Author Topic: [GB] Noxary X60 V1  (Read 458211 times)

Offline WNovizar

Re: [GB] X60 (HHKB/WKL/60)
« Reply #350 on: Thu, 14 July 2016, 22:18:39 »
Well, yeah I did. I am just unlucky I guess.
I like mechanical keyboards

Offline GiveCandyy

« Reply #351 on: Thu, 14 July 2016, 22:24:11 »
what is this second edition  :eek:
I wish it wasn't soon

Offline Malenky

« Reply #352 on: Thu, 14 July 2016, 22:45:34 »
what is this second edition  :eek:

I'm guessing it's just for those of us that didn't get into the original 30 and won't have engraving or number or something.

Offline SevenU

• Grimace is Black
« Reply #353 on: Thu, 14 July 2016, 23:10:08 »
Well, yeah I did. I am just unlucky I guess.
I'm not sure, but it still looks like there's fours slots left.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Something, Something, blah, blah, blahbitty, blah

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #354 on: Fri, 15 July 2016, 11:53:42 »
Didn't provide an update yesterday because I was taking care of some other stuff, so here it is today:
  • I've extended the standard edition to 30 Original Editions and 30 others, name is pending.
  • This means 10 new spots, and with the 2 left over from the originals that means 12. I've assigned 8 of these already to friends, people that I have seen around, and a couple randoms.
  • The 4 other spots may be assigned to people that have submitted a form, but as before I can't allow everyone due to limitations. I'm up to 70 which is an insane number.
  • Second Edition is just a placeholder name for now. I want to keep the original 30 as I really want the engraving 6/30 and this was the original plan.
The update that applies to everyone is that: I'm awaiting new quotes for the now 70 from the factory, and I'm also waiting for conformation that we're good to go on the production of the 3 prototypes.  The email was sent on the 13th and I'm expecting numbers on the 18th.

Offline Diokhan

« Reply #355 on: Fri, 15 July 2016, 12:05:42 »
Didn't provide an update yesterday because I was taking care of some other stuff, so here it is today:
  • I've extended the standard edition to 30 Original Editions and 30 others, name is pending.
  • This means 10 new spots, and with the 2 left over from the originals that means 12. I've assigned 8 of these already to friends, people that I have seen around, and a couple randoms.
  • The 4 other spots may be assigned to people that have submitted a form, but as before I can't allow everyone due to limitations. I'm up to 70 which is an insane number.
  • Second Edition is just a placeholder name for now. I want to keep the original 30 as I really want the engraving 6/30 and this was the original plan.
The update that applies to everyone is that: I'm awaiting new quotes for the now 70 from the factory, and I'm also waiting for conformation that we're good to go on the production of the 3 prototypes.  The email was sent on the 13th and I'm expecting numbers on the 18th.

Hey thanks for the update!

Will the color samples be coming with the prototype? :)

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #356 on: Fri, 15 July 2016, 13:48:05 »
The majority of colors, yes. I am getting one hard anodized instead of the regular anodizing however.

Offline kenlee

« Reply #357 on: Fri, 15 July 2016, 20:21:08 »
The majority of colors, yes. I am getting one hard anodized instead of the regular anodizing however.

It sounds great and what color of hard anodized  you ask for factoy.

Offline PriusProblems

• No ISO, no interest.
« Reply #358 on: Sun, 17 July 2016, 15:42:11 »
Will the colour samples be shown before the group buy is over? I'm on the fence about purchasing a case, but if the colours are just right then I may have to.

Offline Diokhan

« Reply #359 on: Sun, 17 July 2016, 15:49:24 »
Will the colour samples be shown before the group buy is over? I'm on the fence about purchasing a case, but if the colours are just right then I may have to.
I think they will be made in same factory as the tgr Jane. So you can check those colors

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #360 on: Sun, 17 July 2016, 16:04:53 »
It sounds great and what color of hard anodized  you ask for factoy.
Dark Gray.

The color samples will be available as soon as I get them. I won't take the remainder of peoples payments before colors and the prototypes are shown.

I think they will be made in same factory as the tgr Jane. So you can check those colors
Although made in the same factory as the TGR, colors are not accurate to mine.

For color references of what I want:
  • Black - Black/Jane CE
  • Dark Gray - KMAC Happy Dark Gray
  • Silver - iPhone 6s
  • Gold - iPhone 6s
  • Red - KMAC Happy Red

Offline brighenne

« Reply #361 on: Sun, 17 July 2016, 16:10:15 »

Maybe enough people will drop out, but I believe all spots are taken.

Offline SevenU

• Grimace is Black
« Reply #362 on: Sun, 17 July 2016, 17:22:13 »

Maybe enough people will drop out, but I believe all spots are taken.
Yeah, tried joining in on the second round of it, but I don't believe I got in on it (or I didnt see the e-mail). Very sad about it because I wanted it to be my first custom.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #363 on: Sun, 17 July 2016, 17:34:10 »
There are still 4 spots available that I have no idea what I'm doing with. Maybe charity auctions, maybe giveaways - who knows. For the people that didn't get in: it's highly likely that a few spots will become available as others cannot pay. These will be given out first come, first serve to others that have already filled in a form. If you're in, your name is on the public spreadsheet. If it isn't, then you didn't. I'm sure if I get this right then there will be future rounds and/or editions.

Offline Malenky

« Reply #364 on: Sun, 17 July 2016, 17:48:05 »
There are still 4 spots available that I have no idea what I'm doing with. Maybe charity auctions, maybe giveaways - who knows. For the people that didn't get in: it's highly likely that a few spots will become available as others cannot pay. These will be given out first come, first serve to others that have already filled in a form. If you're in, your name is on the public spreadsheet. If it isn't, then you didn't. I'm sure if I get this right then there will be future rounds and/or editions.

If people drop out of the first 30, will us in the 'above 30' groups get bumped up to get a numbered one?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #365 on: Sun, 17 July 2016, 17:57:16 »
If people drop out of the first 30, will us in the 'above 30' groups get bumped up to get a numbered one?
Correct. There will be no transferring of places as I feel its unfair. For example, if #10 drops out, the first Second Edition will be moved to #10.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #366 on: Mon, 18 July 2016, 06:00:08 »
Expecting an update any time soon really.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #367 on: Mon, 18 July 2016, 07:19:30 »
I should be getting final confirmation and an invoice tomorrow for the prototypes. Lead time is ~2 weeks, and with shipping it'll be about the 8th or so.

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #368 on: Mon, 18 July 2016, 09:37:13 »
I should be getting final confirmation and an invoice tomorrow for the prototypes. Lead time is ~2 weeks, and with shipping it'll be about the 8th or so.

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to seeing the proto's  :thumb:

Offline RobotMalcolmX

• hackerman
« Reply #369 on: Mon, 18 July 2016, 09:44:43 »
HYPE TRAIN

Offline SevenU

• Grimace is Black
« Reply #370 on: Mon, 18 July 2016, 11:13:26 »
Sad Train...

Offline PriusProblems

• No ISO, no interest.
« Reply #371 on: Mon, 18 July 2016, 11:53:27 »

Okay, I might just wait for a future round anyway. Would the cases in future rounds be pretty much identical (i.e. the simple wedge shape) to these ones?

Offline megaforce

« Reply #372 on: Mon, 18 July 2016, 14:22:06 »
Late to the party, but filled out a form :)
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline deduction

• unix layout zealot
« Reply #373 on: Mon, 18 July 2016, 20:46:43 »
Late to the party, but filled out a form :)

Same!  Really hope i'm not too late.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #374 on: Wed, 20 July 2016, 09:51:24 »
The 3 prototypes have been paid for. A estimation/guideline figure is 2 weeks for production and 1 more for shipment. I'll get more accurate numbers soon as they are available.

Offline SixtyLife

« Reply #375 on: Wed, 20 July 2016, 11:16:41 »
The 3 prototypes have been paid for. A estimation/guideline figure is 2 weeks for production and 1 more for shipment. I'll get more accurate numbers soon as they are available.
awesome. thanks for the update  :thumb:
Kishsaver, JP SSK, Displaywriter SSK, 360C, HHKB Type S, X60, Jane v2, Jane v2 CE

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #376 on: Wed, 20 July 2016, 17:43:18 »
Can anyone clarify what are the bottom rows possible with the hhkb top plate? Is it just 1-1.5-7-1.5-1, and 1.25-1.25-6.25-1.25-1.25-1.25?

Offline SixtyLife

« Reply #377 on: Wed, 20 July 2016, 18:15:46 »
Can anyone clarify what are the bottom rows possible with the hhkb top plate? Is it just 1-1.5-7-1.5-1, and 1.25-1.25-6.25-1.25-1.25-1.25?
I would guess just 1-1.5-7-1.5-1 with the blockers covering 1.5 on each side
Kishsaver, JP SSK, Displaywriter SSK, 360C, HHKB Type S, X60, Jane v2, Jane v2 CE

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #378 on: Wed, 20 July 2016, 18:18:35 »

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #379 on: Wed, 20 July 2016, 20:33:52 »

Show Image

Got it thank you. So HHKB top should only be compatible with the 1-1.5-7 set up.

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #380 on: Wed, 20 July 2016, 22:12:43 »
Hey xondat,

Do we know yet for sure if there will be a ANSI only plate option available for the extra plates?
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #381 on: Thu, 21 July 2016, 07:43:57 »
Hey xondat,

Do we know yet for sure if there will be a ANSI only plate option available for the extra plates?
The problem with having two plate designs is that instead of 6 options, there are 12. It makes it more complicated and more expensive. Once I get the prototypes and build one, I'll see if I think it's worth making dedicated plates.

What benefits would an ANSI only plate give over the universal plate? I think I know why but would love to get your opinion too.

Offline brighenne

« Reply #382 on: Thu, 21 July 2016, 11:03:38 »
I just noticed that the first post updated to list the carbon edition weights as black anodized aluminum. Is there any chance I could swap it for brass or buy a separate brass weight? My preference is the heavier the better.

Also, are you still planning to run a buy for a 75% in this style after this one?
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 July 2016, 11:06:16 by brighenne »

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #383 on: Thu, 21 July 2016, 12:01:18 »
Im confused about the Weight being aluminum too tbh, but I don't really mind it being aluminum I guess.

Can't brass be anodized, or why was it changed to aluminum?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #384 on: Thu, 21 July 2016, 12:17:49 »
Also, are you still planning to run a buy for a 75% in this style after this one?
Yes, if everything goes well then expect around September. Funds from this buy are being used to prototype that too.

I just noticed that the first post updated to list the carbon edition weights as black anodized aluminum. Is there any chance I could swap it for brass or buy a separate brass weight? My preference is the heavier the better.
Brass nor stainless steel can be anodized which is why it's aluminum. I'm having second thoughts about though so I will either:
  • Keep it how it is
  • Delete the weight cutout
  • Give the option to purchase an additional weight (brass)
I'll contact all the people down for a carbon edition once I know if I'll make any changes.

Offline brighenne

« Reply #385 on: Thu, 21 July 2016, 12:34:39 »
Brass nor stainless steel can be anodized which is why it's aluminum. I'm having second thoughts about though so I will either:
  • Keep it how it is
I'll contact all the people down for a carbon edition once I know if I'll make any changes.

From a design perspective, it seems very odd to make a cut out just to replace it with the exact same material in the exact same finish. Defeats the purpose of adding the weight and just adds to the machining cost for no functional benefit and very little aesthetic benefit. That is, if it's going to be black anodized aluminum anyway, leave it as one solid piece. That seems to betray the premium nature of the carbon edition, though.

That said, I understand the all black aesthetic you're looking for, so I'd probably suggest another finishing method for a brass or stainless weight. Powder coat, cerakote, and black chrome plating all come to mind.

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #386 on: Thu, 21 July 2016, 12:39:55 »
  • Keep it how it is

From a design perspective, it seems very odd to make a cut out just to replace it with the exact same material in the exact same finish. Defeats the purpose of adding the weight and just adds to the machining cost for no functional benefit and very little aesthetic benefit. That is, if it's going to be black anodized aluminum anyway, leave it as one solid piece. That seems to betray the premium nature of the carbon edition, though.

That said, I understand the all black aesthetic you're looking for, so I'd probably suggest another finishing method for a brass or stainless weight. Powder coat, cerakote, and black chrome plating all come to mind.
Black Chrome Plating sounds tasty

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #387 on: Thu, 21 July 2016, 12:48:35 »
  • From a design perspective, it seems very odd to make a cut out just to replace it with the exact same material in the exact same finish. Defeats the purpose of adding the weight and just adds to the machining cost for no functional benefit and very little aesthetic benefit.
  • That is, if it's going to be black anodized aluminum anyway, leave it as one solid piece. That seems to betray the premium nature of the carbon edition, though.
  • That said, I understand the all black aesthetic you're looking for, so I'd probably suggest another finishing method for a brass or stainless weight. Powder coat, cerakote, and black chrome plating all come to mind.
  • Absolutely agree with you on this.
  • This is why I haven't already made the switch, there needs to be something more than just the plate.
  • The only problem with having two different finishes is that it won't be the same.
Perhaps having a weight that is just inside would make more sense? You get the aesthetic of a blacked out case but still get the weight of the weight inside.

Offline mrkevint

• OK.
« Reply #388 on: Thu, 21 July 2016, 13:05:03 »
  • From a design perspective, it seems very odd to make a cut out just to replace it with the exact same material in the exact same finish. Defeats the purpose of adding the weight and just adds to the machining cost for no functional benefit and very little aesthetic benefit.
  • That is, if it's going to be black anodized aluminum anyway, leave it as one solid piece. That seems to betray the premium nature of the carbon edition, though.
  • That said, I understand the all black aesthetic you're looking for, so I'd probably suggest another finishing method for a brass or stainless weight. Powder coat, cerakote, and black chrome plating all come to mind.
  • Absolutely agree with you on this.
  • This is why I haven't already made the switch, there needs to be something more than just the plate.
  • The only problem with having two different finishes is that it won't be the same.
Perhaps having a weight that is just inside would make more sense? You get the aesthetic of a blacked out case but still get the weight of the weight inside.

Personally, I would like to have the weight be visible. Maybe you could use a stainless steel weight to differentiate the Carbon Edition from the Original Edition? I think that the silver color would be a nice contrast from the black case. Or is it your goal to have everything blacked out?

Will the Carbon Edition and Original Edition's black color be the same?
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 July 2016, 13:17:29 by mrkevint »

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #389 on: Thu, 21 July 2016, 13:15:31 »
I think going no weight cutout or non visible from the outside would feel like a downgrade of the carbon version compared to the original.

I wouldn't mind going with a different finish like powder coated at all tho.
Mixed black finishes can  look really well imo like mixing flat and glossy surfaces.

Other finish options like nickel plating would be awesome aswell , and while not being blacked out maintain a color neutral aesthetic.

I personally would prefer ditching the full blackout if it is in favor of a more premium solution.

Offline brighenne

« Reply #390 on: Thu, 21 July 2016, 13:25:34 »
I think going no weight cutout or non visible from the outside would feel like a downgrade of the carbon version compared to the original.

I wouldn't mind going with a different finish like powder coated at all tho.
Mixed black finishes can  look really well imo like mixing flat and glossy surfaces.

Other finish options like nickel plating would be awesome aswell , and while not being blacked out maintain a color neutral aesthetic.

I personally would prefer ditching the full blackout if it is in favor of a more premium solution.

I agree on all points here. In particular, a gloss black weight on the media blasted anodized case would look quite nice, I think.

Or if you're set on one uniform finish, I guess we just need to do the whole thing in black chrome :) (edit-I know this is unrealistic because black chrome plating is $$$)
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 July 2016, 13:27:40 by brighenne »

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #391 on: Thu, 21 July 2016, 13:32:15 »
Personally, I would like to have the weight be visible. Maybe you could use a stainless steel weight to differentiate the Carbon Edition from the Original Edition? I think that the silver color would be a nice contrast from the black case. Or is it your goal to have everything blacked out?

Will the Carbon Edition and Original Edition's black color be the same?
A Stainless Steel weight instead of the black aluminum weight could work, I like the idea of the contrast. The original idea was to have blackout but this could also work.

The black colors are the same.

• I think going no weight cutout or non visible from the outside would feel like a downgrade of the carbon version compared to the original.
  • I wouldn't mind going with a different finish like powder coated at all tho.
  • Other finish options like nickel plating would be awesome aswell , and while not being blacked out maintain a color neutral aesthetic.
  • I personally would prefer ditching the full blackout if it is in favor of a more premium solution.
  • I agree, I don't want make the flagship anything less than the standard models.
  • The different finishes would bug me infinitely and I'm not sure I'd be alright with this.
  • I think a stainless steel weight would be of highest priority if material/finish changes.
  • I think it's a worthy sacrifice to have something more premium rather than matching colors.

Or if you're set on one uniform finish, I guess we just need to do the whole thing in black chrome :) (edit-I know this is unrealistic because black chrome plating is $$$)
This would cost far too much to be reasonable, plus the aesthetic would be something that I don't want.

Offline brighenne

« Reply #392 on: Thu, 21 July 2016, 16:55:34 »
It sounds like the SS weight is the best option for everyone. Is the only deterrent the desire for blackout, or are there cost/manufacturing/other concerns?

Personally, I would probably want to switch from carbon to an original/standard if my only option is the aluminum 'weight'...and I was ecstatic when I found out that I had gotten Carbon #1.

As an aside, what do you mean by purple sliders in your WTB post? Zealios or novatouch?
« Last Edit: Thu, 21 July 2016, 16:57:31 by brighenne »

Offline mrkevint

• OK.
« Reply #393 on: Thu, 21 July 2016, 17:39:03 »
It sounds like the SS weight is the best option for everyone. Is the only deterrent the desire for blackout, or are there cost/manufacturing/other concerns?

Personally, I would probably want to switch from carbon to an original/standard if my only option is the aluminum 'weight'...and I was ecstatic when I found out that I had gotten Carbon #1.

As an aside, what do you mean by purple sliders in your WTB post? Zealios or novatouch?

Yeah I think that a stainless steel weight with an interesting finish would be ideal.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that xondat is looking for the purple sliders that come with a factory silenced Realforce. The sliders are slightly longer than the stock ones to accommodate the silencing rings without detracting from the tactility. I want to get some for my HHKB but I can't justify buying a Realforce just for them lol.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #394 on: Thu, 21 July 2016, 18:40:11 »

Price probably will go up due to the low volume of SS weights, but I will check.

Purple sliders are the stems found in a silenced Realforce board - the stems are slightly longer than normal to accommodate for the silencing ring, therefore keeping travel the same distance as stock.

I will message everyone that is down for a carbon edition and ask if the change is okay with everyone.

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
[GB] X60 (HHKB/WKL/60)
« Reply #395 on: Thu, 21 July 2016, 20:19:18 »
I'm still uncertain which option to chose tbh.

Stainless could be pretty nice in terms of aesthetics.

However even stainless steel is not fully rust proof depending on the kind of steel, finish etc.

I've seen surface rust on stainless before so I'm slightly scared to vote for raw stainless.
In adition stainless is still less heavy then brass.

Brass is actually really nice but wouldn't make the carbon edition stand out enough compared to original.

In my opinion the only real solution would be to go for nickel plated brass or something similar.

Nickel plating was actually considered a while ago, and this way there wouldn't be any downsides.
You would get color neutral stainless like asthetics, no risk of rust, same wait as brass and an overall very premium feel.

Even if it increases carbon prices it would honestly feel like the best choice to me, since it's supposed to be the premium edition.

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #396 on: Thu, 21 July 2016, 20:29:19 »
I'm still uncertain which option to chose tbh.

Stainless could be pretty nice in terms of aesthetics.

However even stainless steel is not fully rust proof depending on the kind of steel, finish etc.

I've seen surface rust on stainless before so I'm slightly scared to vote for raw stainless.
In adition stainless is still less heavy then brass.

Brass is actually really nice but wouldn't make the carbon edition stand out enough compared to original.

In my opinion the only real solution would be to go for nickel plated brass or something similar.

Nickel plating was actually considered a while ago, and this way there wouldn't be any downsides.
You would get color neutral stainless like asthetics, no risk of rust, same wait as brass and an overall very premium feel.

Even if it increases carbon prices it would honestly feel like the best choice to me, since it's supposed to be the premium edition.

I wouldn't mind paying extra to maintain the premium feel of the Carbon edition as well.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #397 on: Thu, 21 July 2016, 20:30:24 »
  • However even stainless steel is not fully rust proof depending on the kind of steel, finish etc.
  • In adition stainless is still less heavy then brass.
  • In my opinion the only real solution would be to go for nickel plated brass or something similar.
  • I'll speak to the factory about this.
  • The weight difference isn't that much 818g (SS) vs 867g (Brass) (6061 is 267g).
  • Nickel plating was considered but I was persuaded by yuktsi to not do it as the result isn't as nice as anyone would want.

Offline brighenne

« Reply #398 on: Thu, 21 July 2016, 21:12:28 »
I actually think that brass is the best option for the weight as it ages well and is slightly heavier, but agreed on the lack of differentiation. I'm not really a big fan of nickel plating as I don't like the way it tarnishes yellow or how it handles fingerprints.

I can't imagine corrosion is a huge concern sitting on a desk unless you live near an ocean and you frequently have your windows open. You could go with 316 stainless and be virtually worry free, I would think.

Offline SixtyLife

« Reply #399 on: Thu, 21 July 2016, 21:23:51 »
isn't the carbon fiber plate the main differentiator anyways? can't imagine people being upset at having a brass weight like some filthy commoner