Author Topic: Razer Orochi gets broken down to be rebuilt the right way  (Read 3772 times)

Offline thp777

Razer Orochi gets broken down to be rebuilt the right way
« on: Thu, 29 January 2015, 17:34:49 »
Got bored at work waiting on something to do and my AA batteries died in my razer orochi. I figured WTH i got parts in my toolbox time to take it apart. 1 LIPO cell, a charging board, 4 micro deans, 6 inches of wire and an hour later i had this. tapped into existing micro usb port for charging so it retains the ability to be both bluetooth and wired USB mouse. everything looks normal from outside.

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
Re: Razer Orochi gets broken down to be rebuilt the right way
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 00:24:18 »
lol niceeeeee, one of the things that I find odd with this mouse is no chargeable battery.

But this fixes that problem nicely, good job !

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 25 February 2015, 08:36:27 »
Great mod!

Should be a bit lighter than stock now, too :D
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline Coreda

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 25 February 2015, 08:43:55 »
Wasn't familiar with the Orochi before this topic, very neat hack. Odd choice for Razer to not charge the batteries when using the wired mode, but other mice are likely at fault of this too.

Offline saturnotaku

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 25 February 2015, 13:54:01 »
Wasn't familiar with the Orochi before this topic, very neat hack. Odd choice for Razer to not charge the batteries when using the wired mode, but other mice are likely at fault of this too.

I think the Orochi was designed to be more of a wired mouse with Bluetooth functionality thrown in as a convenience that's not meant to be used full time.