Author Topic: [IC] GMK Yellow on Black  (Read 20212 times)

Offline anonymous

[IC] GMK Yellow on Black
« on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 08:10:21 »
2018 is year of the yellow!

IC FORM
https://goo.gl/forms/UVTRQxw2NllitlVq1

Yeah, uh huh, you know what it is

This keyset is heavily inspired by the colors of the watster keycap. Since many yellow keyset designs are popping out this 2018, why not make more?!

• Colors used are: CV & CR from GMK
  • Rendered set is based from the base set of GMK Samurai

Base Set

Majority of the suggestions is to have an affordable set. I know GMK is not "cheap" but i'll try to lower the cost as much as possible. I trimmed down the base kit with the goal to lessen the price. I basically removed the compatibility with ortho and 40%. The removed keys can be added with a 40s/ortho compatibility kit if people are interested

Revised base set
http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/gists/3884ac5f6fa47f9216478ad8e38c1d70

Yellow add-on kit:
http://www.keyboard-layout-editor.com/#/gists/fc1e9ba1ba752531706ecb9ef8d2136b

To add: Novelties Kit, 40s/Ortho Kit

I just rechecked the colors and here are the color samples from GMK including CR, GE1, CV, N6. Some suggested to use GE1 instead of CV but I think CV would be better. GE1 is too pale? It's lighter but I think that makes it look dead and not really vibrant. So, final decision is that I will stick with CV

Novelties

R3 (for Capslock) From the song black and yellow. This can also fix the problem of adding multiple yellow accent keys. This can work as a universal key for FN, CTRL or Capslock since "You know what it is" :)
R1 This key will come with the community icon kit. The text is in Baybayin, an ancient Philippine script and it says MKBWPH, our local mechanical keyboard community in the Philippines.
R4 Bee and honeycomb novelties. Will come in 1u and 1.25u sizes.
R4 Pixel art Thunderstone and pikachu novelties. Will also come in 1u and 1.25u sizes.

Let me know what you think!

Things that need to be considered / Next steps:
  • Final base kit  and add-on kits
  • Text mods or Icon mods?
  • A better render
  • Vendor/Proxies

Banner
Show your support!
Copy and paste the code below to your signature in forum profile
Code: [Select]
[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=95109][img width=300 height=116]https://i.imgur.com/JfmsDmN.png[/img][/url]
« Last Edit: Sat, 14 April 2018, 17:05:16 by anonymous »

Offline Vigrith

Re: [IC] GMK Yellow on Black a.k.a GMK Capsters
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 08:29:54 »
I don't particularly care for the theme/novelties but the colourway looks great, fairly surprised that it hasn't been ran before.

Offline Delirious

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 08:31:51 »
I'll buy it in a heartbeat if novelties are offered in a separated pack. Not interested in ****ty memes.

Offline InvidiousIgnoramus

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 08:34:17 »
"heavily inspired"
AKA, someone else designed these novelties, and i'm going to include them anyway.
I long for the day when I find a beamspring. (At a not insane price)

Offline Krelbit

• Switchmod.net
    • Switchmod
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 08:37:55 »
Asking first may have been the best plan of attack, to be honest. Anyone can use the watster, though.

The mold for watster is already there. Use it as you please (maybe send me a set with the money you saved on the mold  :p)

Offline anonymous

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 08:49:00 »
Asking first may have been the best plan of attack, to be honest. Anyone can use the watster, though.

The mold for watster is already there. Use it as you please (maybe send me a set with the money you saved on the mold  :p)

Hello there! I am not planning to use them without permission from the original designers. Just put it there for people to see what will be the theme for the novelties. But yeah, I apologize if I posted it without getting permission
« Last Edit: Tue, 10 April 2018, 08:56:01 by anonymous »

Offline anonymous

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 08:50:48 »
"heavily inspired"
AKA, someone else designed these novelties, and i'm going to include them anyway.

hmm. I just said that those may or may not be included, depending on the decision of the original designer

Offline anonymous

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 08:55:23 »
I'll buy it in a heartbeat if novelties are offered in a separated pack. Not interested in ****ty memes.

they will definitely be in a separate kit. ****ty memes are gud

Offline Krelbit

• Switchmod.net
    • Switchmod
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 09:51:14 »

Hello there! I am not planning to use them without permission from the original designers. Just put it there for people to see what will be the theme for the novelties. But yeah, I apologize if I posted it without getting permission

I would have posted the IC after asking the novelty designers. If your set is so focused on the Novelties enough to the point of getting a second name for it, then I would have made sure I could secure the Novelties first, no?

Either way, permission granted on watsters if you really needed that. Good luck.

Offline anonymous

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 09:58:12 »

I would have posted the IC after asking the novelty designers. If your set is so focused on the Novelties enough to the point of getting a second name for it, then I would have made sure I could secure the Novelties first, no?

Either way, permission granted on watsters if you really needed that. Good luck.

Yeah, again I apologize. I don't know who the novelty designers are and not taking the time researching them is me being lazy. Now that I've thought of it, the novelties are not really a priority. They're rather just an option. Besides, if people would want watsters or the others that are already created, they can get it from other vendors if they want.
« Last Edit: Tue, 10 April 2018, 10:13:52 by anonymous »

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Re: [IC] GMK Yellow on Black
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 10:34:15 »
It's OK, but I think I prefer the more muted Yolch set that's coming a bit better.

Offline jimirolln

« Reply #11 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 10:35:30 »
reading this thread straight shakn my head...com etiquette am i right...lmao...@anon krelbit was the first to pump the watster...however it is a standard sym in the dropdown in the kle tool...but it is his brand ambassador

so what is really going on here is you were about to promote his brand for what appears to be probono...and was perceived as socially tacky by the soul beneficiary of the gesture...however slight the permission granted would appear

i will never cease to be amazed at the social sentiment of proper etiquette in the community...dead...gg...wtf

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 10:36:48 »
When are you planning on running this?
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline jimirolln

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 10:39:05 »
It's OK, but I think I prefer the more muted Yolch set that's coming a bit better.

this kind of garbage would not be acceptable in a gb thread...and com is always ready to proclaim the ic forum as 'pre' group buy

so how is this appropriate...you don't like...thats cool...no constructive encouragement...thats fine...but wtf man

are people really this shameless or is this a mirage cast by the forum?

Offline anonymous

« Reply #14 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 10:40:51 »

not soon. this will prolly run after yolch
« Last Edit: Tue, 10 April 2018, 10:44:24 by anonymous »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #15 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 10:45:01 »

not soon. this will prolly run after yolch

Read my mind. GLWGB.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
  • I have ideas. Sometimes they're even good ideas.
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 10:45:55 »
reading this thread straight shakn my head...com etiquette am i right...lmao...@anon krelbit was the first to pump the watster...however it is a standard sym in the dropdown in the kle tool...but it is his brand ambassador

so what is really going on here is you were about to promote his brand for what appears to be probono...and was perceived as socially tacky by the soul beneficiary of the gesture...however slight the permission granted would appear

i will never cease to be amazed at the social sentiment of proper etiquette in the community...dead...gg...wtf

The Watster mold that GMK has was paid for by Krelbit, therefore no one can use it without his permission. Doesn't matter if it shows up elsewhere, GMK will make you get permission in order to use molds paid for by other set runners since it's their IP.

Additionally, people are allowed to say what they like and don't like, you can't be upset at them for having preferences and making it known what their reasoning behind that preference is. Saying "I prefer the muted colors like Yolch" is much more constructive than just saying "I don't like these colors".

Being unknowledgeable is understandable, but there's no need to be overly butthurt for someone else over something trivial.

Offline jimirolln

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 10:52:55 »

The Watster mold that GMK has was paid for by Krelbit, therefore no one can use it without his permission. Doesn't matter if it shows up elsewhere, GMK will make you get permission in order to use molds paid for by other set runners since it's their IP.

Additionally, people are allowed to say what they like and don't like, you can't be upset at them for having preferences and making it known what their reasoning behind that preference is. Saying "I prefer the muted colors like Yolch" is much more constructive than just saying "I don't like these colors".

Being unknowledgeable is understandable, but there's no need to be overly butthurt for someone else over something trivial.

right on...and since your avatar looks like the visual rep for bh ima assume you know all about it...regardless i am not mad or bh about individual comments...rather community wide sentiment towards socially acceptable etiquette...i mean is this really the mantra best promoted...seams uninviting at best...it is my dream the community would be more friendly and encouraging as to attract a wider audience and maybe one day a key convention could accually fill a convention center...but what do i know...i am just a p on newb like the rest of the non initiated hazer haters...so i digress...carry on gang bashing on this poor basts attempt to contrib to the com

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 11:00:04 »
I don't see what was particularly unfriendly about saying you don't like a colorway. It's an interest check, to check... interest. If someone is not interested, that's good to know when you are checking for said interest. It's completely different from saying "These colors suck!".
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline jimirolln

« Reply #19 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 11:03:02 »
I don't see what was particularly unfriendly about saying you don't like a colorway. It's an interest check, to check... interest. If someone is not interested, that's good to know when you are checking for said interest. It's completely different from saying "These colors suck!".

my bad...maybe i should re evaluate what interest is...so next time i see a 'not' interested comment i can file in the same cat...thank you for imparting that wisdom upon me

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #20 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 11:05:59 »

Yeah, again I apologize. I don't know who the novelty designers are and not taking the time researching them is me being lazy. Now that I've thought of it, the novelties are not really a priority. They're rather just an option. Besides, if people would want watsters or the others that are already created, they can get it from other vendors if they want.

You're quoting the designer/origin by the way :)) :))

Offline anonymous

« Reply #21 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 11:07:14 »

You're quoting the designer/origin by the way :)) :))

yup! I'm aware :)

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #22 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 12:41:12 »

my bad...maybe i should re evaluate what interest is...so next time i see a 'not' interested comment i can file in the same cat...thank you for imparting that wisdom upon me

Being pretty new to this community, I guess I stepped in it a bit here.  I'd like to express that it really was not my intent to be negative towards anonymous or anyone else that is excited about this colorway.  As Blaise170 said, I was expressing my level of interest. 

Offline futurecrime

• Get Zooted
« Reply #23 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 12:57:50 »

Being pretty new to this community, I guess I stepped in it a bit here.  I'd like to express that it really was not my intent to be negative towards anonymous or anyone else that is excited about this colorway.  As Blaise170 said, I was expressing my level of interest.

You've done nothing wrong man.

Offline emenelopee

• *klomp klomp klomp* I step on your house 🦖
« Reply #24 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 12:58:26 »

Canadian spotted!

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #25 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 13:03:41 »

Canadian spotted!

Hahaha  :P
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #26 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 13:11:37 »
Canadian spotted!

Guilty as charged  :))

Offline jimirolln

« Reply #27 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 13:17:05 »

your good phorx...no worries...it is i who has fopah'd...i am aslo new and had considered interest to be of a positive nature...as i didn't realize op's couldn't distinguish the right level of positive interest needed to justify moving forward with out having not interested levels promoting other projects expressed in the thread as well...as my esteemed colleges have pointed out...i digress...and would like to formally go on record conceding to the prevailing mantra provided by the community
« Last Edit: Tue, 10 April 2018, 15:09:46 by jimirolln »

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #28 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 15:32:04 »

Don't pay any attention to that jimilolin says, assuming you can understand it.
keyboards.

Offline AlphaAnt

« Reply #29 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 15:42:08 »
Man, so close to being perfect for me. I would definitely prefer a more muted yellow like N6, but I am still interested nonetheless.

Not interested in the theme of the novelties at all though.

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
« Reply #30 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 16:57:53 »
Man, so close to being perfect for me. I would definitely prefer a more muted yellow like N6, but I am still interested nonetheless.

Not interested in the theme of the novelties at all though.

I am the opposite. Changing to the awful color that is N6 would be instant no-buy for me.

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #31 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 17:08:17 »
looks neat

Offline jimirolln

« Reply #32 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 20:36:55 »

Don't pay any attention to that jimilolin says, assuming you can understand it.

listen to him...he seams smart...assuming...bruh...im lolin over here...i am upset for him...as if letters and words are so kryptic only the esteamiest of old people can understand them

but again...i digress...to the topic...i like the watster...krel is cool and says its ok...if it is in a kit w the rest...n e one who doesn't like can opt out of the meme kit...glwgb op

Offline anonymous

« Reply #33 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 21:35:06 »

No harm done man, you're free to share what your opinion is. It is better to know that a design is not liked by some rather than not knowing what the community thinks.

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #34 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 21:39:34 »
I'm really liking this set! I would like to see what it would look like with yellow mods vs the all black, but all in all I have to approve. Just look at where I'm from!  :thumb:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #35 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 21:46:14 »
This is brilliant :D

But being GMK will most likely be priced well out of my reach :(
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #36 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 21:56:06 »

I say we crowdfund a set for rowdy if it gets made

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #37 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 22:34:23 »

I say we crowdfund a set for rowdy if it gets made

in

Offline shower_king

• Pain is weakness leaving your body
« Reply #38 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 22:39:52 »
yes,  I have been looking forward to this yellow color-way GMK, but GMK metro alert fail.
Look forward to this one would make success

Offline 256k

« Reply #39 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 13:46:17 »
Would be cool if this set also had coloured alphas (black legends on yellow caps)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline duckboi

« Reply #40 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 14:33:10 »
Would be cool if this set also had coloured alphas (black legends on yellow caps)

Personally, I prefer monotone sets like this. I think a whole set of yellow caps would be way too bright.

Besides that, I really like the set. I'm just not looking for a gmk set so I don't expect to be buying this unfortunately.
The m0ar empty you feel,  the m0ar space for Keycaps..

Offline anonymous

« Reply #41 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 14:51:59 »
Hello guys! I am glad that some are already interested. I've seen other monotone sets using icon mods and I feel that having all icon mods will result to a cleaner looking monotone set. Take GMK Blue on Black as example. However, I would also like to have compatibility with planck layouts.

So, what's your opinion about all icon mods? Also, would there be problems with the molds for icon mods for planck keys?

Another thing that I would want to do is an alt color for caps lock or r3 control. I made some quick mock-ups using kle

What do you think about these? Just disregard the legends, they can be changed. The caps lock can also be r3 control and the yellow code/win keys can be created as novelties.
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 April 2018, 14:54:19 by anonymous »

Offline donutcat

• * Vendor
  • I have ideas. Sometimes they're even good ideas.
    • Donut Cables
« Reply #42 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 16:08:31 »
Personally, I prefer legends only over icons only, and legends + icons over both. And the yellow capslock would be neat, alongside the colored codes, but the thing to think about is how many caps you'll need to add if you do that, yellow normal capslock, yellow stepped capslock, and yellow r3 control for the civilized fellows. What might be worth looking into is offering just the yellow on black keys in the base kit, keeping it nice and tidy, while offering all of the accent keys, the black on yellow ones, in a separate kit with the extra spacebars, so you'd end up with something like

Base kit, whipped up using my general compatibility layout

Accent kit, using normal accented keys, spacebars, and now capslock and code keys

Just a thought though. Also, I nabbed some pics of the 2 colors in question:

One thing to note, in person CV seems a good bit orange to me, sorta like the color of a school bus, yellow with orange influence. GE1 might be worth considering if looking for a vibrant yellow.

Offline ojrask

• juuh elikkäs
« Reply #43 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 16:42:42 »
How did I miss this? I'm a fan of XoB sets and this looks neat. Interested.
Current:
    Ducky DK9008P [MX Blues] | WASD V2 TKL [MX Blues] | r63 (Satan 60% DIY) [Gateron Browns] | BananaSplit 60% [Gateron Greens] | UK78 [67g Zealios] | Infinity ErgoDox [MX Clears] | Pearl 40% [78g Zealios] | G81-3000
Coming up:
    DZ60/SKB60-WKL [100g MX Silent Blacks] | G81-3000 [Box Navies] Handwire
IC/GB:
    GMK Strogg | G81/80-3000 MX metal plate

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #44 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 19:15:43 »
FYI, you have to get permission from t0mb3ry to use the yuri icon (all icon) mods, since he designed them

personally i prefer them to all other options

Offline anonymous

« Reply #45 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 19:39:17 »
What might be worth looking into is offering just the yellow on black keys in the base kit, keeping it nice and tidy, while offering all of the accent keys, the black on yellow ones, in a separate kit with the extra spacebars, so you'd end up with something like

Show Image

Base kit, whipped up using my general compatibility layout
Show Image

Accent kit, using normal accented keys, spacebars, and now capslock and code keys

This is what I also have in mind. But I think I should at least include the yellow enter, numpad enter, and escape to the base kit.

Just a thought though. Also, I nabbed some pics of the 2 colors in question:
Show Image

Show Image

One thing to note, in person CV seems a good bit orange to me, sorta like the color of a school bus, yellow with orange influence. GE1 might be worth considering if looking for a vibrant yellow.

Will consider checking what is the better shade of yellow. I also have a color ring from GMK btw

Offline geniekid

« Reply #46 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 19:51:19 »
FWIW, I passed on Yolch and Metro, but I would join this GB.  I really like when alphas and mods are in the same colors with a few inverse keys for Enter, Esc, etc.  Purely a personal preference.

Some kind of bumblebee novelty would be cool.

Offline anonymous

« Reply #47 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 19:55:11 »
FWIW, I passed on Yolch and Metro, but I would join this GB.  I really like when alphas and mods are in the same colors with a few inverse keys for Enter, Esc, etc.  Purely a personal preference.

monotone ftw

bee bumblebee or transformers bumblebee?

Offline geniekid

« Reply #48 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 20:05:36 »

monotone ftw

bee bumblebee or transformers bumblebee?

A bee bumblebee would probably appeal to a greater audience.  I don't care that much myself :)

Offline shower_king

• Pain is weakness leaving your body
« Reply #49 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 20:34:06 »
Given you have GMK color rings , you could choose the better yellow for legend more easily.
My suggestion is that GE1 yellow is the best candidate legend color among three yellows in GMK yellow color.
GE1 is the lightest yellow in three yellows
It is not suitable for base color because it is a bit dazzling to some extent but would be a great choice for legend color.
Another great sample is AE green, the lightest green in four greens. The Key Company's GMK terminal is a pretty good GMK set with full black base  color.
Because GE1 yellow and AE green are rather penetrating colors which are suitable for legend color. That would make legend more striking but pleasant to eyes.

Anyway, depending on you. I will join in  this no  matter which yellow you choose.