Author Topic: [IC] Alps Party Massif: TK + TKL  (Read 93450 times)

Offline alh84001

Re: [IC] Alps Party Massif: TK + TKL
« Reply #100 on: Sun, 15 May 2016, 04:50:27 »
Well, count me interested too. TKL alps has been a long time coming.

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #101 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 00:32:01 »
Because of my regular work, second consulting gig, and devotion to sleeping late, I didn't get as much done as I had hoped.  Here is an incremental update:

1) The TKL is coming together.  I've got the basics organized on the PCB-layout-kicad-magic-box into something which resembles a keyboard.  This took more time than I thought, because making wiring from scratch when every single pin on the ATMega is being used without a stupid number of vias is a pain. 

I have the coordinates for all of the holes from Moz's open source TKL layout, and I have begun translating those to the coordinates being used on this board (thanks kicad for putting [0,0] in a corner of the page rather than the corner of the usable area).  As such, I can say with some confidence that I expect this board to be compatible with most extant aftermarket TKL cases. 

2) I have filled out the paperwork to have an LLC created.  I now have my own company.  Why is this important?  There have been instances where GB leaders have disappeared with people's money.  They have even done it after they have had successful previous buys to build confidence.  The LLC will give a measure of accountability to this by making sure that my info for the hole you throw your money into is available to the feds.  That way, if I ever disappear without word while holding your money, you can associate it with the headline "Man Found Impaled by Soldering Iron after Falling Down Stairs: Cat survived by consuming victim's face, water bottle unharmed."

3) Oh god, the sleeping pills are kicking in.

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #102 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 01:02:50 »
Love reading your updates.

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #103 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 10:09:45 »

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
    • Bishop Computer Design web
« Reply #104 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 10:26:07 »
Because of my regular work, second consulting gig, and devotion to sleeping late, I didn't get as much done as I had hoped.  Here is an incremental update:

1) The TKL is coming together.  I've got the basics organized on the PCB-layout-kicad-magic-box into something which resembles a keyboard.  This took more time than I thought, because making wiring from scratch when every single pin on the ATMega is being used without a stupid number of vias is a pain. 

Show Image

I have the coordinates for all of the holes from Moz's open source TKL layout, and I have begun translating those to the coordinates being used on this board (thanks kicad for putting [0,0] in a corner of the page rather than the corner of the usable area).  As such, I can say with some confidence that I expect this board to be compatible with most extant aftermarket TKL cases. 

2) I have filled out the paperwork to have an LLC created.  I now have my own company.  Why is this important?  There have been instances where GB leaders have disappeared with people's money.  They have even done it after they have had successful previous buys to build confidence.  The LLC will give a measure of accountability to this by making sure that my info for the hole you throw your money into is available to the feds.  That way, if I ever disappear without word while holding your money, you can associate it with the headline "Man Found Impaled by Soldering Iron after Falling Down Stairs: Cat survived by consuming victim's face, water bottle unharmed."

looking good man
Projects
Build to give back, 40% | Alps/Matias Removal ToolUltraHack 67% Hackdura  | ErgoDox case

Offline infodroid

« Reply #105 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 13:57:34 »
Looks like Ducky got to the Calculator/Numpad idea

https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/4jkbfn/news_ducky_pocket_mechanical_numpad_calculator/

At least they didn't get there first! The ALPSulator came out 5 years ago I believe.

Damn I'm getting old.
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 May 2016, 14:00:52 by infodroid »

Offline joey

« Reply #106 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 14:06:11 »
You really should update your KiCAD version..

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #107 on: Tue, 17 May 2016, 14:35:35 »
You really should update your KiCAD version..

I intend to, however my KiCAD drawings for my PhD were done in the old version.  I tried upgrading, but that broke the drawings to the point that they were unusable.  Once I finish my degree, I will probably feel better about converting. 

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #108 on: Fri, 20 May 2016, 17:07:09 »
Show Image

Hasu's PCB doesn't support this, but I really want this ISO layout possible.

Correct, the ISO AEKII isn't supported by hasu's current version.  I'll see if it is feasible for my design.
Good to hear you'll consider it  :)

That would be a life saver to many of us especially in EU, where the US version is really hard to get hold of. However ISO is in abundance here.

Dear AEKII ISO users,

It turns out that there is a reason no one has made a compatible board for this layout.  It is butt**** crazy.  Nearly everything has to be shifted to get it to work.

Observe this figure I made.  This is a comparison of the Dell ISO layout and the AEKII ISO layout.  You can see all of the differences between the colors here.  This means that in order to enable this compatibility, the entire board has to be doubled up.  I would have to put down a new set of switches for everything.  With the plate wiring, this means that pins will start to over lap and the wiring gets complicated.

But guess what.  I DID IT ANYWAY!  It was very painful, but with a few tricks and pin swaps, I think I have something which will work.  For you technically minded folks, here is a zoom in of some of the things going on near the LCTRL key.  You can see how the switches labeled with the _i1 suffix have been twisted and/or flipped around so that the pins overlap with pins of the same trace.

Did I mention it was painful?  It has taken me a total of 9 hours just to do that conversion.  Needless to say, I'm a little grumpy.  So as punishment for the work that went into making this happen for all those little ISO weirdos, I will now officially refer to all Europeans as "French" regardless of their nationality.  I suspect this should cause an equivalent amount of pain in those who would benefit from this change as the pain inflicted on me to create it.

Love, BN

P.S.

In other news, did you know that I am an idiot?  I ordered parts for the Dom prototype from Mouser ages ago.  I went to assemble it, and I found that I had forgotten to order caps and resistors.  The good news is that all of the most difficult parts to solder by hand are on.  Seriously, I hate SOT-23's.  Also, my advisor let me steal some of his SMD parts to finish out the build.  So I have everything but the 33uF caps, which are not necessary to determine if the thing works.  The bad thing is that I have noticed a few things I need to change.  First, I accidentally forgot to change the 0803 default pad layouts to the correct Panasonic style pads I will be using for the larger capacitors (1uF and 33uF).  Second, I discovered that the USB Micro connector I got was ball joint SMD.  I'm not convinced this is hardy enough for some of the **** you lot put your boards through.  I will probably end up switching to something which is partially through hole. 

Things are still trucking forward.  I'm getting things done while my real work in lab is running in the background.  These boards will be glorious.  I'm excited and you should be too.
« Last Edit: Fri, 20 May 2016, 17:11:07 by BlueNalgene »

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
« Reply #109 on: Fri, 20 May 2016, 17:20:59 »
oh god that does look like insanity. how do the plate holes work for that? just a big slot? or is it one of those. one plate for this one plate for that sort of thing?
Projects
Build to give back, 40% | Alps/Matias Removal ToolUltraHack 67% Hackdura  | ErgoDox case

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #110 on: Fri, 20 May 2016, 17:23:45 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 15:09:55 by alienman82 »

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
« Reply #111 on: Fri, 20 May 2016, 17:24:28 »
oh god that does look like insanity. how do the plate holes work for that? just a big slot? or is it one of those. one plate for this one plate for that sort of thing?

Every alps switch layout needs its own plate

sounds special ... i like it :D
Projects

Offline need

« Reply #112 on: Sat, 21 May 2016, 11:10:33 »
Great work BN, I'm really excited that you've found a solution for us weirdos in the EU.
Finally I can get some real use out of the gorgeous kepcaps on my ISO AEKIIs...!

Some questions:
137651-0
Are both of those sets of pins for the AEKII ISO (Shift key area)? It looks like it when I compare it to the plates comparison figure.

Also, those overlapping plated through holes are essentially bigger holes ?

Thank you so much for taking a step further based on our requests, and I apologize for the pain you've been through. :(

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #113 on: Sat, 21 May 2016, 15:17:36 »

Users will pick which layout they will be using and purchase the correct plate layout.  A single plate with full compatibility like the PCB doesn't work due to how the alps grips the plate to function.

Great work BN, I'm really excited that you've found a solution for us weirdos in the EU.
Finally I can get some real use out of the gorgeous kepcaps on my ISO AEKIIs...!

Some questions:
(Attachment Link)
Are both of those sets of pins for the AEKII ISO (Shift key area)? It looks like it when I compare it to the plates comparison figure.

Also, those overlapping plated through holes are essentially bigger holes ?

Thank you so much for taking a step further based on our requests, and I apologize for the pain you've been through. :(

Happy to satisfy your request, monsieur.

For the yellow circle question: Yes, both of those are for the AEKII ISO.  I suspect there are different variants people use.  This layout from an unknown author reports that the LSHIFT has a 1.25u width, whereas this layout from Yoe uses 1.5u for both LSHIFT and LCTRL.  I'm not sure what people will end up using, but this will be compatible.  The sw_94 in that picture will make programming a bit more confusing, but it was much more complicated to insert that elsewhere.  I think you Frenchies will figure it out.

For the white circle question: Yes, these will be larger slots.  I need to email the AdvancedPCB people to figure out what notation they prefer for this, since I have never done the overlapping slots before.

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #114 on: Sat, 21 May 2016, 15:22:41 »

Or are you just stepping up the elaborateness for a next level scam?

No worries, i already have stalked your residence and other places you frequent, so I have geekhack covered in this respect.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #115 on: Sat, 21 May 2016, 16:20:49 »
I would buy a Dom, colour me interested.  :thumb:
oh yeah I saw that crazy **** if that doesn't win I'm deleting my account

/ orthodox - 78g zealios / alps64 - mtsc / sentraq s-60x rgb - gat blues / let's split - 67g zealios / let's split - 67g zealios /

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #116 on: Tue, 24 May 2016, 17:01:56 »
Updates:

I finished soldering everything required onto the Dom prototype.  Yay!  I tested it by plugging in the USB micro cable from my computer, and the connector was a little stiff.  I held my finger on the receptacle and gave it some firm pressure, and the thing ripped the pads and some of the GND plane off of the prototype board.  So that is trash now.  I chucked the receptacle with bits of PCB still dangling from it in a moment of frustration, and I think it went somewhere behind my computer.  I can't find it now.  I will send my cat hunting for it.

Needless to say, these projects will now not be using that connector.  If you want an example of the receptacle I used, you can look up the USB Micro B on Sparkfun.  I used the same model.  Steer clear of it.  With a little research on what is available, I think I'm going to revert my design to the semi-depreciated USB Mini B.  The parts I have looked at have much sturdier through-hole pins.  Hopefully this issue won't happen again.

The Rosa layout is complete.  There is currently support for Dell and AEKII ANSI and ISO models, and I have added support for a hacker-esque bottom row, and an infinity split right shift.

And now that it is complete, I think I'm going to scrap the whole thing.  I'm not happy with it.  There are some more features I want to add, but it just isn't happening with the current mega32u2.  As such, I'm going to start over again, forking this project into one which utilizes the mega32u4.  This will have multiple advantages for my design.  I want to add a split spacebar option and full numpad support (similar to the Phantom PCB).  I'm thinking Teensy support would be nice too. 

So anyways, I'm going to go redo the matrix.  I'll be back later hopefully with something even more awesome.

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #117 on: Tue, 24 May 2016, 17:53:47 »

Offline dante

« Reply #118 on: Tue, 24 May 2016, 19:47:42 »
Updates:

Needless to say, these projects will now not be using that connector.  If you want an example of the receptacle I used, you can look up the USB Micro B on Sparkfun.  I used the same model.  Steer clear of it.  With a little research on what is available, I think I'm going to revert my design to the semi-depreciated USB Mini B.  The parts I have looked at have much sturdier through-hole pins.  Hopefully this issue won't happen again.

BlueNalgene I am going to recommend something ... but it is going to involve epic butthurt - especially since this is a custom job.

In fact I need to point this out in a photo:

I've not yet seen a custom keyboard do this but what about a hardwired (non-detachable) option?

oh boy oh boy oh boy!  Can you hear the butthurt?  I sure can!

But seriously... making a hardwired version just means it should theoretically last much longer than detachable.

I know legions will chime "but I need to use this 'My Little Pony' cable!"  Whatevr.
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 May 2016, 19:54:58 by dante »

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #119 on: Tue, 24 May 2016, 19:54:42 »
I understand the reasoning for hardwired but people usually prefer detachable for a reason - it is much easier to carry around and transport. I hate hardwired boards because I have to worry about damaging the cable while transporting it.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline need

« Reply #120 on: Tue, 24 May 2016, 19:57:14 »
After adapting to a split spacebar keyboard, there's no turn around...
It's so good! Thanks for adding this option, it's definitely a huge thing to add.

Cable routed underneath the case is my favorite, it's the best of both worlds.
It's safe and secure, while being detachable.
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 May 2016, 20:01:48 by need »

Offline dante

« Reply #121 on: Tue, 24 May 2016, 19:57:59 »
I understand the reasoning for hardwired but people usually prefer detachable for a reason - it is much easier to carry around and transport. I hate hardwired boards because I have to worry about damaging the cable while transporting it.

In the five or so years I've been on GeekHack I've heard of maybe 1 or 2 people damaging their hardwired cable; meanwhile there is usually several people per week either here, DT, Rededit, MD, etc that have damaged detachable hubs.

Swapping in a new cable is infinitely less pain in the ass than soldering on a new hub.

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #122 on: Tue, 24 May 2016, 23:48:59 »

In the five or so years I've been on GeekHack I've heard of maybe 1 or 2 people damaging their hardwired cable; meanwhile there is usually several people per week either here, DT, Rededit, MD, etc that have damaged detachable hubs.

Swapping in a new cable is infinitely less pain in the ass than soldering on a new hub.

I actually tried doing a hardwired mod on my Model M.  Making that change to the design would actually cause a lot less headache and butthurt on my part.  But there are some disadvantages as well.  Hardwired is a lot more difficult for transport, as others have mentioned.  I'm not a fan of it because I think you can risk damaging the PCB with it.  The failure point of the little hub is actually a good thing in this case.  My trouble with the one I was using was more that it was ball mount instead of through-hole or even SMD.  Additionally, the use of a hardwired USB cable is the case problem.  In order for the wire to work well and look good, it should have a rubbery/glued gasket for the wire.  That would create compatibility issues with the folks who want to use sandwich style cases-forcing them to use something I design. 

Thanks for the suggestion though.  What I can do is make sure to label the through holes with D+, D-, Vcc, GND so that if someone wants to hardwire they can do a quick and easy mod on theirs.  The holes there are 0.90 mm if I remember correctly, so it would be pretty simple to thread a stripped USB wire in there and then use the GNDcase drill holes for the wire bulkheads (maybe a thin strip of stainless)

Offline db268

« Reply #123 on: Wed, 25 May 2016, 03:41:24 »
I'm up for a tenkey pad for sure!

Offline dante

« Reply #124 on: Wed, 25 May 2016, 08:35:17 »
I actually tried doing a hardwired mod on my Model M.

While I've heard of detachable cable issues on the Model M before these are extremely rare.

If the detachable USB application were just as robust I would complain a lot less.

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #125 on: Wed, 25 May 2016, 09:18:17 »
I actually tried doing a hardwired mod on my Model M.

While I've heard of detachable cable issues on the Model M before these are extremely rare.

If the detachable USB application were just as robust I would complain a lot less.

I didn't have any breaking issues on the Model M.  I just did it for a bit, didn't like it, and switched back.

I thought about doing the milspec USB option for the keyboard, but each part for the board cost $11 vs. $1.50 for the regular through hole.

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #126 on: Wed, 25 May 2016, 14:59:20 »
Very much in for this. At least for a tenkey, which I've wanted for an age, but possibly for a TKL as well.

TBH I skipped to the end of the thread, but some sort of interlockability for the TKL and the TK would be great. Some sort of grooves or even magnets to hold them together, preferably on either side :)
Needn't be a firm hold, I don't need to lift them both just by holding the TK, but something that makes them fit together even if I bump into the table :)

Offline StormyMonday

« Reply #127 on: Wed, 25 May 2016, 16:31:42 »
Updates:

... I want to add a split spacebar option and ...

My nipples explode with delight!   :p

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #128 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 22:01:57 »
Well kids, let's try this on for size:

Current compatibility list:

AEKII ISO
AEKII ANSI
Dell ISO
Dell ANSI
Infinity
HHKB
JIS
ABNT 2
probably some others which have not been requested
Split spacebar with 2u, 2.25u, 2.75u mix and match options.
Numpad/arrowpad replacement

To do:
Stepped caps lock
BAE layout
ZKB layout?

Current features:
SMT/through hole diode options
ATmega32u4 power
Teensy 2.0 support (to replace ATmega32u4 for a barebones PCB option)
SMK Alps

To Do features:
screw holes for all extant cases
LED support
bluetooth support?
on board diode reminder schematic

So now take a look at that thing, and see if your layout of choice matches up.  These things are still untested.  So please let me know if you see errors.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #129 on: Thu, 26 May 2016, 22:28:29 »
Well kids, let's try this on for size:

Show Image

Current compatibility list:

AEKII ISO
AEKII ANSI
Dell ISO
Dell ANSI
Infinity
HHKB
JIS
ABNT 2
probably some others which have not been requested
Split spacebar with 2u, 2.25u, 2.75u mix and match options.
Numpad/arrowpad replacement

To do:
Stepped caps lock
BAE layout
ZKB layout?

Current features:
SMT/through hole diode options
ATmega32u4 power
Teensy 2.0 support (to replace ATmega32u4 for a barebones PCB option)
SMK Alps

To Do features:
screw holes for all extant cases
LED support
bluetooth support?
on board diode reminder schematic

So now take a look at that thing, and see if your layout of choice matches up.  These things are still untested.  So please let me know if you see errors.

Will it work for AT101  (bottom row 1.5, 1u, 1.5, 7u spacebar, 1.5, 1u, 1.5)?
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #130 on: Fri, 27 May 2016, 00:25:20 »
If you actually get this into production I will be buying several... At least one SMK kit and at least two Alps kits.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #131 on: Fri, 27 May 2016, 05:47:23 »
Might be getting ahead of things here, but what case options other than possibly the Phantom are currently available?

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
« Reply #132 on: Fri, 27 May 2016, 09:46:32 »
looking really sweet!  :thumb:
Projects

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #133 on: Fri, 27 May 2016, 17:19:58 »
Will it work for AT101  (bottom row 1.5, 1u, 1.5, 7u spacebar, 1.5, 1u, 1.5)?

Yes

Might be getting ahead of things here, but what case options other than possibly the Phantom are currently available?

Designing a case is on my short list of things to do.  I'm not sure if it is economically viable.  However, I intend this to be used with several different cases.  Everything is untested of course, but things like the TeX, sandwich cases, and other 'standard' TKL cases will be compatible.

Welcome to the third dimension

I'm putting features in now.  The BAE and stepped caps lock should be ready.

Diodes are so easy when you can reference a picture

Adding some of the crazier things to this project made things too ugly with just a 2 layer board.  So here is my creative workaround.

The LED pins used by the Phantom build are there, but they aren't connected to anything.  If you want to brighten your experience, you can use these through hole slots to add your own lighting.  I tried making a loop of BG two color LED diodes around the outside, but when I calculated the power requirements, I was nearing 750mW!  Since this build is intended to be used with the Dom board which has a 100mW limit, it isn't practical to make LED's a default option.  Low power is sexier than lights, right?

As for my neat ideas about an optional bluetooth module which breaks the USB trace, it doesn't seem practical.  The space requirements were too prohibitive.  But I still have hopes for crazy things like wireless customs.  As such, I added a hackable area.

There should be sufficient pins here to do bluefruit mods.  See this.  Rather than just make a slot for a bluefruit breakout board, I wanted to keep it free in here in case someone else comes up with something cool they want to try. 

With this board nearing completion, I started getting quotes for it.  I still need to chit chat with their engineers to ensure they understand my crazy slots, but here is the automatically generated custom quote for a board:

QtySame Day1-Day2-Day3-Day4-Day   1-week2-week3-week4-week
5Call Us$326.38$231.98$176.46$159.80$154.25$143.14$132.03$120.93
10Call Us$189.46$132.76$99.40$89.40$86.06   $79.39   $72.72$66.05
50Call Us$99.47$66.29$46.78$40.92   $38.97$35.07   $31.17$27.26
150Call Us$76.93$50.04$34.22$29.47   $27.89   $24.73   $21.57$18.40

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #134 on: Fri, 27 May 2016, 17:37:07 »
This is great news, really can't wait to join this
Thx for the hard work and updates :)
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline need

« Reply #135 on: Fri, 27 May 2016, 19:49:52 »
We can't thank you enough for your hard work  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Hope bluetooth will be worked out eventually, that just heightens the greatness of this project.
One question, is split space bar being incorporated? (Sorry I'm too dumb to read schematic)

Is something like this possible?

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #136 on: Fri, 27 May 2016, 21:26:22 »
We can't thank you enough for your hard work  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Hope bluetooth will be worked out eventually, that just heightens the greatness of this project.
One question, is split space bar being incorporated? (Sorry I'm too dumb to read schematic)

Is something like this possible?
Show Image

That looks compatible from here.  What size are those spacebars?

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #137 on: Fri, 27 May 2016, 22:43:36 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 15:07:44 by alienman82 »

Offline nateth

« Reply #138 on: Fri, 27 May 2016, 23:35:47 »
I'm definitely game for the numpad. Great job

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #139 on: Sun, 29 May 2016, 09:02:59 »
I still think this should be called Alps Party 2: Even Alpier

Offline klennkellon

• I like bottoming out
« Reply #140 on: Thu, 02 June 2016, 04:18:26 »
Is this project good if I just want a very basic no frills TKL ALPS board? With little programming and tinkering? I'm talking just soldering in the switches and calling it a day.

All I need is a TKL orange alps board and I won't buy a keyboard ever again :P

Offline joey

« Reply #141 on: Thu, 02 June 2016, 04:23:32 »
Is this project good if I just want a very basic no frills TKL ALPS board? With little programming and tinkering? I'm talking just soldering in the switches and calling it a day.

All I need is a TKL orange alps board and I won't buy a keyboard ever again :P
This has a lot of frills, but I think they're all optional :P

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #142 on: Thu, 02 June 2016, 15:10:10 »
Checklist Time

This is the current list of possible layouts.  Is what you want on that list?  Make sure it is.  If not, let me know before I move forward.  I want to check that everything is perfect on the PCB so I can order a prototype to test.  If possible, I want to avoid changes after the prototype is confirmed.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #143 on: Thu, 02 June 2016, 15:30:03 »
Checklist Time

This is the current list of possible layouts.  Is what you want on that list?  Make sure it is.  If not, let me know before I move forward.  I want to check that everything is perfect on the PCB so I can order a prototype to test.  If possible, I want to avoid changes after the prototype is confirmed.

Show Image

This is why I haven't gotten my Alps boards built yet: I can't decide which layouts to get!

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #144 on: Thu, 02 June 2016, 15:34:04 »
Where would the Silicon Graphics SGI Granite keyboard fall under?

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #145 on: Thu, 02 June 2016, 16:16:05 »
I know it's a little niche but for people like me who can patch together caps from an AEK and M0116 an AEKII layout with the HHKB upper-right (1u `~, 1u |\, 1.5u Bksp) would be super. Combine it with a short-right shift and it would be my dream layout   :)

Edit: I understand on a TKL we can have the `~ on the number stripe, but I rather like ESC there and then I can map something fun up at the ESC position on the F-stripe.
« Last Edit: Thu, 02 June 2016, 16:29:16 by jbondeson »

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #146 on: Thu, 02 June 2016, 18:48:07 »
Where would the Silicon Graphics SGI Granite keyboard fall under?

Same thing I'm wanting but with 1u keys inbetween the 1.5 ALTs and CTRLs.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #147 on: Thu, 02 June 2016, 20:43:43 »
Funds permitting, I'll either be in for an ANSI or Infinity layout.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline klennkellon

• I like bottoming out
« Reply #148 on: Thu, 02 June 2016, 23:59:09 »
ANSI

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #149 on: Fri, 03 June 2016, 00:39:31 »
Paging ziptyze for a 3d printed case to match my alps 64.
Hands down getting a Dom.
oh yeah I saw that crazy **** if that doesn't win I'm deleting my account

/ orthodox - 78g zealios / alps64 - mtsc / sentraq s-60x rgb - gat blues / let's split - 67g zealios / let's split - 67g zealios /