Author Topic: Question aboiut mouse DPI Steps  (Read 5494 times)

Offline OnlyOnceKB

Question aboiut mouse DPI Steps
« on: Fri, 01 April 2016, 13:50:40 »
Are there any mouses out there that go beyond the 5-6 DPI Rating Steps. i see most do max of 5-6 with steps of 400/800/1600/3200, and give or take 200 and 5000.

If there arent any, why do they not exist? Is there some kind of technical difficulties? let me know your thoughts. thanks

Offline Bucake

Re: Question aboiut mouse DPI Steps
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 01 April 2016, 16:54:17 »
definitely.
unfortunately the truth is that a lot of sensors that are used in mice are actually perfectly capable of having a ton of different cpi steps, but it's usually just cost-cutting from companies to not include software or otherwise a physical way to give the consumer a way to access all these cpi steps..

anyway, for example the G303, G502 and G900 are good choices if you want flexible cpi steps. every step of 50cpi is native to the sensor, so the tracking will be great no matter what cpi you use. for these mice, you would use the software from Logitech to change the cpi.
from Razer, there's the Deathadder 2013 and Deathadder Chroma that go by the same logic, but you'd use Synapse to change the cpi.

i can imagine there are more options than these 5, but i'd suggest browsing the Mice section on overclock.net to find out what other options are available.
IBM Model F XT // Realforce 87U 55g Type-S // HHKBP2 45g Type-S // KBT Pure Pro Cherry MX Red

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
Re: Question aboiut mouse DPI Steps
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 01 April 2016, 17:42:49 »
The Logitech G700 series has TONS of steps (200-8700 in steps of 50 dpi) and you can set multiple profiles as well (5 profiles, 5 dpi levels, I think).
They also have adjustable report rates, timeout, all buttons are programmable, can be used wired or wireless and uses a standard NIHM AA battery.

It looks meh, has many stupid buttons, and may not be the greatest feeling (depending on the user), but in every other way, it's one of the most capable and adjustable mice you can buy.

It's a whole lot cheaper than the new G900, but a warning, if you crank everything up,  battery life can be pretty dismal. I'm often down to less than 25% by the end of the day. The 900 is supposed to have better battery life. I swapped the stock battery to a 2700mah NIHM, which helped, but is not possible on the G900.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion