Author Topic: Ceraclack Service Complete, no more orders  (Read 39915 times)

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
Re: Tyson's Cerakote Liaison Service (Wave 2 of 4 in progress) [Capped for now]
« Reply #100 on: Tue, 26 February 2019, 22:19:25 »
I'll happily pay $50.  The guy who wanted to do mine here quoted me $145

And his work is less than stellar IMO

Offline japanesehorrorwriter

« Reply #101 on: Tue, 26 February 2019, 22:26:46 »
Still a great price and below market prices for cerakote here in LA. And to have you QCing the boards before they are shipped back...both worth the price hike, imho.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #102 on: Tue, 26 February 2019, 22:29:32 »
Just sign me up if someone wants to back out, that's all i ask!

Offline rondg

« Reply #103 on: Tue, 26 February 2019, 23:08:46 »
Same here. I'm okay with the price increase. It's still cheaper compared to where I am at.

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #104 on: Wed, 27 February 2019, 11:43:07 »
I think $50 is still very reasonable for the type of service being offered.  Keep up the great work.

Offline switchnollie

• sleever supreme
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • greyhat co-leader
« Reply #105 on: Wed, 27 February 2019, 18:21:27 »
Damn these look clean :cool:

Keyboards: HHKB Pro 1 & OTD 356CL Dark Greyhat Edition, baybee!

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #106 on: Thu, 28 February 2019, 15:18:46 »
I would gladly pay $50 for this service. Honestly, the initial price seemed a little too good to be true. Thank the shop for keeping it up!
« Last Edit: Thu, 28 February 2019, 17:00:37 by dubious »

Offline KevinSanToast

« Reply #107 on: Thu, 28 February 2019, 23:34:13 »
These all look great! Would it be possible to get an aluminmum knob cerakoted? Very hard to find a nice white one. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-Quality-1pcs-17-16mm-Aluminum-Potentiometer-Knob-for-6mm-Round-Shaft/32744496347.html?spm=a2g0s.13010208.99999999.259.44d93c00vkYY3I This is the one I have. Will the cerakote be thin enough to preserve the knurling?

Keep up the good work! Really cool of you to provide such a great service.

Offline Tyson

Re: Tyson's Cerakote Liaison Service [ROUND 2 Form OPEN]
« Reply #108 on: Thu, 14 March 2019, 18:05:26 »
I am accepting more orders for round 2! Feel free to join! Round 2 will begin on May 1st!

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #109 on: Fri, 15 March 2019, 16:27:44 »
Also, please everyone upload more pics of your finished boards!  I would like to see the finished result with the cerakote color name to help me choose a color!   :thumb: :thumb:

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #110 on: Fri, 15 March 2019, 17:07:00 »
What board are you planning on cerakoting?

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #111 on: Fri, 15 March 2019, 17:35:07 »
What board are you planning on cerakoting?

My 268.1 AG.  It’s raw aluminum at the moment

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #114 on: Sun, 17 March 2019, 20:59:51 »
Hey, Mythramir... let me know how your 268.1 worked out.  I'm concerned about tolerances.

Offline Pheyn

« Reply #115 on: Sun, 17 March 2019, 21:20:28 »
Hey, Mythramir... let me know how your 268.1 worked out.  I'm concerned about tolerances.

Will do. Looks like it just finished the other day so hopefully it'll ship back to me sometime this week. I'll post some images either here or the discord when i get it :)

Offline poodude

« Reply #117 on: Mon, 01 April 2019, 20:53:45 »
No new updates?

Offline Tyson

« Reply #118 on: Tue, 02 April 2019, 09:41:40 »
No new updates?

My bad, I forgot to update this thread with the update from last month.

Update 13 (3/13/19): I hadn't heard much from them since the last update, I did stop by last week and picked up a few boards that were still part of Wave 1. I just got a text from Abel letting me know that a lot of boards are done and that I should come pick them up today. So I plan on going right now to see which boards are done and which boards they are still working on. I am also waiting on a few more wave 3 boards before I take those to the shop. Tara mentioned to me that she was having trouble coating boards in white colors and purple colors and mentioned that they could potentially need to double the price for those colors specifically, I am hoping to find out more today as I looked on the list and it looks like only a few people have been requesting white and purple colors.

I haven't posted an update 14 yet. All of Wave 3's boards are in the shop, I'm mailing out Wave 2 boards right now. I have the Austin Meetup coming up this weekend so that's going to put a stop on shipping for the weekend. The cost for white and purple colors will be a $10 increase from normal colors. I'll  post update 14 when I go visit them this week to go pick up my 60XT.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #119 on: Tue, 02 April 2019, 11:01:20 »

Will do. Looks like it just finished the other day so hopefully it'll ship back to me sometime this week. I'll post some images either here or the discord when i get it :)

Did you get your board yet?

Offline Pheyn

« Reply #120 on: Tue, 02 April 2019, 12:03:32 »

Not yet, I'm part of the wave 2 boards that he just mentioned he's shipping back out. So fingers crossed it'll be soon :)

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #121 on: Tue, 02 April 2019, 13:09:40 »

Not yet, I'm part of the wave 2 boards that he just mentioned he's shipping back out. So fingers crossed it'll be soon :)

Cool.  I’ve got a guy lined up to do media blasting on mine if you are unhappy with yours.  Looking forward to seeing it.

Offline Tyson

« Reply #122 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 16:37:18 »
After doing some thinking. I will not be proceeding with running a Round 2 for this service. I have been having issues with the shop keeping there lower prices and have had to start paying out of pocket for peoples boards, along with shipping. I will continue finishing round 1 boards as those are all almost done. But with these price increases I have been having I have started losing money and it is taking a toll on my car. I am sorry for coming to this conclusion. I understand that people were really looking forward to getting there board refinished. I suggest anyone still interested in getting their board cerakoted to please look for a shop close to you in your city or surrounding area. I will still keep this discord open to help others out and help people decide what would be the best colors to go with for their boards. Again, I apologize about having to call it quits on Round 2. I started this service to help others, once it started forcing me to pay money out of my own pocket it started to get tougher then I imagined. I will keep updating the progress for Round 1 boards to make sure everyone is in the loop on those boards.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
Re: Tyson's Cerakote Liaison Service [Closing After Round 1 ends]
« Reply #123 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 16:41:58 »
Boo.  Oh well.  Keep living the dream.  I'm going to try sandblasting raw aluminum.  Seems easier to get done than a good cerakote job.

Offline poodude

« Reply #124 on: Tue, 23 April 2019, 19:08:10 »
3rd wave still being cerakoted?

Offline Tyson

« Reply #125 on: Thu, 25 April 2019, 11:48:45 »
3rd wave still being cerakoted?

Yeah, they've been on a spree of gun shows and haven't had time to complete all the boards at the shop. I've been texting them about once a week to ask how progress is going. Expect pics hopefully next week or the week after. I really want to get this done as fast as possible. Sorry this third wave is taking so long. A few things have changed on it as I have stated above. I'm hoping they don't take this long on the last wave. They are really dragging it out now. :( Once I get pics of the boards being mostly completed I will contact and invoice the last wave.  Here's the previous update that I posted in my discord.

Update 14 (4/17/18): The shop is currently closed this week while the owners are out of town. They said that they will be getting back to work on all the boards and have them all done by the first week of May. There was a miscommunication with shop on when the boards would be finished. I thought it was going to be this week but looks like I was wrong. I apologize for the delay. I am working on completing the service, I unfortunately will not be looking into running a Round 2 at this point. Most of Wave 2 boards have been mailed out, there are about 4 that I am working on getting out this week. Everyone who is part of Wave 4, be on the look out for a PM from me at the beginning of May.

Offline rooney

« Reply #126 on: Thu, 02 May 2019, 08:49:21 »
I just learned of your service. Thanks for doing this for the community. It was very nice of you and generous to help. I wish I would have learned about it earlier. Sorry you had to pay out of pocket. I hope everything works out for you!

Offline Pheyn

« Reply #127 on: Tue, 07 May 2019, 11:44:31 »

Cool.  I’ve got a guy lined up to do media blasting on mine if you are unhappy with yours.  Looking forward to seeing it.

Got my board back last night. As far as tolerances go, the only thing I noticed was the brass weight was slightly tougher to get into place. Everything else seems fine - plate fits, all screws go in w/o issue, no gaps between the top & bottom piece, and the usb port still fits through the slot. So I don't think it's something that you need to be worried about :)

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #128 on: Tue, 07 May 2019, 13:46:30 »

Got my board back last night. As far as tolerances go, the only thing I noticed was the brass weight was slightly tougher to get into place. Everything else seems fine - plate fits, all screws go in w/o issue, no gaps between the top & bottom piece, and the usb port still fits through the slot. So I don't think it's something that you need to be worried about :)

Thanks for the update.  You need to post some sweet pics!

Offline Tyson

« Reply #129 on: Fri, 17 May 2019, 09:26:40 »
Update 15 (5/17/19): Got a Text from Tara yesterday letting me know that 3 boards were done. Those 3 boards were a Lunar, a Noxary 268.1 and a TGR 910. All of them came out perfect! While I was there Tara and I talked about how much work they currently have in house, and how big their backlog is. She also let me know that most of the boards there will be completed by next week. She also explained to me that she would love to work on more boards and that all these keyboards have caught Cerakote.com's attention, they personally emailed Tara asking for more pictures to showcase their work on keyboards! All of your guys support and reception has been amazing! Tara let me know that they would like to continue working on boards, but the only issue and reason why these boards take forever to get done is that they have to mix and prep so many different colors. There will be a new plan in place for round 2 and future rounds of this public service, I will have a more detailed plan on what how Round 2 will work in a future post. For now I wanted to give everyone an update on Round 1 and a thank you for the support!

Offline Pemdas

• (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ᶠᶫᵒᵃᵗᶦᶰᵍ ᶫᶦᵏᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵘᵗᵗᵉʳᶠᶫʸ
Re: Tyson's Cerakote Liaison Service [Round 2 Soon!!!]
« Reply #130 on: Sat, 18 May 2019, 23:57:18 »
Didn't join in for the first wave but recently got a board I'd like to have coated so happy to hear that you're starting another round!

edit** wanted to get my LZ CLS ms done in a green but not really digging the green options on the cerakote website. I'll have to do some more thinking...
« Last Edit: Sun, 19 May 2019, 18:28:57 by Pemdas »
HHKB2 | Orion v2 | TGR-03 Proto | Octagon v2 | JD45 | BlackBird | Mira SE | Viper v2 | SX60 | E8-v1 | Alice | LZ GH v2 | No 1/65 | 910SE | Kyuu | LZ CLS ms | UNIKORN | PhysiX

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #131 on: Sun, 19 May 2019, 15:41:03 »
Exciting :)

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #132 on: Sun, 19 May 2019, 19:40:23 »
Update 15 (5/17/19): Got a Text from Tara yesterday letting me know that 3 boards were done. Those 3 boards were a Lunar, a Noxary 268.1 and a TGR 910. All of them came out perfect! While I was there Tara and I talked about how much work they currently have in house, and how big their backlog is. She also let me know that most of the boards there will be completed by next week. She also explained to me that she would love to work on more boards and that all these keyboards have caught Cerakote.com's attention, they personally emailed Tara asking for more pictures to showcase their work on keyboards! All of your guys support and reception has been amazing! Tara let me know that they would like to continue working on boards, but the only issue and reason why these boards take forever to get done is that they have to mix and prep so many different colors. There will be a new plan in place for round 2 and future rounds of this public service, I will have a more detailed plan on what how Round 2 will work in a future post. For now I wanted to give everyone an update on Round 1 and a thank you for the support!

Exciting news!

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #133 on: Mon, 20 May 2019, 01:40:11 »

So hold on.  There will be a R2 now?

Great news.   Look forward to the R2 info.

Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline eyedrop

« Reply #134 on: Mon, 24 June 2019, 10:48:31 »
When are you expecting to ship the completed board?

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #135 on: Wed, 26 June 2019, 11:18:15 »
Any updates on R2? :)

Offline Tyson

« Reply #136 on: Wed, 03 July 2019, 11:01:52 »
When are you expecting to ship the completed board?

Completed boards will be shipped out next Monday.

Offline Tyson

« Reply #137 on: Wed, 03 July 2019, 11:03:22 »
Any updates on R2? :)

Soon, now that the shop is working faster on all the boards I'll be making a post about R2 very soon, this month for sure. I just want to complete everything and mail everything out before I continue. Need to finish R1 so I don't get ahead of my self with round 2. lol

Offline Tyson

I posted Update 19 today. I plan on making Update 20 the last official update for all of Round 1!

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
I was wondering - what is that cerakoting process? What is the difference between this and powder coating?
Is it stronger? What kind of finish can you get?
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Tyson

I was wondering - what is that cerakoting process? What is the difference between this and powder coating?

I have most of your questions listed and answered in the original start of this post. Cerakote is different from powdercoat as it is a ceramic based material and is a lot more fine than powdercoat. It's stronger and can resist more chemicals along with it being more durable in outdoor environments. I have all the finishes listed in the original start of this post. Please feel free to go back and read what I wrote out along with the colors that are listed. I am going to be changing up round  2 and will not be offering all the colors at once, but will be having one color per wave. The First Wave will be Graphite Black, the Second Wave will be a Custom Olivia Rose Gold color. The rest will be put to a vote at a later date.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...

I have most of your questions listed and answered in the original start of this post. Cerakote is different from powdercoat as it is a ceramic based material and is a lot more fine than powdercoat. It's stronger and can resist more chemicals along with it being more durable in outdoor environments. I have all the finishes listed in the original start of this post. Please feel free to go back and read what I wrote out along with the colors that are listed. I am going to be changing up round  2 and will not be offering all the colors at once, but will be having one color per wave. The First Wave will be Graphite Black, the Second Wave will be a Custom Olivia Rose Gold color. The rest will be put to a vote at a later date.

Awesome, thanks, I'll read it now.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Tyson

Update 20 (7/24/19): Going to the shop today to pick up most of Wave 4. The only remaining boards from wave 4 are a Canoe and a HHKB. I am also going to drop off a few things to test out a couple of colors. I am dropping off 8 REDACTED boards to test out a new GMK Olivia Rose Gold color, and my TKC1800 to test out a GunCandy Chameleon color, it's a color that has multiple tones in it and changes color in certain lighting! These boards are not part of the Wave and will not hinder the start of Round 2. Not too sure if you have noticed yet but I have rebranded the service, it's not Tyson's Cerakote Service anymore, I've become Ceraclack! Thank to OneCreativeMind for creating the logo and some sticker ideas for the service! He won the logo contest and has decided to give his free spot away. I will be running a giveaway at the start of round 2 for a free coating, more news will come on that in a few weeks, I promise! In the mean time I will keep mailing everything out to get everything back to everyone that has submitted a board for cerakote! If I have completed you board please post a picture of it in #gallery it seems nobody ever posts their pics in there even when I ask. Hope everyone has a nice rest of their week!

Offline nicx

i've recently discovered this was a thing and i need it so so bad. just gotta get myself a board first.

Offline Tyson

Re: Ceraklack R2 and Beyond (Formally Tyson's Cerakote Liaison Service)
« Reply #144 on: Thu, 08 August 2019, 15:01:20 »
Round 2 entries are open!

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #145 on: Thu, 08 August 2019, 15:09:52 »

The form says graphite black.  Is that the only option this round?

Offline Tyson

« Reply #146 on: Thu, 08 August 2019, 15:17:01 »

The form says graphite black.  Is that the only option this round?

Yes! I am running the rounds a bit different now and will run them kind of like artisan colorways. To start off I will be doing just graphite black for the first 50 boards, once those 50 are complete I will do another 50 in a different colorway. The shop let me know that they can work on larger volumes if they are all the same color. That is why these waves will be single colors. I will open commissions every once and a while when time allows it just in case you were looking at doing something a bit more wild than one color. :)

Offline Tyson

« Reply #147 on: Tue, 20 August 2019, 21:20:21 »
I just got word that the shop has made some progress with the boards that are still there. They worked on them Friday morning and finished a few of them around noon. I am going to try to go there on Thursday to pick them up, the Canoe, and HHKB are still being worked on. As for Round 2, I will close entry for Graphite Black next Wednesday night and start invoicing people so they can start sending the boards to me, I will give them two weeks to mail me their board before I refund their order. The weather will have cooled off just enough for the shop to work on boards throughout the day. I'll hopefully get those done in a month. Once those are done I'll start mailing them back. Just like the usual I'll keep everyone updated and post pics

Offline Tyson

« Reply #148 on: Fri, 13 September 2019, 15:33:53 »
Just dropped off all the boards that I have received so far!
The shop told me to hold off on bringing more until they finish some up. I will have to wait to take the remaining boards, I'll be updating the spreadsheet shortly. If yours isn't at the shop that means either you didn't send it to me on time or your package is arriving late.

I am also running a giveaway on my discord for hitting 200 members! If you aren't in it and would like to join the giveaway feel free to join and react to the post!

I am also running an IC for GMK Ashes right now, along with prepping everything for the Austin meetup! If you are interested in a nice keyset that will work with almost any color please feel free to look at GMK Ashes! I plan on making some renders with cerakoted board colors!