Author Topic: [GB] Used OG Cherry Doubleshots (Re-Shipped 7/15)  (Read 16379 times)

Offline Jacob4341

[GB] Used OG Cherry Doubleshots (Re-Shipped 7/15)
« on: Fri, 18 May 2018, 12:27:17 »

Invoices have been sent out then and are due 6/10.

* These are the 3 Sets are being offered.

1) White/Beige set in the 1800 layout (WKL w/ short right shift). Referred to as White/Beige Short Shift

2) Another White/Beige set available in the 3000 layout (WKL w/ standard shift). Referred to as White/Beige Long Shift

3) WOB set in the 3000 layout (ANSI 104). WoB

I am offering 3 choices of *USED* OG Cherry Doubleshot keycaps. These are Thick Doubleshot ABS made by Cherry. You can choose between OG White/Beige Short Shift, White/beige Long Shift, and White on Black(WOB). Please note the layouts the different sets will cover. (below)
We will be buying from a taobao seller. The respective listings can be found by clicking the name of the item in the payment section.

* Quantity: 15 White/Beige Short Shift, 20 White/Beige Long Shift, 10 BoW. I will take orders for sets with no spots left up to (#of spots+5) in case invoices don’t get paid. Spots are FCFS when filling out the order form.

* Pictures from seller. Images show samples of the Short Shift and WoB sets. As we expected, they are dirty and the white/beige is yellowed. He cannot give me samples of the Long Shift set yet but has said they look like the other set, perhaps in slightly better condition. More on that below.

* I will be cleaning each keycap set for free before shipment from my house. This will significantly improve the condition of keycaps upon arrival. I will update with pictures when I do this and ship them out. For those who want to know, each set will be soaked in warm water with 3 denture tablets for 1 hr. Contact me separately if you do not wish for me to wash your caps for whatever reason.

* Additionally, I will be offering a Retrobright service for the white/beige caps. Retrobrighting your caps should eliminate the yellowing of the caps and should restore them, bar the shine. I will be doing this for an additional 5$/set. For transparency, I currently haven’t done this before but I will have experience with a set of AEK keycaps prior to doing your caps. I have updated the form with this service as an option. If you have already submitted an order to the form and would like this service either resubmit your order or message me individually on any platform. Please don’t do both.

White/Beige Short Shift *Shift keys swapped in pic*

White/Beige Long Shift

WOB

Compatibility
These sets all have different compatibility. I tried to show this by providing KLE images of the key layouts above.

White/Beige Short shift is a WKL Layout with a split right shift.
White/Beige Long Shift is a WKL Layout with standard shift.
BoW is an ANSI 104 Layout.

Timeline
* Group buy: 5/18-6/3
Invoice: 6/1-End of following week (6/8).
Order Placed: 6/10
Estimated Delivery: Late June. There will be regular shipping updates.

Price

* White/Beige Short Shift– 45$+Shipping (from US) 16/15 Sold. 4 Backup slots are available.
* White/Beige Long Shift– 55$+Shipping (from US) 18/20 Sold.
* WoB– 85$+Shipping (from US) 4/10 Sold.
* US Shipping 5$, international shipping approx. 15$.
* 5$ Off each additional set after your first one.

For the sake of transparency, I am marking up the sets ~10$ from what they cost on taobao in order to cover shipping fees from china to the US and to cover a few extra sets in case we come up short a couple or if someone has missing or broken keycaps. It should also to help with paypal fees.

I will be placing our order with superbuy, a proxy service for taobao. The order will be shipped to my house in the US. From there I will do QC and ship to the rest of the US or internationally.
« Last Edit: Sun, 15 July 2018, 12:27:43 by Jacob4341 »

Offline Arhipio

• TheBananaMan
Re: [GB] OG Cherry Doubleshots
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 18 May 2018, 13:01:45 »
Definitely interested in a beige set. Count me in :)
« Last Edit: Fri, 18 May 2018, 13:04:04 by Arhipio »

Offline Peppermint216

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 18 May 2018, 13:09:43 »
If I mix these with GMK alphas would the profile fit? And the texture?

Offline lee jeong woo

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 18 May 2018, 13:11:50 »
Is this a used product?

I have seen this product in Taobao

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 18 May 2018, 13:14:21 »
These pop up on ebay, especially WOB for much cheaper, and you get the rest of a keyboard.

And I'm curious how will you handle sets in poorer condition?

Does buying early mean you get the better set versus the next person??

Also for anyone who isn't familiar with taboa always assume the photos they send you are the very best set they have, yours will probably not look as good.

I see too many risks and the price is meh.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 18 May 2018, 13:16:17 »
Most likely all used, with some shine.  OG Cherry doubleshots are my favorite in terms of feel (I love the shiny surface too).  You should be able to mix and match with new GMK sets, however keep in mind that the new "classic beige" GMK sets will be slightly different color from OG Cherry two-tone beige sets.  My "white on black" OG doubleshots were more like pale cream on black--I don't know if the current WoB GMK is pure white on black or not, also something to check.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline Jacob4341

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 18 May 2018, 13:36:56 »
If I mix these with GMK alphas would the profile fit? And the texture?
Yes they will be the same profile and ABS. Only thing to consider is there may be some shine to some of he caps and that can change the texture of caps.

snip
Hello, thank you for concerns. In regards to quality, I asked seller about scratches or broken caps and they said they arent damaged and where gently taken off the boards. Best i can say is expect little/some shine. At the price point i think the white/beige are a great deal. WoB is a little pricey but i think some of that comes with the compatibility. I will be QC'ing all orders before I ship them out and will replace any scratched/broken caps with extra sets. (given supplies lasts)

Most likely all used, with some shine.  OG Cherry doubleshots are my favorite in terms of feel (I love the shiny surface too).  You should be able to mix and match with new GMK sets, however keep in mind that the new "classic beige" GMK sets will be slightly different color from OG Cherry two-tone beige sets.  My "white on black" OG doubleshots were more like pale cream on black--I don't know if the current WoB GMK is pure white on black or not, also something to check.
Thanks for your comment! I am unsure about the cream color rather than the white, but I can say that most readily available, cheap WOB sets are from 11900 cherry boards, which has a specific issue where the entire bottom row is off-center and non-standard. This set is is standard ANSI layout.

Offline Jacob4341

Re: [GB] Used OG Cherry Doubleshots -Major Update 5/24- Orders Close 6/3
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 07:38:19 »
Hi all. I have just updated the thread with a major update. We have images from the seller, quantity confirmation, free keycap cleaning, a retrobright "package," and more.

The most notable thing is I had to delete all previously made orders. I'm sorry for this but after all the new changes it the was the best way I saw to get though that. I will be sending an email to the paypal email address you gave me to ask you to go ahead and resubmit the form with a link to this GH thread and the order form.

I hope these updates find you all well. Thanks for the support.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 07:56:21 »
Love me some OG cherry

Offline Jacob4341

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 08:17:04 »
Love me some OG cherry
You and me both!

Offline foxmancore

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 08:38:00 »
submitted form :)

Offline placebo guy

« Reply #11 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 09:53:53 »
Order submitted.  Thanks for setting it up.
Leopold TKL MXRed; RF 103U 55G; WASD MXBlack; Unicomp Spacesaver; AT101W; RK-9000 Blue; various Filco

Offline Jacob4341

« Reply #12 on: Sun, 03 June 2018, 07:39:24 »
submitted form :)
Thanks!
Order submitted.  Thanks for setting it up.
Thanks!

Offline Jacob4341

« Reply #13 on: Sun, 03 June 2018, 07:40:41 »
This is a reminder that the last day to place your order is today. The order form will be closed at 11:59pm tonight. Invoices will be sent out then and will be due by 6/10.

Thanks for everyone's support!
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 June 2018, 07:45:28 by Jacob4341 »

Offline placebo guy

Re: [GB] Used OG Cherry Doubleshots (Last Day to Order)
« Reply #14 on: Sun, 03 June 2018, 21:41:04 »
PM sent. Wanted to change my order to only (1) White/Beige Long Shift. LMK.
Leopold TKL MXRed; RF 103U 55G; WASD MXBlack; Unicomp Spacesaver; AT101W; RK-9000 Blue; various Filco

Offline AdrianMan

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 04 June 2018, 01:15:13 »
Ordered one also.

Now we need a group buy to get HADapters :)

Offline TheDankMatter

• Ladies & Gentlemen, We Are Floating In Space.
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 04 June 2018, 02:32:33 »
HADapter would be really nice. Impossible to find nowadays.

Offline AdrianMan

« Reply #17 on: Mon, 04 June 2018, 03:35:34 »
Can't we round up a groub buy or something for HADapters again? I'm sure it would reach moq...

Offline Jacob4341

« Reply #18 on: Mon, 04 June 2018, 14:01:41 »
Can't we round up a groub buy or something for HADapters again? I'm sure it would reach moq...

I'd be all for it. I'm not sure if I'm the guy to run it but will look into it in my downtime.

Offline AdrianMan

Re: [GB] Used OG Cherry Doubleshots (INVOICED)
« Reply #19 on: Mon, 04 June 2018, 14:08:54 »
Paid :) Looking forward to my awesome set :)

Offline JubJubCity

« Reply #20 on: Mon, 04 June 2018, 16:22:46 »
Paid

Offline bigapplepietart

• Topre Convert
« Reply #21 on: Mon, 11 June 2018, 22:41:00 »
Paid for my WoB set. Can't wait!
Current:
Palmetto (Ultraglides) | Heavy Grail (Purple DES V1) | hiney tkl one PC (Orange SKCM Alps) | Lunar II (Green SKCL Alps) | Sho S60 V2 (45g stock domes) | HHKB Hybrid Type-S

Past:
Razer Blackwidow (MX Blues) | FC660M (MX Blues) | GH60 (Ergo Clears) | 8x mkI (Vintage Blacks) | Klippe (Sakurios) | Equinox (Sakurios) | MGA (Silent Alpacas) | Kei (Creamsicles) | KFE CE (Alpacas) | Rukia R1 (Durock L7) | H60 (Silent Blacks) | E80-1800 (MX Blacks) | Ottantaquattro (Vintage Blacks) | hbcp (Vintage Blacks) | HHKB Pro 2 Stock (45g Topre) | ADK64 (Blue SKCM Alps)

Offline Jacob4341

« Reply #22 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 11:37:13 »
I just placed our order. I will send out another update in the upcoming days when our order gets to their Guangdong Warehouse!

Offline JubJubCity

« Reply #23 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 11:54:34 »
I just placed our order. I will send out another update in the upcoming days when our order gets to their Guangdong Warehouse!
Nice can't wait

Offline JubJubCity

Re: [GB] Used OG Cherry Doubleshots (Order Placed)
« Reply #24 on: Fri, 22 June 2018, 00:33:07 »
Any updates?

Offline Jacob4341

« Reply #25 on: Fri, 22 June 2018, 00:45:55 »
Any updates?

Hello! The seller has shipped the keycaps to superbuy's guangdong warehouse. They should arrive Friday or Saturday. From there I will pay for shipping to the US and will have an update with the product pictures superbuy will provide!

Expect to receive an email about major updates like SB receiving our order and me receiving/shipping orders.

Offline JubJubCity

« Reply #26 on: Fri, 22 June 2018, 00:51:44 »
Any updates?

Hello! The seller has shipped the keycaps to superbuy's guangdong warehouse. They should arrive Friday or Saturday. From there I will pay for shipping to the US and will have an update with the product pictures superbuy will provide!

Expect to receive an email about major updates like SB receiving our order and me receiving/shipping orders.
Nice super Hyped for these. Thanks for the quick response.

Offline Jacob4341

« Reply #27 on: Sat, 23 June 2018, 15:20:40 »
Our order just got to Superbuy's warehouse. I paid for EMS shipping so it should all get here in a week +- a few days. From there I will clean all our caps and treat the sets with retrobright for those who ordered it. I will be shipping out orders without retrobright first while I'm treating the sets that do have it.

Pics: https://imgur.com/a/8nEIXv1

Offline placebo guy

Re: [GB] Used OG Cherry Doubleshots (Delivered to SB Warehouse)
« Reply #28 on: Sat, 23 June 2018, 23:22:20 »
Is it me or do the BoW Long Shift packages have severe yellowing.  Hopefully it's just the pics.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #29 on: Sun, 24 June 2018, 00:12:56 »
Is it me or do the BoW Long Shift packages have severe yellowing.  Hopefully it's just the pics.

wholly possible, a lot of taobao doubleshots are pretty ****ed up
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline AdrianMan

« Reply #30 on: Sun, 24 June 2018, 08:46:29 »
I just hope they will turn out ok after retrobrighting and that they don't have heavy shine... It would be a downer to get a bad set after paying 75$ for a long shift set....

Offline JubJubCity

« Reply #31 on: Sun, 24 June 2018, 11:16:48 »
I just hope they will turn out ok after retrobrighting and that they don't have heavy shine... It would be a downer to get a bad set after paying 75$ for a long shift set....
I'm just hoping the retrobright goes well, don't really mind the shine since the sets are used already.

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #32 on: Fri, 29 June 2018, 05:48:59 »
Were there any extras or did you just buy what was ordered?
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline JubJubCity

« Reply #33 on: Fri, 29 June 2018, 18:51:22 »
Any pics of how the retrobright is going?

Offline foxmancore

« Reply #34 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 14:43:48 »
The main reason I bought these was because of the retrobright option.

Now you're just gonna say "sorry not gonna do it"?

This more than sucks

Offline Jacob4341

« Reply #35 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 14:46:42 »
snip

Any pics of how the retrobright is going?

Hello, I just sent out an email regarding this. I needed to pick up more hours at work to help with college and that is keeping me from being able to retrobright the caps. I will be refunding everyone who opted for it the 5$ and shipping all orders out this weekend. I am very sorry for this but I hope people can understand.

Offline bigapplepietart

• Topre Convert
« Reply #36 on: Sun, 08 July 2018, 22:34:59 »
Will tracking numbers be provided once the orders are shipped out?
Current:
Palmetto (Ultraglides) | Heavy Grail (Purple DES V1) | hiney tkl one PC (Orange SKCM Alps) | Lunar II (Green SKCL Alps) | Sho S60 V2 (45g stock domes) | HHKB Hybrid Type-S

Past:
Razer Blackwidow (MX Blues) | FC660M (MX Blues) | GH60 (Ergo Clears) | 8x mkI (Vintage Blacks) | Klippe (Sakurios) | Equinox (Sakurios) | MGA (Silent Alpacas) | Kei (Creamsicles) | KFE CE (Alpacas) | Rukia R1 (Durock L7) | H60 (Silent Blacks) | E80-1800 (MX Blacks) | Ottantaquattro (Vintage Blacks) | hbcp (Vintage Blacks) | HHKB Pro 2 Stock (45g Topre) | ADK64 (Blue SKCM Alps)

Offline JubJubCity

« Reply #37 on: Mon, 09 July 2018, 19:59:45 »
Will tracking numbers be provided once the orders are shipped out?
Yeah i would like to know as well. Haven't received a refund for the retrobright or email yet.

Offline Jacob4341

« Reply #38 on: Tue, 10 July 2018, 13:41:33 »
Your orders have been Shipped! If you are eligible, expect your 5$ refund to be processed in 3-5 days per my bank.

I have sent everyone a separate email with their tracking number, though I think paypal also should have sent you one too. If you did not receive one for whatever reason, message me and I will get you your tracking number.

Note: Not all orders have been shipped. 2 people have not been sent their orders yet due to circumstances we agreed upon for their orders to be shipped the following week.

Offline JubJubCity

Re: [GB] Used OG Cherry Doubleshots (Shipped)
« Reply #39 on: Sat, 14 July 2018, 18:09:27 »
Has anyone received the caps yet? Got tracking but keeps informing me that the items are on the way to the USPS facility still.

Offline base

« Reply #40 on: Sat, 14 July 2018, 23:59:23 »
Has anyone received the caps yet? Got tracking but keeps informing me that the items are on the way to the USPS facility still.

Mine are still in Pre-Shipment status as well.

Offline schylarker

« Reply #41 on: Sun, 15 July 2018, 07:27:08 »
I had an order marked as "delivered to PO Box" when I didn't have one.

I contacted OP about it, and he said that it was returned to him and that he's been having a couple issues with shipping, so my guess is to wait for reship in a bit.

Offline Jacob4341

« Reply #42 on: Sun, 15 July 2018, 12:26:27 »
Mine are still in Pre-Shipment status as well.
I had an order marked as "delivered to PO Box" when I didn't have one.

I contacted OP about it, and he said that it was returned to him and that he's been having a couple issues with shipping, so my guess is to wait for reship in a bit.

Hello, I had a postage issue that has been resolved. Boxes are being re-shipped out tonight. CONUS will take 2-5 days and international orders should take a week. Sorry for the delays.

Regards,
Jake

Offline Jacob4341

Re: [GB] Used OG Cherry Doubleshots (Re-Shipped 7/15)
« Reply #43 on: Sun, 15 July 2018, 12:29:24 »
Tracking Numbers should update with the correct location once they are processed through the shipping facility tonight/tomorrow morning

Offline base

« Reply #44 on: Sun, 15 July 2018, 12:31:22 »

Hello, I had a postage issue that has been resolved. Boxes are being re-shipped out tonight. CONUS will take 2-5 days and international orders should take a week. Sorry for the delays.

Regards,
Jake

Tracking Numbers should update with the correct location once they are processed through the shipping facility tonight/tomorrow morning

Thanks for the update!  :thumb:

Offline schylarker

« Reply #45 on: Thu, 19 July 2018, 23:28:06 »
Received. Thanks!

The caps are pretty yellowed (browned even) but I bought with the intention of sanding these down. I gave it a go on a similarly discolored set, and it yields a very nice matte-smooth/satin finish that feels very pleasant to touch. It somewhat resembles epbt.

I just go over each surface with 400 grit sandpaper until the discoloration is removed

https://imgur.com/a/R9AId1L

Offline JubJubCity

« Reply #46 on: Thu, 19 July 2018, 23:57:59 »
Received. Thanks!

The caps are pretty yellowed (browned even) but I bought with the intention of sanding these down. I gave it a go on a similarly discolored set, and it yields a very nice matte-smooth/satin finish that feels very pleasant to touch. It somewhat resembles epbt.

I just go over each surface with 400 grit sandpaper until the discoloration is removed

https://imgur.com/a/R9AId1L
Nice so are the pics just to show the discoloration or the other caps the ones you sanded. Looks like my caps are stuck in FL for some reason

Offline DocNoc

« Reply #47 on: Fri, 20 July 2018, 03:48:24 »
wait is OP up to date?

Offline Jacob4341

« Reply #48 on: Fri, 20 July 2018, 09:18:24 »
wait is OP up to date?

Hi uh no it isn't really. Havent had the time to update it but recent posts on this thread by me and emails have kept everyone informed to the best of my ability.

Offline beerafffe1

« Reply #49 on: Sat, 21 July 2018, 14:53:10 »
Got mine earlier this week, here it is on a 1800