Author Topic: [GB]Maxkey Lime for EU (all order shipped)  (Read 23677 times)

Offline kingnestea

just a quick update on this.
Maxkey confirmed today that Lime is in production and scheduled for dispatch by the end of Nov.
Which means Asian order from Taobao will be shipped by the end of Nov.
TW and EU orders will be shipped out begin Dec.
US orders should be mid Dec.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
just a quick update on this.
Maxkey confirmed today that Lime is in production and scheduled for dispatch by the end of Nov.
Which means Asian order from Taobao will be shipped by the end of Nov.
TW and EU orders will be shipped out begin Dec.
US orders should be mid Dec.

oh **** that's soon

nice
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline kingnestea

picture of the actual product

183111-0

Offline Ouster

picture of the actual product

(Attachment Link)
Looks fantastic! That green pops a lot more than on the renders, can't wait to see these in person.

Click-Clacked using Tapatalk

HHKB Hi-Pro Keycaps | Realforce Hi-Pro | KBD75 Zealios 65g | Realforce RGB

Offline MeloDet

Have TaoBao orders been shipped then? Haven't gotten any notifications yet

Offline kingnestea

Have TaoBao orders been shipped then? Haven't gotten any notifications yet

No, this picture came from the manufacturer shot with a ****ty phone camera.
The production hasn't finished yet. Dispatching is slightly delayed to next week aka early Dec.

Offline MeloDet

Lol thanks. No worries about the delay either. Still quicker than I was expecting!

Offline TelFiRE

I like this green even more than the renders :D
KBD75 GMK Terminal          XD84 DSA Black on GSF + Hana Matcha + Serum

Offline heyah

Are we still getting text arrow keys? The icon arrows in the photo has me a little worried, really hoping those are in addition not instead of.

Offline kingnestea

Are we still getting text arrow keys? The icon arrows in the photo has me a little worried, really hoping those are in addition not instead of.

these are in addition, they are already in Maxkey's basic tooling, text arrows are still in production

Offline MeloDet

Any updates?

Offline kingnestea

Any updates?

Bulk shipment on its way to Belgium, should be here by next Friday. Then we will start shipping in the week of the 18th.
Guess this is gonna be a Christmas present  :)) :))

Offline MeloDet

Any updates?

Bulk shipment on its way to Belgium, should be here by next Friday. Then we will start shipping in the week of the 18th.

I suppose this means the TaoBao order should ship soon?

Offline kingnestea

Any updates?

Those start shipping today

Offline MeloDet

Any updates?

Those start shipping today

Holy crap! That's awesome! :D

Offline lovetree

I received mine today but there's not the R4 Fn key in the package but there were 3 Maxkey's original novelties in it.
Is there any announcement regarding this which I might have missed?

And it is stated that the surface would be semi-glossy on the Product Detail,
but it was normal Maxkey SA's surface which is matt rather than glossy IMO.

One more thing.
The color of legend of novelty enter key (texted 'lime') and 1u R1 lime shaped key is not white but the same as alpha base color.
In the rendering picture, it was perfect white which is different from the color of alpha base.

But regardless of some differences, this set is no NICE.
I love this set.
Thank you for running GB.
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 December 2017, 08:00:27 by lovetree »

Offline kingnestea

Re: [GB]Maxkey Lime for EU (shipping)
« Reply #66 on: Mon, 18 December 2017, 09:42:29 »
18/12/2017

The bulk order has arrived in Belgium, our homie David from http://www.mykeyboard.eu will start shipping orders this week.
Hope you all receive this before Christmas  :D

Offline kingnestea

I received mine today but there's not the R4 Fn key in the package but there were 3 Maxkey's original novelties in it.
Is there any announcement regarding this which I might have missed?

And it is stated that the surface would be semi-glossy on the Product Detail,
but it was normal Maxkey SA's surface which is matt rather than glossy IMO.

One more thing.
The color of legend of novelty enter key (texted 'lime') and 1u R1 lime shaped key is not white but the same as alpha base color.
In the rendering picture, it was perfect white which is different from the color of alpha base.

But regardless of some differences, this set is no NICE.
I love this set.
Thank you for running GB.

I talked to Maxkey about that R4 FN key, we paid the tooling cost.
But unfortunately it was molded together with Hydro novelties.
And due to jchan going awol, the tooling of that mold was seriously delayed.
Maxkey didn't wanna hold the entire production due to that one single key so they shipped all sets without that R4 FN key.
But it is said that they will resend that missing key once the tooling is done.

About surface finish. I haven't received my set yet.
So I can't answer that quetion, but according to ppl who has received the set, and Maxkey.
Lime has the same surface finish as Maxkey cyan-white does, which is more glossy than the usual Maxkey sets.
I bet that this is the best they can do.
When I started this project, I stated very clearly to them that I wanted a semi-glossy surface finish.
And they said no problem.
But once the production is done, it is what it is. We can't do anything about that.

And about that 1u Novelty return key, I'll have to take a look when my set comes in to evaluate the color accuracy
I did submit that as white on green.

Regardless of all these imperfections, I do think that Lime is the most beautiful set that Maxkey has ever produced legitimately
And with the Lime project, we have pushed them towards a tremendous step of change.

Offline MeloDet

Re: [GB]Maxkey Lime for EU (all order shipped)
« Reply #68 on: Tue, 26 December 2017, 12:02:09 »
So I have both Lime and Cyan on Dolch Maxkey sets and Lime is definitely glossier. May not be as glossy as some people were hoping for, but the difference is definitely noticeable.

Also, in regards to the R4 FN key, is there any word on how we'll receive this? I bought mine through Taobao, so I'm not sure how the whole international shipping "dealer" thing will work. Will I get an update from them after the key ships or something?

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #69 on: Wed, 27 December 2017, 05:43:29 »
So I have both Lime and Cyan on Dolch Maxkey sets and Lime is definitely glossier. May not be as glossy as some people were hoping for, but the difference is definitely noticeable.

Also, in regards to the R4 FN key, is there any word on how we'll receive this? I bought mine through Taobao, so I'm not sure how the whole international shipping "dealer" thing will work. Will I get an update from them after the key ships or something?

I'm not so sure about how that will happen for the Taobao GB since it was organized by Maxkey, I suggest you contact them on Aliwangwang.

Offline darthzero

« Reply #70 on: Sat, 27 January 2018, 02:33:10 »
After seeing a few reddit threads picturing problems i‘d like to let you know that my set has the same problems. (Swirls on modifiers mostl) ... I too thought this was normal but apparently it ain’t, so what to do about that now? https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/7t7beb/maxkey_lime_quality/
Discord: kuno#0600 
Reddit: u/darthzero

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #71 on: Mon, 29 January 2018, 04:14:07 »
After seeing a few reddit threads picturing problems i‘d like to let you know that my set has the same problems. (Swirls on modifiers mostl) ... I too thought this was normal but apparently it ain’t, so what to do about that now? https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/7t7beb/maxkey_lime_quality/

To me, I can understand these injection marks.
It's not due to QC, it's just how injection works and those marks are more noticeable on grey keycaps.
SP has the same problem but less noticeable.
Input club says they are gonna contact Maxkey for replacement or refund, I doubt that they can come out a solution without taking legal action.
This is because it is generally impossible for Maxkey to eliminate those marks without bead-blasting the keycap which will lead to a mat surface finish.

Offline Petch

« Reply #72 on: Mon, 29 January 2018, 04:21:34 »

It's not due to QC, it's just how injection works and those marks are more noticeable on grey keycaps.
Input club says they are gonna contact Maxkey for replacement or refund, I doubt that they can come out a solution without taking legal action.
This is because it is generally impossible for Maxkey to eliminate those marks without bead-blasting the keycap which will lead to a mat surface finish.

Why do grey GMK caps not have this issue?

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #73 on: Mon, 29 January 2018, 04:42:37 »

Why do grey GMK caps not have this issue?

I don't know, it depends on tooling, or maybe they are bead blasted.

Offline MeloDet

« Reply #74 on: Mon, 29 January 2018, 10:41:20 »
It might also be that the marks appear more or less prominent depending on the finish. GMK has a textured finish so that might make some marks considerably less noticeable. Similarly the finish on this set being "semi-gloss" (or at least glossier than my other Maxkey sets) might have something to do with it being more noticeable here as well.

Offline kingnestea

« Reply #75 on: Tue, 30 January 2018, 00:34:21 »
It might also be that the marks appear more or less prominent depending on the finish. GMK has a textured finish so that might make some marks considerably less noticeable. Similarly the finish on this set being "semi-gloss" (or at least glossier than my other Maxkey sets) might have something to do with it being more noticeable here as well.

Yes, true.
The reason why the other Maxkey sets are more texture is because they have a beadblasting layer on the surface.
Personally, I'd rather prefer those marks over their normal surface finish, that's just unusable to me.

Offline TelFiRE

KBD75 GMK Terminal          XD84 DSA Black on GSF + Hana Matcha + Serum

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #77 on: Mon, 05 March 2018, 17:38:48 »
So here is what has happened to my set, and I’m wondering if anyone else has this issue.  You know how some of the gray caps have dark green stems and some have gray stems?  We’ll get this... ALL of the ones with the dark green stems have cracked.  The stems have a small crack, sometimes two.  Space bar has it too. It’s not affecting the caps other than them being quite loose on some switches.

Anyone else have this experience?   I first noticed it when I was putting them on a new set of switches and each cap “popped” on when pressing them down.  I just thought it was something weird with the switch posts.  I never imagined it could be the keycaps breaking.