Author Topic: What's your favorite pointing device?  (Read 92601 times)

Offline keyboardlover

• Hey Paul Walker, Click It or Ticket!
    • http://www.keyboardlover.com
What's your favorite pointing device?
« Reply #350 on: Sun, 23 January 2011, 12:15:59 »
Tasty too!

Offline WaffleIron

« Reply #351 on: Sun, 23 January 2011, 15:10:20 »
My favorite mouse by far for both desktop and laptop:

Razer Orochi

Also digging my Wacom Intuos 3.

Offline aynjell

« Reply #352 on: Mon, 24 January 2011, 04:49:25 »
Quote from: tash;283074
middle finger?
on a touchpad or a touchscreen?

I think he means that... not unlike a 9 year old unaware of it's terrible meaning in US culture, uses his middle finger to actually point at things. We'll wait until he's older, or pissed somebody off, to correct him because we don't want him to know the reason why it's wrong.

Not unlike that 9 year old, I can only imagine he'd use that knowledge for evil.
Das Keyboard Professional -mx blue- @ Work
Das Keyboard S Ultimate Silent -mx brown- @ Home

Do not fart in the same room as a dark brother or sister, to do so is to invoke the wrath of Sithis...

Offline Zensuji

« Reply #353 on: Fri, 28 January 2011, 07:19:46 »
Quote from: aynjell;281759
The 3.5g sensor if I understand it is magnitudes better than the 3G. Unless they changed the shape they didn't break anything.

The 3.5g sensor is very poor in comparison to the 3g sensor (look it up on any forum....ESR for example). Jitters, acceleration on cloth pads where the 3g was near perfect. All because casual gamers think super high dpi = better.

Probably passable for high sensitivity players though. But truly a broken mouse for me. :)
« Last Edit: Fri, 28 January 2011, 07:30:30 by Zensuji »

Offline aynjell

« Reply #354 on: Fri, 28 January 2011, 14:20:14 »
Quote from: Zensuji;286188
The 3.5g sensor is very poor in comparison to the 3g sensor (look it up on any forum....ESR for example). Jitters, acceleration on cloth pads where the 3g was near perfect. All because casual gamers think super high dpi = better.

Probably passable for high sensitivity players though. But truly a broken mouse for me. :)

Actually, krakoff described it as being the other way aruond, speaking poorly of the 3g sensor for the same reasons.

Do not fart in the same room as a dark brother or sister, to do so is to invoke the wrath of Sithis...

Offline mattlach

« Reply #355 on: Fri, 28 January 2011, 14:50:36 »
The mouse I have the fondest memories of was my first mouse.

Mouse on left below:

I don't recall mine being labeled Genius, but it might have been.   It's been about 20 years...

These days my favorite is my Logitech G500 mouse.   The shape and feel are perfect for me.

I have never been able to use alternative pointing devices effectively.   Trackballs, touch pads, trackpoint joysticks, etc, None of them work for me.  It has to be a mouse.
« Last Edit: Fri, 28 January 2011, 15:56:48 by mattlach »
IBM Beamspring > IBM Model F > IBM Model M > All Cherry MX, Alps and Topre > Rubber Dome & Scissor Switches.

Offline Arc'xer

« Reply #356 on: Fri, 28 January 2011, 18:15:30 »
Quote from: Zensuji;286188

3.5g sensor issues can be fixed with a firmware update. But with the abyssus it's not possible due to not having the SROM memory chip to flash the mouse.

And I'm sure with the open-source version of the S3888; the ADNS-3090 avago probably fixed the issues.

Offline aynjell

« Reply #357 on: Fri, 28 January 2011, 19:11:53 »
Quote from: Arc'xer;286610
3.5g sensor issues can be fixed with a firmware update. But with the abyssus it's not possible due to not having the SROM memory chip to flash the mouse.

And I'm sure with the open-source version of the S3888; the ADNS-3090 avago probably fixed the issues.

I really like the performance in the Lachesis.

Offline Zensuji

« Reply #358 on: Sat, 29 January 2011, 12:00:53 »
Quote from: aynjell;286455
Actually, krakoff described it as being the other way aruond, speaking poorly of the 3g sensor for the same reasons.

The CEO of Razer said it was better?!?!??!!? it must be then ;)

edit:  @ Arc'xer yeah I updated them both with lastest firmware and still had small staircasing on cloth pads which I want to use. After doing a little searching on ESR loads of others were still having the same problem so they were RMA'd. From my understanding it works near perfect now on most hard mats which I'm not a fan of.
« Last Edit: Sat, 29 January 2011, 12:11:38 by Zensuji »

Offline Zensuji

« Reply #359 on: Sat, 29 January 2011, 12:35:16 »
Quote from: aynjell;286455

Well he's the CEO of Razer so of course he's going to say the newer model is better. :p

Quote from: Arc'xer;286610
3.5g sensor issues can be fixed with a firmware update..

I still got no joy from the latest firmware. Had a quick look on a few forums and many were still having the same problems on cloth pads. Out of the box it was unusable, with the latest update it was OK but I was still getting small staircasing like many others on ESR. I understand it works near flawless on hard pads but I'm a man of the cloth. :)

Offline jbluzb

« Reply #360 on: Thu, 01 December 2011, 16:24:36 »
I am using the logitech wireless mouse when travelling. Really convinient and reliable. I droped this mouse so many times and it is still working fine.

Offline tapk69

« Reply #361 on: Fri, 02 December 2011, 09:56:11 »
any gaming logitech mouse is good , i have an old G5 (works like new with 5+ years) , will probably upgrade to a G500 or a R.A.T.7 ...

For gaming i have no doubt Logitech is the best , but depends on each person and the use they give it

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: What's your favorite pointing device?
« Reply #362 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 12:16:32 »
I'm very partial to my Logitech G700s, I'm not sure where to go from here. I'm sure by the time I need another mouse logitech will have a newer (hopefully improved) version out.

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #363 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 12:17:50 »
I'm very partial to my Logitech G700s, I'm not sure where to go from here. I'm sure by the time I need another mouse logitech will have a newer (hopefully improved) version out.

we both know you weren't posting here just to tell us about your mouse... :))
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
  • on Buckling Springs since '88
    • http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com
« Reply #364 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 11:48:05 »
I've just seen this thread, and even though it was started in 2007, I still have to say that the dark gray Logitech Trackman in the original post is my #1 favorite.  If I knew they'd be very hard to find later (like the IBM Ms I love), I would have got a lot more of them.

Offline LarsMarkelson

« Reply #365 on: Tue, 28 April 2015, 19:09:33 »
It would be: Zowie FK with G302 clicks. I loved loved loved my Zowie FK during the time I used it, but the clicks were too hard and may have injured my finger, heh heh. Amazing shape and feel though for a claw grip user.

Offline jukaduke1184

« Reply #366 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 21:37:37 »
I'm a fan of the Logitech G700s (current mouse). The graphics are kind of cheesy, but it gets the job done and no problems.