Author Topic: [GB] Noxary X60 V1  (Read 458207 times)

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
Re: [GB] X60
« Reply #1000 on: Sun, 27 November 2016, 11:18:51 »

I think I'm going to have the spacing matched for the inner engravings, and make sure the X60 is identical on both sides.

Are you referring to the padding around the X60 branding or the positioning of the branding. Of its the prior, yes, I think the padding around X60 should be identical on both sides. If you're referring to the positioning, an offset X60 logo will look odd without the text on the left.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #1001 on: Sun, 27 November 2016, 11:20:31 »
Are you referring to the padding around the X60 branding or the positioning of the branding. Of its the prior, yes, I think the padding around X60 should be identical on both sides. If you're referring to the positioning, an offset X60 logo will look odd without the text on the left.
I meant the spacing of the text, as the NOXARY is more spaced out compared to the other text.

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #1002 on: Sun, 27 November 2016, 11:33:39 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

This is the layout I'm going to stick with. I think I'm going to have the spacing matched for the inner engravings, and make sure the X60 is identical on both sides. Obviously it's a mockup so it's slightly wonky. Also not sure on whether it should be "Limited to 100" or "Limited to 100 cases", so comment on that too.

I'm going to have each design prototyped and shipped with all parts and then approve the full production instead of taking the gamble and hoping it looks nice. Unfortunately this will push it into shipping next year, which is obviously a disappointment, but I don't want to screw this up. Thanks for the continued support and patience.

Glad to see an update on the weight design! =)

I'm sorry to bring this up, but to be perfectly honest I'm not a fan of the font used and the way it's layed out tho.

I think a slightly wider an less tall font would work a lot better with the width of the weight, especially on the bottom side aswell as look more aesthetically pleasing overall.

Imo placing the logo off center on the bottom following the golden cut/ratio could improve things aswell.

To me it looks like a pretty square logo slapped in the middle of the rather long weight.

Just my two cents of course, so if no one shares my opinion I'm ok with that.
Not trying to cause trouble here just my honest opinion.

Incase it's appreciated I would gladly create a mockup of what I'm imagining in terms of layout.

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #1003 on: Sun, 27 November 2016, 11:39:45 »
I meant the spacing of the text, as the NOXARY is more spaced out compared to the other text.
I think the letter spacing is ok, I would however change the font weight of "NOXARY". Perhaps add a little weight to emphasize the branding.

If changing the font weight is out of the question, then yes, unify the letter spacing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Offline Jemaunji

« Reply #1004 on: Sun, 27 November 2016, 16:12:34 »
I think that weight design looks clean.

Offline logomachy

« Reply #1005 on: Sun, 27 November 2016, 16:36:42 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

This is the layout I'm going to stick with. I think I'm going to have the spacing matched for the inner engravings, and make sure the X60 is identical on both sides. Obviously it's a mockup so it's slightly wonky. Also not sure on whether it should be "Limited to 100" or "Limited to 100 cases", so comment on that too.

I'm going to have each design prototyped and shipped with all parts and then approve the full production instead of taking the gamble and hoping it looks nice. Unfortunately this will push it into shipping next year, which is obviously a disappointment, but I don't want to screw this up. Thanks for the continued support and patience.

Glad to see an update on the weight design! =)

I'm sorry to bring this up, but to be perfectly honest I'm not a fan of the font used and the way it's layed out tho.

I think a slightly wider an less tall font would work a lot better with the width of the weight, especially on the bottom side aswell as look more aesthetically pleasing overall.

Imo placing the logo off center on the bottom following the golden cut/ratio could improve things aswell.

To me it looks like a pretty square logo slapped in the middle of the rather long weight.

Just my two cents of course, so if no one shares my opinion I'm ok with that.
Not trying to cause trouble here just my honest opinion.

Incase it's appreciated I would gladly create a mockup of what I'm imagining in terms of layout.

I agree. Off center bottom logo.
Maybe left aligned inside text without variable spacing.
And LIMITED EDITION OF 100 imo

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #1006 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 05:52:05 »
If you could demonstrate this in paint or something, that'd be great. Not too sure what you are going for, but it's certainly not the direction I'm taking it.

I agree. Off center bottom logo.
Maybe left aligned inside text without variable spacing.
As above, a crappy paint mockup would help here in visualizing it.

I think the letter spacing is ok, I would however change the font weight of "NOXARY". Perhaps add a little weight to emphasize the branding.
Got it - good idea.

Offline Damonskv

« Reply #1007 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 06:54:08 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

man, thanks for hard work for community  :thumb: :thumb:

Can I make a small suggestion?
For my it seems to me a little unnatural arrangement of the font stretched vertically on such big horisontal space, it may cost a little stretch horizontally?

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #1008 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 06:57:56 »
If you could demonstrate this in paint or something, that'd be great. Not too sure what you are going for, but it's certainly not the direction I'm taking it.

Sure! Here's a quick and dirty mockup, to illustrate what I was refering to.  :)

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #1009 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 07:07:43 »

Sure! Here's a quick and dirty mockup, to illustrate what I was refering to.  :)

Show Image

Show Image

Im personally not a big fan of the off center logo. But widening the inner lettering seems like a good idea.

Only thing im worried about is the increased time. Xond spent quite a while finding the one he likes, and he landed on this one which is pretty nice to be honest. Im a fan of the design and the logo, but the widening for the inner weight seems like a decent idea.

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #1010 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 07:14:30 »
Im personally not a big fan of the off center logo. But widening the inner lettering seems like a good idea.

Only thing im worried about is the increased time. Xond spent quite a while finding the one he likes, and he landed on this one which is pretty nice to be honest. Im a fan of the design and the logo, but the widening for the inner weight seems like a decent idea.

The off center logo comes down to personal preference I guess.
My main point was going with a wider font / letter spacing to fit better with the huge horizontal space of the weight, just as you mentioned aswell.

Heres a centered version for refference :)

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
  • "You miss 100% of the shots you take." -S. Trooper
« Reply #1011 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 07:44:36 »
When do you expect to see a final prototype of the weight xondat?
Halifax, NS Meetup | "I know you'll come back to me, I'm like a good kind of herpes, I'm impossible to get rid of." - 27
67g Zilent V2 M60-A | BKE Redux HHKB Professional 2 | 62g Silent Black Planck | 62g Vint Black Tex Yoda II | Bolt-Modded Model M 1391301

Offline pace8500

« Reply #1012 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 07:47:47 »

My main point was going with a wider font / letter spacing to fit better with the huge horizontal space of the weight, just as you mentioned aswell.

Heres a centered version for refference :)

Show Image

Great work with the mock ups but I much prefer the original font to this. It has something distinctive about it that I like.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #1013 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 07:55:13 »
Sure! Here's a quick and dirty mockup, to illustrate what I was referring to.  :)

Show Image

Show Image

Unfortunately to some, the font isn't going to change. The things that can change is the weight, the spacing, and the layout of the text. I'm not a fan of the offset X60, it just looks out of place and holds no purpose. Thanks for the mockups.

Can I make a small suggestion?
For my it seems to me a little unnatural arrangement of the font stretched vertically on such big horizontal space, it may cost a little stretch horizontally?

Show Image

I don't think stretching the font would look as nice; perhaps increasing the spacing to give the appearance of a longer font may work. I'll come back with some alternate spacing and give that a go.

Only thing I'm worried about is the increased time. xondat spent quite a while finding the one he likes, and he landed on this one which is pretty nice to be honest. I'm a fan of the design and the logo, but the widening for the inner weight seems like a decent idea.
3 months in and I found the font (and complete design) I like, so I think spacing is the one thing that can change at this time.

My main point was going with a wider font / letter spacing to fit better with the huge horizontal space of the weight, just as you mentioned as well.

Here's a centered version for reference :)

Show Image

As said above, I think increasing the spacing is the way forward here.

I'll send over the feedback I got here and get a final design soon, hopefully. After that it's a 1-3 week sample production. The sample weights will ship with the finished parts, so up to 4 weeks from when I get the final design I'd say.

I'm not too sure if this has been shared, but this is the final logo and branding that I'll be using in the future. Spacing and weight can change, but we'll keep playing around with the weights.

Offline wodan

« Reply #1014 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 08:00:39 »

*nods*

I'm glad 7bit taught me patience. Linearity of time is cruel

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #1015 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 10:47:56 »
Typography 101 - Never distort a typeface. Adjust letter-spacing, kerning, and weight... If that still doesn't do it, find another typeface.

Offline loud_asian

« Reply #1016 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 10:50:38 »
The original looks best imo
EM7 | Nunu | Virgo | Salamander | SS AEK64

Offline smittysteve

• Tea > Coffee. Clack > Thwock.
« Reply #1017 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 11:07:30 »
The original looks best imo

Agreed. I quite like the look of the original plate.

My vote is for "Limited to 100" or "Limited Edition - 100 Cases" and again, like the typeface you've gone with there.

Thanks for the chance to give input, Xondat.

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #1018 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 11:12:59 »
Here's my layout suggestion sans your font choice, can't seem to find it.

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #1019 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 11:24:11 »

Show Image

Love it! Huge improvement compared to the original imo.

Offline SixtyLife

« Reply #1020 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 11:32:15 »

Show Image

+1 great job, love this
Kishsaver, JP SSK, Displaywriter SSK, 360C, HHKB Type S, X60, Jane v2, Jane v2 CE

Offline pexon

• * Maker
  • El Jefe of Sleeving
    • Pexon PCs
« Reply #1021 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 12:01:34 »

Show Image

Something like that looks a lot cleaner imo

Offline RobotMalcolmX

• hackerman
« Reply #1022 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 12:03:40 »

Show Image

And would pair really well with a pexon cable...

Offline brighenne

« Reply #1023 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 12:39:40 »

http://i.imgur.com/AwTx9d1.jpg

:thumb:

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
  • "You miss 100% of the shots you take." -S. Trooper
« Reply #1024 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 12:42:39 »

Show Image

This would be clean as hell with xondat's typeface. And do something like Carbon Edition 01/10, Founder Edition 01/30, Standard Edition X/100 so it keeps the same form but standard isn't numbered (use xondat's X he uses in Noxary and X60)
Halifax, NS Meetup | "I know you'll come back to me, I'm like a good kind of herpes, I'm impossible to get rid of." - 27
67g Zilent V2 M60-A | BKE Redux HHKB Professional 2 | 62g Silent Black Planck | 62g Vint Black Tex Yoda II | Bolt-Modded Model M 1391301

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #1025 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 12:50:09 »

Show Image

This would be clean as hell with xondat's typeface. And do something like Carbon Edition 01/10, Founder Edition 01/30, Standard Edition X/100 so it keeps the same form but standard isn't numbered (use xondat's X he uses in Noxary and X60)

My plan was to hunt down the font that Xondat's designer used as I like it as well... But, alas, my patience grew thin  :rolleyes:

Offline loud_asian

« Reply #1026 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 12:50:35 »

Show Image

that pretty ****in neato, I think I like this one more

Offline Jemaunji

« Reply #1027 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 12:52:02 »

Show Image

I'm really digging this one too.

Offline pexon

• * Maker
  • El Jefe of Sleeving
    • Pexon PCs
« Reply #1028 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 13:17:20 »

Show Image

And would pair really well with a pexon cable...

:3

Offline jessica

• Formerly CuteDreamsOfYou & Brazzers
  • HHKB is the only good layout
« Reply #1029 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 14:11:51 »

Show Image

Hopping on the bandwagon here, that looks stellar. Xondat, I think the opinion is clear here :P

Offline lishi

• Luxury Taste Buds
    • Personal Website
« Reply #1030 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 14:45:48 »
Typography 101 - Never distort a typeface. Adjust letter-spacing, kerning, and weight... If that still doesn't do it, find another typeface.

Yes, please never distort a typeface!
All the kustom 60s

Offline Khers

• Schrödinger's box
« Reply #1031 on: Mon, 28 November 2016, 15:50:58 »

Show Image

I like this!

Offline Gatix

• #!/bin/sh
  • console.log
« Reply #1032 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 09:26:41 »

Show Image

This is awesome. I like this one a lot better

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #1033 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 10:04:12 »

Show Image

Killer  :thumb:

Offline fendent

• * Maker
« Reply #1034 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 10:13:32 »

Show Image

This looks really nice

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1035 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 10:32:27 »
I'm also a fan of that design, and I'm not even in this GB.  :))

Offline RobotMalcolmX

• hackerman
« Reply #1036 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 10:37:19 »
I'm also a fan of that design, and I'm not even in this GB.  :))

That's how you know it's good.

Offline pace8500

« Reply #1037 on: Tue, 29 November 2016, 10:47:40 »
If anyone wants to swap their Black or Gray HHKB case for my Black 60% case then let me know.

The chances are slim but it's worth a try!
« Last Edit: Tue, 29 November 2016, 10:58:33 by pace8500 »

Offline Jumie

« Reply #1038 on: Wed, 30 November 2016, 01:15:56 »
Btw is this going to have a diffuser?

Offline loud_asian

« Reply #1039 on: Wed, 30 November 2016, 01:17:19 »

no xondat mentioned that the diffuser was scrapped

his prototype also doesn't have one

Offline wodan

« Reply #1040 on: Wed, 30 November 2016, 01:19:25 »
A whimpy diffuser is just going to save weight. I bet it there was a way to do it, xondat would have made this keyboard out of cast iron.

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???
« Reply #1041 on: Wed, 30 November 2016, 02:36:05 »
A whimpy diffuser is just going to save weight. I bet it there was a way to do it, xondat would have made this keyboard out of cast iron.

Nah, nickel alloy  :p
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline Khers

• Schrödinger's box
« Reply #1042 on: Wed, 30 November 2016, 02:46:29 »

Nah, nickel alloy  :p
Shot peened titanium with a tungsten plate and weight.

Offline jchan94

• Keyclack Inc
  • * Vendor
  • Please email jchan@keyclack.com. PMs are disabled
    • KeyClack
« Reply #1043 on: Wed, 30 November 2016, 03:28:40 »
Progress is looking good! I really like that logo that everyone is liking above.

Hard anodizing is amazing and it's nice to see it go this way. Can't wait to see a new prototype from the new manufacturer since I'm sure you want to see their quality before running full production!

Good luck Xondat :D
Support Email: support@keyclack.com

Did you miss something from us?

Offline jorgenslee

« Reply #1044 on: Wed, 30 November 2016, 05:28:51 »
Progress is looking good! I really like that logo that everyone is liking above.

Hard anodizing is amazing and it's nice to see it go this way. Can't wait to see a new prototype from the new manufacturer since I'm sure you want to see their quality before running full production!

Good luck Xondat :D

AFAIK, production has already been started and hard anodizing was dropped last month.

Offline trexous

• ~.~
« Reply #1045 on: Wed, 30 November 2016, 11:10:41 »
if anyone drops out ill happily take your spot (:

Offline pace8500

« Reply #1046 on: Wed, 30 November 2016, 11:59:37 »
If anyone wants to swap their Black or Gray HHKB case for my Black 60% case then let me know.

The chances are slim but it's worth a try!

I managed to get this swapped!

Now if anyone wants to swap their dark gray ANSI plate for my dark gray universal plate then let me know.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #1047 on: Thu, 01 December 2016, 12:27:09 »

Show Image

Clean as **** - I love it. I'll have this made/mocked up on the weight, and this will most likely be the engraving.

Diffuser doesn't work with the alignment tabs. Maybe for V2.

I was actually going to have a full stainless steel case made, but I passed for some reason, probably because I have no idea how it'd be finished.

P.S. I have 10 extra cases that I've not sold yet, but had made, so those will probably be for sale when I commence shipping.

P.P.S. I should be trialling some new shipping boxes, methods, and packaging within the next couple of weeks. No custom packaging this time, maybe for X65 though.

Offline Khers

• Schrödinger's box
« Reply #1048 on: Thu, 01 December 2016, 12:32:16 »

Show Image

Clean as **** - I love it. I'll have this made/mocked up on the weight, and this will most likely be the engraving.
:thumb:

Offline jessica

• Formerly CuteDreamsOfYou & Brazzers
  • HHKB is the only good layout
« Reply #1049 on: Thu, 01 December 2016, 12:43:45 »

Show Image

WOOT