Author Topic: [GB] Pearl 40% R1 Complete - www.pearlboards.com - Thank you!  (Read 201072 times)

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
Re: [GB] Pearl 40% - Paid for and in Production - www.pearlboards.com
« Reply #300 on: Tue, 06 February 2018, 20:48:51 »
Numbers are cool.
I hope the red comes out nice and rich! I love this board already. I shall name him... Earl.
-Dana

Offline Koobaczech

• Don't forget to smile :)
    • Pearlboards
« Reply #301 on: Wed, 07 February 2018, 09:26:30 »
kicking myself for getting silver over cyan
x0 lol

Wow :eek: !! This sample look dooooope! The more I see these Pearl, the more I want one in 6x% !!!! I almost regret not joining the 40%  :-[
Thanks foxlive!! No ragrets man :)

Those little teasers look amazing! Thank you for the update Koob.
And I will always stay classy ;)
P.S. Your cat is flippin' adorable
Lord, thanks so much man ;] Glad to see you soaking in the update! Stay relaxed too bro

this is a good color
This GB wouldn't be what it is had it not been for all your great input Puddsy ;D

Numbers are cool.
I hope the red comes out nice and rich! I love this board already. I shall name him... Earl.
It will :) The red proto is super vibrant! Earl will shine like the sun

I kind of regret not taking the blue or the cyan now  :-[

Kooba, do you have any pics of the gray anodising? I know we've seen a prototype, but just for the sake of it :)
All of them look superb by the way, eager to have it in my hands...
Honestly, don't fret man. Since the cores can we swapped, a simple case swap with someone will probably be possible. I'm sure people will trade/sell different colors. And yes, I took some pics this morning just for you! Gray anode!

Offline donut_sauce

« Reply #302 on: Wed, 07 February 2018, 11:58:38 »
How's the QMK stuff coming along? I noticed there is a 'coming soon' bit on the website.

Will the pcb be added to the QMK repository? That would be super duper awesome.

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #303 on: Wed, 07 February 2018, 12:38:32 »
How's the QMK stuff coming along? I noticed there is a 'coming soon' bit on the website.

Will the pcb be added to the QMK repository? That would be super duper awesome.
Letme ping jetpacktuxedo and see whats up. Also, I have no idea if it will or wont x!

Edit: He replied, gave me some links, offered to give me a call on discord as well and work with me. What a swell guy. So will get on that soon!
« Last Edit: Wed, 07 February 2018, 15:14:57 by Koobaczech »

Offline d.caminero

« Reply #304 on: Thu, 08 February 2018, 14:29:38 »
I kind of regret not taking the blue or the cyan now  :-[

Kooba, do you have any pics of the gray anodising? I know we've seen a prototype, but just for the sake of it :)
All of them look superb by the way, eager to have it in my hands...
Honestly, don't fret man. Since the cores can we swapped, a simple case swap with someone will probably be possible. I'm sure people will trade/sell different colors. And yes, I took some pics this morning just for you! Gray anode!
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

That gray looks awesome man, thanks for the pics. I have to hunt down a GMK Yuri kit for it, but I might have to hunt down a blue Pearl for my GMK Nautilus as well... oh ****

Can't wait for it man, I'm checking this thread daily XD

Offline noremac_c

« Reply #305 on: Tue, 13 February 2018, 21:17:58 »
For anyone not following Koob's Instagram, what are you doing? Today, he posted pictures of both Black and Silver pearls that he received in a partial orders so far. Check them out. I was worried about silver being a bland taste, but oh my goodness, with the brass plate it is stunning. Thanks Koob, keep it up! I'm stoked!

Offline hndle

« Reply #306 on: Tue, 13 February 2018, 22:05:54 »
I saw Instagram too.
I'm crying because I want to have that so badly. :'(
that looks great koob!! :thumb:

Offline d.caminero

« Reply #307 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 06:26:07 »
Oh man I don't usually check instagram but those pearls look gorgeous...

@Koob, time for a little update?  :p

Offline donut_sauce

« Reply #308 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 06:34:20 »
What sets are y’all Cyan folks gonna use? I think my fav is Hydro with cyan so far.

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #309 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 09:01:52 »
Hello everyone! Time for another big update. Those who have seen my Instagram, thank you for keeping up and updating this thread!! Lets get to it.

Since this was my first GB, I sourced different parts from different places, not really knowing the trade. As such, some things finished before others, eventually leading to me getting some part of the sum of everyone's case orders yesterday. I took off work and called some buddies over to help me bring a few 200lbs+ crates into my apartment and begin to inventory/unwrap. My back is sore as hell, my glutes hurt, apartment is a mess, it was a lot of work haha. Much respect to people who do this daily or from time to time.

So, what came in?
- All of the sandblasted brass weights
- A lot of Pearl top/bottoms
- A lot of Plates

The bad
1. I went through every single weight, and only rejected 1, #28. The 28 engraving is not that deep and I think the end customer would want to see it more.
2. I had to choose a finish for the brass switch plates, and it was recommended I do a fine sandblasting finish. I said I wanted polished. The polished came out bad since they had never polished brass before. Then they recommended I do brushed brass. I said, fix the polish please. So they sent my plates to a third party polisher and they came out way better but not perfect still. So, they are kind of silly looking, polished but you see the machining under the polish. Ill share pics. Some are also slightly bow'd, as in not perfectly straight. This is a simple apply some force fix.
3. I opened a few Pearls to check them out. They look fine but screwing in screws felt very hard and grainy. SO, last night I ordered a can of grease/lube spray and a few hundred micro applicator swabs. I plan on dabbing the applicator in the solution and quickly cleaning/dipping the 18 threaded holes in every Pearl.
4. The 3 yellow orders look straight up like a dark dull Gold. No lie, a dark dull gold. I'm not sure how this happened, but I was under the impression yellow was yellow. Need to figure this out and post pics for you all tonight since I didn't get any.
5. Pink is more like a rosy velvet red.
6. Rose gold seems pinkish.

The good
Weights look beautiful, plates look beautiful, Pearls look beautiful, and the final revisions to dial in the sidewalls and usb placement came out perfectly. The bad is super annoying, but even the worst is still eye candy.

Moving on
Waiting on Jordis acrylic plates and trying to finish the QMK programming guide on my site. I am hesitant to start packing anything before I have those two done and other minor stuff stocked. My plan is to set apart zFrontiers orders, then pack starting from my first order on shopify/paypal, then take care of the mechkeys.ca paypal proxy orders, then take care of all the minor private after GB orders I accepted. First order first serve style. If I encounter a case defect while packing say order #1, I will pull a better case from my pile. So in a sense, the last orders are in risk of having their accumulated defected cases sent back for repairs or re-machining, and will wait the longest. I'm super sorry friends, not sure how else to do it!! Also expecting more shipments to arrive up until the end of February, like my timeline stated. Finally, here are some pics.

Crates

Pearl tops

Numbering/inspecting double packed weights

Hands were clean when handling the brass, promise

1lb weights

Cyan Bot

Green Top

The single RAW sandblasted Pearl

Pink (really a neon red) vs Red

Orange

Polished brass plate

Silver vs Gray

Black

Rose Gold

Dark Purple

More black and showing fitment

Family photo

Cat tax - meowmoo overlooking inspection
« Last Edit: Wed, 14 February 2018, 09:09:24 by Koobaczech »

Offline SuperBo

Re: [GB] Pearl 40% - Shipments arriving, QC'ing/sorting - www.pearlboards.com
« Reply #310 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 09:37:23 »
The cyan one is very sexy. Wish I went with that instead silver. T.T

However the silver is still good

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Offline MMKB

« Reply #311 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 09:39:25 »
Been spying on this thread but really appreciate your openness and no-BS-ness. Those are gorgeous man! Glad you even got them before the CNY hiatus.

Offline Spaghetti

« Reply #312 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 10:00:26 »
Damn, that green looks really good.

Offline hndle

« Reply #313 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 10:03:50 »
I was speechless.
It's so beautiful. :p
I want this more and more.
Uhhh ...Why am I late? :'(

Offline lordgiblite

« Reply #314 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 10:04:29 »
Oh man oh man oh man oh man! Those Pearls are just flat out beautiful! I wish I got a silver and black on top of mine as well!!!!! Darn it and my budget.

Sucks that there were a few issues man but good thing you have a plan  :D

Super stoked for mine to come in, fall in love with it and then force you to make me another one  ;) jk I wouldn't force you, beg probably, but not force

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #315 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 10:25:26 »
Friends, thanks so much for all the spying and wonderful feedback and hype and compliments and all!! I read every single comment for better or worst and hope to move forward with this a bit every day! I forgot to address the extras situation. I will really only know what I have left over come shipping time. Also, when I open more Pearl's up I'll take more pics and inspect the machining and anodizing and keep a checklist of what's good and what's bad. Might make a public list so everyone is aware of what the deal is and no one is in the dark as to the state of the GB and the inventory. Happy Valentines day to those of you who have a couple, and to those who don't, keep your head up! Life is beautiful either way

Offline BobCarltheThird

« Reply #316 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 10:41:23 »
The purple came out so pretty! can't wait for this to finally ship.
***loads of Vaseline for my meme TMO50 -- Acereconkeys

Offline donut_sauce

« Reply #317 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 10:55:58 »
Hey Koob, dude you are awesome! I super appreciate how great you've been as a GB runner and this looks like an enormous amount of work you're doing. Thank you so much.

I think the colors turned out great. That pink one (neon red) is nuts! Looks like your camera couldn't even handle the saturation intensity:) Kudos to whoever got that one,  Very unique. I think GMK Laser is gonna be rad on that.

Offline foxlive

• The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
« Reply #318 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 10:57:19 »
Beautiful work Koob! These pearl look amazing! Keep it going, and I hope seeing all this beautiful keebs motivate you to do a 6x% pearl :D !
« Last Edit: Wed, 14 February 2018, 12:15:46 by foxlive »

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #319 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 12:03:47 »
Koob, I can't imagine all the sorting and QCing you have to do.   :thumb:

I missed the blocked corner JD45 that I sold every time someone else post theirs, so the Pearl will definitely be a keeper.

Can't wait to get it!

Offline lordgiblite

« Reply #320 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 12:07:42 »
Friends, thanks so much for all the spying and wonderful feedback and hype and compliments and all!! I read every single comment for better or worst and hope to move forward with this a bit every day! I forgot to address the extras situation. I will really only know what I have left over come shipping time. Also, when I open more Pearl's up I'll take more pics and inspect the machining and anodizing and keep a checklist of what's good and what's bad. Might make a public list so everyone is aware of what the deal is and no one is in the dark as to the state of the GB and the inventory. Happy Valentines day to those of you who have a couple, and to those who don't, keep your head up! Life is beautiful either way

You really are doing this GB the right way! I have faith that you will succeed and that not only will this be a learning experience but a great stepping stone to other great projects I know you have cooked up in your head. The Pearl has the glorious smell of amazing, so much that the wife is sad she didn't decide to get one during the GB!

Keep it up man, you seriously rock the socks off of us 40 lovers  :thumb:

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #321 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 12:21:13 »
Thank you fellas. Happy to be doing this work for you!

The purple came out so pretty! can't wait for this to finally ship.
All the colors came out super cool, the dark purple is really nice! Will try to ship stuff soon.

Hey Koob, dude you are awesome! I super appreciate how great you've been as a GB runner and this looks like an enormous amount of work you're doing. Thank you so much.
I think the colors turned out great. That pink one (neon red) is nuts! Looks like your camera couldn't even handle the saturation intensity:) Kudos to whoever got that one,  Very unique. I think GMK Laser is gonna be rad on that.
Donut thank you man! Also, you are so right! I didn't think anyone would understand, but the phone cant capture the color. It just dies haha. Same with cyan honestly. There are 3 pink orders FYI (neon reds).

Beautiful work Kooba! These pearl look amazing! Keep it going, and I hope seeing all this beautiful keebs motivate you to do a 6x% pearl :D !
Fox thanks! At this point I might just send you the board for you to reveal since you are the #1 6x% supporter lol!

Koob, I can't imagine all the sorting and QCing you have to do.   :thumb:
I missed the blocked corner JD45 that I sold every time someone else post theirs, so the Pearl will definitely be a keeper.
Can't wait to get it!
Ty eyedrop! Quite a lot, but Rome wasn't built in one day! I love my JD45's. Were a big inspiration for Pearl. As cool as they are, every time I take them apart I realize they are somewhat deprecated. Makes me feel a little better about having it sleeved in my closet :p

You really are doing this GB the right way! I have faith that you will succeed and that not only will this be a learning experience but a great stepping stone to other great projects I know you have cooked up in your head. The Pearl has the glorious smell of amazing, so much that the wife is sad she didn't decide to get one during the GB!
Keep it up man, you seriously rock the socks off of us 40 lovers  :thumb:
Lord, always so thoughtful! Ty, you know it. I've been thinking, if I do a next GB man, we need to send stress relief samples to everyone :)

Offline donut_sauce

« Reply #322 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 12:32:16 »
This meme is super tired but it's how I feel when looking at Koob's instagram
188896-0

Offline lordgiblite

« Reply #323 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 12:49:49 »
(Attachment Link)

Except I still want to keep my color, I just need more Pearls lol

Offline donut_sauce

« Reply #324 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 12:53:15 »
(Attachment Link)

Totally! I wish I had ordered two :)

Offline foxlive

« Reply #325 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 12:56:57 »

Beautiful work Kooba! These pearl look amazing! Keep it going, and I hope seeing all this beautiful keebs motivate you to do a 6x% pearl :D !
Fox thanks! At this point I might just send you the board for you to reveal since you are the #1 6x% supporter lol!
Ahhhh yes ! I’m in! And for sure I will be the first to join for a 60  :p

Offline lordgiblite

« Reply #326 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 13:08:04 »
(Attachment Link)

Totally! I wish I had ordered two :)

I wish I ordered like 3 or 4 lol, the want for the black and silver are crazy and then there's the cool neon red pink one and you know maybe another purple, or the straight red, yeah I just like them all lol

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #327 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 13:57:46 »
Omg haha. Please xD I'm in the same boat. I want all of them but didn't get myself extras because it was too much lol. I'm refraining myself from playing around with peoples orders to see what different keysets and stuff look like. Already felt guilty putting together that black one. Its holes have been screwed x0 NSFW

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #328 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 14:32:50 »

Ahhhh yes ! I’m in! And for sure I will be the first to join for a 60  :p

Koob, don't listen to Fox.  He really meant 6x%, aka 65%.  We need those arrow keys.   :p

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #329 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 14:50:25 »
Here is a little teaser of my new 6X% board haha. That's all I'm leaking until all of the Pearl orders are sent out. I do not want to hint at the idea of a new GB if I cant even complete my first one :p

Custom cone feet I designed just for this board

« Last Edit: Wed, 14 February 2018, 14:55:28 by Koobaczech »

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #330 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 14:56:29 »
Here is a little teaser of my new 6X% board haha. That's all I'm leaking until all of the Pearl orders are sent out. I do not want to hint at the idea of a new GB if I cant even complete my first one :p

Show Image

Show Image

Sold, I'm first.  Let me buy 4.   :))

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #331 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 15:13:47 »
Sold to the man with the exceptional beard!

Offline foxlive

« Reply #332 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 16:10:12 »

Show Image

Show Image

Sold, I'm first.  Let me buy 4.   :))

Ahhhhhhhhh! We will have to fight for the first! :D and yeah, i mean 6x%, even if I personally used wasd as arrow keys with caps lock, I think the look of 6x% are less « common », but if it is 60% I will be in for sure also, no big deal :p !

Offline BobCarltheThird

« Reply #333 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 17:01:16 »
Ahhhhh too much stuff coming out at once. I'm probably going to have to miss the 6x% board you do.
***loads of Vaseline for my meme TMO50 -- Acereconkeys

Offline Robotical

« Reply #334 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 22:35:36 »
Just going to slide in here and leave a fresh Pearl build.

Offline Peiweisgreat

« Reply #335 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 23:29:43 »
Oh baby seeing all this update definitely made working 12 hours today worth it. I can't to build my pearl. Still don't have a keyset for this, but this build is going to be great.

Offline THRILLHOIAF

« Reply #336 on: Wed, 14 February 2018, 23:32:51 »
I'm just here for the cat pictures

that rose gold is so ****ing slick dude

silver and black look ****ing MINT

even the RAW pearl looks clean as ****

all of these look incredible my friend!

Offline foxlive

« Reply #337 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 05:01:20 »

Show Image

Show Image

So you will not keep the design of the 40% pearl for the 6x% ? I really love the fact that there is no feet. the 40% pearl look quite perfect and i am sure just a 6x% version of it would be perfect :D ! What do you think about this?

Offline donut_sauce

« Reply #338 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 05:52:56 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

This looks great! What key set is on here? Hyperfuse mixed with...Miami?

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #339 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 06:20:35 »
I ordered Rose Gold, and if that is the colour, then I love it! I'd be totally happy with that. It's beautiful, seriously.

Offline Robotical

« Reply #340 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 07:17:13 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

This looks great! What key set is on here? Hyperfuse mixed with...Miami?

Hyperfuse alphas with Unique0rn modifiers.

Offline d.caminero

« Reply #341 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 08:09:05 »
All those Pearls look awesome Koob, you did a very nice work even with the "altered" colours.
I really have no words to describe how happy I feel this is going so well and you are being honest about everything. As I said previously, you are doing an amazing job for your first GB and I can see lots of succhessfull GB's for you, congratulations.

I can't even compare this with the Exent GB, and that was supposed to be run by prestigious people.

Eager to have my Pearl and make an awesome build out of it.

Offline Robotical

« Reply #342 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 08:25:17 »
I ordered Rose Gold, and if that is the colour, then I love it! I'd be totally happy with that. It's beautiful, seriously.

The rose gold is gorgeous in person. I think anyone who picked it will be quite happy with it.

Offline hndle

« Reply #343 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 09:25:18 »
Everyone who buys Pearl is a real Lucky guy. I really envy you guys. :p

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #344 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 10:18:38 »
Ty for all the nice words everyone. They mean a lot to me! Yesterday was a super long day! Had my IRL friends R0b0tical and Mangoes (ek599) come over and help me sort through all these parts. Robo built his order and you can imagine I was sweating the entire time hoping nothing went wrong lmao, especially after he almost convinced me the plates were cut wrong x!

Learned some things yesterday as well. The sidewalls are super tight and a thin wired keycap puller is preferred when pulling keys. The cyan is also a TINY bit lighter than my prototype color. We all agreed its prettier!

I took pictures of the yellow that came out gold and the one weight I rejected.

Also, after feeling the first cases, I thought it best to give them a wash. The orders felt sticky and the holes were grainy. I googled a ton of "can you wash anodized aluminum" and tested it out on one of my Pearls first. I thoroughly cleaned out a small bucket and filled it with lukewarm water with a pinch of soap. I mixed the water around and let it settle. Then I dipped a case part in and pulled it out, rinsing it with cold water, finally drying it on a set of fluffy towels. During the clean, id use some microfiber applicators to clean out the threaded holes as well. Incredibly, the bucket collected grime and metal flakes, so it was a great idea! Once clean, I've inspected them and am put them in a QC passed crate. Have done like 15 cases so far and they are all good.

I plan on cleaning/inspecting a lot of more cases tonight. Then I still need to count all the orders up, get acrylic plates, finish my website guides and begin to pack/ship. That all if WORST case scenario will still put us on the "shipping in march" timeline. Here are some pics!

Yellow (Gold :/)

Rejected Weight #28

Robo building his crazy Pearl

Pearls being cleaned

Metal flakes after a clean

Extra combination pics requested by my discord family

Just as a reminder! If I don't have updates to give, its because I will simply be cleaning/inspecting/counting these orders. I expect it to take some time, there's still a lot to be done, and I will be doing it! Thanks!!
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 February 2018, 10:27:28 by Koobaczech »

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #345 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 10:42:46 »
looking great, thanks for the status update!
Any idea when you think you might start shipping them out? It would be awesome to bring mine to the Columbus meet on the 3rd.
-Dana

Offline Kavik

« Reply #346 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 10:47:26 »
I've never been interested in a 40%, but this one looks really cool.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #347 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 10:53:41 »
Any idea when you think you might start shipping them out? It would be awesome to bring mine to the Columbus meet on the 3rd.
Hey Dana! You're welcome. Lets see. Once I QC all the orders I have, I need to find your order and get your weight #. If its in the batch I have rn, and if you don't need any extras or anything, I can probably try to send it out...this Monday?! You might be ahead of my QMK guide if you don't mind. I think you ordered early, but if not, I wont even have your case in house yet and would need to pull someone else's case if you want it that badly xD

Truth be told, I can send it out even tomorrow, but I absolutely dread the idea of sending stuff out without being organized and knowing my inventory. Even giving Robo his Pearl had me really worried since I hadn't checked all the Cyan orders yet, but he ordered real early so he had a priority. Its a lot to keep track of and the fear of ****ing up peoples orders way overshadows my want to send them out early. That's why I ask for everyone's patience!

Hey thanks dude!
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 February 2018, 11:00:38 by Koobaczech »

Offline OfTheWild

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Make things. Have fun.
    • Studios of the Wild
« Reply #348 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 11:26:57 »
Hey Dana! You're welcome. Lets see. Once I QC all the orders I have, I need to find your order and get your weight #. If its in the batch I have rn, and if you don't need any extras or anything, I can probably try to send it out...this Monday?! You might be ahead of my QMK guide if you don't mind. I think you ordered early, but if not, I wont even have your case in house yet and would need to pull someone else's case if you want it that badly xD

Truth be told, I can send it out even tomorrow, but I absolutely dread the idea of sending stuff out without being organized and knowing my inventory. Even giving Robo his Pearl had me really worried since I hadn't checked all the Cyan orders yet, but he ordered real early so he had a priority. Its a lot to keep track of and the fear of ****ing up peoples orders way overshadows my want to send them out early. That's why I ask for everyone's patience!

Hey thanks dude!

Yup i totally understand the need for organizing! Only if its not a hassle for you. I would imagine i was one of the first orders, red on red. I'd be happy to help with the guide as well if you need. Regardless its up to you, i'd love to show this off!  :thumb: Hit me up on here or discord if you want to try and make that happen.   
-Dana

Offline lordgiblite

« Reply #349 on: Thu, 15 February 2018, 11:32:46 »
Ty for all the nice words everyone. They mean a lot to me! Yesterday was a super long day! Had my IRL friends R0b0tical and Mangoes (ek599) come over and help me sort through all these parts. Robo built his order and you can imagine I was sweating the entire time hoping nothing went wrong lmao, especially after he almost convinced me the plates were cut wrong x!

Learned some things yesterday as well. The sidewalls are super tight and a thin wired keycap puller is preferred when pulling keys. The cyan is also a TINY bit lighter than my prototype color. We all agreed its prettier!

I took pictures of the yellow that came out gold and the one weight I rejected.

Also, after feeling the first cases, I thought it best to give them a wash. The orders felt sticky and the holes were grainy. I googled a ton of "can you wash anodized aluminum" and tested it out on one of my Pearls first. I thoroughly cleaned out a small bucket and filled it with lukewarm water with a pinch of soap. I mixed the water around and let it settle. Then I dipped a case part in and pulled it out, rinsing it with cold water, finally drying it on a set of fluffy towels. During the clean, id use some microfiber applicators to clean out the threaded holes as well. Incredibly, the bucket collected grime and metal flakes, so it was a great idea! Once clean, I've inspected them and am put them in a QC passed crate. Have done like 15 cases so far and they are all good.

I plan on cleaning/inspecting a lot of more cases tonight. Then I still need to count all the orders up, get acrylic plates, finish my website guides and begin to pack/ship. That all if WORST case scenario will still put us on the "shipping in march" timeline. Here are some pics!

Yellow (Gold :/)
Show Image

Show Image

Rejected Weight #28
Show Image

Show Image

Robo building his crazy Pearl
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Pearls being cleaned
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Metal flakes after a clean
Show Image

Show Image

Extra combination pics requested by my discord family
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Just as a reminder! If I don't have updates to give, its because I will simply be cleaning/inspecting/counting these orders. I expect it to take some time, there's still a lot to be done, and I will be doing it! Thanks!!

The hard work and dedication you are putting into this GB is absolutely astounding! I can hardly wait for mine to start shipping out! Even if I won't have the set for it until May-ish