* Welcome to the MIRA SE Group Buy thread! *
MIRA is an astronomy-themed keyboard design, inspired by the Mira (also known as Omicron Ceti) binary star system in the constellation of Cetus.
The order form has been closed! Thank you for your support!!!Orders closed at Noon (12:00) EST on February 12.
The MIRA logo font is inspired by a vintage NASA insignia, and the dual circle design stands for the binary star system: a red giant star and a white dwarf star orbiting each other. Link to the original Interest Check thread.
For updates and latest status of the group buy, please see the second post
below.Here is the link to check your MIRA order as submitted! The list is sorted alphabetically by username. Shipping cost is NOT INCLUDED!>>> CLICK HERE FOR ORDER CHECK SPREADSHEET<<<A reminder to everyone: 1 PCB is included in your kit. "Extra" PCB means you get more than one.
FYI, any order sales/transfers MUST be confirmed with ninjadoc BEFORE they happen, not after. MIRA SE INFORMATION:
This is for PayPal protection and consistency. The original sale contract is between the original buyer and ninjadoc. If you wish to transfer your spot and find a buyer, please contact ninjadoc or photoelectric
, and ninja can do the refund/invoice properly. Please don't buy or sell any spots directly from sellers/buyers.
. . . .
http://imgur.com/a/P6DiG Aluminum color options:
- Tenkeyless design
- Option to have an 84-key layout (with integrated bottom case blockers, "winkeyless") or 86/87-key layout (without bottom case blockers, "winkey")
- Aluminum or steel switch plate that does not allow for switch modification
- Leeku TX87 PCB, fully programmable with LED support
•Full SMT (Pre-Soldered Device parts, Diodes, Resistors)
•Fully programmable PCB designed/developed by Leeku
•RGB LED underglow - presoldered
•Supports full Switch LED
•Layout: ISO/ANSI, 84-, 86-, 87-key
•Default with a USB Mini connector
- 8-degree typing surface incline
- Acrylic diffuser integrated into the case design
- Bottom of the case includes a weight insert made of either polished stainless steel or polished (not plated) brass
- The keyboard kit will come with a custom box
- NOTE: this GB is for an unassembled kit! You will need to source your own switches, LEDs, stabilizers, keycaps, and assembly
- You may select a different color for the top part of the case, the bottom part, and the switch plate. Please see approximate colors here Plate Options:
Weight Insert Options:
- Stainless Steel
- Anodized Aluminum
PRICE:$397 - $427
(depending on selected configuration - see below*) + shipping (directly from China, will be billed separately. Please see post #2 for shipping estimates.)
- Keyboard case (top + bottom + acrylic insert) - $280
- PCB (extras available) -
$50 $52* (please see the 2nd post)
- Stainless steel bottom weight - $60
- Brass bottom weight - $40
- Stainless steel switch plate - $35
- Aluminum switch plate - $25
So the total prices for a single keyboard kit without extra plates or extra PCB are as follows:
- steel weight and steel plate $427
- steel weight and aluminum plate $417
- brass weight and stainless plate $407
- brass weight and aluminum plate $397LIMITED EDITION NUMBERING:
Those forum members who have supported the MIRA project during the Interest Check phase and have been assigned numbers from 1-57 will receive limited edition bottom weights with their individual number engraved on it. Keep in mind that you still need to fill out an order form if you are on this list. FrostyToast maintains the up-to-date list
of usernames and numbers. Also, those with the numbers will receive a set of transparent screw-in stabilizers courtesy of Zeal
! (One engraved weight and one set of stabilizers per person.) Thank you for your support! GROUP BUY TIMELINE:
1) Ordering + verifying ordering: around 2 weeks
2) Payment: two weeks for price of the board, shipping will be billed separately. Due by March 6 at 12 PM EST
3) From time of payment to the manufacturer delivery to your door: 12-16 weeks.
4) Shipping cost will be calculated and billed later, based on destination. Please be prepared to pay for shipping.
- customs - please PM me for any customs questions. If anyone has purchased a board from LZ, PCB's from Leeku, or any other board from Korea we will follow similar guidelines.
- the shipper will be DHL 3 - 5 days
- estimates - assuming 4.5 kg shipped, obviously varies
United States - $47
Canada - $46
Australia - $66
Germany - $49
England - $46
Malaysia - $46
France - $46
Russia - ? please PM me
Vietnam - $66
Hong Kong - ?please PM me- Thanks to everyone for their support in this GB –
Hubble for the initial design, YukTsi for his revisions, and Asilan and EVE for the final rendition of the Mira.
Thank you to FrostyToast for keeping up with the preorders and numbers. I can’t imagine the headache that has been.
Thank you to Zeal for his support and donation of the gold stabilizer set to purchasers of the 57 numbered boards.
Thank you to Limitz for all his support and encouragement when I was ready to stop dealing with this never-ending mess of a group buy.
Thanks to zzyjayfree for finding a manufacturer and dealing with my endless questions and revisions of the Mira.
Thank you to Photoelectric for writing the GB thread and doing the order form for the Mira when I was unable to do so.
Lastly, thank you to Geek Hack and its members for their support of this GB when it seemed like it was sure to fail.