Author Topic: [GB] 75% Aluminum Case (Shipping)  (Read 106563 times)

Offline bdtbinh

• In Geek I trust
Re: [GB] 75% Aluminum Case (Shipping)
« Reply #400 on: Sat, 08 April 2017, 22:58:02 »
Well, good luck with that  :-[

I managed to remove and refit my flipped smd diode, all keys working now.

I swapped the screws for ones that aren't rusty, there was a weird residue under the weight so you guys might want to check for that (there was a puddle at each screw hole)

Wait, a puddle of reside? Was it easily removed? Hopefully everyone got their tetanus shot, just in case, due to the rusty screws.

bdtbinh, can you please replace the rusty screws with non-rusty screws for the orders you haven't shipped?

Yes, i will. Sorry for that :(
All left orders will be send before the end of next week, if i can not make it, i will refund for you.
This gb really  stressed me out cause many things go wrong, but all just because of my reckless :(
Thanks everyone again for your support :)

I think there is a misunderstanding here. As i said "all left orders will be send before the end of next week" on 4/2 so it mean this week, not last week.
For now my balance is negative so even that i want to refund, i cant
So i let it all be there and still, going to finish shipping all left orders this week.
After that, you can feel free to issue the refund.

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #401 on: Sun, 09 April 2017, 09:09:13 »
Well, good luck with that  :-[

I managed to remove and refit my flipped smd diode, all keys working now.

I swapped the screws for ones that aren't rusty, there was a weird residue under the weight so you guys might want to check for that (there was a puddle at each screw hole)

Wait, a puddle of reside? Was it easily removed? Hopefully everyone got their tetanus shot, just in case, due to the rusty screws.

bdtbinh, can you please replace the rusty screws with non-rusty screws for the orders you haven't shipped?

Yes, i will. Sorry for that :(
All left orders will be send before the end of next week, if i can not make it, i will refund for you.
This gb really  stressed me out cause many things go wrong, but all just because of my reckless :(
Thanks everyone again for your support :)

I think there is a misunderstanding here. As i said "all left orders will be send before the end of next week" on 4/2 so it mean this week, not last week.
For now my balance is negative so even that i want to refund, i cant
So i let it all be there and still, going to finish shipping all left orders this week.
After that, you can feel free to issue the refund.

I'm not understanding what you're saying here.

Are you saying, for those who wanted a refund, they're still going to receive their item and have to pay money out of their own pocket back, just to return it?

That doesn't make sense if they want a refund before it's sent out, as you stated you'd do. If you still ship it when they requested a refund, you're causing them to have to pay probably $80+ dollars to return it to you.
« Last Edit: Sun, 09 April 2017, 09:59:44 by Unforgivable »

Offline r5d

• Reddit: /u/thisman
« Reply #402 on: Thu, 13 April 2017, 02:48:36 »
Shipping status?
I like keyboards

Offline skimzor

« Reply #403 on: Thu, 13 April 2017, 09:58:26 »
How about fulfilling these orders before starting another Group Buy on Reddit?

https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/654kje/gb_blackjack_model_s_60_duck_viper_style/

Offline onlinelife

« Reply #404 on: Thu, 13 April 2017, 13:25:56 »
How about fulfilling these orders before starting another Group Buy on Reddit?

https://www.reddit.com/r/mechmarket/comments/654kje/gb_blackjack_model_s_60_duck_viper_style/

What a disappointment this Gb turned out to be.

Offline Will_26

« Reply #405 on: Thu, 13 April 2017, 16:37:10 »
Bdtbinh seems you decided to completely ignore my advice as well as all of my messages on PayPal. You really are going to have a hard time running another group buy if your conduct is anything like this one. Have you shipped mine and everyone elses boards yet or not? You sent us photos of all of the boards months ago, how hard is it to ship 17 boards? Please please update us or I'm just going to give up and get a full refund from PayPal and you can deal with them chasing you for $470.

Offline Thumper_

• Spend all my money.
« Reply #406 on: Thu, 13 April 2017, 16:38:56 »
Bdtbinh seems you decided to completely ignore my advice as well as all of my messages on PayPal. You really are going to have a hard time running another group buy if your conduct is anything like this one. Have you shipped mine and everyone elses boards yet or not? You sent us photos of all of the boards months ago, how hard is it to ship 17 boards? Please please update us or I'm just going to give up and get a full refund from PayPal and you can deal with them chasing you for $470.
Wait, are there still boards not shipped while he started a new gb? That's more than unacceptable!

Gesendet von meinem Pixel mit Tapatalk

Offline skimzor

« Reply #407 on: Thu, 13 April 2017, 16:51:17 »
In the reddt GB thread for that 60% Blackjack Keyboard, one guy from their group says it will be shipping tomorrow.

Offline neon_tom

« Reply #408 on: Sat, 15 April 2017, 09:36:23 »
Well, enough is enough for me. I've filed a Paypal claim.

Offline r5d

« Reply #409 on: Sun, 16 April 2017, 06:07:09 »
I have filed a claim as well. I'd rather have the keyboard but time has run out.
I like keyboards

Offline onlinelife

« Reply #410 on: Sun, 16 April 2017, 15:13:38 »
I have filed a claim as well. I'd rather have the keyboard but time has run out.

Already filed a claim but I escalated to paypal now. I think we've all been more than patient with his GB.

Offline skimzor

« Reply #411 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 11:36:14 »
Just escalated my claim to PayPal.  Lack of communication and transparency is seriously frustrating.

Hopefully there will be some KBD75s still in stock by the time everything is resolved

Offline onlinelife

« Reply #412 on: Tue, 18 April 2017, 14:53:26 »
Just escalated my claim to PayPal.  Lack of communication and transparency is seriously frustrating.

Hopefully there will be some KBD75s still in stock by the time everything is resolved

Looks like black, silver and grey are sold out now =(

https://shop.kbdfans.cn/products/kbd75-keyboard-set?variant=35638537101

Offline skimzor

« Reply #413 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 10:21:36 »

Managed to snag a Black KBD75. Probably should have waited until this whole thing is resolved but don't want to miss out on a solid 75% after being strung along with this GB.

Just for redundancy, did any non-CF orders receive their keyboard?

Offline onlinelife

« Reply #414 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 10:42:03 »

Managed to snag a Black KBD75. Probably should have waited until this whole thing is resolved but don't want to miss out on a solid 75% after being strung along with this GB.

Nope, didn't receive mine yet. Pretty sad that KBD75 isn't offered in Purple, as that was the main goal with his board.

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #415 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 11:16:42 »

Nope, didn't receive mine yet. Pretty sad that KBD75 isn't offered in Purple, as that was the main goal with his board.

I think it is, you may have to message him and ask.

Keep in mind it has that horrible plate issue with stabilizers, so you will have to modify your plate.

KBD75 is a solid keyboard in the end.

Offline onlinelife

« Reply #416 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 11:38:14 »

I think it is, you may have to message him and ask.

Keep in mind it has that horrible plate issue with stabilizers, so you will have to modify your plate.

KBD75 is a solid keyboard in the end.

There are still plate issues? Thought it got fixed in the revision. I heard that it was only having issues with Zeal's stabs.
I was also considering TX-75 as well but their purple isn't as deep. Either way i'll need to wait to see if I get a full refund before getting another board.

Offline Saiph

« Reply #417 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 11:48:27 »

I was also considering TX-75 as well but their purple isn't as deep. Either way i'll need to wait to see if I get a full refund before getting another board.
TX-75 has that sick split spacebar support though  :cool:

Offline Will_26

« Reply #418 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 16:03:52 »
FYI for those of you waiting for shipping/tracking numbers: 

Saturday: i was told my board was packaged and will be sent on Monday
Tuesday: i asked for tracking details and was told my board had only just been picked up by DHL
Wednesday: I receive an invalid TNT tracking number
Today: I'm without any further communication since receiving my invalid tracking number despite my emails

So all in all the shipping process is running as smooth as the group buy, looking forward to getting or not getting my board from DHL and TNT!  :thumb:

Offline onlinelife

« Reply #419 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 16:50:43 »
FYI for those of you waiting for shipping/tracking numbers: 

Saturday: i was told my board was packaged and will be sent on Monday
Tuesday: i asked for tracking details and was told my board had only just been picked up by DHL
Wednesday: I receive an invalid TNT tracking number
Today: I'm without any further communication since receiving my invalid tracking number despite my emails

So all in all the shipping process is running as smooth as the group buy, looking forward to getting or not getting my board from DHL and TNT!  :thumb:

Wow that sounds awful. I thought once the kit gets past shipping it would be smooth sailing. Guess not.

Offline skimzor

« Reply #420 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 17:37:11 »
To mirror what Will_26 said, I sent an email requesting a tracking number to the address listed in the Reddit thread about their 60% Blackjack Keyboard on Tuesday.

That person (not sure if it's bdtbinh or his friend) replied saying that DHL picked up the package from the company (not sure what company) and that he would send specific tracking to me after 12 hours. Didn't receive a follow up email or a notification from DHL that I would be receiving a package (as I signed up for their text notifications). Who knows at this point.

Offline Petch

« Reply #421 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 18:02:16 »
To mirror what Will_26 said, I sent an email requesting a tracking number to the address listed in the Reddit thread about their 60% Blackjack Keyboard on Tuesday.

That person (not sure if it's bdtbinh or his friend) replied saying that DHL picked up the package from the company (not sure what company) and that he would send specific tracking to me after 12 hours. Didn't receive a follow up email or a notification from DHL that I would be receiving a package (as I signed up for their text notifications). Who knows at this point.
He told me to email him about a partial refund (for the carbon plate and PCB that didn't work), unsurprisingly not heard back since

Offline onlinelife

« Reply #422 on: Thu, 20 April 2017, 18:07:20 »
In any case, if he doesn't reply to my PayPal claim, PayPal will refund the full amount for me.

Offline neon_tom

[GB] 75% Aluminum Case (Shipping)
« Reply #423 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 07:28:11 »
I opened a PayPal dispute a week ago explicitly asking for a full refund. I'm sick and tired of waiting around for this damn case. I've received no communication in that week and then this morning I get an email out of the blue (completely ignoring my claim request) that it was mailed out today.

Are you kidding me??

Now I'm not getting my money back and I'll be forced to deal with whatever issues this case has (which is highly likely based on prior comments on this thread). I swear, this thing had better be pristine.
« Last Edit: Sat, 22 April 2017, 07:31:13 by neon_tom »

Offline thatsmrdoctortoyou

• Dingo babies
    • IG
« Reply #424 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 10:27:59 »
Received tracking info this morning

Offline skimzor

« Reply #425 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 12:23:56 »
Well, I'll be damned.  I received a tracking number this morning too.

Hopefully there won't be any issues.

Offline onlinelife

« Reply #426 on: Sat, 22 April 2017, 13:23:26 »
no tracking for me....

Offline Will_26

« Reply #427 on: Sun, 23 April 2017, 06:13:30 »
My tracking number is now working. Not sure why it took 4 days from the day it was collected but either way seems there is something on its way to me... Should be here Tuesday. To those of you without your board yet or a tracking number, keep bugging whoever you can and make sure you have a PayPal dispute open, good luck.

Offline Will_26

« Reply #428 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 06:30:54 »
Hey everyone - I just received my parcel so wanted to update so you guys waiting know what to expect. This was my order: 

Silver Case with brass weight
PCB x 1
Carbon Plate
Cherry MX blacks
White LEDS
Stabs

Here is what I received: 

Silver Case with brass weight: It it beautiful - hoping my KBD75 innards fit, haven't tried yet
PCB: NONE - No PCB included (assuming they didn't bother due to previous issues
Carbon Plate: 1 + ANOTHER aluminium? Plate - with same cutout issues as Carbon plate...
Cherry MX blacks: NONE
White LEDS: NONE
Stabs: NONE 

Will be further escalating my paypal case now to ask for a refund for the PCB ($50), Switches/Stabs/LEDs ($60) and Assembly ($35). Won't bother with the plate since I received 2... 

*KBD75 insides do not fit the case, this is due to the plate design of the KBD75, as it's designed to be lodged in between the two halves of the case. Looks like I'll have to buy a new WKL PCB and mod the plate...
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 April 2017, 07:29:20 by Will_26 »

Offline onlinelife

« Reply #429 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 10:07:55 »
Hey everyone - I just received my parcel so wanted to update so you guys waiting know what to expect. This was my order: 

PCB x 1
Carbon Plate
Cherry MX blacks
White LEDS
Stabs

Here is what I received: 

Silver Case with brass weight: It it beautiful - hoping my KBD75 innards fit, haven't tried yet
Carbon Plate: 1 + ANOTHER aluminium? Plate - with same cutout issues as Carbon plate...

Will be further escalating my paypal case now to ask for a refund for the PCB ($50), Switches/Stabs/LEDs ($60) and Assembly ($35). Won't bother with the plate since I received 2... 

*KBD75 insides do not fit the case, this is due to the plate design of the KBD75, as it's designed to be lodged in between the two halves of the case. Looks like I'll have to buy a new WKL PCB and mod the plate...

Seriously? That is actually unacceptable. Hope you can get something back from PayPal.

Offline Will_26

« Reply #430 on: Wed, 26 April 2017, 13:55:42 »

PCB x 1
Carbon Plate
Cherry MX blacks
White LEDS
Stabs

Here is what I received: 

Seriously? That is actually unacceptable. Hope you can get something back from PayPal.

Thanks. I've asked for $145 back for the PCB, Assembly and parts. That's more than reasonable since I didn't receive any of them. I've made a huge order from Winkeyless for everything I need to build it :)

Offline r5d

« Reply #431 on: Fri, 28 April 2017, 07:18:24 »
I have recovered my money via paypal claim (he didn't respond to PP) and I am done with this GB. I will not be joining any future GBs from this guy.
I like keyboards

Offline Unforgivable

« Reply #432 on: Fri, 28 April 2017, 08:06:18 »
My theory is he tried to run a second group buy (Tray mount Viper replica GB on Reddit -Notice how he was active on Reddit running a new group buy but refuses to log in here) to obtain funds to refund people here (Not willingly, but when someone won a case due to no contact where PayPal would provide refunds). He would have a new pool of money for PayPal to dip into so his account didn't get a citation). That's why his renders for that 60% board were so incomplete and the deadline was I think last week to pay.

He had these boards months ago but didn't properly solder the PCB's, or assemble them for those who paid for it. Months. You have to really wonder what the real reason for the delay was, but he refuses to be honest and provide clarification. That's the strangest thing. It only takes a few minutes to log in and provide an update. Him along with other board sellers are following that same exact trend of leaving people in the dark, and that can and will push people away from joining group buys in the future.

I had great hopes for this group buy, but OP is very shady and lacks communication. Thank goodness for PayPal.

Offline Petch

« Reply #433 on: Fri, 28 April 2017, 10:30:36 »
I have recovered my money via paypal claim (he didn't respond to PP) and I am done with this GB. I will not be joining any future GBs from this guy.
They rejected my claim (for a partial refund) and won't re-review it... Maybe ow you've won against him they will

I thought this would go smoothly because he had run a GB in the past. Guess I'll just be a little less trusting of GB leaders now
« Last Edit: Fri, 28 April 2017, 10:34:12 by Petch »

Offline onlinelife

« Reply #434 on: Fri, 28 April 2017, 15:38:49 »

Same here.

• Dingo babies
    • IG
« Reply #435 on: Fri, 28 April 2017, 18:31:30 »
Received my board yesterday. Packaging was pretty bad, but luckily the keyboard looks quite nice. There is a very mild anodizing blemish on the back of case, near the power inlet. Otherwise pretty good and heavy! I wasn't too sure if this GB would work out, so 3 months ago I got a TX75. Soooooo, I don't really need another 75. If anyone is interested in this black case, purple plate, brass weight and PCB hit me up. I would be willing to give a deal for those who did not end up getting their board from this GB.

Offline seblove

« Reply #436 on: Mon, 01 May 2017, 20:07:10 »
Received my board yesterday.

I'm assuming you received a shipping notification beforehand? For the rest of us that did not paypal dispute in time.. it's just RIP? I guess I was due for a failed GB, just wish it could have been a less expensive one :(

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

• Dingo babies
    • IG
« Reply #437 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 12:38:26 »
Received my board yesterday.

I'm assuming you received a shipping notification beforehand? For the rest of us that did not paypal dispute in time.. it's just RIP? I guess I was due for a failed GB, just wish it could have been a less expensive one :(

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Yes I did receive a shipping notification about 4 days prior to its arrival. However, I had already started a paypal dispute considering the lack of communication especially in the past couple months. Honestly I'm not sure what can be done for those that did not complete a dispute in time. My suggestion would be to get in touch with Paypal and discuss your options, also continue trying to get in touch with bdtbinh.

My guess is that bdtbinh is still working on shipping and will ship them out when its convenient for him (which is unacceptable if you ask me). I emailed him 3 weeks ago asking for a refund once he acknowledged that he would accept refund requests. After being unable to get in touch with him, I made a dispute and was refunded the full price. Only then did I get a shipping notification.

Offline seblove

« Reply #438 on: Tue, 02 May 2017, 22:45:14 »
^^ thanks for the response man. I feel better now, I imagine he'll stroll through soon enough with an update. No good reason I can think of to ship a kit or two to the US and then disappear forever.

Offline Saiph

« Reply #439 on: Mon, 22 May 2017, 15:48:21 »
Did people end up getting their boards?

Offline neon_tom

« Reply #440 on: Tue, 23 May 2017, 13:27:07 »
Did people end up getting their boards?

I ended up in a similar situation to thatsmrdoctortoyou. I opened a PayPal dispute (asking for a full refund) and instead of responding to the dispute, bdtbinh shipped out the case. In the meantime, PayPal ruled in my favor and I received a full refund. Now I have both my money back and a case that I no longer want/need. I've sent messages to bdtbinh since then and I've still received no response.

Offline Saiph

« Reply #441 on: Tue, 23 May 2017, 14:16:28 »
I ended up in a similar situation to thatsmrdoctortoyou. I opened a PayPal dispute (asking for a full refund) and instead of responding to the dispute, bdtbinh shipped out the case. In the meantime, PayPal ruled in my favor and I received a full refund. Now I have both my money back and a case that I no longer want/need. I've sent messages to bdtbinh since then and I've still received no response.
Unfortunately I was in for the acrylic cases which were supposed to be produced after the aluminum cases, but he's gone completely silent on geekhack.