Author Topic: why does a mod always lock threads in off-topic?  (Read 11230 times)

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
Re: why does a mod always lock threads in off-topic?
« Reply #100 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 13:23:49 »

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline iri

« Reply #101 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 13:40:21 »
nah, i just solved the problem radically.

(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Malphas

« Reply #102 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 13:43:34 »
I like your avatar, iri.

Offline iri

« Reply #103 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 13:45:26 »
i like yours as well. was one of my favourite cartoon films as a kid.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #104 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 13:49:08 »
i'm surprised i haven't showed up on any posted ignore lists
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline Malphas

« Reply #105 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 13:50:25 »
tp4tissue allegedly put me on his years ago, but he still responds to my posts somehow.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #106 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 13:51:57 »

I think I'm on a few from back when me and moose had a falling out... but that was a while ago so ive no idea if people still do

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #107 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 13:54:14 »
tp4tissue allegedly put me on his years ago, but he still responds to my posts somehow.
you can do the show posts thing and reply
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****

Offline iri

« Reply #108 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 13:56:53 »
your signature is annoying. seriously.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #109 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 13:57:36 »
your signature is annoying. seriously.
it was intended as a joke for one night, i'm going to remove it
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #110 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 16:22:58 »
because of the1onewolf's signature I had to turn off display of all signatures. It slows down mobile browsers way to much.

Offline Lu_e

« Reply #111 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 16:29:20 »
^ hmm maybe I will do that. **** that guys signature is annoying. Should limit gifs in sigs to 1 or 2

scratch that, ill just ignore him
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 May 2014, 16:33:28 by Lu_e »

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #112 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 16:31:56 »
^ hmm maybe I will do that. **** that guys signature is annoying. Should limit gifs in sigs to 1 or 2

I could've swore we were limited to one image in signatures. What happened to that?

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #113 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 16:32:33 »

I could've swore we were limited to one image in signatures. What happened to that?
what the **** do you think when you can suddenly have more than one
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #114 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 16:34:05 »
What the **** do I think? WHAT THE **** DO I THINK!? Who gives a **** what the **** I think? I want to know the ****ing answer. I had my signature ripped from my hands when rules were changed. And if they're all of a sudden null, then I want to know why the **** that happened? Is that o-****ing-kay with you, huh?

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #115 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 16:35:55 »
excuse me? check your gren sennelling!
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #116 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 16:37:18 »
Yeah, excuse you. You're damn right excuse you. I'll check whatever the **** I want to check. You better check you before I do.

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #117 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 16:37:42 »
I remember exactly what esoomenona is talking about :(

Offline C5Allroad

• Formerly HUNTERANGEL121
  • Watch out, I post when half asleep.
« Reply #118 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 16:38:34 »
because of the1onewolf's signature I had to turn off display of all signatures. It slows down mobile browsers way to much.
I've never had a reason to do that. But their sigs made annoying, and since on android, all of GH is magnified( I made a thread asking about this lol) their sigs were enlarged and lagged lol.

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #119 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 16:39:27 »
does my sig cause people performance issues?

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #120 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 16:43:11 »
I have a note3 and it is great until scrolling buy 6 animated gifs in a signature.

and baldgye no yours is fine from what I can tell.

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #121 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 16:44:09 »
Also, to be clear, I'm not angry or upset at all. I just decided to respond to paicrai in the fashion I did. In fact, I don't even care about the signatures really.

But, in regard to what HUNTERANGEL121 said about the magnification on Android: on my Galaxy Nexus, this never happened to me. But on my new S5, I notice that some posts are larger than others. Very weird.

Offline Lu_e

« Reply #122 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 16:44:44 »
does my sig cause people performance issues?

that image is 11kb so I kinda doubt it, but I can't say for sure. I can say that I don't find it annoying

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #123 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 16:45:12 »

Ok :) if its causing problems (other than people not liking it lol) pm me or something and I'll change it to a flat image or something. It's only a placeholder till I can find a better Snatcher logo anyway

Offline paicrai

• * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #124 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 16:46:45 »
Also, to be clear, I'm not angry or upset at all. I just decided to respond to paicrai in the fashion I did. In fact, I don't even care about the signatures really.
good moose  :thumb:
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

Offline C5Allroad

• Formerly HUNTERANGEL121
  • Watch out, I post when half asleep.
« Reply #125 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 16:47:14 »

Ok :) if its causing problems (other than people not liking it lol) pm me or something and I'll change it to a flat image or something. It's only a placeholder till I can find a better Snatcher logo anyway
It's in the corner. It's not a wall of animations. Not distracting at all lol.

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #126 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 16:52:05 »
I think the difference is that your pics are hosted at imgur and re-sized perfectly.

his were hosted at some site in asia (now at imgur) and his are not re-sized to a size that fits in the signature block. the site trys to autoresize them but doesn't do a very good job.

Offline rknize

• * Administrator
    • metaruss
« Reply #127 on: Wed, 28 May 2014, 23:57:16 »
There are no restrictions on how many pics you can put in your sig and the character limit is set very high.  What is limited is the amount of vertical space that you are allowed to consume on people's screens.  This all played out over a year ago:

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=42976.msg873365#msg873365

Current limit is 120 pixels.
Russ

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #128 on: Thu, 29 May 2014, 01:17:00 »
There are no restrictions on how many pics you can put in your sig and the character limit is set very high.  What is limited is the amount of vertical space that you are allowed to consume on people's screens.  This all played out over a year ago:

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=42976.msg873365#msg873365

Current limit is 120 pixels.

oh man, my sig I want is 121 pixels.
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline iri

« Reply #129 on: Thu, 29 May 2014, 01:40:28 »
But on my new S5, I notice that some posts are larger than others.
in chrome, i guess?

-Ray Bradbury

Offline tbc

« Reply #130 on: Thu, 29 May 2014, 02:24:50 »
also in firefox
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.