Author Topic: Gaming mousepads!  (Read 285563 times)

Offline Ballcuzzi

• http://www.teamliquid.net
Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #150 on: Thu, 28 April 2011, 07:31:59 »
cant go wrong the with razer goliathus... i got the control edition going on year #2 now. maybe ill try the qck next
Filco Majestouch Tactile Click FKBN104MC/EB

Offline aynjell

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #151 on: Thu, 28 April 2011, 19:53:02 »
I'm likely to buy a raztpad xt as soon as I get the RMA for the left handed deathadder I ordered on a whim finished.
Das Keyboard Professional -mx blue- @ Work
Das Keyboard S Ultimate Silent -mx brown- @ Home

Do not fart in the same room as a dark brother or sister, to do so is to invoke the wrath of Sithis...

Offline bionicroach

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #152 on: Fri, 29 April 2011, 00:31:50 »
The Ratpadz XT are great!  Super smooth and feels very solid on the desk.  They seem like they would take forever to wear out as well.

The only issue I have with them is that they do seem to eat the teflon mouse feet fairly quickly, but then again those are pretty cheap to replace, so it's not that big of a deal.

Offline Moratorius

• Kyle Chong
Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #153 on: Fri, 29 April 2011, 09:03:49 »
I've been partial to Artisan's gaming mouse pads ever since I tried a HIEN.  I'm currently using a SHIDEN and have been very happy with its glide characteristics.
« Last Edit: Fri, 29 April 2011, 17:02:58 by Moratorius »
HHKB Type-S, Topre Realforce 87UB (55g)

Offline aynjell

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #154 on: Fri, 29 April 2011, 14:34:16 »
Are there any extremely low friction mouse pads you guys can reccomend? I think I need a fairly large pad that operates butter smooth. Something I can move my mouse on with zero effort. I find that with a heavy mouse like the lachesis, you end up with too much starting force required to move a mouse in a given direction, and as such, you end up moving more than you wanted to... so a pad with the least amount of friction is preferable, and if I understand it correctly the texture on the ratzpadz provides this, but I'm hoping other options exist.

Any suggestions?

Do not fart in the same room as a dark brother or sister, to do so is to invoke the wrath of Sithis...

Offline Arc'xer

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #155 on: Fri, 29 April 2011, 15:48:40 »
Quote from: Moratorius;339124
I've been partial to I'm partial to Artisan's gaming mouse pads ever since I tried a HIEN.  I'm currently using a SHIDEN and have been very happy with its glide characteristics.

Mind being more specific, if possible?

Quote from: aynjell;339250
Are there any extremely low friction mouse pads you guys can reccomend? I think I need a fairly large pad that operates butter smooth. Something I can move my mouse on with zero effort. I find that with a heavy mouse like the lachesis, you end up with too much starting force required to move a mouse in a given direction, and as such, you end up moving more than you wanted to... so a pad with the least amount of friction is preferable, and if I understand it correctly the texture on the ratzpadz provides this, but I'm hoping other options exist.

Any suggestions?

You have issues with static friction or Stiction. The amount of initial force required to initiate movement is high and forces you to exert a lot of energy causing you to overshoot and creating excess kinetic energy. You should check out esreality they have a lot of threads on mousepads with your desired lack of friction though many will suggest things like the icemat i-2 and whatnot. Not sure if your a fan of glass mousepad if not there's also func pads and many others but your not gonna get a lot of ratpadz fans over there, if your searching for hard pads but there's a few cloth pads with similar characteristics not as close to hard pads but similar enough to be used. But then again it depends on your sensitivity if your low or high and want a smaller or larger pad.

Yeah the smoother a mousepad the more surface area it creates with the mousefeet while a textured mousepad has less surface area with the mousefeet.

Offline aynjell

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #156 on: Fri, 29 April 2011, 16:13:12 »
Quote from: Arc'xer;339266
Mind being more specific, if possible?

You have issues with static friction or Stiction. The amount of initial force required to initiate movement is high and forces you to exert a lot of energy causing you to overshoot and creating excess kinetic energy. You should check out esreality they have a lot of threads on mousepads with your desired lack of friction though many will suggest things like the icemat i-2 and whatnot. Not sure if your a fan of glass mousepad if not there's also func pads and many others but your not gonna get a lot of ratpadz fans over there, if your searching for hard pads but there's a few cloth pads with similar characteristics not as close to hard pads but similar enough to be used. But then again it depends on your sensitivity if your low or high and want a smaller or larger pad.

Yeah the smoother a mousepad the more surface area it creates with the mousefeet while a textured mousepad has less surface area with the mousefeet.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have a func, but it wore out pretty quickly. About a year and a half before it was unusable. I suppose I can give it another try.

Offline IanM

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #157 on: Sat, 30 April 2011, 09:33:34 »
Quote from: aynjell;339250
Are there any extremely low friction mouse pads you guys can reccomend? I think I need a fairly large pad that operates butter smooth.
I tested quite a few cloth mousepads a while ago and posted comments on [H]ard|Forum, this thread:
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1531075

-------------------------------------------------------
Glide resistance ranking by mouse
-------------------------------------------------------

I've tried to figure out an order according to how fast each pad feels,  but the mouse feet make too much difference to the overall order to make  a definitive list, so I made a list of slowest to fastest for each  mouse. If comparing the mouse feet: the Imperator has exceptional fast glide, very slick teflon feet with rounded edges.  TactX and Radon are quite similar, nothing special about the feet on  either mouse and just OK for gaming mice. The LS1 is a cheap mouse and  the quality of the feet is poor (high friction)

Razer Imperator
--- sluggish ---
Ikea Galant desktop

--- average & comfortable ---
Sargas, Ground Level
Mantis Control, Cerro

--- fast & comfortable ---
C1, Talent
Taito

--- very fast ---
Qpad
Exposure (hard surface)
The Roccat Taito is fast and slick, and there is a XL version available. Mionix Alioth is also very fast and slick, I think faster than the Taito but I never got to test them side by side. However the Alioths I had were a big disappointment as they wouldn't lie flat.

If you're not worried about noise or wrist comfort/sweating then the Qpad CT is good, Ozone Exposure is v. good but probably too small.

Zowie's GT-F might be worth considering, as well as the classic Steelseries QCK+ (although I believe the QCK wears quickly) Also, if you've been using a hard pad, consider getting some replacement feet - Razer now sell replacements, and Corepad Skatez are probably worth considering.

Offline killy

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #158 on: Sat, 30 April 2011, 09:44:40 »
You want something with a low coefficient of static friction. Forget teflon and hard mousepads, those will eat your mouse feet and wear away too quickly. Get a cloth mousepad. Mousefeet, PE or teflon, will not matter in that case.

Offline aynjell

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #159 on: Sat, 30 April 2011, 15:34:49 »
tested my func f30r and cut the dead part off of it (only really wore off half of it) and now I have a bit more than half a f30r 17 and it seems to be doing the trick. When this wears out I'll buy another f30.r likely, or possibly I'll try a destructor.

Edit: f30r is only slightly less slick than the voodoo mouse pad I have. (it's a mouse pad I can't even find using google, but it's got voodoo's logo all over it and came with my best friend's voodoo laptop back when the original amd64 laptops came out)

I assume that hte voodoo pad is a rebranded ratzpadz due to it's height, longevity, and surface texture. Either way, it's more precise on the f30r, so I can't imagine the destructor, being 40$ (15$ more than a new f30r) being more precise or better. The F30r is a legitimately good pad for the lachesis, albeit I'm sure some will find it a bit slick. it's a good fit for me, even in it's trimmed state.
« Last Edit: Sun, 01 May 2011, 02:30:11 by aynjell »

Offline brkim1324

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #160 on: Wed, 04 May 2011, 02:43:49 »
I recommend mouse pads from Steelseries. I've been using Steelseries mousepad since... about 5 years? (wow time's fast)
Best for both types of mice. Feels great, great quality, good design. Overall, just awesome.
I used to use those icemate where your mice need the stickers on the bottom.
But perfect cloth mousepad can't go wrong when properly made. I currently use SC2 edition with marines on it, and had no problem with it.

Offline Brodie337

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #161 on: Wed, 04 May 2011, 07:41:25 »
Just bought a Goliathus Speed Extended Edition Mousepad (<- Longest product name in a while). Cloth and MASSIVE. I'm a happy man.

Offline Parabellum

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #162 on: Wed, 04 May 2011, 08:31:01 »
Nothing beats a big, thick and frictiony mat. Had to go back to the Steelseries Heavy because the Mionix Propus 380 got me feeling homesick.

Offline kpeezy

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #163 on: Wed, 04 May 2011, 08:32:07 »
I've been using Supermat mousepads for 6 or 7 years now. I might get something different since my current mousepad is getting old but I doubt it.

Offline phillip

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #164 on: Thu, 05 May 2011, 17:20:17 »
I'm too lazy to see what my last post in this topic was but I went back to a supermat a month or so ago.  Other pads I've got are the X-Trac Ripper, Hammer, Steelseries QCK, QCK+, QCK Heavy, Func F10.S, Artisan Kai.g3 soft, hard, and Zowie P-TF.  I might go back to the qck heavy since it's a little larger than the supermat (I sometimes run out of mousepad when playing cs).
« Last Edit: Fri, 06 May 2011, 08:01:48 by phillip »

Offline HaveANiceDay

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #165 on: Fri, 06 May 2011, 10:16:29 »
How do you like the P-TF in comparison to the QCK? I'm thinking about buying it to replace my 2Y old QCK.
Filco Tenkeyless Brown with beige cherry doubleshots (home)
Realforce 86U (work)
Get you own Phantom NAO!

Offline phillip

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #166 on: Fri, 06 May 2011, 10:42:46 »
It's nicer than the QCK.  Both are too small for my needs though.

Offline Bilbin

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #167 on: Fri, 06 May 2011, 10:48:12 »
PureTrak Talent, excellent mouse pad :)
Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless Blues - Razer Abyssus - PureTrak Talent

Offline Nifesto

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #168 on: Tue, 10 May 2011, 08:26:17 »
i am using Kai G3 Shiden and it's not like Icemat with a sheet of glass , look clearly on it's surface there are countless glass beads so i think they could blow or do something with glass on surface . So it gives a ultra smooth  but you can stop the mouse to aim , very smooth and glide i could say :) . The cost + shipping fees is expensive ( 42$ + 19 $ ) but it's worths every penny  .:)

Offline phillip

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #169 on: Tue, 10 May 2011, 13:00:22 »
Decided to go ahead and order a puretrak talent :D

Offline Mazora

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #170 on: Tue, 10 May 2011, 15:30:10 »
I've been gaming for 3 month with SS Xai + 9HD and I'm about to go back to MX510 + XTRACK clothe pad... back to basics
HHKB Pro 2: black case white keys
Filco Masjestouch v2 / MX-Reds / hard lending pads /Dye-sub keycaps
RF-87UW

Offline Arc'xer

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #171 on: Tue, 10 May 2011, 15:49:31 »
Quote from: Mazora;344569
I've been gaming for 3 month with SS Xai + 9HD and I'm about to go back to MX510 + XTRACK clothe pad... back to basics

Basics? of what? Your still using a mouse and a mousepad.

Your going to downgrade from a superior mouse to a mouse which maybe if you said MX500(ADNS-A2020 like the MX300) I might have been like well "okay". If your just wanting to go back to cloth then go back to cloth. Ignore the people who say the xai can't be used on cloth, it can maybe not at 100% like on hard pads but certainly more then enough tracking capacity. Unless your a palm grip user and you don't like the xai for the fact it's not enough palm grip for your use.

If it's because you've been using 800DPI the entire time with the 510. Then set the Xai to 810DPI(Xai works on 90DPI stepping) and fix your sensitivity for the extra 10DPI if you like to(Sensitivity * DPI/newDPI)(ex: 2.25*800/810 = 2.222222222222222).

Offline Mazora

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #172 on: Tue, 10 May 2011, 16:28:10 »
I know the specs ! But, thx for the idea of using the Xai on the cloth pad.

I'll play for 3 months with it and compare my accuracies, and rank (quake live). We'll see. I wont sell SS combo

Quote from: Arc'xer;344575
Basics? of what? Your still using a mouse and a mousepad.

Your going to downgrade from a superior mouse to a mouse which maybe if you said MX500(ADNS-A2020 like the MX300) I might have been like well "okay". If your just wanting to go back to cloth then go back to cloth. Ignore the people who say the xai can't be used on cloth, it can maybe not at 100% like on hard pads but certainly more then enough tracking capacity. Unless your a palm grip user and you don't like the xai for the fact it's not enough palm grip for your use.

If it's because you've been using 800DPI the entire time with the 510. Then set the Xai to 810DPI(Xai works on 90DPI stepping) and fix your sensitivity for the extra 10DPI if you like to(Sensitivity * DPI/newDPI)(ex: 2.25*800/810 = 2.222222222222222).
RF-87UW

Offline Bilbin

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #173 on: Wed, 11 May 2011, 08:01:26 »
There's far too many variables in 3 months of Quake Live play compared to another 3 months of Quake Life play to prove literally anything.

Also grats on the PureTrak Talent purchase, phillip. I'm sure you'll love it. With hyperglides it's the best glide on a cloth pad, though I personally use it with perfectglides as I like some friction.

From what I've heard about the pad, out of all the pads (QCK+, Goliathus) it lasts the longest.
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 May 2011, 08:05:58 by Bilbin »
Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless Blues - Razer Abyssus - PureTrak Talent

Offline phillip

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #174 on: Wed, 11 May 2011, 11:14:22 »
Thanks. I'm sure I'll like it as well.  I'll probably leave the stock feet on my ec2 though :)

If I still end up running off the side of the pad I'll just buy a stupid ripper xxl or something lol.

Offline curzen

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #175 on: Wed, 11 May 2011, 19:43:21 »
I think I'll order a ratpadz soonish
[ KBC Poker ]

Offline Brodie337

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #176 on: Wed, 11 May 2011, 21:32:09 »
I've got a Razer Goliathus Speed Extended Super OMG WTF BBQ LOLZORS Edition, and its not half bad. It's a big mutha, and slippery as hell. Probably the slickest cloth pad I've ever used. The G700 tracks beautifully, but it absolutely dwarfs my tenkeyless Filco.

Offline Scarzy

• http://enecutive.blogspot.com/
Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #177 on: Thu, 12 May 2011, 07:15:07 »
Tried the Puretrak Talent (Still using it now, nearly two years old!) Razer Mantis Speed, and Steelseries QCK+.

Out of all of these, I can confidently say that I prefer the Puretrak Talent, the pad hasn't worn too badly, and apart from the coffee stains and the general dirt on the pad, I still manage to track well in most of the games that I play.

The next pad I want to try and will probably switch to is the Xtrac Hybrid, mainly because I'm interested in the surface. If that doesn't go too well, and im still playing games, I'll switch back to the Puretrak Talent, but I dont want to replace it just yet. I do ~400*c over my mousepad.

Offline jamesblunt2000

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #178 on: Mon, 16 May 2011, 06:24:33 »
that gooooood..........

Offline curzen

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #179 on: Thu, 26 May 2011, 21:58:26 »
got a ratpadz today. very nice so far. now I just need to decide on a new mouse.
[ KBC Poker ]

Offline silat

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #180 on: Sun, 29 May 2011, 04:49:13 »
Fat Mat from Xtrac.
Fighting the Christian American Taliban daily with my Deck Legend loaded with Cherry MX Clears //
Deck Legend Ice Clears // Deck Legend Frost Clears // Ducky Shining Purple Browns//QPAD MK85 Browns //

Offline looserboy

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #181 on: Sun, 29 May 2011, 20:46:49 »
roccat taito (i love it)
steelseries 5L

i prefer the roccat taito, not expensive, very good quality. mousefeet wont worn out in years. best thing could ever happen to my wallet.

Cherry: G80 MX11900blacks  - G80 MX1800 blacks - G80 MX1502 blacks all cards  - G81 MY 8005 ins. cards - G81 MY 3000 modded to 20g (HowTo)
NMB SPACEINVADER white
Noppo: Choc Pro browns  - Choc Mini reds
IBM: Model F IBM: Model M SSK IBM: Model M

Offline Bucky

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #182 on: Sun, 29 May 2011, 20:53:58 »
I just got a Steelseries QcK Mass and so far I like it. I came from a random crappy mouse pad, so not much to compare, but I think it is doing a good job.

Offline Mazora

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #183 on: Mon, 30 May 2011, 09:21:52 »
did you have the chance to compare the 5L to the 9HD ? I'm using the 9HD at the moment with the Xai but I would need a larger mousepad...

Quote from: looserboy;352973
roccat taito (i love it)
steelseries 5L

i prefer the roccat taito, not expensive, very good quality. mousefeet wont worn out in years. best thing could ever happen to my wallet.
RF-87UW

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #184 on: Wed, 01 June 2011, 21:03:33 »
Gonna pick me up one of these:

Can't wait to see if the "Anti-Fray Edge" really does what it says. And I love huge mouse pads :)

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #185 on: Mon, 06 June 2011, 15:25:07 »
Just switched back to my ancient 5L from a QcK Heavy. Turns out it just can't beat the 5L.
It is getting rather old now though so it needs a replacement, problem is I can't find it anywhere. How do the 5C and 9HD series pads compare to the 5L? Are there any other brands that have pads similar to the 5L?

Offline Wallach

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #186 on: Tue, 07 June 2011, 01:28:19 »
Quote from: Bucky;352974
I just got a Steelseries QcK Mass and so far I like it. I came from a random crappy mouse pad, so not much to compare, but I think it is doing a good job.

This is my favorite pad. Part of the reason for that is my mouse is on the same pull-out drawer as my keyboard, and the drawer has a lip on the wrist edge that is literally the exact same height as the Mass.

Offline Mazora

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #187 on: Tue, 07 June 2011, 09:20:22 »
I too am looking for the 5L. At the moment, I use Xai + 9HD, but this mousepad is too small for my needs (low sens + low accel). What I've read on the web is that the 9HD is of better quality compared to the 5L, but that I cannot confirm. If you find a 5L, let me know...

I'm still looking

Quote from: vun;356390
Just switched back to my ancient 5L from a QcK Heavy. Turns out it just can't beat the 5L.
It is getting rather old now though so it needs a replacement, problem is I can't find it anywhere. How do the 5C and 9HD series pads compare to the 5L? Are there any other brands that have pads similar to the 5L?
RF-87UW

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #188 on: Tue, 07 June 2011, 10:18:24 »
While looking for a 5L I read that the quality of SteelSeries pads have been going down the past few years. Can probably find the source if you're interested.

Offline Mazora

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #189 on: Tue, 07 June 2011, 14:44:09 »
I honestly think this refers to the clothes pads, not the plastic one like the 9HD. I dont know about the 5L but i've seen pics where the borders are getting frayed quite a bit. That wont happen to the 9HD the way it seems to be built (100% plastic ?)
RF-87UW

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #190 on: Tue, 07 June 2011, 15:20:26 »
My 5L does have fraying borders, but it's not really a lot for 5+ years of constant use and it's not really an issue. What's bothering me is that the surface is pretty worn and torn by now, and I'd like a similarly feeling pad.
There is a 5C easily available with some weird Lich King graphic on it, but I'm not sure if I should buy or not as I have no idea as to the difference between the two.

Offline Haes

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #191 on: Wed, 15 June 2011, 03:46:08 »
I have a Razer ExactMat (aluminium) with ExactRest, Razer Destructor and Zowie TF-P Medium. Both Razer mousepads came with a bag.
All are good, but the Razer will worn pretty quickly.
Daily Driver: Filco Majestouch 2 (MX Blue) with Cherry ABS Doubleshots | Future Gaming Driver: Filco Majestouch 2 (MX Red) with Cherry ABS Doubleshots | Favorite Switches: Cherry MX Blue > Cherry MX Red  > Cherry MX Ergo Clears > Cherry MX Black > Cherry MX Brown | Interessting in: Topre Realforce , Noppoo Choc Mini & KBC Poker[/COLOR]

Offline Aseral

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #192 on: Wed, 15 June 2011, 05:39:22 »
Yes, my Razer Destructor got small dots everywhere which ****s up the mice movement and feels anoying. That happened in less than 1 year of use.

Offline posthaste

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #193 on: Wed, 15 June 2011, 07:29:16 »
I'm too lazy to read the whole thread, but has anyone mentioned CS Hyde's C4 Ngen mousepads?  This is THE BEST super slick mousing surface I've found, and, in addition to mousepads, they also sell it in a sheet form so you can cut it to fit on top of your current pad (if you want).

http://www.cshyde.com/c4web/C4Ngen.htm
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 June 2011, 10:03:52 by posthaste »

Offline Mazora

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #194 on: Wed, 15 June 2011, 08:48:04 »
is that a plastic or clothe pad?
RF-87UW

Offline Mazora

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #195 on: Wed, 15 June 2011, 09:38:18 »
This is awesome, tks so much for posting this. I'm using the Xai and 9HD mousepad at the moment and I can't stand the small size of the 9HD...

Ordered :
C4-NGen04 Monster
Isopropyl Alcohol Wipes
20-PK Extended-Life PTFE Mouse discs

...and I can't wait !!

Quote from: posthaste;361027
I'm too lazy to read the whole thread, but has anyone mentioned CS Hyde's C4 Ngen mousepads?  This is THE BEST super slick mousing surface I've found, and they sell it in a sheet form so you can cut it to fit on top of your current pad (if you want).

http://www.cshyde.com/c4web/C4Ngen.htm
RF-87UW

Offline phillip

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #196 on: Wed, 15 June 2011, 11:07:36 »
they don't have one big enough for me.

Offline posthaste

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #197 on: Wed, 15 June 2011, 11:42:04 »
Quote from: phillip;361152
they don't have one big enough for me.

This one is large enough to double as a picnic blanket:

Item Name: C4-NGen04 GIANT
Item Number: C4-NGen Pad 20" x 36"

Seriously, this PTFE material in sheet form is the cat's meow!  

I've been using it for years and it is awesome... Mazora is in for a treat.

Offline phillip

Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #198 on: Wed, 15 June 2011, 19:13:29 »
oh i didn't see that.  maybe i'll try it later.

Offline Ghostpixel

• I <3 Topre!
    • Elliot Ghost Photography
Gaming mousepads!
« Reply #199 on: Wed, 15 June 2011, 21:21:40 »
I have mostly used Surface 1030 mats for the last 7 years or so (last one was a model called 1030 archetype that was twice as good as the normal ones!), but now im using a Qpad heaton XXL thats the best ive used so far. Comes in smaller sizes too if you want. Only drawback is that i have to have heatons name on it. I have always been a quake player, so cs is the enemy game ;) Then i have a large, thick steelseries cloth mat thats good for putting the keyboard on and not much else ^^.
REALFORCE 88UB / APPLE AEKII [mod.] / MX REVOLUTION / QPAD HEATON XXL