Author Topic: [GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)  (Read 766415 times)

Offline PancakeMSTR

Re: [GB]EXENT - 65% made by TARO (In production)
« Reply #1350 on: Mon, 20 November 2017, 22:24:24 »
I'd also like to know what is going on with the tracking numbers.

Offline catweewee

• SINGA | singakbd.com
  • * Vendor
  • Yellows
« Reply #1351 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 02:01:15 »
Sf express.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
  • Colour my life with the chaos of trouble
« Reply #1352 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 02:16:50 »
Give it a couple of days for the tracking to appear in their system. All US orders were shipped using S.F. Express. While non-US were shipped using EMS, which we haven't updated to PayPal yet.

Thanks.
email: yuktsi@ttggrr.cc

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline eddible

« Reply #1353 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 02:18:23 »
Give it a couple of days for the tracking to appear in their system. All US orders were shipped using S.F. Express. While non-US were shipped using EMS, which we haven't updated to PayPal yet.

Thanks.
How are you getting on with premium kits with the key caps? Are they shipping yet?

Offline Traveler

« Reply #1354 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 08:26:24 »
How are you getting on with premium kits with the key caps? Are they shipping yet?

I'd like to know this too. I know they're shipping out later (or at least that's what I remember hearing last), so an update on those would be cool. I was also one of the few who had my PayPal money held, so I'm completely clueless on when to expect a shipping notification and where to check for one. The one on my PayPal invoice won't be the one for my Exent, right?

Offline foxlive

• The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
« Reply #1355 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 08:56:16 »
Any news with the re-process of thedark gray? And also on the alu bottom? Thannnnks!  :thumb:

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #1356 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 09:13:17 »
Any news with the re-process of thedark gray? And also on the alu bottom? Thannnnks!  :thumb:
Called this morning. They haven’t looked at it yet

My collection

More
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 | Whale Poly | 356cl | HBCP | Dolinger | Linger | FMJ80 | KFE

Offline foxlive

« Reply #1357 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 09:15:37 »

Thanks yuktsi !!!

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #1358 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 09:29:01 »

You probably got no solid ETA yet which is understandable but if one of you that are responsible for running things could update the thread once the premium kits, kits with brass plates and kits with 12º feet are ready to be packed and/or shipping that'd be great! Just so we (and I, since I'm included in 2 of those 3 groups) know when we can expect tracking to be a couple days out.

Thank you for handling the situation as well as you guys have been of late, glad to see things are finally in motion.
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 November 2017, 15:02:53 by Vigrith »

Offline g_ken92

« Reply #1359 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 10:11:03 »
Saw someone already got their exent premium kit on reddit

Offline tialdo

« Reply #1360 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 10:55:26 »
So nervous..

Offline Helldrop

« Reply #1361 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 11:01:22 »
I wonder when the shipping of the Basic Kit including Alu plate will be completed.

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #1362 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 11:10:34 »

Yeah with half the LEDs not working and issues with the screw in stabilizers disabling keys.

Offline graefeln

« Reply #1363 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 11:20:17 »

Yeah with half the LEDs not working and issues with the screw in stabilizers disabling keys.

To be fair, that second part happens on quite a few boards. Use a non-conductive washer or some tape and it's fine... the more layouts you make a PCB compatible with, the more likely it has to have a contact where that screw goes - hell, I had it happen with a NERD60 and I would hardly consider that a low quality PCB.

Offline Marvellion

« Reply #1364 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 11:22:06 »

The issue with the screw in stabs are not that uncommon but the LED issue is worrying. Let's hope it's a one time thing or a shipping issue.

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #1365 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 11:22:13 »

To be fair, that second part happens on quite a few boards. Use a non-conductive washer or some tape and it's fine... the more layouts you make a PCB compatible with, the more likely it has to have a contact where that screw goes - hell, I had it happen with a NERD60 and I would hardly consider that a low quality PCB.

It's an easy fix too, but it's not the only problem. We'll see, when mine arrives, how the LEDs behave. At least I can fix it if there's an issue.

Offline codywanks

« Reply #1366 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 14:46:40 »

...if one of you that are responsible for running things could update the thread once the premium kits, kits with brass plates and kits with 12º feet are ready to be packed and/or shipping that'd be great!

Ok.

That's definitely not a premium kit.

The issue with the screw in stabs are not that uncommon but the LED issue is worrying. Let's hope it's a one time thing or a shipping issue.

graefeln's post addresses the issue with screw-in stabs adequately without the need for me to expound further.

Regarding the SMD LED issue - yes, it was picked up during QC. And no, it is definitely not a "one time thing". Do expect more PCBs to arrive like that.

We flashed each board individually and entered bootmapper to test random keys + LED functionality. Upon discovering that some PCBs had LEDs turned off, or LEDs where only 2 of the 3 colors worked, we were faced with two choices:
1) Send the faulty boards back to China to get reworked. This would have delayed the GB by at least 2-3 more months (I sh*t you not). The first batch of basic kits would've still been unassembled. Nothing would have shipped yet.
2) Ship the kits anyway, and teach the people with wonky LEDs how to fix them. It literally only takes a minute if you know what you're doing, or 5 minutes if you don't.

No prizes for guessing how we proceeded, and I'm willing to wager most other GB organizers would have done the same. As a fellow GB participant, it is also my opinion that issues such as these are resolved best (and quickest) as a collective, rather than be carried solely by the runners.

Sadly, I am well aware that there will invariably be a group of people who bought into the Exent with a customer/consumer mindset rather than as a community member, whose fingers are itching to type "I paid good money for this board, I expect it to arrive flawlessly!!!!11 Don't give me excuses for the LEDs, they're your problem not mine!!!111" even while reading this sentence  ;) Well, if you're one of them, there really is no point in me attempting to change your belief system or way of thinking. The debate could go on forever. Just yell at me if you must, and move on.

Back to the issue at hand - For those who are unfamiliar, the LEDs aren't working properly simply due to poor contact. That's all. Nothing too sinister or complicated. Read my post here if you want a better idea (both PCBs came from the same source). We have already weeded out the PCBs with major issues e.g. dead controller, so what you receive should well be user-fixable. But feel free to send me a PM if you still can't figure it out.

Offline Marvellion

« Reply #1367 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 15:06:46 »

...if one of you that are responsible for running things could update the thread once the premium kits, kits with brass plates and kits with 12º feet are ready to be packed and/or shipping that'd be great!

Ok.

graefeln's post addresses the issue with screw-in stabs adequately without the need for me to expound further.

Regarding the SMD LED issue - yes, it was picked up during QC. And no, it is definitely not a "one time thing". Do expect more PCBs to arrive like that.

We flashed each board individually and entered bootmapper to test random keys + LED functionality. Upon discovering that some PCBs had LEDs turned off, or LEDs where only 2 of the 3 colors worked, we were faced with two choices:
1) Send the faulty boards back to China to get reworked. This would have delayed the GB by at least 2-3 more months (I sh*t you not). The first batch of basic kits would've still been unassembled. Nothing would have shipped yet.
2) Ship the kits anyway, and teach the people with wonky LEDs how to fix them. It literally only takes a minute if you know what you're doing, or 5 minutes if you don't.

No prizes for guessing how we proceeded, and I'm willing to wager most other GB organizers would have done the same. As a fellow GB participant, it is also my opinion that issues such as these are resolved best (and quickest) as a collective, rather than be carried solely by the runners.

Sadly, I am well aware that there will invariably be a group of people who bought into the Exent with a customer/consumer mindset rather than as a community member, whose fingers are itching to type "I paid good money for this board, I expect it to arrive flawlessly!!!!11 Don't give me excuses for the LEDs, they're your problem not mine!!!111" even while reading this sentence  ;) Well, if you're one of them, there really is no point in me attempting to change your belief system or way of thinking. The debate could go on forever. Just yell at me if you must, and move on.

Back to the issue at hand - For those who are unfamiliar, the LEDs aren't working properly simply due to poor contact. That's all. Nothing too sinister or complicated. Read my post here if you want a better idea (both PCBs came from the same source). We have already weeded out the PCBs with major issues e.g. dead controller, so what you receive should well be user-fixable. But feel free to send me a PM if you still can't figure it out.

The fix seems quite easy enough, although some pictures of the fix for EXENT's PCB would be appreciated. As for the customer/community issue, people are simply tired of long radio silences and long due deadlines (which we did not get a reason for missing them yet) and majority of us just want to get their boards in working condition. Thats probably not an issue if you've weeded out the dead PCBs already so we all will be happy in the end if none other issue surfaces.

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #1368 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 15:14:47 »

You're damn right we paid money for this board, and it should arrive perfect. I didn't pay a bunch of money and wait nearly a year for something I need to fix when I get it.  Sending a broken PCB is a pretty ****ty thing to do, and having the attitude that it's okay because it's "a community thing" a total slap in the face.

No changing it now, but, once again, you guys need to get your act together.

For a fix like this, I wouldn't have suggested you get the boards re-manufactured either, but if it's so simple, why didn't you guys do it?
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 November 2017, 15:17:11 by PancakeMSTR »

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #1369 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 15:29:00 »

You're damn right we paid money for this board, and it should arrive perfect. I didn't pay a bunch of money and wait nearly a year for something I need to fix when I get it.  Sending a broken PCB is a pretty ****ty thing to do, and having the attitude that it's okay because it's "a community thing" a total slap in the face.

No changing it now, but, once again, you guys need to get your act together.

For a fix like this, I wouldn't have suggested you get the boards re-manufactured either, but if it's so simple, why didn't you guys do it?

you should find a different hobby

Offline Traveler

« Reply #1370 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 15:44:22 »

I have to admit this is a good question. I know it would have probably made a noticeable delay in what is already late shipping, but it would have been more professional imo. This is going to be the first board I've ever soldered, so I really don't want to mess with LEDs on my first shot. Fortunately I ordered two PCBs, so hopefully the failure rate on these LED solder joints isn't high and at least one of my boards won't need repairing.

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #1371 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 15:53:39 »
Once again we're in a debate over to what standards group buys and/or group buy leaders should be held. My opinion is, if there is money floating around, a high degree of professionalism, reliability, and transparency is required. Anything less should be grounds for disqualification.

Here's the thing: every unprofessional group buy tarnishes the reliability of the group buy market as a whole. If group buys have a reputation for being badly run, then people will avoid them, which means every bad group buy costs every other group buy - potentially well run or otherwise - money. You, as the group buy leaders, have a vested interest in running group buys well.

But this being a moot point within the context of this group buy specifically, my suggestion is: You guys better put together a good goddamn tutorial on how to fix the LED and screw-in stabilizer issues with the PCBs. More than a link to a comment in some other random thread.
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 November 2017, 15:56:34 by PancakeMSTR »

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #1372 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 16:05:10 »

Ok.

So how does this work, I figure out how many dead LEDs I need to replace and you mail them to me? Or do you just compensate me for the part cost?

Offline eddible

« Reply #1373 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 16:06:21 »
Let’s face it, if the GB production had started on time there would have been time to return the PCBs to be fixed. But as it didn’t I suppose they didn’t really have much choice. It’s disappointing but I understand the decision.

As for the comment about us entering this without seeing it as a community endeavour, I can’t help but find that a little insulting. You sold this board/GB off the back of those involved. You don’t get to benefit from the names you attached to this GB without creating a certain level of expectation. I think we’ve all been very patient but I’d appreciate a little more understanding of where people’s frustration is coming from.

Offline Traveler

« Reply #1374 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 16:19:58 »
So how does this work, I figure out how many dead LEDs I need to replace and you mail them to me? Or do you just compensate me for the part cost?

From what I understand in the linked post it's not that the LEDs are actually dead, it's just that the solder joints aren't connected properly. So the fix is to reheat the solder next to the LED so it makes the connection with the board like it's supposed to. You can even add some extra solder if you want, but you need to be very careful with doing that. It's probably not advisable unless you need to.

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #1375 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 16:24:39 »
The RGB are all connected in series. If you have only 6 LEDs are working, that means you have a poor connection the 6th and the 7th LED. Reflow, the 6th and 7th LED will fix the issue. Unlike most PCB in this hobby, this is a PCB with the gold immersion surface finish. It's more expensive for sure and technically it's better.

My collection

More

Offline Gettys

« Reply #1376 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 17:21:31 »
All this bickering, I just want my keyboard  :-[

Offline Helldrop

« Reply #1377 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 17:32:42 »
Me too. I don’t care about this bickering. I just want to know when I can get my board.

Offline dead_pixel_design

• IIIV is not a Roman Numeral. Positive Vibes.
« Reply #1378 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 18:34:15 »
Is the Aug 9th update the most up to date info for right now?

Top case: Machining has been completed, anodizing is in progress. We had received of the gray parts, finishing isn't really up to our expectation, they were sent back for rework. The top part will be delivered in batches according to colors.

Bottom Polycarbonate: Machining in progress.

Bottom Aluminum: Will commence as soon as the machining for polycarbonate bottom is completed.

Plate brass: Fabrication in progress.

GMK set: Fabrication in progress.

Offline Data

« Reply #1379 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 18:55:14 »

Ok.

So yet another problem with the production, and you guys say "**** it, we'll do it live!"  Bill O'Reilly would be proud.   :rolleyes:

I can understand how that might be the path of least resistance given everything that's happened up to this point, but that doesn't make it OK.  It's true that I can probably fix a bad solder joint on my own.  But I shouldn't have to. 

The way you've (plural) handled this tells me I should never touch another project associated with codywanks, yuktsi, juahenza, RAMA, Originative, TGR, TARO, NTW, or ACENIC.  That's probably a little unfair to RAMA, among others, but it's clear now this is not a team that can get the job done in a timely, professional, and respectful manner.  Even if every single problem that's plagued this project was out of your control, it shows that you chose your partners/vendors poorly and you still shoulder 100% of the blame.  Why the hell would anyone want to work with you after this?

Thanks for at least trying to deliver something, I guess.  That's more than I can say for some of these failed GBs.   :(  Your brutal (if mildly insulting) honesty is also better than what we usually get in these situations: radio silence.  So there's something to be said for that too.  Trying to find a silver lining here...

Offline superdoedoe

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #1380 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 19:51:43 »

Ok.

So yet another problem with the production, and you guys say "**** it, we'll do it live!"  Bill O'Reilly would be proud.   :rolleyes:

I can understand how that might be the path of least resistance given everything that's happened up to this point, but that doesn't make it OK.  It's true that I can probably fix a bad solder joint on my own.  But I shouldn't have to. 

The way you've (plural) handled this tells me I should never touch another project associated with codywanks, yuktsi, juahenza, RAMA, Originative, TGR, TARO, NTW, or ACENIC.  That's probably a little unfair to RAMA, among others, but it's clear now this is not a team that can get the job done in a timely, professional, and respectful manner.  Even if every single problem that's plagued this project was out of your control, it shows that you chose your partners/vendors poorly and you still shoulder 100% of the blame.  Why the hell would anyone want to work with you after this?

Thanks for at least trying to deliver something, I guess.  That's more than I can say for some of these failed GBs.   :(  Your brutal (if mildly insulting) honesty is also better than what we usually get in these situations: radio silence.  So there's something to be said for that too.  Trying to find a silver lining here...

Don't blame RAMA, he only designed it and thats where hes relationship with it ends.

Offline Cerasis

« Reply #1381 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 19:57:38 »

I'm not quite affected by this issue so far, because i'll be using an alu bottom but why wasn't this issue only discussed when somebody from the community actually got theirs and told the problem? This should have been told as soon as this QC issue was discovered. This is another blow to the rep, if there is one, of this group buy. Data is also right, the people who joined the buy shouldn't be the one to fix QC issues, even if it is the path of least resistance and not delaying the buy another 2-3 months.

I'm pretty disappointed so far, the alu bottoms being machined is also far far delayed from the "this week or next week" statement a couple weeks back. I was hoping that i'd receive this board before the turn of the year but at this point it looks grim.
Bantam44 | M0116 | Miuni32 | EXENT | Un-novatouch'd Novatouch to be fixed

Offline Pwner

• * Maker
  • soon™
    • Ion Keyboards
« Reply #1382 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 21:49:45 »
It is quite disappointing that there is PCB issues and that we weren't told until it was too late.  And to add to that, I was in discord while the OP of the Reddit post was building his and he reflowed every led and the problem still exists, so there's that.

I don't even care at this point, I just want my board.
Ion | Keycult | Instagram

Offline gnarlsagan

• Billions and billions... of keycaps.
« Reply #1383 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 22:28:20 »
The RGB are all connected in series. If you have only 6 LEDs are working, that means you have a poor connection the 6th and the 7th LED. Reflow, the 6th and 7th LED will fix the issue. Unlike most PCB in this hobby, this is a PCB with the gold immersion surface finish. It's more expensive for sure and technically it's better.

I give a lot of leeway to group buy runners. Joined Round 6 like two years ago; still waiting on two Model Fs I purchased the beginning of 2016; and generally have no complaints about group buys that deliver the product advertised. 

I ordered four Exents. I went all in on SA Oblivion, SA Dasher, and GMK Laser specifically for these Exents. I have soldered quite a few boards, and I've also had issues with PCBs in the past that consumed a lot of my time and energy, and some PCBs I couldn't save.

I'm excited about this project, and I'm glad you guys have been working hard to bring it to fruition. However, if I receive four malfunctioning PCBs, I'll be contesting the original payment through my credit card company. I just don't personally have the time or energy to troubleshoot an issue that exists out of the box. It could be a simple fix, but it's possible and even probable based on the experience of the user here that troubleshooting may fail and require additional time and energy to diagnose. You are selling a product, and you should deliver that product, not a malfunctioning version of that product. I don't expect everyone to feel this way, and that's fine.

Please fix the PCBs yourselves before shipment, regardless of the delay caused. I hope that doesn't come off poorly, but I also don't think that this is at all an unreasonable position to take. Either way, thanks for the time and effort you have been putting into this group buy, and please continue to put in that same time and effort until the buy is complete.

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #1384 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 22:36:02 »

I give a lot of leeway to group buy runners. Joined Round 6 like two years ago; still waiting on two Model Fs I purchased the beginning of 2016; and generally have no complaints about group buys that deliver the product advertised. 

I ordered four Exents. I went all in on SA Oblivion, SA Dasher, and GMK Laser specifically for these Exents. I have soldered quite a few boards, and I've also had issues with PCBs in the past that consumed a lot of my time and energy, and some PCBs I couldn't save.

I'm excited about this project, and I'm glad you guys have been working hard to bring it to fruition. However, if I receive four malfunctioning PCBs, I'll be contesting the original payment through my credit card company. I just don't personally have the time or energy to troubleshoot an issue that exists out of the box. It could be a simple fix, but it's possible and even probable based on the experience of the user here that troubleshooting may fail and require additional time and energy to diagnose. You are selling a product, and you should deliver that product, not a malfunctioning version of that product. I don't expect everyone to feel this way, and that's fine.

Please fix the PCBs yourselves before shipment, regardless of the delay caused. I hope that doesn't come off poorly, but I also don't think that this is at all an unreasonable position to take. Either way, thanks for the time and effort you have been putting into this group buy, and please continue to put in that same time and effort until the buy is complete.

This, I feel like, should be the position of the entire community.

« Last Edit: Tue, 21 November 2017, 22:40:47 by PancakeMSTR »

Offline demorior

« Reply #1385 on: Tue, 21 November 2017, 22:53:23 »

agreed

Offline wongie

« Reply #1386 on: Wed, 22 November 2017, 03:21:22 »
Can orders that haven't been shipped out yet have these issues resolved first by you guys even if it means putting that order to the back of the dispatch queue?

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #1387 on: Wed, 22 November 2017, 03:38:02 »
Managed to pick up some of the machined bottoms before the factory closes. Will send them for anodizing on Friday. About 50% more are still in the law few processes of machining. Meanwhile, we are yet to hear back from the anodizing guy regarding the gray tops.

« Last Edit: Wed, 22 November 2017, 04:44:34 by yuktsi »

My collection

More

Offline yuktsi

• * Maker
« Reply #1388 on: Wed, 22 November 2017, 03:38:57 »
Can orders that haven't been shipped out yet have these issues resolved first by you guys even if it means putting that order to the back of the dispatch queue?
For the orders that haven’t been picked up. We will see what we can do.

My collection

More

Offline foxlive

« Reply #1389 on: Wed, 22 November 2017, 04:33:00 »

Yeah it would be nice. I am waiting for dark gray + alu bottom, if you could qc and fix the pcb related to this order and be sure it is 100% okay before it would be way better as we all assume you have time for this (I mean few solder to redo, we can do but, but if something went wrong you can act more quickly to fix it or replce the pcb than we can do after! And having everything for the keb with a grilled pcb would be VERY sad .. !)

Better wait a little and have it 100% opertional

Offline Pwner

• * Maker
  • soon™
    • Ion Keyboards
« Reply #1390 on: Wed, 22 November 2017, 04:53:12 »

I personally don't care to wait anymore, can you just ship me mine?  I'll deal with the pcb myself.
Ion | Keycult | Instagram

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #1391 on: Wed, 22 November 2017, 08:57:38 »
Are you planning on doing anything for those of us who's orders were shipped before being made aware at all of the PCB issues? Could you at least release the PCB files so that when we need to make new PCBs for our Exents we don't have to reverse engineer the thing, or are those files already available somewhere? Also, I've seen exactly zero information on how to customize the layout on this board, could we get some details on that?

However apparently small the issue with the PCBs, I find it incredibly insulting that we had to find out from a customer. Every name associated with this GB has forever lost my business.
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 November 2017, 09:03:31 by PancakeMSTR »

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #1392 on: Wed, 22 November 2017, 09:11:11 »
Every name associated with this GB has forever lost my business.

I hope Rama isn't included in this... Loveable guy :'(

Offline PancakeMSTR

« Reply #1393 on: Wed, 22 November 2017, 09:21:56 »

He absolutely is. Him most of all, perhaps.

You'll say Rama is just the designer, and I'll say how did we end up with our current leadership? Did Rama just say "hey whoever wants this, take it" or did he actively choose them? Either way, he can't be trusted to select capable leadership for the production of his designs. His name, attached to a project, is rendered meaningless.
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 November 2017, 09:27:04 by PancakeMSTR »

Offline Rogerwyf

« Reply #1394 on: Wed, 22 November 2017, 09:23:54 »

:'( I feel sorry for Rama

Offline Rogerwyf

« Reply #1395 on: Wed, 22 November 2017, 09:25:11 »

:cry:
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 November 2017, 13:40:55 by Rogerwyf »

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #1396 on: Wed, 22 November 2017, 09:36:02 »

You'll say Rama is just the designer, and I'll say how did we end up with our current leadership? Did Rama just say "hey whoever wants this, take it" or did he actively choose them? Either way, he can't be trusted to select capable leadership for the production of his designs. His name, attached to a project, is rendered meaningless.

To answer your questions:

Juahenza commissioned a design with Rama. It dates back a lot further than you think (originally called the M67, and first publicly teased August 2016). Juahenza chose Rama, not the other way around. Rama has absolutely nothing to do with this apart from the design.

I think the basis of most of your comments has been pretty reasonable, but grouping Rama with the actual buy runners is wrong.

Offline TerryMathews

« Reply #1397 on: Wed, 22 November 2017, 09:53:03 »

To answer your questions:

Juahenza commissioned a design with Rama. It dates back a lot further than you think (originally called the M67, and first publicly teased August 2016). Juahenza chose Rama, not the other way around. Rama has absolutely nothing to do with this apart from the design.

I think the basis of most of your comments has been pretty reasonable, but grouping Rama with the actual buy runners is wrong.

If RAMA was so hands-off with the buy, he probably should have objected to being included in all the marketing.

I mean for ****s sake, RAMA is engraved on the bottom. Let's call a spade a spade here: all these guys wanted their names on it because they thought it was going to be a slam dunk. Now that it's not, Sherry and RAMA especially want to separate themselves from it.

Doesn't work that way. In the future keep in mind if it bears your name, people will remember you for it good or bad.

Offline catweewee

• SINGA | singakbd.com
  • * Vendor
  • Yellows
« Reply #1398 on: Wed, 22 November 2017, 09:59:24 »
Are you planning on doing anything for those of us who's orders were shipped before being made aware at all of the PCB issues? Could you at least release the PCB files so that when we need to make new PCBs for our Exents we don't have to reverse engineer the thing, or are those files already available somewhere? Also, I've seen exactly zero information on how to customize the layout on this board, could we get some details on that?

However apparently small the issue with the PCBs, I find it incredibly insulting that we had to find out from a customer. Every name associated with this GB has forever lost my business.

The underglow smd issue is pretty common. Most common cause of it is a cold solder which happens quite often. Ive had it on winkeyless pcbs and leeku pcbs.

You dont need to go as far as to make your own pcbs.

As for customizing the layout, the pcb uses winkeyless’s bootmapper firmware. Im on my phone right now but you can google tutorials on how to customise it.

Offline foxlive

« Reply #1399 on: Wed, 22 November 2017, 10:02:42 »
Managed to pick up some of the machined bottoms before the factory closes. Will send them for anodizing on Friday. About 50% more are still in the law few processes of machining. Meanwhile, we are yet to hear back from the anodizing guy regarding the gray tops.

Show Image

Look beautiful! Thanks for the update. I hope the anodizing will go smooth on the dark gray.