Author Topic: [SOLD] Nice Alps full-size doubleshots on ebay  (Read 3396 times)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 August 2016, 07:19:59 by fohat.digs »
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: Desirable Alps full-sizes on ebay for $60 or less shipped
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 30 July 2016, 14:06:17 »
Somebody should buy this. If I had not found a really nice Omnikey recently, I would.

These don't turn up very often in nice condition at this price point.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 30 July 2016, 15:44:09 »
Agreed, this is a pretty excellent buy. The Focus looks really nice too (although I'm not sure he has the actual built-in dust cover, he just calls it "a plastic dust cover".
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 30 July 2016, 17:51:25 »
Agreed, this is a pretty excellent buy. The Focus looks really nice too (although I'm not sure he has the actual built-in dust cover, he just calls it "a plastic dust cover".

The brown plastic clips are there, and he uses the word "still" so I would bet money that it is the original.

I am in a PM conversation now with someone who wants some really nice Northgate 101 keys, but he probably doesn't want to buy the keyboard for them. Good thing, the 101 is the only Northgate that I would give a second glance to and it would be a tragedy to waste a nice one like that.

Offline ThoughtArtist

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 31 July 2016, 21:23:35 »

The brown plastic clips are there, and he uses the word "still" so I would bet money that it is the original.

I am in a PM conversation now with someone who wants some really nice Northgate 101 keys, but he probably doesn't want to buy the keyboard for them. Good thing, the 101 is the only Northgate that I would give a second glance to and it would be a tragedy to waste a nice one like that.

Yeah, after seeing discussions about tearing up beautiful Leading Edge boards to get the Blue Alps switches, I hope more true vintage enthusiasts can save these boards from the whims of modders.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: Alps Focus full-size doubleshots on ebay for $44 shipped
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 31 July 2016, 21:47:07 »

Yeah, after seeing discussions about tearing up beautiful Leading Edge boards to get the Blue Alps switches, I hope more true vintage enthusiasts can save these boards from the whims of modders.

Well, I am a nut for ANSI layouts. I have stripped more than 1 LE 2014s for switches and caps, because the layout is horrific, but I would love to have a 3014 on something that a reasonable person could actually use.

Offline ThoughtArtist

« Reply #6 on: Sun, 31 July 2016, 22:48:35 »

Well, I am a nut for ANSI layouts. I have stripped more than 1 LE 2014s for switches and caps, because the layout is horrific, but I would love to have a 3014 on something that a reasonable person could actually use.

Awww... it's not that bad. For just typing I like my XT's layout. I wouldn't use if for office work or gaming, but for typing a letter while embracing the vintage goodness, it is nice. It's like transporting to a different age of computer technology.

Offline //gainsborough

• ALPSの日常
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 31 July 2016, 23:15:06 »
I was able to talk him down and bought it!  I sent him a message asking if it shipped with the dust cover though and he informed me he didn't have it =(  I've been looking for a focus board for a while and I really wanted the dust cover - but it's not that big of a deal.  The fact that it looks very clean I would say more than makes up for it.  Thanks for the heads up on the board, fohat!

Offline //gainsborough

• ALPSの日常

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 01 August 2016, 07:19:14 »
I was able to talk him down and bought it!  I sent him a message asking if it shipped with the dust cover though and he informed me he didn't have it =(  I've been looking for a focus board for a while and I really wanted the dust cover - but it's not that big of a deal.  The fact that it looks very clean I would say more than makes up for it.  Thanks for the heads up on the board, fohat!

What? The listing made a special point of emphasizing the dust cover! At least you have the side hinges, in case you ever find a cover without them.

Yours looks much nicer and a couple of dollars cheaper than the other one.