Author Topic: [IC] ⭐️ KAT Space Dust ⭐️ [GB starts soon - 24th May to 25th June]  (Read 188915 times)

Offline Bobatype

• Discord ID: BobaSweatandTears#1659
Re: [IC] KAT Space Dust [Update: 9/12/20 Reworked Full sized Modifiers]
« Reply #150 on: Tue, 08 December 2020, 23:56:39 »
Easy cop. The set just keeps getting better with every update. Absolutely stunning set.
Thanks for the love. We have been making some updates, but it's been slow process with other commitments and learning more about kitting for obscurer layouts.
Hopefully with holidays coming up soon, we can accelerate the refinement and be happy with kitting and novelties.
This set looks awesome! Love the planets!
Spaaaacee!!

looks sick, will buy instantly
Cheers

The norde-kit made this a must-have for me.
<3

That numpad is excellent.
Gonna look good on my Treasure Type 9
Ah that combo would look so slick. Damn, maybe I should've got that macropad.

Offline Bobatype

« Reply #151 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 00:11:23 »
Great set! Love the colored blanks & gradient space bar, would never ever use the caps with the childish cartoon illustrations - please don't bundle these in the same kit.
Ah I respect you have your own aesthetic preference, and you will be glad to hear we will be separating coloured gradient blanks and space bar in its own kit!

i want (aka need) every novelty in this kit omfg
<3

Media kit, yes, would buy. But also not essential. There are so many kits here already I worry about fulfilmemt challenges when none of the far more simple KAT kits I've ordered have shown any signs of progress well past their estimated delivery dates
Good points. Media kit will be last on consideration of additions, as we're still cleaning up our kitting and ensuring we have a reasonable number of SKUs. KAT Eternal is shipping, so production is showing some signs of life.

Galileo looking great. Would love some Wyvern or Southpaw Extended 65 renders.
I don't own those board files for rendering purposes, but I might be able to get a render on the hex6.c. I'll talk to pseudo about getting Galileo numpad rendered on that southpaw board.

omg i love this. more cats!!
<3. One of artisan collabs we're lining up will add another cat to the set.

Liking the colorful blank cluster on the 65% render but don't see it in the kits. Would love to have that in the kits, with legends preferred but blank is cool too.
Hi, we're rearranging our kitting still. The colorful blank cluster is going to be in a kit with gradient spacebars for those who like that accent. Legends might be difficult given the variety of text, icon and alien legends, and variety of placements of pg up an pg dn.

I kinda love it I kinda hate it. I will also fill out the IC but as always with KAT I think the kitting is way overdone. I would say get rid of the mono kits. Get rid of the alien language mods. The real star here to me are the non standard mods and the bright colors. The colors are really great together but I just cant help but feel this should have been a deskmat GB first. They are sick and I dont have worries about them like I do the novelty kit. Excited to see how this progresses. For now its Digioro.
Hi, I appreciate the feedback. We're revamping kitting, and have gotten rid of the mod kits given lack of popularity, and to simplify things. Alien language mods will likely stay as we do have some who really love them. In regards to the novelty kit concerns, we've been in talks with the manufacturer on getting some prototypes of them done to show proof of concept. See KAM 80s After Dark IC for a photo of the novelty spacebar prototype, to show that reverse dye sub can look fantastic.

Should do a second round one day.. in SA.. with a more mature theme... Laser guns and war ships or something, instead of....cute kitties in space suits..
Call it: SA Space ASHES.
Not a bad idea. I think SA would look slick. I like lasers and war ships. For now we're going uwu

Can we get a render of the mono alpha kit with the mods? I'm curious how they would look together since a mono mod kit doesn't appear to be available.
Hi, sorry to let you know that our IC kitting isn't exactly up to date, as we're probably ditching mono legend kits due to lack of popularity compared to the gradient concept.

Super excited about space cats!
If a cat meows in space, can you hear it?

nice set
Thanks for the nice comment. Have a great day yourself!

Offline nick779

« Reply #152 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 07:59:35 »

Can we get a render of the mono alpha kit with the mods? I'm curious how they would look together since a mono mod kit doesn't appear to be available.
Hi, sorry to let you know that our IC kitting isn't exactly up to date, as we're probably ditching mono legend kits due to lack of popularity compared to the gradient concept.

No worries, It's still a really awesome looking set!

Offline Abhorrent Cell

« Reply #153 on: Wed, 09 December 2020, 17:08:14 »
Galileo looking great. Would love some Wyvern or Southpaw Extended 65 renders.
I don't own those board files for rendering purposes, but I might be able to get a render on the hex6.c. I'll talk to pseudo about getting Galileo numpad rendered on that southpaw board.

Liking the colorful blank cluster on the 65% render but don't see it in the kits. Would love to have that in the kits, with legends preferred but blank is cool too.
Hi, we're rearranging our kitting still. The colorful blank cluster is going to be in a kit with gradient spacebars for those who like that accent. Legends might be difficult given the variety of text, icon and alien legends, and variety of placements of pg up an pg dn.

Nice. <3

Offline HappyB0T

• I'm a Piggie
« Reply #154 on: Fri, 11 December 2020, 16:58:24 »
There are so many good setups that are possible with the caps here. Well Done!

Offline gunmetal

« Reply #155 on: Mon, 14 December 2020, 17:55:13 »
Eagerly awaiting the GB! Really like the colors, theme, and even the novelties here. I usually opt out of getting novelties but will scoop these up.

Offline PHYLO

« Reply #156 on: Wed, 16 December 2020, 10:02:55 »
Probably the first keycap set that's not Cherry or OEM that I'm genuinely interested in.

Offline Roddin

« Reply #157 on: Wed, 16 December 2020, 10:47:11 »
Dude, really nice design. where do i sign up ?

Offline w0lfssegner

« Reply #158 on: Sat, 19 December 2020, 09:45:12 »
I don't spend too much time here because of FOMO and poverty but boy oh boy, am I glad to have stumbled on this kit! Definitely going on my buy goal next year! Please add more cats  ;D

Offline MadBinton

• 40/45/65/75% user
« Reply #159 on: Thu, 24 December 2020, 07:04:42 »
The updates look sweet. I feel like I've been following this set for a while now. I'm kind of curious if these complex novelties can actually be created and look good. Going to be such a great set if it does work out well.

Looking forward to GB next year. Hopefully Keyreative can catch up with production a bit.

Offline tomber

« Reply #160 on: Fri, 01 January 2021, 17:30:03 »
Somehow I stumbled upon this IC all the way from Moomin, or maybe it was Be the One? Anyhow - really nice kit. I'm thinking this will be my first GB. From the colours it looks like it will fit in perfectly with the Mekanisk Klippe T Ultramarine build I'm considering. A shame getting the end result of a GB takes so long. 🙁

Good luck, and looking forward to the buy!

Offline Drethis

« Reply #161 on: Sat, 02 January 2021, 19:07:56 »
Can't wait for the group buy!

Offline Sunriz3D

« Reply #162 on: Sat, 02 January 2021, 22:33:18 »
Looks awesome can't wait for it ! ( and the French kit :D )

Offline Viriid

« Reply #163 on: Sun, 03 January 2021, 11:52:34 »
Love the set, can't wait until the gb becomes available!

Offline AshF

« Reply #164 on: Sun, 03 January 2021, 19:04:47 »
Now this is a busy keyset and I love it, well done it looks incredible.
Looking forward to see this in GB

Offline pewpewpern

« Reply #165 on: Sat, 09 January 2021, 03:40:15 »
daddy likes

Offline norb

Re: [IC] KAT Space Dust [Update: 1/21/21 Removed 60% mods | vendor list]
« Reply #166 on: Fri, 22 January 2021, 12:17:56 »
can you shoot out a rough estimation of when the gb will start? like soon, soon™ or later?

gotta calculate my Q1 budget for the hobby  ;D

Offline hmmmwhatsthis

• no
« Reply #167 on: Fri, 22 January 2021, 12:44:57 »
Should do a second round one day.. in SA.. with a more mature theme... Laser guns and war ships or something, instead of....cute kitties in space suits..

lmao cringelord

OP please keep the set as is. it looks great, so much character

Offline Parva Ovis

« Reply #168 on: Mon, 25 January 2021, 10:41:43 »
Gorgeous set! I wish the ergo kit was the pink/blue-on-black modifiers instead of the pink-on-indigo, though. The split colors would look so good!

Offline kaleid

• in a world of magnets and miracles...
    • Ma socials
« Reply #169 on: Thu, 28 January 2021, 11:53:50 »

lmao cringelord

OP please keep the set as is. it looks great, so much character

omg yeah, I also love it as is :D reminds me of cats on synths in space, the synths part is visually missing but the color palette is so vaporwave that it makes up for that  ;D
RIP my KAM 80s After Dark set (ordered from Mechs&Co...)

Offline Abhorrent Cell

« Reply #170 on: Thu, 04 February 2021, 16:52:08 »
This is the next set on my radar. Hoping Command/Mac kit will include black caps to match the black modifiers.

Offline Groom

« Reply #171 on: Fri, 05 February 2021, 12:01:29 »
color ramp  looks so great  :thumb:

Offline bkrownd

« Reply #172 on: Fri, 05 February 2021, 14:19:40 »
  Does page 1 still reflect the current state of this set? (plus galileo numpad)  There are so many options and have been so many changes mentioned I've lost track.

Offline Bobatype

« Reply #173 on: Fri, 05 February 2021, 20:07:06 »
Gorgeous set! I wish the ergo kit was the pink/blue-on-black modifiers instead of the pink-on-indigo, though. The split colors would look so good!
This is the next set on my radar. Hoping Command/Mac kit will include black caps to match the black modifiers.

Hi, thanks for compliments! Black modifiers ended up polling really well, so we're aiming to have black modifier variants where we can.
So we will be making sure we have black modifiers Ergo kit. We will look to our SKU limit if it can also add a Black CMD kit for mac users if possible, but CMD kit is lower on the priority versus other kits we want black modifier variants for.

can you shoot out a rough estimation of when the gb will start? like soon, soon™ or later?

gotta calculate my Q1 budget for the hobby  ;D
It's not 100%, but after discussions with relevant vendors, we're likely aiming for April 2020; so expect a ramp up our updates over the next month, as we approach the beginning of Q2.

color ramp  looks so great  :thumb:
Thanks

Does page 1 still reflect the current state of this set? (plus galileo numpad)  There are so many options and have been so many changes mentioned I've lost track.
No unfortunately our kits are not yet up to date on the front page (there's still a list of errors we're correcting). Sorry, we'll try and get to that soon. There's a lot of changes that are planned. We're in the middle of a big  kitting revamp, as we're trying to make black modifier variants for kits that only has blue modifiers currently.  That's why we had to cull all our 60% only mods to make way for that. That's also why we're culling our non-gradient kits (so don't expect any of the non-gradient numpad or f-row kits).
In regards to galileo numpad, we're going to be merging the planetary novelties, with the Alien gradient numpad (Asimov). Partly because we don't have enough novelties to completely fill out the whole numpad. We need symbols for Num lock, divide, times and minus, so we're thinking of using alien text, or custom icon symbols. They both also fulfill a similar niche.
Also re: numpad, expect the gradient colours to be flipped around, so it'll flow better on a 100% layout, left to right. Also since we're changing from R5-R4 top rows to R4-R4, we will be able to slim down the amount of duplicate nav keys we have in our kits.

We still have yet to add the accent gradient stand-alone kit, and novelties will come in either black modifier or blue modifier variants.
Iso-specific enter and left shift keys will be likely baked into their respective modifier kit, as it's currently a bit too messy keeping them separate/stand-alone.
We are also looking to make the Extra Gradient add-ons (Rainbow Barf) - “Spæther” alpha kits stand-alone alphas instead of add-ons.

Anyways, sorry for the lack of updates. Pseudo and I will be ramping up some more frequent updates over the next month to get this IC up to scratch.

« Reply #174 on: Mon, 08 February 2021, 19:32:25 »
I absolutely adore the theme. Any chance on standard text modifiers, meaning not space terms or alien language? As much as I love the concept, I guarantee I would forget what some of them are, and the ones that are only icons have some that are kind of abstract relating to their function.

Offline KidsForCthulhu

« Reply #175 on: Thu, 18 February 2021, 23:46:19 »
yesssssssssss

there better be stickers with this set! so far the only thing i have are a pile of frozen llama stickers

Offline Rx003

« Reply #176 on: Fri, 19 February 2021, 03:35:58 »
I love the renders! Hope IC goes well and I wish you all the best  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Offline ThickJimmy

« Reply #177 on: Mon, 22 February 2021, 20:11:12 »
GB when???? I need this set!

Offline Ennead

« Reply #178 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 16:09:25 »
Can't wait for the GB :D

Small note, the legends on the ˇ~ key in the Polaris/North kit should probably be pink.

Offline wolverine92

« Reply #179 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 19:14:47 »
Will there be a Colevrak Kit?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Offline fatboycarney

« Reply #180 on: Tue, 23 February 2021, 20:57:52 »
Another Alien language, this is another must have to go with the language collection, great work on the set, you thought of so many things impressive!!  :thumb:

Offline Bobatype

« Reply #181 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 00:29:55 »
Another Alien language, this is another must have to go with the language collection, great work on the set, you thought of so many things impressive!!  :thumb:
Thanks! I'm building a language collection of sets myself too hah. Seeing Phoenician alphas for KAT Iron and Greek Alphas for KAT Atlantis definitely helped push us to offer something a bit different.

I absolutely adore the theme. Any chance on standard text modifiers, meaning not space terms or alien language? As much as I love the concept, I guarantee I would forget what some of them are, and the ones that are only icons have some that are kind of abstract relating to their function.
Hi, given the large number of modifier kits (icons, space terms, and alien; which will be offered in both black and dark blue variant), we're unlikely to be able to offer standard text modifiers, as we have cap of the total number of kits we're going to offer (~30 max).

Will there be a Colevrak Kit?
Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
We're going to try! It may end up being Colemak (+ Mod-DH); the gradient makes also accommodating for Dvorak, Norman and Workman layout difficulty.

GB when???? I need this set!
Fingers crossed, April 2021 if things run on schedule (kitting quotes and samples)

yesssssssssss
there better be stickers with this set! so far the only thing i have are a pile of frozen llama stickers
Thanks for reminding us of this idea! Some cute stickers would definitely be a nice add on.

Can't wait for the GB :D

Small note, the legends on the ˇ~ key in the Polaris/North kit should probably be pink.
Thanks for the correction!

I love the renders! Hope IC goes well and I wish you all the best  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Thank you thank you! 

In the mean-time, I've been working with the talented designer Oli (upcoming IC - SA Geoma) on revamping the icon mods:

*WIP
So feast your eyes on some new shiny renders by Pseudoalpaca:

Board: Rama Koyu (Ramaworks)

Board: Planet65

« Last Edit: Wed, 24 February 2021, 01:07:08 by bobasweatandtears »

Offline Bobatype

« Reply #182 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 01:03:45 »
- Singularity Deskmat featuring Nemui (by Bachoo) - render by me

Also hinted in previous renders (and known for a long-time on the discord server), a deskmat I've designed called "Singularity" will also feature alongside "Moonwalk" and "Parallel Universes". We're currently trying to rework the pattern deskmat "Parallel Universes" to something a bit less chaotic.

- Planetary numpad kit featuring on N9Ne Macropad (by Riftworks) - render by Pseudoalpaca

Note that the digits in the "Alien" numpad kit will instead use the planetary novelties.
Similarly, we'll also be offering those planet novelties as a F-row kit (R4), which will also include extra keys to make sure the gradient pattern  can also be used in place of the num-row on 60/65% layouts too [a concept taken from KAT Great Wave kitting]

« Last Edit: Wed, 10 March 2021, 08:50:18 by bobasweatandtears »

Offline scrps

« Reply #183 on: Wed, 24 February 2021, 13:29:07 »
space dolphin and black hole deskmat pog. also probably shouldn't credit keycap designer discord anymore

Offline Bobatype

« Reply #184 on: Fri, 26 February 2021, 23:30:30 »
We would like some opinions on some of the modifier colours (Black vs Blue) and legend options (Icon, Alien text, Space terms) we have.
In particularly, those who use F-row key layouts (we have too many options), and the ortho, 40s, and ergo. The more exotic layouts aren't popular enough to warrant offering multiple colour and legend options unfortuntely, so we'll go by popular votes.
Kindly drop by the discord server Unknown Ceys #polls to let us know your preferences (we don't mind if its just a temporary visit and you leave):

i.e. currently:

space dolphin and black hole deskmat pog. also probably shouldn't credit keycap designer discord anymore
Thanks! Space Dolphin is a subtle nod to the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy. Also considering adding 'Don't Panic' red accent novelty enter key too.
Was thinking of giving it a cute name too like Belle Dolphine or Dolph lundgren  :D like Zeta Pup and Kat

Cheers for the heads up, and we'll edit the credits. IC was created a while ago, and at the time it was easier to just credit the whole server, then particular individuals (although many have helped).
[Also a tangent: I'm totally biased, but I personally dislike the elitist attitude that some ppl have against keycap sets that have used resources/feedback from that discord server.  That server isn't to blame for low-effort ICs that occasionally get posted here (the server tries its best to warn against this, but enthusiastic newbies will disregard advice). Low-effort and less well-received ideas will naturally be weeded out anyways, so I don't get the point of gatekeeping. Anyways a shoutout(plug)  to current running GBs from there too such as kam superuser, gmk maestro, gmk iceberg, gmk civilisations, and ePBT Soju.]
« Last Edit: Fri, 26 February 2021, 23:42:44 by bobasweatandtears »

Offline Firebear31

« Reply #185 on: Tue, 02 March 2021, 02:01:08 »
Oh my god i'm so glad I stumbled upon this! This whole set with all those mods! It looks just so fitting well together! Really glad the GB didn't start yet so I can literally grab everything lol.
Only ever had OEM profile but really curious to try out KAT just because your set looks so great.

Offline yukiburzm

• zeonic keys
« Reply #186 on: Tue, 02 March 2021, 23:43:29 »
damn, hope the GB starts soon : p

Offline Bobatype

« Reply #187 on: Wed, 10 March 2021, 07:35:39 »
Hi, sorry for lack of updates. Pseudoalpaca and I are partly still waiting for Keyreative to show us colour matched samples of keycaps. Even though we have said April Groupbuy, it might get delayed depending on how long things take for this to happen. All our vendors are confirmed though!

In the mean-time, we're slowly revamping our work flow for renders, so there's been a bit of a delay in getting new images of kits up.
Regardless, I felt it was best to show in the interim some of the kitting updates thus far, despite the current images not being 'renders'.

Alphas

Modifiers (feat new custom icon legends, refinement of alien legends, and new space terminology)

F-Rows (R4 - thus can flexed to num-row!)

Numpad (planets now on display, featuring 'that's not a moon', 'reach', and references to stonks and ISS)

Spacebars

These are the main kits, the rest are still WIP that we're still refining and I'll post some draft KLEs of a few of them in another comment to keep things better compartmentalised.
Please let us know of any kitting errors.

Also open to feedback re: text modifiers
- will consider alternative superior space terminology suggestions if you specify which legend it would replace. We've added a few touches of pop culture references on the latest revamp, which we hope people like. Note that 'Don't Panic' will be a red accent enter novelty key so people who don't get - text modifiers can also have a bit of that fun.
- Also wondering if we should use space terms for 'Up', 'down' 'left' 'right' etc. instead, or keep as is as obvious text, or potentially just make them icon legends. If yes to space terms, any alternative suggestions?  (Roll, pitch and yaw only cover 3; and I ran out of ideas when considering other terms like apex, desc)

F-row kit (R4)
- second row of additional keys accounts for compressed F-row in 75% layouts, F13 layouts, and is colourway compatible with replacing the num-row keys on 60/65% layouts (I know many would love to use the planet kit on their smaller boards)
- the third row of purple keys is a bit extraneous, but essentially provides an alternative option of making the f-row have three blocks of colours, versus a continuous gradient like the alphas. You might also perhaps use them for a 4 x 1u column of single coloured planet keys.

(Shoutout to Oli who has been integral with helping this kitting revamp)
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 March 2021, 08:08:02 by bobasweatandtears »

Offline Bobatype

« Reply #188 on: Wed, 10 March 2021, 08:01:35 »
Apologies for scuffedness, but here's the draft kitting/screenshots of the KLE (faster for on the fly edits) of some other kits that are being finalised:

Gradient Accent kit

KLE:

40s Text

40s Icon kit is still a WIP. It's a fair bit bulkier, as that bottom row left modifier area gets gnarly with all the different configurations and we're welcome to feedback on cutting it down (already have had a huge amount of help from Dr Higsby trimming some of the fat)

Ergo - Icon legends

Ergo - Alien (Left) /Space Terms (Right)

Due to excess kits we were forced to decide between either Space term legends, or Alien legends for Ergo, and thought it might be fun to just compromise and do both.

Uncommon Alphas will be done too. So expect an update soon on those kits.
We're going to do Colemak, Nordic, German, Spanish, and maybe French.
And no we didn't forget you Brits.
UK Alphas (Add-on) - "Space Oddity"

Due to sheer number of kits, it's taking us some time to slowly make sure we haven't made any mistakes with the colour gradient pattern. Thanks for being so patient!

Offline Sunriz3D

« Reply #189 on: Wed, 10 March 2021, 08:53:41 »
Looking sick!

Can't wait for the Spacionaute  :thumb:

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #190 on: Wed, 10 March 2021, 11:29:03 »
Really nice work on the revised kits  :thumb:

Offline Abhorrent Cell

« Reply #191 on: Wed, 10 March 2021, 11:34:21 »
Stoked Function (Planets) kit profile will make it a perfect swap for number row. Ready to buy the hell outta this set when avail.

Offline RoyalOak88

« Reply #192 on: Wed, 10 March 2021, 12:12:53 »
For sure one of my favorites rolling here. 
I would die for a Portuguese kit, but I know that's not going to happen  :(
Either way count me in for it!  ;D

Offline Laur

• Formerly dudeship
  • gmk retro runic
    • wip
Re: [IC] KAT Space Dust
« Reply #193 on: Wed, 10 March 2021, 14:57:54 »
rework all ur kits , such an awfull work...

Wow you are pathetic, you're the person that stole art and claimed it was yours and then harassed other people when they called you out. Stop being mean to a set which is quite easily more impressive and well done than whatever abominations you make. Get a life.

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #194 on: Wed, 10 March 2021, 23:02:39 »
Yep, preparing wallet to go big on this. Awaiting GB with much excitement!

Offline Bobatype

« Reply #195 on: Sat, 13 March 2021, 09:11:11 »
Preview of WIP Gradient Accent Kit (rendered by Pseudo):

[Note: Spacebars will be all R1]
Currently debating if the 1u column keys should be row R4-R4-R3-R2-R1 or R4-R3-R2-R1-R1. Any suggestions?

We're still working on the best stripe pattern to use too; and if it's possible to also reduce the space it takes and offer it to split users.
If so, we'd aim for it to go on a  2.25c and a 3c spacebar key.
But perhaps it might be more cost-effective to keep in the main spacebar kit, instead of duplicating the blank 1c, 1.25c, 2.75c and 3c spacebars again in the gradient accent kit.

Other updates on further kitting:
MODIFIERS

Standard TEXT Modifiers for 60%-100%:
Expect some changes to the terminology, such as replacing UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT with space terms, such as Apex, Roll, Pitch, Yaw.
Considering red accent EMERGENCY enter button too as a fun Among Us reference. Unsure if this should be included in standard modifiers, or go to novelty kit for other modifier users to also enjoy. Note, there will be a DON'T PANIC red accent enter in the novelty kit too.

Got some help from Dr Higsby <3 around optimising the 40s kits a bit more:
40s Text:

40s Icon:

Ergo (Alien/Space):

(Some minor edits since last pic, with ongoing edits)

Mac:

ALPHAS
Colemak+:

Reference: https://colemakmods.github.io/mod-dh/keyboards.html
(Thanks to Nopunin10did for suggesting R2 Backspace)

NORDE:

(Made stand-alone kit, and kept German with Nordic)

Spanish/Portuguese:

(Made stand-alone kit, and decided to add some support for Latin American Spanish and EU Portuguese. Excluded Brazilian Portuguese at it added too many keys imo)

French:

(Using traditional and new AZERTY layout, however unsure if I should keep both, ditch one, or just switch to BEPO instead?)

- Many thanks to Nopunin10did's previous set KAT Napoleonic, NORDIC kitting guide and http://kbdlayout.info/ as frameworks around kitting for these regional language layouts. If you're a native user, please double check that let me know if I made any errors around matching it to the right spot in relation to colours.
« Last Edit: Sat, 13 March 2021, 09:56:38 by bobasweatandtears »

Offline Bobatype

« Reply #196 on: Sat, 13 March 2021, 09:26:32 »
Surprise, I tried to cater to EU Portuguese, alongside the Spanish alphas (it was 5 extra 1u keys). I doubt there is a large number of Spanish/Portuguese layout users in this community, but I felt like offering it anyways in this set if the MOQ system permits to.

Thanks  :thumb: I'm not sure I want to do another KAT set for a while, especially one with a pattern gradient  :-\

Stoked Function (Planets) kit profile will make it a perfect swap for number row. Ready to buy the hell outta this set when avail.
Yes, it will look amazing. Didn't want 60%/65% users which are a large part of this community to miss out on some fun planetary action despite having less keys to work with. Will try to get a render of this soon.

Looking sick!

Thanks. French kit managed to just slip in (It's probably the least popular kit on offer I think). The multiple standards though make it hard to also kit for.
Do I do traditional or new AZERTY? Do I do BEPO instead as those users might be more popular within this community specifically?

<3 Working hard to get to GB

Offline RoyalOak88

« Reply #197 on: Sat, 13 March 2021, 09:46:10 »
Surprise, I tried to cater to EU Portuguese, alongside the Spanish alphas (it was 5 extra 1u keys). I doubt there is a large number of Spanish/Portuguese layout users in this community, but I felt like offering it anyways in this set if the MOQ system permits to.

Thanks  :thumb: I'm not sure I want to do another KAT set for a while, especially one with a pattern gradient  :-\

Yes, it will look amazing. Didn't want 60%/65% users which are a large part of this community to miss out on some fun planetary action despite having less keys to work with. Will try to get a render of this soon.

Looking sick!

Thanks. French kit managed to just slip in (It's probably the least popular kit on offer I think). The multiple standards though make it hard to also kit for.
Do I do traditional or new AZERTY? Do I do BEPO instead as those users might be more popular within this community specifically?

<3 Working hard to get to GB

You're are an absolute legend! Ty
Can't wait for this to come to GB. Good luck  :thumb:

Offline Bobatype

« Reply #198 on: Sat, 13 March 2021, 22:36:13 »
Question:
Does anyone interested in this set actually use 6u (centered or off-centered) spacebar? Speak now, or forever hold your peace, as it may potentially be cut.
Our own internal discord server polling shows absolute ZERO interest. I haven't met or talk to one person yet who uses a 6u spacebar, and thus I'm fond of phasing it out from kitting.

French kit users: Do you guys use AZERTY or BEPO? KAT Napoleonic GB sales shows BEPO being more popular thus I'm considering switching from AZERTY to BEPO, as I suspect the latter might be more popular within the hobby itself, despite it not being as widely adopted as AZERTY in general.

Offline Abhorrent Cell

« Reply #199 on: Sat, 13 March 2021, 22:43:00 »
I won't be using Spanish/Portuguese but for some reason I'm very happy RoyalOak88 gets to have it haha.