Author Topic: Bonjour from Belgium  (Read 931 times)

Offline Axiol

Bonjour from Belgium
« on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 10:59:29 »
So, I guess I'll have to say hello, or bonjour as we say here :)

So yeah, I'm a Web developer from Belgium, so you can say, I "sometime" use a keyboard.

Everything started when I switched from an Apple keyboard to a Corsair Vengeance K60. And, yeah, switching to a mech was pretty awesome! But I was curious, I wanted to test other switches. So I borrowed a switch tester to a friend. And I joined the blue side of the Force.

So I went for a pretty awesome WASD with blue switches. But I was tired of the impossibility of finding Belgian ISO keyset, so, I said it was time for another change: ANSI, here I come.

So I received a Pok3r like 2 weeks ago, still with blue switches and seeing him so stock kind of make me sad :)

I guess that's it (well, of course, getting a HHKP Pro2 would be the next step, but, money... :) )

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
Re: Bonjour from Belgium
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 11:09:31 »
Bonjour! Mon francais n'est pas au niveau que je voudrais mais je peux me débrouiller (j'habite dans une province bilingue en Canada)

Pardon my broken french, but welcome to GH! Currently typing on blues right now :P still haven't decide if I like them better than brown yet.
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 04:05:47 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

That's a nice colour layout on the K60!  A bit more yellow would be good too :p

I have a feeling your Pok3r won't stay stock for long - there are so many keycap options around these days.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 04:10:44 »
Wellcome to GH brother hope you enjoy it here