Author Topic: [Status Update] Starry Night DSA  (Read 59645 times)

Offline zF_ScrambledEggz

• zFrontier
[Status Update] Starry Night DSA
« on: Fri, 03 November 2017, 00:01:17 »
Hi, this is ScrambledEggz from zFrontier, and I will be helping with zFrontier’s status update posts here in this subforum.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back in September 2017, we launched a Group Buy for Starry Night DSA dyesub keyset by Keyreative (https://en.zfrontier.com/collections/keyreative/products/dsa-starry-night).
181391-0

The initial estimated ship date was early November but Keyreative has just informed us that it will be delayed to the end of November due to the fact that they had just finished color mixing on Oct.25th and finished injecting the keys on Nov.3th. The shipping will be delayed as Starry Night is still under production and it will take some time for them to finish the dyesub.

Here are the samples from Keyreative:
181393-1
181395-2
181397-3
181399-4
181401-5

Again, we apologize for the delay and I will keep you guys updated.

Offline zF_ScrambledEggz

• zFrontier
Re: [Status Update] Starry Night DSA
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 08 November 2017, 01:57:15 »
Update:

Nov 8th, Keyreatuve starts dye-subbing

Offline zF_ScrambledEggz

• zFrontier
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 11 November 2017, 03:43:30 »
Update:
Nov.11 Keyreative has just informed us that  the estimate shipping date will be delayed to 12/7/2017. We are very sorry for the delay and we have requested them to add several novelties as gift. We will keep you updated.

Offline zF_ScrambledEggz

• zFrontier
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 30 November 2017, 05:14:24 »
Update:
Nov.30
Shipping starts!

Offline aspenc4

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 30 November 2017, 08:55:50 »
Awesome, thanks for the update!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 30 November 2017, 11:38:27 »
These look very nice.  I’m bummed that I didn’t get in on the group buy.  Any chance you will have extras in stock at some time?

Offline AuthenticDanger

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 30 November 2017, 11:42:35 »
So excited to get my set! Thanks for the updates!
F Keys belong on the left.

Offline zF_ScrambledEggz

• zFrontier
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 30 November 2017, 20:22:41 »
Orders within China will go first, international orders will follow. ;) will be there soon!

Offline zF_ScrambledEggz

• zFrontier
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 30 November 2017, 22:07:17 »
These look very nice.  I’m bummed that I didn’t get in on the group buy.  Any chance you will have extras in stock at some time?

Sorry, but there will be not extras in stock :(

Offline mintfish

« Reply #9 on: Thu, 30 November 2017, 22:10:44 »
Thanks for the update!

Offline aspenc4

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 01 December 2017, 02:14:36 »
Update:
We have requested them to add several novelties as gift. We will keep you updated.

What are the chances we could get a pic of the novelties to hold us over?  Now that I know they are shipping, I need a fix.  :D

Offline hailong88

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 03 December 2017, 21:41:28 »
Customers in China already got this set and the yellow color is very good  :thumb. I hope they will ship international on time. Cheer! ;D

Offline aspenc4

« Reply #12 on: Sun, 03 December 2017, 23:09:48 »
Customers in China already got this set and the yellow color is very good  :thumb. I hope they will ship international on time. Cheer! ;D
Awesome, glad to hear! You have any pic links by chance? I’d love to see what’s coming

Offline hailong88

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 04 December 2017, 03:44:42 »

Offline Ailment

« Reply #14 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 14:19:04 »
Glad to see this shipping, interested to see how these feel vs my SP DSA set.

Offline aspenc4

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 05 December 2017, 18:43:03 »
http://www.zfrontier.com/post/detail/3560

here you go
Hey, thanks for the link! The set looks so good, can’t wait for it to arrive.

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #16 on: Wed, 03 January 2018, 22:02:01 »
Will there be a Round 2 of Starry Night DSA? It looks so nice. The colors are great!

Offline DMacKB

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 08:23:48 »
Will there be a Round 2 of Starry Night DSA? It looks so nice. The colors are great!

Check the site, it’s up!

Offline KeLorean

« Reply #18 on: Tue, 13 March 2018, 20:49:18 »
So I'm totally interested in this set now. Novelties are amazing. I think I'm gonna get the classic full kit and all of the novs. My question is what add on will get me to that standard gmk compatibility?

Sent from my Z971 using Tapatalk

Click it OR Ticket!

Offline -Rooster-

« Reply #19 on: Sat, 31 March 2018, 21:57:43 »
I really want to get in on round 2, but the set appears to be missing any kind of homing keys. Is that correct, or did I miss something? All of the sets and color options available, and there doesn't even appear to be an add-on for homing keys.

Offline anonymous

« Reply #20 on: Sun, 06 May 2018, 05:42:24 »
Any updates on r2?

Offline CustomerSupport

• 🕸 developer
    • Discord
« Reply #21 on: Tue, 22 May 2018, 14:13:26 »
Any updates on r2?

Would also like an update on R2. Really excited to receive the set; site said shipping May 2018, and I emailed the support email with no reply yet.

I'd just want an estimated shipping date if that's possible.

Thanks!

Offline Ajax

« Reply #22 on: Tue, 22 May 2018, 14:47:14 »
I emailed ZFrontier and they said that Keyreative was dyesubbing and that shipping is expected to begin in early June, a slight delay.
« Last Edit: Tue, 22 May 2018, 15:09:53 by Ajax »

Offline CustomerSupport

• 🕸 developer
    • Discord
« Reply #23 on: Tue, 22 May 2018, 15:41:49 »
I emailed ZFrontier and they said that Keyreative was dyesubbing and that shipping is expected to begin in early June, a slight delay.

Cool, thanks for passing that along. Doesn't seem like that bad of a delay. I've got a busy first few weeks of the month so hopefully it will go by quickly :D

Offline Ajax

« Last Edit: Fri, 08 June 2018, 16:26:59 by Ajax »

Offline CustomerSupport

• 🕸 developer
    • Discord
« Reply #26 on: Tue, 12 June 2018, 15:52:46 »
Also worth noting that this is a 3mo delay, but they are also switching the profile to KAM profile, which is a proprietary profile developed by  Keyreative, and is similar to DSA.

Offline CustomerSupport

• 🕸 developer
    • Discord
« Reply #27 on: Fri, 21 September 2018, 14:02:19 »
Hi zF_ScrambledEggz, is there an update on status of round 2?

It's been longer than the 3 month delay estimated for going from DSA to KAM; wondering what the status is, when shipping will start, and when international orders can expect to see our packages.

Thank you!

Offline Ajax

« Reply #28 on: Sat, 22 September 2018, 21:26:16 »
wondering what the status is

I asked them at the beginning of September and they said that it will probably start shipping in early or mid October. Situation may have changed since then.

Offline CustomerSupport

• 🕸 developer
    • Discord
« Reply #29 on: Tue, 25 September 2018, 13:14:03 »
wondering what the status is

I asked them at the beginning of September and they said that it will probably start shipping in early or mid October. Situation may have changed since then.

This is turning into quite the s-show. I understand GB stuff can be messy, but providing this timeline holds, we'd be seeing a delay of 5 months for a keycap set, all-in-all. Further compounded by the lack of communication (website has not been updated to reflect the new timeline(s) or the change in profile), most EU/US purchasers would have waited half a year to receive this set in a profile we didn't even ask for in the first place.

At this point I'll be getting a MD set that was ordered 2 days after Starry Night started, was supposed to start shipping late August, and was delayed a month, before Starry Night even begins shipping.

E: I'm not totally angry, just frustrated. Hopefully zF can learn from this experience to provide a better consumer experience with more communication; that's quite literally all I am asking since that's all they can offer (i.e. they don't control manufacturing).
« Last Edit: Mon, 08 October 2018, 10:23:39 by CustomerSupport »

Offline CustomerSupport

• 🕸 developer
    • Discord
« Reply #30 on: Mon, 08 October 2018, 10:25:27 »
Asked for a quick update from zF and they responded that due to public holidays, shipping should start later this month. Almost there!

Sorry for the late update,

DSA Starry Night R2 is, yes, now KAM. It's expected to ship in late Oct. The KAM Blanks finished production late last month, and due to having two public holidays following each other later Sept and Early Oct, it's been delayed. Sorry for the long wait. Will ship it out as soon as possible.

Best,
Alex

Offline Ashardalon

• Ashkeebs
    • Ashkeebs Lubing Service & Shop
« Reply #31 on: Sun, 04 November 2018, 01:33:37 »
I've also had a lot of issues with quality control between Keyreative and zFrontier and resolution/communication with zFrontier. 4 tickets and 5 weeks to get an issue resolved, 2 of the tickets were never responded to. Alex is really nice, but it does not look good on paper.

Offline Ajax

« Reply #32 on: Sun, 04 November 2018, 11:10:48 »
I just learned about it, but apparently zFrontier has a project updates page where they post biweekly updates on every project, including Starry Night. As per the most recent post on Oct. 23, there's been a problem with the spacebar and shipping is delayed until Nov. They'll give us another update in the next few days, though, so hopefully we don't see more delays.

Here's their project updates page: https://en.zfrontier.com/blogs/project-updates/project-updates-oct-23-2018

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #33 on: Wed, 07 November 2018, 18:52:09 »
I've also had a lot of issues with quality control between Keyreative and zFrontier and resolution/communication with zFrontier. 4 tickets and 5 weeks to get an issue resolved, 2 of the tickets were never responded to. Alex is really nice, but it does not look good on paper.

Unrelated to the post, but almost a year of waiting on my end. I got two replies and then nothing. I’m still missing an ALF X2 nameplate and a JTK Aqua novelty..

Offline CustomerSupport

• 🕸 developer
    • Discord
« Reply #34 on: Wed, 07 November 2018, 20:24:14 »
Yeah it's quite annoying.

Unfortunately I don't anticipate ordering from zF in the future. The delays are frustrating, but the lack of communication only makes it worse.

Offline Ajax

« Reply #35 on: Sun, 02 December 2018, 12:44:29 »
Hoping it ships before 2019, any pertinent information? I emailed three weeks ago and Alex said that there were issues with the spacebars. Welp, maybe it'll be a Christmas present from past me  ;)

According to keyreative, they are still working towards fixing the spacebar. We demanded Keyreative to give an official project update post and a second round of compensation, they conceded. Please wait for our update on this.

We again, are sorry for the long wait :(

If you no longer wish to wait, feel free to let me know.

Best,
Alex

Offline bhgemini

« Reply #36 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 16:37:44 »
Not looking good. alex last replied to me in late Oct and said to please check the project pages on there website from then on, instead of emailing support. The post from Oct 23rd mentioned the messed up space bar, and shipping would happen in Nov. I emailed once each week from mid Nov to now trying to get an update since I was maybe moving (decided to stay put, thankfully), but have not received a single response (except automated). It's now Dec 5th, and the still haven't updated us, but do have time to email us and update their website with new offers.

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #37 on: Mon, 31 December 2018, 09:39:40 »
I charged back Starry Night. You don't get to hang onto my $200+ for months without telling me what's going on.

You can keep the caps. I prefer my money.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline elpeterson

« Reply #38 on: Wed, 09 January 2019, 14:26:28 »
If you paid with PayPal, like I did, you cannot chargeback the purchase. So now they get my money AND I don't get caps. I hate this.

Offline Ajax

« Reply #39 on: Thu, 10 January 2019, 09:58:01 »
Email support, they said they were willing to give refunds in an email I had with them. Also, got this update:

Keyreative is still producing the keycaps and they aim to finish them in January. Every remaining order will automatically receive addition kits.

will update once they are ready to ship.

Best

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #40 on: Sun, 13 January 2019, 09:54:20 »
If you paid with PayPal, like I did, you cannot chargeback the purchase. So now they get my money AND I don't get caps. I hate this.

I was fortunate enough that my CC company was willing to do it. zFrontier didn't respond to my email, but they issued a refund once the chargeback was opened. Evidently you can get a refund if you just email them, but they ignored my emails...

Anyway this whole situation rubs me the wrong way. All they had to do was post an update on their site...
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline bball2

« Reply #41 on: Wed, 16 January 2019, 23:46:13 »
Man what a frustrating group buy, no updates on their site since November either =\

Offline bhgemini

« Reply #42 on: Thu, 17 January 2019, 10:10:48 »
Yeah, I got another late reply on Dec 3rd and now nothing since. Just requested a refund. We'll see what happens. They can add new GB and specials every week, but can't answer a status update, or deliver product.

Offline bhgemini

After a week, no reply to refund request Re: [Status Update] Starry Night DSA
« Reply #43 on: Thu, 24 January 2019, 09:13:05 »
Now, they are not even responding to refund request emails. Used both Alex's direct email, and the link on their website.

Offline bhgemini

They finally posted an update. New ship date is March 2019 Starry Night DSA
« Reply #44 on: Thu, 31 January 2019, 12:43:47 »
Still hasn't responded to my refund request

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #45 on: Thu, 31 January 2019, 12:49:04 »
That looks beautiful.
Really nice looking. I'm hoping to get the modifiers if you sell those separetly.

Offline azachhh

« Reply #46 on: Sun, 17 February 2019, 22:29:40 »
Yeah, I’ve been emailing them once a week since the first of January & have yet to get a response.

Offline bball2

« Reply #47 on: Mon, 01 April 2019, 14:34:30 »
https://en.zfrontier.com/blogs/project-updates/project-updates-mar-2-2019

Looks like the March delivery is no longer happening...

Offline CustomerSupport

• 🕸 developer
    • Discord
« Reply #48 on: Mon, 15 April 2019, 20:03:29 »
Jesus. I just really need them to update my shipping information :(

Offline bhgemini

I honestly believe that after the first delay, that Alex Lin's business model is now just a Ponze scheme that got out of hand. He and zfrontier have no intention of delivering product and just keep loading up on GBs. With 33 open GBs, no delivery, no response to refund requests, and stringing everyone on delays until after Paypal's 180 day dispute, then radio silence. I went back and looked at responses from their support and sure enough, responses up until about 190 days after I paid, then nothing.
I've now sent an email every week, and even made sure it is short and sweet for the translation in their office. Things like 'Update of Order #XXXXXXXXX' and now just 'Refund on Order #XXXXXXXXX' and still no response.

They should be banned from all MKB GBs and sites going forward.