Poll

One big NorDeUK kit or separate NorDe and UK ISO kits?

One big NorDeUK kit
35 (58.3%)
Separate NorDe and UK ISO kits
25 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Author Topic: [IC] SA Troubled Minds Round 2  (Read 64296 times)

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
Re: [IC] SA Troubled Minds Round 2
« Reply #300 on: Tue, 03 April 2018, 21:13:59 »
an enter key that is jokers gun with bang coming out on a white flag would be amazing imo

Tried that for round 1, it's too detailed for the tooling especially for the text on the flag.

"haters are confused admirers"

Offline MrFex

« Reply #301 on: Wed, 04 April 2018, 15:30:59 »
Finally. I cannot believe my dreams will finally come true. I missed round one even though I could have been on time (but didn't get around to it) and I have regretted it ever since. This is absolute the one .. I'm all over this. Cannot wait!  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline Phenix

« Reply #302 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 19:50:55 »
this might be not possible yet but:
the SA Commanda 88 R2 GB happened many months ago and it featured a CS:GO (=gaming) kit which I really liked because of its icons.
And I feel there is demand: compare it to the 1337 kit featured in DSA Overcast and Legacy by MiTO.

Would you want to it add as a kit?
Winter is coming.

Offline IceDragon13

« Reply #303 on: Sat, 07 April 2018, 16:57:20 »
Not sure if previously mentioned, but Day of the Tentacle novelties would definitely fit the Trouble Minds theme as well.

Offline Phenix

« Reply #304 on: Sun, 08 April 2018, 06:44:51 »
If „gaming kit“ is out of the water some of us can make good use of a macrokey-kit...
Winter is coming.

Offline online

« Reply #305 on: Sun, 08 April 2018, 08:34:24 »
Please, add a 3u spacebar(key). Even as a separate kit. It's fine If it doesn't reach MOQ, but at least we have a chance.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #306 on: Sun, 08 April 2018, 20:54:27 »
Not sure if previously mentioned, but Day of the Tentacle novelties would definitely fit the Trouble Minds theme as well.

It has been mentioned before, also Buzz Lightyear and Devastator of the Decepticons I think. We're going to stick with the two main themes, at least for now.

If „gaming kit“ is out of the water some of us can make good use of a macrokey-kit...

CS:GO novelties doesn't really fit with the theme. By macrokeys do you mean like on Logitech boards? Won't the ErgoDox kit fit that? Or is it too much?

Please, add a 3u spacebar(key). Even as a separate kit. It's fine If it doesn't reach MOQ, but at least we have a chance.

I'll consider splitting spacebars and space keys.

Update:
Kits might change, the base might be just one TKL kit without separating alphas and mods. This is up to the vendor/s now, and I am just waiting on news myself.

Offline DillonHightower

• Formerly DillonHighsmith
« Reply #307 on: Mon, 09 April 2018, 01:46:53 »

It has been mentioned before, also Buzz Lightyear and Devastator of the Decepticons I think. We're going to stick with the two main themes, at least for now.

CS:GO novelties doesn't really fit with the theme. By macrokeys do you mean like on Logitech boards? Won't the ErgoDox kit fit that? Or is it too much?

I'll consider splitting spacebars and space keys.

Update:
Kits might change, the base might be just one TKL kit without separating alphas and mods. This is up to the vendor/s now, and I am just waiting on news myself.
So maybe by end of month this set will run?

Offline Wintervocal

« Reply #308 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 12:23:16 »
Backlight compatible novelties would be awesome!

The recent Pulse drop got them (https://www.massdrop.com/buy/pulse-sa-keycap-set/talk/1994622?utm_source=linkshare&referer=VAMKBZ):

Offline jimirolln

« Reply #309 on: Tue, 10 April 2018, 12:27:27 »
so shameless...and the fact that thread jack promotion is going on in other forums as well is absurdly comical...dead...gg

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #310 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 11:57:58 »
Any info about the MOQ price cuts for this set? Kono.store seems to only say that there will be a reduction at 250 ONLY for alphas/TKL. Are there any more cuts? Otherwise, the set is quite pricey.

Offline oh_chesteroni

« Reply #311 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 12:20:08 »
Any info on when the GB is over? I didn't see it on kono store.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Offline iliketimex

« Reply #312 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 12:24:25 »
This is such an epic keyset. So glad it is coming back.  :D

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #313 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 12:44:50 »
1. Need a R1 "|\" keycap in the alpha kit or in the purple mods(just like what's in the non-standard kit), so that the HHKB layout could be filled with only a alpha kit and a purple mods kit.

2. Why there are 4 green R1 1.5u keycaps in the Ergodox kit? Only two of them in the same color are needed for one Ergodox layout.
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 April 2018, 12:53:16 by hhkbp2 »

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #314 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 13:13:03 »
It really bothers me that the alphas don't even contain enough keys to complete an alpha set (ie. The F5-F8 keys aren't included). Users are being pigeonholed into buying a minimum of 3 kits just to fill a TKL, which doesn't seem right at all.

Offline Oblotzky

• Backspace is for people that make mistakes.
« Reply #315 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 13:23:53 »
It really bothers me that the alphas don't even contain enough keys to complete an alpha set (ie. The F5-F8 keys aren't included). Users are being pigeonholed into buying a minimum of 3 kits just to fill a TKL, which doesn't seem right at all.

What kits are you looking at? The ones in OP are outdated, the store has the final ones. Although in either case you only need Alphas + Modifiers to fill a TKL, not sure how you're counting 3 kits?

Offline iliketimex

« Reply #316 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 13:26:02 »
Oh wow, just realized this is now live on Kono.

Offline beekey

« Reply #317 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 13:27:03 »
Yeah, it is open: https://kono.store/products/sa-troubled-minds-keycap-set

Wondering how long it will run. Did I miss it somewhere?

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #318 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 13:44:22 »

What kits are you looking at? The ones in OP are outdated, the store has the final ones. Although in either case you only need Alphas + Modifiers to fill a TKL, not sure how you're counting 3 kits?

You're right, only 2. That's my bad.

It still doesn't change the fact that an alpha's set doesn't even include enough keys to complete the alphas. Those F5-F8 keys being missed seems like a rather large oversight.

Offline MrFex

« Reply #319 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 13:48:17 »
Your order is confirmed
We've accepted your order, and we're getting it ready. Come back to this page for updates on your order status.

;D

I'm getting Alphas + TKL + Numpad and Novelties. That should be more than enough more most fullsize/TKL/60% sets right? Or should I have gotten the purple modifiers as well?
I'm so stoked for this .. anyone know when they will be shipping out?

Offline runsamok

« Reply #320 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 13:52:19 »
anyone know when they will be shipping out?

January 2019

Offline derpingit

« Reply #321 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 14:00:11 »
this set is beautiful...  i wished they had done inverse color alphas so owners of r1 could mix and match :) .. i'm stocking up on this bad boys for sure.

Offline a_ak57

« Reply #322 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 14:16:14 »
January 2019, I guess SP is just straight up lying about the 5-6 month lead time on their site then?

Offline jimirolln

« Reply #323 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 14:22:29 »
i don't think they are...i believe they are swamped with sa sets this year...plus they are in the middle of retooling to do pbt sa...has a much more difficult expansion rate to deal with getting quality control standards...and bringing back the dss profile...it seams an ambitious year for them...i think they deserve some slack

unrelated...gmk have ambitious ideas in the pipeline...so i hear from the mito visit...disclaimer...hearsay...regardless it would appear to be an ambitious year all around for the community
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 April 2018, 14:28:06 by jimirolln »

Offline runsamok

« Reply #324 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 14:27:13 »
January 2019, I guess SP is just straight up lying about the 5-6 month lead time on their site then?

January is 8.5 months away. Add in the time for the group buy itself, processing/submitting the order & the logistics/shipping when the caps are shipped out by SP.

Seems entirely reasonable that the extra crud at either end could add up to a couple months on top of the SP lead time, especially once you factor in some time for hiccups along the way. Underpromise & overdeliver...

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #325 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 14:32:53 »
Your order is confirmed
We've accepted your order, and we're getting it ready. Come back to this page for updates on your order status.

;D

I'm getting Alphas + TKL + Numpad and Novelties. That should be more than enough more most fullsize/TKL/60% sets right? Or should I have gotten the purple modifiers as well?
I'm so stoked for this .. anyone know when they will be shipping out?

Those kits are enough to cover the layouts you listed. The purple mods would only allow you to have an all-purple keyboard, so it's optional.

It still doesn't change the fact that an alpha's set doesn't even include enough keys to complete the alphas. Those F5-F8 keys being missed seems like a rather large oversight.

It's quite common that those keys are not available in alpha color, usually sets have the sandwich style function row, or all modifier colored. Having the function row all alpha colored is only useful for 75% and 96key layouts.

Offline breckstar

« Reply #326 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 15:30:52 »
I feel like 1.75u shift should be standard in the TKL kits by now :( I don't want to pay $67 for that one key :(

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #327 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 16:27:51 »
Groupbuy open! Feel free to make a new thread in the GB section, I will lock this within 12 hours  :thumb:
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline Gghi

« Reply #328 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 17:00:58 »
so expansive :(

Offline Tree_

« Reply #329 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 17:31:55 »
so expansive :(

Yeah, I think I've been priced out of the dream set I wanted since starting with keyboards - $400AUD before shipping to fill a 75% and get novs is insane.

Honestly if I knew it was going to be this much for an R2 retail release, I probably could have had R1 long ago at resale for the same price.  :-\
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 April 2018, 17:39:54 by Tree_ »

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #330 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 17:39:35 »

Hi. The alphas are just for alphas, and the f-keys were added to accommodate the all-green f-keys people wanted. Traditionally alphas won't include f-keys at all. So now you can get the alphas and the TKL mods and have both alternating f-key colors or the all-green one.

For the current price, this is what we face when trying to get as much compatibility as possible. We add one or two keys here or there and it all adds up sadly. Also, we're not very happy too with the pricing SP gave us, but it is what it is. We're looking into adding keys when tiers are tipped.

I feel like 1.75u shift should be standard in the TKL kits by now :( I don't want to pay $67 for that one key :(

The 1.75 shift is non-standard, so it went to the non-standard kit. If we add this key to the TKL mod then other people might start asking for stepped keys, 1u winkeys then 1.5u R4 mods to be added, and they will have an argument for it. The kits have been soft-locked for weeks too, and now the GB is live. We're preparing a GB thread.

edit:
This has been an exercise in mostly giving in to people's suggestions on keys included in kits, while also trying to trim it down as much as possible. We still added more keys than usual, so we'll just have to see how it goes. Don't say I didn't try. :)
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 April 2018, 18:24:38 by thesiscamper »

Offline DillonHightower

• Formerly DillonHighsmith
« Reply #331 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 21:24:33 »
How long will the buy be open for?

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #332 on: Wed, 11 April 2018, 21:50:52 »
i with another 66 bucks for the 1.75 shift the only thing I need from the extra kits.. makes this a automatic pass. I am sure it will most likely hit MOQ but at the same time sure its turning off a equal number of possible sales also. Just giving some feed back. I think the extra kit costing as much as the TKL kit is a bit obscene and just includes to much.

Offline Peppermint216

« Reply #333 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 01:20:47 »
Proxies?

Offline RealLaugh

« Reply #334 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 01:24:24 »
Proxies?

kono.store for int
mykeyboard.eu for EU
zfrontier for China

was announded over Thesiscamper's insta

Mykeeb.eu has the cateogry for the set in their GB area, but it seems they're still busy making the product pages.

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #335 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 03:53:48 »
Proxies?

kono.store for int
mykeyboard.eu for EU
zfrontier for China

Mykeeb.eu has the cateogry for the set in their GB area, but it seems they're still busy making the product pages.

whoah... mykeyboard.eu, stop that rip-off price! € != $... check the kono store € prices pls... (I'm sure it's just a mistake) ;)
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 April 2018, 03:59:06 by rioc »

Offline Peppermint216

« Reply #336 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 04:04:35 »
Proxies?

kono.store for int
mykeyboard.eu for EU
zfrontier for China

whoah... mykeyboard.eu, stop that rip-off price! € != $... check the kono store € prices pls... (I'm sure it's just a mistake) ;)
Add 20% ish vat to any EU proxy, you will be paying that anyway if you buy from kono, at least with the proxy there is no delay in customs.

Offline Phenix

« Reply #337 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 04:25:26 »
Ships January 2019.

Why are all kits such expensive? Compared to SA Carbon for instance....
Winter is coming.

Offline rioc

• Very Text - 键盘上瘾 ____rioc industries ink.
« Reply #338 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 04:35:24 »
Proxies?

kono.store for int
mykeyboard.eu for EU
zfrontier for China

Add 20% ish vat to any EU proxy, you will be paying that anyway if you buy from kono, at least with the proxy there is no delay in customs.

oh yeah right... I'll order from kono then... a little bit less import taxes for Switzerland (and also faster than getting it via belgium due to less tax return forms)

Offline Oblotzky

« Reply #339 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 04:49:17 »
Proxies?

kono.store for int
mykeyboard.eu for EU
zfrontier for China

oh yeah right... I'll order from kono then... a little bit less import taxes for Switzerland (and also faster than getting it via belgium due to less tax return forms)

Yeah for Swiss people it makes sense to buy from kono.store since either case is considered importing, so you'd be paying double VAT if purchased from mkb.eu. If I buy from mykeyboard.eu, I pay about 30eur more than if I bought from kono.store, but would most likely end up paying at least that anyways with import VAT and brokerage fees etc.

Offline long_qt_pie

« Reply #340 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 07:52:21 »
i with another 66 bucks for the 1.75 shift the only thing I need from the extra kits.. makes this a automatic pass. I am sure it will most likely hit MOQ but at the same time sure its turning off a equal number of possible sales also. Just giving some feed back. I think the extra kit costing as much as the TKL kit is a bit obscene and just includes to much.

1.75 artisans need to be a hotter thing now!  problem solved :P
Jetfire | Mech 27 v1 | Mira SE | Singa | Orion 2.5 | Eo87 | Lubrigante | MGA | IBM F XT | AEKII | Lightpad | Exent | Dolphin Rev 2 | F1-8x | Mr Suit

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • snoozing
« Reply #341 on: Thu, 12 April 2018, 08:31:05 »
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 April 2018, 16:59:10 by Signature »
Very busy with studies atm.