Author Topic: [IC] GMK Lazurite | GB Ends June 6, 2021  (Read 154307 times)

Offline jaekid

• Instagram
It's been awhile. Life happened and there are just too many things I have been working on that's keeping me busy at the moment. I finally had the time to get back on Lazurite.
Here are the latest updates for the set:

01/27/21

-Group Buy launch is moved to February 12, 2021 to account for the final (minor) revisions of kits for Lazurite and the price quotes from GMK UNIQEY.
-Majority of the people interested in acquiring the set wants Icon+Text mods legends hence I will be reverting it back to when I first uploaded the IC for the set.
-I have also created a Discord server for those interested to grab a kit(s) of GMK Lazurite: Jaekid
-Updated renders with all the nice boards I currently have files of will also be uploaded.
-RAMA WORKS x GMK Lazurite metal artisan renders are finally here:

RAMA WORKS x GMK Lazurite Metal Artisan Esc Key
Brass with Polished Gold PVD Finish

Offline a_ander

Looks incredible, looking forward to the GB

Offline ChipsAhoy68

Super clean set, great job!  This is gonna be my first group buy and I'm so hyped!  It's gonna look great on my build.  I'm also going to have to pick up some novelties, they look so elegant. 

Offline KawabataLuis

Is there a possibility of making one rama with a lazurite blue enamel infill? I think it would be so good.

Offline jaekid

• Instagram
Looks incredible, looking forward to the GB

Thank you! Let me work on the remaining tasks for the GB. Thank you for the support!

Super clean set, great job!  This is gonna be my first group buy and I'm so hyped!  It's gonna look great on my build.  I'm also going to have to pick up some novelties, they look so elegant. 

Appreciate this man! I’ll have more time to speak with you guys at my discord server once GB is up. Looking forward! :D

Is there a possibility of making one rama with a lazurite blue enamel infill? I think it would be so good.

It has already been finalized by both parties (me and RAMA WORKS) that we’ll only offer a single RAMA artisan for Lazurite. It’s a nice concept you’re after, I like that too. Maybe in the future, I may be able to design something with that same inspiration. ;)

Offline zionsped

• Simbusped
It's been awhile. Life happened and there are just too many things I have been working on that's keeping me busy at the moment. I finally had the time to get back on Lazurite.
Here are the latest updates for the set:

01/27/21

-Group Buy launch is moved to February 12, 2021 to account for the final (minor) revisions of kits for Lazurite and the price quotes from GMK UNIQEY.
-Majority of the people interested in acquiring the set wants Icon+Text mods legends hence I will be reverting it back to when I first uploaded the IC for the set.
-I have also created a Discord server for those interested to grab a kit(s) of GMK Lazurite: Jaekid
-Updated renders with all the nice boards I currently have files of will also be uploaded.
-RAMA WORKS x GMK Lazurite metal artisan renders are finally here:

RAMA WORKS x GMK Lazurite Metal Artisan Esc Key
Brass with Polished Gold PVD Finish

Show Image

:p :p :p

Offline Havattack

If this goes well, might you do a R2 with the Gold on Blue set? That thing was awesome, and while this set is still really great, i just have too many blue and white sets right now (I would of still got iit with the blue on gold novelties, but alas, they be gone too..) Either way, good luck with this one! :thumb:

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

If this goes well, might you do a R2 with the Gold on Blue set? That thing was awesome, and while this set is still really great, i just have too many blue and white sets right now (I would of still got iit with the blue on gold novelties, but alas, they be gone too..) Either way, good luck with this one! :thumb:

He better

Offline jaekid

• Instagram

He better

If it goes well, I see no reason why not to. Thank you for the support guys. ;D

Offline jaekid

• Instagram
Re: [IC] GMK Lazurite | Box Art Uploaded | GB: February 12, 2021
« Reply #209 on: Sun, 31 January 2021, 06:56:24 »
Update 01/31/21

-Uploaded GMK Lazurite's box art. Hoping it does get to you as how I have imagined them. I believe GMK/UNIQEY always does a good job with these boxes. :D

Offline jaekid

• Instagram
Re: [IC] GMK Lazurite | Kits Finalized | Philippines Proxy | GB: February 12, 2021
« Reply #210 on: Mon, 01 February 2021, 07:14:14 »
Update 02/01/21

-Final kits submitted to GMK/UNIQEY. We will be waiting for the price quotes.
-A new vendor is added and we are bringing the set closer to my home country, Philippines through Zion Studios PH!
-This IC will still be organized to showcase all the collaborations for GMK Lazurite during the group buy period
-FINAL kit revisions (no further changes will be made unless otherwise for minimizing cost):

Reverted the legends to Icon+Text Mods for both Lazurite (base), Calcite (alternate alphas) Tab key, and Ultra (extension)
Removed the gold on blue Esc and Enter keys on Pyrite (accent) and ommitted gold <6.0u space bars
Trimmed down Ultra (extension), removed the gold spacebars
Added 3.0u spacebars to Lapis (spacebars) and removed the 6.0u white spacebars

« Last Edit: Mon, 01 February 2021, 07:18:00 by jaekid »

Offline jaekid

• Instagram
Re: [IC] GMK Lazurite | GB: February 12, 2021 | Collabs Showcase
« Reply #211 on: Tue, 02 February 2021, 13:31:25 »
Updates 02/02/21

-GMK Lazurite x Keebsake (PH) resin artisan keycaps revealed
-removed dropdown 'more' feature of Lazurite's collab photos to showcase the amazing masterpieces of Lazurite's collaborators

*Updated renders to match the final kits will be uploaded soon (on additional keyboard cases)

Offline jaekid

• Instagram
Re: [IC] GMK Lazurite | GB: February 12, 2021 | Swift Cables
« Reply #212 on: Fri, 05 February 2021, 02:02:06 »
Update 02/05/21

-Swift Cables has done an awesome job with the collaboration cables for GMK Lazurite!

Color options:
Cables
-Blue on Blue
-White on Blue
Aviator Connector
-Blue with White accent
-Gold with Blue accent
-White with Blue accent

Swift Cables x GMK Lazurite Cables

« Last Edit: Sat, 06 February 2021, 00:10:39 by jaekid »

Offline jaekid

• Instagram
Re: [IC] GMK Lazurite | GB: February 12, 2021 | Add'l Renders
« Reply #213 on: Sat, 06 February 2021, 07:50:47 »
Update 02/06/21
The GB for Lazurite is set to launch soon and I am working on the updated renders of the set on other keyboard cases. Here's an addition to the previous renders I did for Lazurite, a keyboard designed by Gone Hacking Studio, GHS.RAR.

-adding renders of GMK Lazurite on other keyboard layouts (mod legends are changed to ICON+TEXT on the final kits)

GMK Lazurite on GHS.RAR by Gone Hacking Studio. Renders done by GHS.

Offline Adil_1907

« Reply #214 on: Sat, 06 February 2021, 10:16:09 »
[Suggestion]Can you pls try to make a NorDe-kit, I mean dude, this looks so sick, i'd buy 2 sets for sure if it'd have German keys. I know its about 1 week before the GB and you're not taking any changes from now on, but maybe in a round 2 restock? Thx :)
« Last Edit: Sat, 06 February 2021, 10:37:14 by Adil_1907 »

Offline kidpid

« Reply #215 on: Sat, 06 February 2021, 17:18:09 »
(mod legends are changed to ICON+TEXT on the final kits)

Do you have any renders with icon+text? Initially you said text only because you thought the modern icons would clash with the novelties, and I'm inclined to agree. I don't think icon+text will look very good with the novelties, and I think the icons will detract a bit from them.

Offline jaekid

• Instagram
« Reply #216 on: Sat, 06 February 2021, 23:05:07 »
[Suggestion]Can you pls try to make a NorDe-kit, I mean dude, this looks so sick, i'd buy 2 sets for sure if it'd have German keys. I know its about 1 week before the GB and you're not taking any changes from now on, but maybe in a round 2 restock? Thx :)

If the group buy becomes successful and the community would really be interested with a R2 of Lazurite, I will surely consider this. Thank you very much for the kind words! :D

Offline jaekid

• Instagram
« Reply #217 on: Sat, 06 February 2021, 23:20:03 »
(mod legends are changed to ICON+TEXT on the final kits)

Do you have any renders with icon+text? Initially you said text only because you thought the modern icons would clash with the novelties, and I'm inclined to agree. I don't think icon+text will look very good with the novelties, and I think the icons will detract a bit from them.

I have thought this through and seriously considered all the feedback I have received from the community while also trying to stay true to the design concept of Lazurite. Based on the interest check, majority of people who would like to avail the base kit alone wanted the icon+text legends. I did multiple renders of Lazurite with the icon+text together with the novelties and tried to look at them every single day of working with this set, and personally, it didn't really taint the whole design after all. :) I have recently uploaded additional renders of Lazurite with the High Renaissance novelties and mod legends with icon+text on Pizza65. Here's a top view of it.

*Here's an old render of the Calcite kit on a Reasonable65 with the High Renaissance (Gold) novelties.

Offline zionsped

• Simbusped
Re: [IC] GMK Lazurite | GB: Feb. 12, 2021 | Additional Renders
« Reply #218 on: Sat, 06 February 2021, 23:38:00 »
 :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: uubusin mo pera ng Zion pre :(

Offline jaekid

• Instagram
Re: [IC] GMK Lazurite | GB: Feb. 12, 2021 | Sandun Art Collab
« Reply #219 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 11:11:57 »
Update 02/07/21

-Sandun Art x GMK Lazurite Grim Reaper artisan keycap revealed

Offline Senbeii

• Swiggity Swag Whats In Da Bag
    • Keyoto
« Reply #220 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 12:44:19 »
This looks awesome, especially the Rama cap! Looking forward to the GB  :thumb:

Offline jaekid

• Instagram
« Reply #221 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 14:35:09 »
This looks awesome, especially the Rama cap! Looking forward to the GB  :thumb:

Thank you for the support! I appreciate this feedback. :D

Offline jaekid

• Instagram
Re: [IC] GMK Lazurite | GB: Feb. 12, 2021 | Sandun Art & ZappyCappys Collab
« Reply #222 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 14:35:58 »
02/07/21
-adding to the collaboration album, re-uploading this worthy of recognition arrow set which pairs up nicely with GMK Lazurite by ZappyCappys

Offline lycantivis

Re: [IC] GMK Lazurite | GB: Feb. 12, 2021 | Sandun Art & ZappyCappys Collab
« Reply #223 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 15:58:30 »
omg those look so good.

Offline kidpid

« Reply #224 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 19:19:09 »
I have thought this through and seriously considered all the feedback I have received from the community while also trying to stay true to the design concept of Lazurite. Based on the interest check, majority of people who would like to avail the base kit alone wanted the icon+text legends. I did multiple renders of Lazurite with the icon+text together with the novelties and tried to look at them every single day of working with this set, and personally, it didn't really taint the whole design after all. :) I have recently uploaded additional renders of Lazurite with the High Renaissance novelties and mod legends with icon+text on Pizza65.

After seeing those renders I agree. The icon+text mods don't detract as much as I thought they would. Looking forward to this GB! Really appreciate the 40s support.

Offline jaekid

• Instagram
« Reply #225 on: Sun, 07 February 2021, 23:59:33 »
omg those look so good.

If you are referring to the artisan keycaps, yes they really do look great! Amazing masterpiece created by each collaborator. ;D

I have thought this through and seriously considered all the feedback I have received from the community while also trying to stay true to the design concept of Lazurite. Based on the interest check, majority of people who would like to avail the base kit alone wanted the icon+text legends. I did multiple renders of Lazurite with the icon+text together with the novelties and tried to look at them every single day of working with this set, and personally, it didn't really taint the whole design after all. :) I have recently uploaded additional renders of Lazurite with the High Renaissance novelties and mod legends with icon+text on Pizza65.

After seeing those renders I agree. The icon+text mods don't detract as much as I thought they would. Looking forward to this GB! Really appreciate the 40s support.

Thank you for the support man! It's waiting time for now but I will surely give updates every now and then about the GB of the set.

Offline jaekid

• Instagram
Re: [IC] GMK Lazurite | GB: Feb. 12, 2021 | Renders on Geon's F2-84
« Reply #226 on: Mon, 08 February 2021, 00:01:10 »
Update 02/07/21

-adding more keyboard renders, this time on Geon's F2-84

I hope F2-84 does have this ISO-compatible PCB  :p

« Last Edit: Mon, 08 February 2021, 00:18:34 by jaekid »

Offline Curin Derwin

« Reply #227 on: Mon, 08 February 2021, 16:55:10 »
omg those look so good.

If you are referring to the artisan keycaps, yes they really do look great! Amazing masterpiece created by each collaborator. ;D

Thank you for the support man! It's waiting time for now but I will surely give updates every now and then about the GB of the set.
Is there a place we can go to track each artisan's raffle?

Offline jaekid

• Instagram
« Reply #228 on: Mon, 08 February 2021, 21:21:08 »
omg those look so good.

Is there a place we can go to track each artisan's raffle?

Hi there man! I have uploaded all information about the artisans in my Discord server. It's easier to reach people through the platform in this regard. Same with all the updates I am uploading for Lazurite, I make sure to post through the following accounts. For every raffle/sale, I'll be putting updates here at Geekhack.
if you ever drop by the Discord server, you can check the info about the artisans on #lazurite-collab

My Discord Server
My Instagram
My Reddit

Thank you for the support!

Offline Que7797

Re: [IC] GMK Lazurite | GB: Feb. 12, 2021 | Renders on Geon's F2-84
« Reply #229 on: Tue, 09 February 2021, 14:16:57 »
Icon+text was the move!

Offline jaekid

• Instagram
Re: [IC] GMK Lazurite | GB Pending w/ Updates
« Reply #230 on: Wed, 10 February 2021, 01:06:29 »
Update 02/10/21

We are still waiting for GMK's price quotes for Lazurite and we're giving it until tomorrow to know if we can push through with the Feb. 12, 2021 schedule of GB release. If we can't get the quotes sooner, we will have to move the date of the launch but rest assured the group buy will happen.
-I am continuously uploading updated renders so you can have a better view of how GMK Lazurite will look on different boards.
-Uploaded better view of the Paint Frame and Renaissance Ornament deskmats
-Sandun recommended his friend who is also making artisan keycaps, Namong, another very talented artisan from Korea who will be part of the collaboration for GMK Lazurite. You may check his works at https://www.instagram.com/namong.art/
-Lastly, let me highlight this RAMA Esc Key once again  :D

RAMA WORKS (Australia)

RAMA WORKS x Lazurite Metal Esc Key
(Brass with Polished Gold PVD)

Offline jaekid

• Instagram
Re: [IC] GMK Lazurite | GB Rechedule | Namong Keycaps Collab!
« Reply #231 on: Wed, 10 February 2021, 12:54:39 »
Important Updates 02/10/21

-Since we are still waiting for the price quotes from GMK/UNIQEY, we will be rescheduling the GB date for GMK Lazurite. We don't want to rush things and this will also help us prepare everything with breathing room before the actual dates. I am in constant communication with vendors, collaborators and everyone involved in this project.
-While there are things not going according to the initial plan, there is still great news for everyone, we will make sure the community is satisfied with the group buy (GIVEAWAY/S) on their way.  ;)
-Get more updates and info about the set here:

-To cap this update, let me put the spotlight to these amazing artisan keycaps by another talented artisan from Korea, Namong (he was referred by Sandun and he finished this right away while keeping them clean, it's astounding, hands down to this great artist!)
Check his other works HERE

Namong Keycaps x GMK Lazurite

Offline jaekid

• Instagram
Re: [IC] GMK Lazurite | GB Pending | Sandun x Namong Collab Artisan Keycaps LIVE
« Reply #232 on: Fri, 12 February 2021, 16:33:44 »
02/12/21

-GB for GMK Lazurite is still pending as we wait for the price quotes, I will post updates on different platforms for everyone following the progress

-GB for Sandun x GMK Lazurite x Namong Keycaps Collab artisan keycaps are LIVE at Reddit with a bonus GIVEAWAY.

GB Link (more information about the sales): Sandun x Namong x Lazurite

Offline jaekid

• Instagram
Re: [IC] GMK Lazurite | GB Near | More Renders + Krapshop Raffle
« Reply #233 on: Wed, 17 February 2021, 00:46:48 »
Updates 02/16/21
-The prices of GMK Lazurite kits and PATAG x Lazurite deskmats will soon be finalized. We already have the price for the RAMA metal artisan Esc key and I will upload them altogether as soon as we are ready to announce.
-Everything follows afterwards, GB schedule will also be announced right after discussion with all the vendors. All planned giveaways shall happen and quick updates will be uploaded every now and then on my discord server and all platforms where I have uploaded GMK Lazurite.
-Uploaded updated renders of the RAMA WORKS M60-A with the Pyrite kit so you'd have a better look on how this kit accentuates the set. I will also be adding more updated renders to reflect the Icon+Text mods (keyboard renders at the bottom of this thread)
-Krapshop will run the raffle for the Krapshop x GMK Lazurite Catto19 artisan keycaps Feb.17, 9PM, EST.
3 colorways
-Raw Lazurite (surprise colorway)
-Lapis Lazuli
-Calcite

Offline Ripcord

Re: [IC] GMK Lazurite | GB Near | More Renders + Krapshop Raffle
« Reply #234 on: Sun, 21 February 2021, 22:57:25 »
Please just take my money! I got into keyboard and missed the GMK classic blue.. I have been looking for another set like that for some time and this one to me blow that one away!  Thanks for all the hard work on this set looking forward to having this set!!!

Offline hiddensong

• this too shall pass
Re: [IC] GMK Lazurite | GB Reschedule (Soon)
« Reply #235 on: Thu, 25 February 2021, 07:14:15 »
Still no word on GB date?

Offline Duckling

« Reply #236 on: Fri, 26 February 2021, 01:41:15 »
Looks like a great set! Interested in the base kit, alphas, and accent kit.

Offline jaekid

• Instagram
« Reply #237 on: Sat, 27 February 2021, 14:17:18 »
Still no word on GB date?

Unfortunately I’m still on the waiting end but the set will surely run once we have the price quotes from GMK. There is a kitting revision we have recently implemented due to GMK’s MOQ system. It is crucial to the pricing of the kits but it shall prove to be beneficial for everyone interested to acquire kit/(s) of GMK Lazurite

Please just take my money! I got into keyboard and missed the GMK classic blue.. I have been looking for another set like that for some time and this one to me blow that one away!  Thanks for all the hard work on this set looking forward to having this set!!!

Thank you for the support! Hopefully, I’ll be able to launch the set soon enough for everyone who’s been following Lazurite

Looks like a great set! Interested in the base kit, alphas, and accent kit.

Thank you for the feedback! The new kitting (sent to and being reviewed by GMK) which I’ll be uploading shall help you gain more attraction to the set. Pyrite (accent) kit is integrated to the base kit.

Offline Trivent

• Trivent Keyboards
« Reply #238 on: Sat, 27 February 2021, 20:20:50 »
Damn that reminds me a lot of Santorini Greece. This combined with the gmk civ column deskmat might fit that antiquity style PERFECTLY.

Offline jaekid

• Instagram
« Reply #239 on: Sun, 28 February 2021, 22:11:26 »
Damn that reminds me a lot of Santorini Greece. This combined with the gmk civ column deskmat might fit that antiquity style PERFECTLY.

It will. ;)

Offline GMK_Andy

• * Vendor
« Reply #240 on: Wed, 10 March 2021, 19:02:20 »
I just wanted to say that we are waiting on final renders to provide quotes on. Once we have those, we can get the quotes out.  :thumb:

Offline jaekid

• Instagram
« Reply #241 on: Sat, 13 March 2021, 06:36:33 »
I just wanted to say that we are waiting on final renders to provide quotes on. Once we have those, we can get the quotes out.  :thumb:

Hi there Andy, I hope you saw my message :D Just came back home from vacation and wasn't able to put up every update re file exchanges happening between GMK, MK and me. Nevertheless, the updated kitting and the novelty redesign files were already sent to your team. Thank you very much! Hope you always stay safe and healthy!

Offline jaekid

• Instagram
Re: [IC] GMK Lazurite | Novelties Redesign | Kitting Overhaul
« Reply #242 on: Sat, 13 March 2021, 09:33:41 »
03/13/21

For anyone who's been following the set, involved with this project, and would just like to get updates, I just came home from vacation :D
-After being thoroughly reviewed by the engineering team of GMK, it was reported back to me that I needed to revise the High Renaissance novelties (thickness and gaps), we were not able to push through with the GB schedule because I needed to do a rework. Redesigning the novelties made the contours more uniform than the previous ones. No changes were made with the key sizes and colors. This is already approved by GMK.
-I seized the opportunity to overhaul and optimize the kitting of the whole set one last time while redesigning the novelties, minimizing as much keys as possible while providing enough support for different layouts with the new base and child kits. You can always ask me through my Discord server if you ever need clarification re specifics of the set.
-All renders I uploaded with the old High Renaissance Novelties design will be re-uploaded

Thank you for the support! Hope you all are staying safe and healthy. As these words have stuck with me from my vacation, I'd like to tell you this as well:
Follow your bliss.

Meanwhile, here's my recent render of GMK Lazurite on KL-90 by Kiko's Lab

Offline Prestley

• Twitch
« Reply #243 on: Sun, 14 March 2021, 03:23:17 »
Right on, hopefully you are able to retain the detail that you want for the novelties!

Offline zer010gic

« Reply #244 on: Tue, 16 March 2021, 12:02:14 »
This set looks amazing.   I cant wait.

Offline Nukz

• ig: nukzak
Re: [IC] GMK Lazurite | Novelties Redesign | AXE 60 Renders
« Reply #245 on: Tue, 16 March 2021, 13:12:02 »
I like the new novelties, but one question, GB date???

Offline jaekid

• Instagram
Re: [IC] GMK Lazurite | Novelties Redesign | AXE 60 Renders
« Reply #246 on: Wed, 17 March 2021, 09:11:19 »
Right on, hopefully you are able to retain the detail that you want for the novelties!

Thank you! The novelties redesign is already approved by GMK's engineering team. Renders with the redesigned novelties will slowly be updated. :D

This set looks amazing.   I cant wait.

Thanks man! Really appreciate it!

I like the new novelties, but one question, GB date???

We're just waiting for the price quotes then the new GB date shall be set. ;D

Offline jaekid

• Instagram
Re: [IC] GMK Lazurite | Official GB Date: May 7, 2021
« Reply #247 on: Thu, 25 March 2021, 15:27:56 »
03/25/21

Latest Updates:

-GMK Lazurite is finally going LIVE on May 7, 2021
-Price quotes from GMK are in, will be discussed with all vendors and will be uploaded anytime next week.
-All renders with the High Renaissance novelties will be updated with the NEW and revised novelty designs.

If you are reading this, I'd like to let you know that it has been a rough road getting to this point. But I will always stay positive about this journey. Ultra marinus, the theme of this set means beyond the sea, representing us as a community, a distant bond but a precious one. I will always wish the best for all of you. Thank you for being a part of this journey!

Offline jaekid

• Instagram
Re: [IC] GMK Lazurite | GB: May 7, 2021 | KN2.10² Renders
« Reply #248 on: Wed, 07 April 2021, 04:21:48 »
04/07/21

1month before the GB goes live, me and the vendors shall be discussing the pricing of all kits. Stay tuned!

New Renders of GMK Lazurite I did on thesiscamper's and Louis' KN2.10², a 60% keyboard with some nice curves which has ended its GB way back. It will have a 65% variant called LXV. Be sure to check out thesiscamper for updates about the 65% variant.

Offline Timception

Re: [IC] GMK Lazurite | GB: May 7, 2021 | KN2.10² Renders
« Reply #249 on: Sun, 11 April 2021, 23:43:17 »
Base and alternate alphas, a must, gorgeous set!