Author Topic: Ducky One LED repair  (Read 2048 times)

Offline HappyDonuts

Ducky One LED repair
« on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 12:38:11 »
Hello!
A year ago I bought a Ducky One, and I've been super happy with it. The problem is that when I completely turn off the LEDs, some key LEDs remain on, but dimmer. I've already tried to replace the LEDs, but the problem persist. I've searched online, and didn't found a lot of info, some people having the same problem, but nothing more.
I've already tried to hard reset the keyboard (pressing Fn and F10 for some seconds).

Does anyone know what the problem could be? Maybe a burnt resistor?

Sorry about the quality, but I had tu turn off the lights in order to see the LEDs on.

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
Re: Ducky One LED repair
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 14:55:58 »
Hard to say for sure without seeing the PCB, and even then narrowing down the problem might prove difficult.
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline z3r0_k00l75

Re: Ducky One LED repair
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 06 April 2018, 15:14:06 »
The only time I've had a similar problem was when I installed the LED's and accidentally reversed the polarity. Can you check the polarity of those LED's?
Daily Drivers: GON NerD60 (PBT / Gateron Black / UV LED), GH60 Rev.C (PBT / Gateron Black), WASD Code VP3 (Stock / Cherry Clear / White LED), NPKC KC60 (DS PBT / Gateron Green / White LED), Adesso 625UB (White English-Russian Thick PBT/ Cherry Red), Quickfire Rapid (Vortex PBT / Cherry Black), Quickfire Rapid-I (Stock+o-rings / Cherry Red / Green LED), Leopold Otaku (Black Gray mixed Dolch Thick PBT / Cherry Red).