Author Topic: [Help] Duck Blackbird's firmware won't update, need detectives and technicians!  (Read 1440 times)

Offline senryo

• Problems are challenges.
    • Thic Thock
Hi there, as title, I'm really stressed out because I feel so helpless. I've tried to seek help from Google, since the Duck community isn't that big, there was no return of similar case that I can refer to.

So here's now it all happened and anything I think that may have contributed to this predicament I'm facing.

- This afternoon, I plugged in another keyboard - Vortex Vibe, it took PC a while to recognize the keyboard. Even after my PC successfully recognizing it, I couldn't type Alphas at first, but worked later on.

- I unplugged Vortex Vibe and returned using my Blackbird, I didn't use the numpad by then, but I'm not sure whether at this timeline it had already been compromised already.

- AFK for a while, came back and realized the numpad became non-numpad layout(2, 4, 6, 8 became arrows).

- Tried to reinstall the hardware, both Atmel and keyboard hardware.

- Tried to flash the firmware and update it so that I could add a numlock option to my layout.

- Failed as in the layout didn't update. (Note that there was no error whatsoever from connecting Atmel driver to uploading firmware to the hardware, the command window indicated that it was successfully updated.)

- Proceed to use on-screen keyboard to activate numlock to temporarily fix the issue.

- Port Blackbird to my notebook and install it as a new keyboard.

- Upon succession of installing the hardware, notebook recognizing the keyboard, numpad was not working - it became non-numpad layout.

- Flashed it with Keymapper and attempted to update the firmware.

- Failed.

I didn't add a numlock option on the layout. I'm baffled how it just snapped and numlock was turned off by default.

Given that even plugging it into a new notebook, the numpad was automatically recognized as non-numpad layout. I'm still figuring out how did it happen when I didn't flash the firmware in the first place to make it like this. I couldn't update the firmware layout now. Does shorting pin on the microcontrol to reset it helps solve the problem?

TLDR: It is fully functional as of this moment, 2 problems only - 1) cannot update firmware; 2) it is set to default numlock off, meaning I have to find another way to switch on numlock whenever I port this keyboard to a new device.

Offline senryo

• Problems are challenges.
    • Thic Thock
Bump for visibility