Author Topic: Matrix/Straight Vertical Key Column/Grid keyboards with at least 6kro?  (Read 5978 times)

Offline Inf3rn0_44

Well the TypeMatrix that I recently purchased has given me a great experience in typing more effciently & without cramp. I just need a board that can handle gaming too.. The G15 I have is not that bad, although I would like to upgrade to matrix. So please list all matrix keyboards with at least 6kro. Thanks :)
Quick question: Will the Truly Ergonomic, have 6kro?  That is if it ever comes out :-)
|IMO 1.0 Frankenmouse WMO Internals |
|Access-IS AKC090 Ghetto Reds w/ O-Rings |

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
Matrix/Straight Vertical Key Column/Grid keyboards with at least 6kro?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 01 December 2011, 01:14:47 »
There's a cherry one on ebay right now with browns and NKRO diodes. (thanks to squarebox for the info)

http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?23642-eBay-US-Cherry-G80-1950-%28matrix-layout%29

Offline fuah

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 01 December 2011, 08:56:40 »
I've been looking (half-assedly) for something similar for a little while now..

http://www.access-is.com/programmable_pos_keyboard.php
(scroll down to the bottom)

Sent them an email  about the AKC090 and never got a response.. No idea what the rollover situation is.

Offline sordna

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 01 December 2011, 14:06:02 »
Quote from: Lanx;462139
ps2 kinesis
(these are old)

what's usb kinesis?

USB Kinesis, ie the Kinesis Advantage, is 6KRO.

OP, No idea about the Truly Ergonomic, you should ask them and share the information here.
Kinesis Contoured Advantage & Advantage2 LF with Cherry MX Red switches / Extra keys mod / O-ring dampening mod / Dvorak layout. ErgoDox with buzzer and LED mod.
Also: Kinesis Advantage Classic, Kinesis Advantage2, Data911 TG3, Fingerworks Touchstream LP, IBM SSK (Buckling spring), Goldtouch GTU-0077 keyboard

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 01 December 2011, 18:11:45 »
They show up on ebay now and again. I've wanted an access-is for a while now.

Offline Inf3rn0_44

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 01 December 2011, 21:39:09 »
I guess I will be looking at a sub $150 used kinesis contoured. Basically Sordona, the setup you have would be really neat to try out. However the largest problems I see with the Kinesis is its Size and Price. Other wise it looks like a great board.
|IMO 1.0 Frankenmouse WMO Internals |
|Access-IS AKC090 Ghetto Reds w/ O-Rings |

Offline sordna

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 01 December 2011, 22:18:42 »
Quote from: Inf3rn0_44;462465
I guess I will be looking at a sub $150 used kinesis contoured. Basically Sordona, the setup you have would be really neat to try out. However the largest problems I see with the Kinesis is its Size and Price. Other wise it looks like a great board.

You got it right. Matrix layout, fully programmable, integrated palm rests, thumb keys, cherry MX reds, and 40A durometer soft o-rings. It doesn't get much better than this (unless we are talking heavy mods like cutting it in 2 movable pieces). Typing on this very keyboard right now:

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 33679[/ATTACH]
Kinesis Contoured Advantage & Advantage2 LF with Cherry MX Red switches / Extra keys mod / O-ring dampening mod / Dvorak layout. ErgoDox with buzzer and LED mod.
Also: Kinesis Advantage Classic, Kinesis Advantage2, Data911 TG3, Fingerworks Touchstream LP, IBM SSK (Buckling spring), Goldtouch GTU-0077 keyboard

Offline Lanx

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 02 December 2011, 01:54:14 »
kinesis is actually the size of a tenkeyless imo, yea it's "bulky" cuz it has lots of plastic and it's got a lot of depth cuz it's the curved.

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #9 on: Fri, 02 December 2011, 11:11:20 »
Everyone thinks the Kinesis is huge. It gives that appearance in photos. Try this for size:

About 16" x 8"
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline sordna

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 02 December 2011, 11:28:46 »
Quote from: input nirvana;462855
Everyone thinks the Kinesis is huge. It gives that appearance in photos. Try this for size:

About 16" x 8"

A picture is worth a thousand words, here's mine with some of his friends:

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 33736[/ATTACH]