Author Topic: [IC] SA Night King (GB Now Live)  (Read 52464 times)

Offline SiegeTowers

[IC] SA Night King (GB Now Live)
« on: Thu, 06 July 2017, 02:39:10 »
Maxkey SA Night King

GB Now Live!! https://en.zfrontier.com/collections/maxkey/products/maxkey-night-king

Designed by SiegeTowers of Pindutan Club Philippines

SA Night King is a set inspired by the famous TV series antagonist, Night King. Depicting the
Night King's characteristic coldness and brutality, the blue tricolor scheme was inspired by the
Night King's icy armor, crown and skin.

Specifications
-SA Profile
-MX Stem compatible > * Colors: Mods: BED/#003649, Alphas: BEY/#4d8b92, Legends: BFO/#9dc3cb
-Thick 1.5mm ABS plastic with doubleshot legends
-Will be produced by Maxkey
-GB will be hosted by Z-frontier

Siegetowers is one of the founders of the Pindutan Club Philippines, a group of
enthusiasts aiming to further promote the importance and beauty of mechanical
keyboards by organizing, designing, and gathering together with the rest of the
mechanical keyboard community.

180168-0

180170-1

Renders by thesiscamper

Pricing from Z-Frontier
178756-2

Official GB thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=92098.0

Support us by using the signature!
Special thanks to GreyAmbience for making this

Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=90427.0][img]https://i.imgur.com/2KH8gKH.png[/img][/url]
1. Select and copy the code;

2. Go to the "Profile" tab;

3. Press "Forum Profile";

4. Paste the code into the "Signature" box;

5. Press "Save" and you are done!

172502-3

GB thread still awaiting approval
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 October 2017, 10:46:55 by SiegeTowers »

Offline hormbre

• I am not played by keycaps = =!
Re: [IC] SA Night King
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 11:11:09 »
Great idea , while the new season is coming soon.

I like the color of Alphas in the second picutre above. Maybe you could make the color of font for the background of Modifiers ,and the color of background for the font of Modifiers. ;)
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 July 2017, 11:16:05 by hormbre »

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 12:18:22 »
 :thumb:
I'm leaning more towards the bottom design, personally.

Offline elfick

• Can I get Colemak and a side of fries with that?
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 15:46:26 »
One problem... if you do them as SA the series will be long over before you get the caps.  ;D

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 17:45:57 »
Love the 2nd color combination.  As for vendors, waiting for ages or MaxKeys?

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 18:41:22 »
One problem... if you do them as SA the series will be long over before you get the caps.  ;D

That's okay... they are working on like 5 spinoffs for HBO.

I for one am only interested in SP. I could deal with Back Space, but between back space. shif t and the mismatched serif's on f1/f10-12, I just can't deal. That said, I also don't think there would be anything wrong with running it both ways.

Now if maxkeys can just fix their molds, then I'm fine with that :D

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 20:44:41 »

That's okay... they are working on like 5 spinoffs for HBO.

I for one am only interested in SP. I could deal with Back Space, but between back space. shif t and the mismatched serif's on f1/f10-12, I just can't deal. That said, I also don't think there would be anything wrong with running it both ways.

Now if maxkeys can just fix their molds, then I'm fine with that :D

Just think of it as getting old school SP SA caps before they fixed that stuff.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 07 July 2017, 20:58:08 »
That doesn't help me any lol. Can't unring a bell. I know it's there now.

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 08 July 2017, 04:41:48 »
I've heard maxkey will be fixing their molds soon.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 08 July 2017, 05:26:19 »
Oh? This seems intriguing.
I am still undecided about whether or not I completely support Maxkey's way of doing things.
Still, them fixing their molds is good, gonna wait and see if they actually turn out decent.

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #10 on: Sat, 08 July 2017, 07:24:14 »
I like option 1 and 2 a lot. The contrast between alphas and legends make it seem like the legends are glowing

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #11 on: Sat, 08 July 2017, 07:53:48 »
I like option 1 and 2 a lot. The contrast between alphas and legends make it seem like the legends are glowing

that was my first plan but a lot of people from r/mk told me to change it because it might be hard to read in reality. It could've been a nice idea tho. :(

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #12 on: Sat, 08 July 2017, 12:37:49 »

We've heard "they're gonna fix the kerning" since March and several sets that were supposedly going to be fixed still had the old kerning, so I wouldn't necessarily count on it.

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 08 July 2017, 13:04:37 »

We've heard "they're gonna fix the kerning" since March and several sets that were supposedly going to be fixed still had the old kerning, so I wouldn't necessarily count on it.

Yep, I'm gonna believe it when I see it

Offline yuppie

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 12 July 2017, 00:38:12 »
DSA pls
"Overall, it's a good community..  wish you well on your Pokemon Journey.." - TP4
Current Trades -- Wishlist

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 13 July 2017, 09:38:22 »
DSA pls

not a lot of people are into dsa's but hey if we get people to notice my colorway with a more popular profile we can do a rerun with dsa. ;)

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #16 on: Fri, 18 August 2017, 05:22:58 »
good day boys, as we all have heard, maxkey finally fixed all their kerning issues. Would you guys be interested with these being run by max key?

Offline elfick

« Reply #17 on: Fri, 18 August 2017, 11:47:23 »
I could be interested in a maxkeys set of this. Of the two in the OP, I prefer the less greenish bottom set. Using the Night King picture as a reference, have you considered pulling the color of his eyes for the legends (alpha and mod) using something like BFK or BOH?

Offline Rykno

« Reply #18 on: Fri, 18 August 2017, 12:05:11 »
Maxkeys supposedly fixed all of the inconsistent stock molds with the Superhero set (and one other which escapes me).

I would hold the manufacturer decision until the production samples of Superhero arrive.

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #19 on: Sat, 19 August 2017, 07:56:07 »
Maxkeys supposedly fixed all of the inconsistent stock molds with the Superhero set (and one other which escapes me).

I would hold the manufacturer decision until the production samples of Superhero arrive.

news has it that the fix of the kerning issues are actually fixed. Jchan of keyclack himself helf maxkey to fix their kerning. Even the R2 ashen claims they have fixed kernings. but yeah. let us wait for the confirmation product. to see is to believe anyway

Offline Rykno

« Reply #20 on: Sat, 19 August 2017, 08:01:35 »

news has it that the fix of the kerning issues are actually fixed. Jchan of keyclack himself helf maxkey to fix their kerning. Even the R2 ashen claims they have fixed kernings. but yeah. let us wait for the confirmation product. to see is to believe anyway

I totally agree. A lot has been said about the fixed molds but without the finished product nothing is certain. That's why I didn't join the Superhero group buy because I was afraid they were just lying (and I love Batman).

Seeing is believing.

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #21 on: Sat, 19 August 2017, 08:07:33 »
I could be interested in a maxkeys set of this. Of the two in the OP, I prefer the less greenish bottom set. Using the Night King picture as a reference, have you considered pulling the color of his eyes for the legends (alpha and mod) using something like BFK or BOH?

yes. it looks bad. but still to give you perspective of what it looks like here it is.

BFK
176352-0
BOH
176354-1

Offline KeLorean

« Reply #22 on: Sat, 19 August 2017, 09:31:23 »
change your alphas to beige and add that alpha color to an accent color

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Click it OR Ticket!

Offline elfick

« Reply #23 on: Mon, 21 August 2017, 12:02:36 »

yes. it looks bad. but still to give you perspective of what it looks like here it is.

BFK
(Attachment Link)
BOH
(Attachment Link)
I kind of like it on the alphas, would definitely need something else on the mods though.

Offline KeLorean

« Reply #24 on: Mon, 21 August 2017, 13:09:19 »
can u throw in an accent set with some beige keys for like enter and esc? i'd like that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Click it OR Ticket!

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #25 on: Tue, 29 August 2017, 06:45:04 »
HEAR YE HEAR YE

GOOD DAY TO YOU BUIS. Z-Frontier has pledged just now to carry out the GB for this set. I will finalize my novelty designs soon and might post an IC form and also better renders!!! Let me know what you think about this update. Peace out.

Offline Petch

« Reply #26 on: Tue, 29 August 2017, 08:47:52 »
HEAR YE HEAR YE

GOOD DAY TO YOU BUIS. Z-Frontier has pledged just now to carry out the GB for this set. I will finalize my novelty designs soon and might post an IC form and also better renders!!! Let me know what you think about this update. Peace out.
So, SP?

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #27 on: Tue, 29 August 2017, 08:56:55 »
HEAR YE HEAR YE

So, SP?

It'd be probably maxkey. Still waiting for the release of lime, superhero, and ashen R2 to confirm the fixes they've made. I mean, if the kerning issues are already fixed why not maxkey. Cheaper and faster alternative. but if you have some concerns regarding this. please let me know

Offline Petch

« Reply #28 on: Tue, 29 August 2017, 10:35:49 »
HEAR YE HEAR YE

So, SP?

It'd be probably maxkey. Still waiting for the release of lime, superhero, and ashen R2 to confirm the fixes they've made. I mean, if the kerning issues are already fixed why not maxkey. Cheaper and faster alternative. but if you have some concerns regarding this. please let me know

No no, I was hoping for Maxkey personally.

Are you just doing standard + novelties are are you going to do something similar to Maxkey Calm Depths IC?

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #29 on: Wed, 30 August 2017, 09:06:42 »
HEAR YE HEAR YE

So, SP?

Are you just doing standard + novelties are are you going to do something similar to Maxkey Calm Depths IC?

what do you mean like maxkey  calm depths ic? i actually want to throw in some compatibility keys and some extra accent keys like miami night. still looking for some inspirations for the set so if you have ideas, they would be pretty much welcomed! really want to make this set a reality.

Offline Petch

« Reply #30 on: Wed, 30 August 2017, 09:26:28 »
HEAR YE HEAR YE

So, SP?

what do you mean like maxkey  calm depths ic? i actually want to throw in some compatibility keys and some extra accent keys like miami night. still looking for some inspirations for the set so if you have ideas, they would be pretty much welcomed! really want to make this set a reality.

You can see here, he'll be offering support for a lot of layouts; 75%, 1800, HHKB, Control/caps lock swap, etc

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #31 on: Wed, 30 August 2017, 10:46:45 »
HEAR YE HEAR YE

So, SP?

Show Image

You can see here, he'll be offering support for a lot of layouts; 75%, 1800, HHKB, Control/caps lock swap, etc

isn't this the standard for maxkey? the usual 124 keys?

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #32 on: Wed, 30 August 2017, 11:00:11 »
HEAR YE HEAR YE

So, SP?

Show Image

wait actually now i get yah. yes i am these are the compatibility keys i am thinking of including. but these keys might increase the price of the whole set for everyone and not everyone needs it. maybe we can make a separate kit for this compatibility keys?

Offline Cerasis

« Reply #33 on: Sat, 02 September 2017, 21:58:55 »
Support for 65,75,WKL,HHKB please! Petch's suggestion is very nice. Helps to gather more people into buying the set.

If you can add enough to fit in 40%s or a hackjob'd planck layout it'd be nice too lol
Bantam44 | M0116 | Miuni32 | EXENT | Un-novatouch'd Novatouch to be fixed

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #34 on: Sat, 02 September 2017, 22:19:21 »
Support for 65,75,WKL,HHKB please! Petch's suggestion is very nice. Helps to gather more people into buying the set.

If you can add enough to fit in 40%s or a hackjob'd planck layout it'd be nice too lol

I am actually thinking of adding a planck set. So i guess i should add a compatibility kit to this set? like comp keys also for hhkb type boards and all.

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #35 on: Sat, 02 September 2017, 22:21:27 »
thoughts on accent keys?

177376-0

Offline Jubileus

« Reply #36 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 02:55:03 »

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #37 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 03:35:08 »
link=topic=90427.msg2485534#msg2485534 date=1504425303]
thoughts on accent keys?

(Attachment Link)

White accent keys pls :D

these actually look very nice

white
177385-0

beige
177387-1

i made a beige one because someone form this thread actually requested one but imo the white ones look better[quote author=Jubileus
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 September 2017, 03:46:19 by SiegeTowers »

Offline Auk

« Reply #38 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 05:03:54 »
...any thoughts on these accent kits?

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but imho these do not work at all. Neither the blue, red, white or beige suggested compliment the primary colorway.
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 September 2017, 05:05:39 by Auk »

Offline turbosloth

« Reply #39 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 05:11:14 »
thoughts on accent keys?

I like the white accent, but personally think the blue/red/beige don't fit at all.

+1 for a planck addon set tho!

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #40 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 05:55:30 »
...any thoughts on these accent kits?

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but imho these do not work at all. Neither the blue, red, white or beige suggested compliment the primary colorway.

Opinion taken. Do you think any other color can match the primary color way? just added the blue one to account night king's eyes but yes i agree, it doesn't match at all. maybe i just can use the blue color for some novelty legends maybe? still working on things regarding this.

thoughts on accent keys?

I like the white accent, but personally think the blue/red/beige don't fit at all.

+1 for a planck addon set tho!

Good to know! coz i myself is a 40 ortho user. u think i should add keys with legends or just blanks like all of the other sets with ortho/placnk kit?

Offline turbosloth

« Reply #41 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 06:24:52 »
Good to know! coz i myself is a 40 ortho user. u think i should add keys with legends or just blanks like all of the other sets with ortho/placnk kit?

Hmm. I'd definitely prefer legends overall.

Having a kit like the Calm Depths Planck kit would be nice as long as its feasible. I'm no group buy expert tho idk if that will be hard without jacking up the price or causing issues

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #42 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 08:16:18 »

Hmm. I'd definitely prefer legends overall.

Having a kit like the Calm Depths Planck kit would be nice as long as its feasible. I'm no group buy expert tho idk if that will be hard without jacking up the price or causing issues

I think that will jack up the price real high bec rn the calm depth price is at 100+ usd. but let's see what we can do. I will coordinate with zfrontier so they can give me an idea if i can make a separate kit just for the planck kit

Offline gnunin

« Reply #43 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 08:32:36 »
Real nice looking set. Really like the beige enter key.

Offline SiegeTowers

Re: [IC] [b]SA Night King[/b]
« Reply #44 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 11:16:45 »
Here are the novelties!
« Last Edit: Sun, 03 September 2017, 11:21:01 by SiegeTowers »

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #45 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 11:37:01 »
Here are the novelties!
(Attachment Link)

Umm did you manage to get HBO consent for novelties somehow?   

btw I really like a LOT the Night King here and some other, however not really into these caps: 

The dagger (supposed to be dragon glass?) is a bit ugly, while i still didn't get what is the other thing on the right. Maybe it would be nice to have something near to a dragon at this point  (not only the eye) and also a sword on fire? 

Offline SiegeTowers

« Reply #46 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 11:50:42 »
Here are the novelties!
(Attachment Link)

btw I really like a LOT the Night King here and some other, however not really into these caps: 

Show Image

The dagger (supposed to be dragon glass?) is a bit ugly, while i still didn't get what is the other thing on the right. Maybe it would be nice to have something near to a dragon at this point  (not only the eye) and also a sword on fire?

yes. they said inspired is okay but just dont straight out copy. the thing on the right is actualy night king's emblem on his chest.

see here: https://www.flickeringmyth.com//wp-content/uploads/2016/05/game-of-thrones-season-5-nights-king-hbo-600x337.jpg

regarding things about dragon, anything else more than the eye is a bit extra for me. any suggestions?

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #47 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 12:27:17 »
Here are the novelties!
(Attachment Link)

Show Image

yes. they said inspired is okay but just dont straight out copy. the thing on the right is actualy night king's emblem on his chest.

see here: https://www.flickeringmyth.com//wp-content/uploads/2016/05/game-of-thrones-season-5-nights-king-hbo-600x337.jpg

regarding things about dragon, anything else more than the eye is a bit extra for me. any suggestions?

Nice to know :) 
Oh for the emblem i really didn't noticed it, i still don't like it but it make sense now.  Well my suggestion is the fire sword. Also not sure if Maxkey can do novelties for keys bigger than 1u, but if they could you can do surely something nice for the enter, still i'm thinking about dragons here.

In general i think that on any key a nice dragon logo could be cool, you can take inspiration by googling "dragon logo", there are some nice things around: 

Also i would suggest to slightly rework the dragon glass, It seems more like a kitchen knife :D   You can even turn that into Jon Valyrian sword

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #48 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 12:49:57 »
Also, here is an example of the dragon glass knife, i think the one on the right would actually look like the real dragon glass knife showed in the show

Offline jeperstone

« Reply #49 on: Sun, 03 September 2017, 13:30:03 »
Also, here is an example of the dragon glass knife, i think the one on the right would actually look like the real dragon glass knife showed in the show

Show Image

Will this be better?