Author Topic: Varmilo VA87MR chattering  (Read 3033 times)

Offline Harms

Varmilo VA87MR chattering
« on: Wed, 23 December 2015, 20:12:16 »
Hi guys, so i recently got a varmilo 87MR and the keys are chattering like krazy. Whats the problem, the pcb or switches. There gateron reds. I have a cherry board too and nvr had this problem.

Offline feralfoo

• Software developer and mech keyboard nut
Re: Varmilo VA87MR chattering
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 07:57:35 »
I recently received my Varmilo VA87MR from massdrop with Gateron browns. Solid keyboard and so far loving the typing feel.

Can you explain what you mean by chattering?
HHKB Pro JP + Hasu controller, Realforce RF87U55G, G60 Retro, QK65

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 08:04:56 »
I recently received my Varmilo VA87MR from massdrop with Gateron browns. Solid keyboard and so far loving the typing feel.

Can you explain what you mean by chattering?
Chattering is a repeat when the keys are pressed so if you pressed 1 it will be 11 instead

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 13:02:17 »
I've got one & know what you're talking about. I don't necessarily have an answer, but this is what I experienced. One night I left my keyboard in my car trunk. The next morning at work when I used it I experienced this keychatter issue. At first I freaked out, but after about 15 to 20 minutes, the keychatter stopped. Since then I no longer leave my VA87MR in the car overnight & haven't had this issue since. My issue was related to cold weather & the keyboard need to be room temperature again. If your VA87MR keychatter issue isn't weather related, I recommend emailing Massdrop's support division. They'll help you w/ troubleshooting the issue & product replacement if needed. If you haven't contacted Massdrop's customer support before, just go to my transactions, locate your item, look to the left for customer support, select it & type up the issue, submit it, & they'll contact w / you w/i 24 hours or sooner. I hope this helps. Massdrop has an excellent customer support staff, so they'll take care of you!

Offline feralfoo

• Software developer and mech keyboard nut
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 10 January 2016, 20:01:47 »
Awesome thanks for the clarification.

No chatter on mine, but OP has the lighter cherry reds which may account for his chatter?
HHKB Pro JP + Hasu controller, Realforce RF87U55G, G60 Retro, QK65