Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 4628 times)

Offline melonade

Hello!
« on: Tue, 16 January 2024, 14:01:34 »
What's up! I'm very new to keyboards (just got into the hobby almost a week ago) and I'm having a really great time with it so far. I saw a video on youtube talking about a forum for people who are into keyboards so I decided to join it today.

This is my first keyboard that I've ever custom built ever since getting into the hobby. (And my first mechanical keyboard, too.)
Epomaker Aura75 Case + Akko Lavender Purple V3 Pro Switches (and these cheap keycaps I got off amazon for like 20 bucks which aren't the BEST of quality but for their price, I really like them. The colors are nice, too.)
305574-0

I'm having a lot of fun researching about a bunch of different switches and cases and such.

Didn't have enough money for some lube but I'll save up for it, shouldn't take too long. I'm planning to get some krytox 205g0 but if anyone has any other recommendations please tell me :) I'm trying to learn as much as possible about this sorta stuff.

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 16 January 2024, 20:31:20 »
Welcome to geekhack :)

Glad to see you are enjoying the hobby.

For lubing switches, For beginners especially I recommend trybosys 3204 or 3203 along with getting the other stuff (brushes, switch opener etc), since 205g0 is quite thick and can result in overlubed switches if done improperly leading to more work to fix it. Plus 3204/3 is good enough for switches. Though I would recommend 205g0 for the housings of stabs (not the wires)

One thing I would also recommend experimenting with is what spring weight you like the most, would recommend buying tx springs (Since they are consistent, pretty nice and affordable) starting from around 57-60g Medium, and then going up and down in weighting depending on if it's too heavy or too light, and then change the length if needed.
fjell | hhkb bt