« Reply #77 on: Sat, 27 January 2018, 17:49:28 »

Yeah Duy, it helps with QC and when youre anodizing, having only one top design helps with getting a better and even anode, when they are anodized together with the bottoms.

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #78 on: Sat, 27 January 2018, 18:05:14 »

Yeah Duy, it helps with QC and when youre anodizing, having only one top design helps with getting a better and even anode, when they are anodized together with the bottoms.

No I know! I'm just whining because the world doesn't cater to my every whim :P

Now you hurry up and make a TKL :D

Also what are you doing up at like 6 in the morning? Early riser?

Offline wixxzblu

« Reply #79 on: Sat, 27 January 2018, 18:10:14 »
WKL only is a real bummer, I would love to get singa, but missing an essential key to the work flow just doesn't do it for me.

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #80 on: Sat, 27 January 2018, 18:17:34 »
WKL only is a real bummer, I would love to get singa, but missing an essential key to the work flow just doesn't do it for me.

I am not too bummed about the actual winkey, as I usually map that to capslock and use 7u bottom row without winkeys, but my grievance is more to do with the fact that on a WKL blocked 75%, you have to pick between Right Ctrl and Alt Gr, not both, and as I make use of US-International keymap which places a lot of stuff on the Alt Gr layer, losing that is a bummer!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #81 on: Sat, 27 January 2018, 18:22:13 »

I am not too bummed about the actual winkey, as I usually map that to capslock and use 7u bottom row without winkeys, but my grievance is more to do with the fact that on a WKL blocked 75%, you have to pick between Right Ctrl and Alt Gr, not both, and as I make use of US-International keymap which places a lot of stuff on the Alt Gr layer, losing that is a bummer!

just map it into the top right, that's what i do
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline wixxzblu

« Reply #82 on: Sat, 27 January 2018, 18:32:01 »

Which one puddsy, winkey or alt gr? Also don't you loose another essential key by doing that? Like page up, home or print screen.
« Last Edit: Sat, 27 January 2018, 18:48:42 by wixxzblu »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #83 on: Sat, 27 January 2018, 18:44:28 »

Which one puddsy, winkey or alt gr? Also doesn't you loose another essential key by doing that? Like page up, home or print screen.

i usually go for printscreen, since i use sharex and have the capture bound to shift+F1

i'd rather have my winkey out of the way

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #84 on: Sat, 27 January 2018, 19:08:26 »

Move it to a place where I have to get my hands off the homerow to use? For a key of which the entire point is to use it as a modifier in conjunction with another key? I'd rather not, thank you very much.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #85 on: Sat, 27 January 2018, 19:59:29 »

Move it to a place where I have to get my hands off the homerow to use? For a key of which the entire point is to use it as a modifier in conjunction with another key? I'd rather not, thank you very much.

everyone's usage chain is different

Offline duynguyenle

« Reply #86 on: Sun, 28 January 2018, 05:42:10 »

everyone's usage chain is different

Never heard that phrasing before, usually it's 'usage pattern' or 'workflow', but sure, suit yourself!

Offline catweewee

• SINGA | singakbd.com
  • * Vendor
  • Yellows
« Reply #87 on: Sun, 28 January 2018, 11:37:53 »
Hi guys! Prototype for R2 has been ordered and should be arriving in 2-3 weeks.

Offline Theconejo

« Reply #88 on: Sun, 28 January 2018, 11:48:57 »
get that cream yall

Offline catweewee

• SINGA | singakbd.com
  • * Vendor
  • Yellows
« Reply #89 on: Sun, 28 January 2018, 11:53:42 »

Offline Jhors2

« Reply #90 on: Sun, 28 January 2018, 15:55:58 »

Prepare the hype!!
Duck Blackbird | Duck LSv3 | Duck Unicorn X Legend |  TX-75 | Mira SE | LZ-CP | LZ Iron | LZ Ergo | Duck Jet Fire | OTD 360 Corsa Apple Silver | TGR-910 CE

Incoming: Zeal Zephyr | Duck TC-V3 | Singa R2 | LZ GH v2 | Noxary 280 S | Noxary 220 S

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #91 on: Sun, 28 January 2018, 23:32:02 »

Much excite!

The New inner weight looks huge! (Which is awesome).

Do you think it’s gonna be heavier than the R1 versions? I don’t care if it isn’t, I was just curious.  :thumb:

Offline catweewee

• SINGA | singakbd.com
  • * Vendor
  • Yellows
« Reply #92 on: Mon, 29 January 2018, 00:14:04 »

Much excite!

The New inner weight looks huge! (Which is awesome).

Do you think it’s gonna be heavier than the R1 versions? I don’t care if it isn’t, I was just curious.  :thumb:

Yes.

Offline Murrellz

« Reply #93 on: Mon, 29 January 2018, 04:41:51 »
Do you have any pictures of what Jet Purple will look like? Same as the Purple from R1? Also, is the colour "Velvet" the silver from R1? Thanks in advance!

Offline catweewee

• SINGA | singakbd.com
  • * Vendor
  • Yellows
« Reply #94 on: Mon, 29 January 2018, 04:57:35 »
Do you have any pictures of what Jet Purple will look like? Same as the Purple from R1? Also, is the colour "Velvet" the silver from R1? Thanks in advance!

Hi colour chips are coming in. Not the same violet blue as r1. Rather a deep jet purple like below

Itll be darker than the photo. Chips will be more accurate.

Offline Murrellz

« Reply #95 on: Mon, 29 January 2018, 04:58:43 »
Thanks for the quick reply. Looks good to me :thumb:

Offline EdwardEvad3rs

« Reply #96 on: Mon, 29 January 2018, 06:24:03 »
Mark this, straight all in to this, and support Malaysia made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #97 on: Mon, 29 January 2018, 07:04:19 »

Creampagn.
keyboards.

Offline catweewee

• SINGA | singakbd.com
  • * Vendor
  • Yellows